PDA

View Full Version : Key Word Activated Emotes

Orcish
08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
SO... I was thinking it would be nice to be able to have a feature where a person could type a particular word, which would trigger an emote animation. Example: Player 1 says to Player 2, "Hey have you heard this one?" Player 2 responds, "What's that?" Player 1 says, "What is the most disliked giant?" Player 2 says, "What"? Player 1 replies, "Easy, a gas giant!" Player 2 types, "lol" -Player 2 automatically activates the "LOL!" emote. I know, I know, bad example but you get the idea. I'm not into the whole typing a "/", then a "E", then the emote name (which seems like a big waste of time). I'm pretty sure this could easily implemented. There's already a word filter that keeps track of certain key words anyways, we're merely adding onto it. Any thoughts?

And yes I already know about the 2 & 3 finger swipe emotes :)

Register
08-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I like this but what if you dont want to do the lol emote but wanna say lol? And the swiping emote thing doesnt work too well with me lol...

Ellyidol
08-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Interesting.

Totally guessing here, apologies if it offends you in any way, not the intention at all.

But you do know there is the emoticon slideout menu right?

I find it much easier to tap the emoticon icon, then tap the emoticon I want to do. Wouldn't it require less tapping than typing it out? :)

Orcish
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
That's why there would be a on/off feature in the options :)

Orcish
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
For some it would be good to keep it the way it is, but how many of us already type out lol and then hit the "LOL!" emote for example? I do this a lot, to me it just saves me from hitting the emote tray, then the wave emote everytime I say "Hi" or "bye".

Silentarrow
08-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I like how if you say lol your person starts to laugh though. +1

Ebalere
08-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Yeah or say hello or hi, and wave is cool too. I use that combo more than lol and "lol" emote.

Mrknockers
08-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Yea that's a great idea and I know WoW uses lol as a trigger for laughing as well as other emotes like /rude and /cry with the appropriate text. Probably many other mmo's that use it as well. It'd be great for STS to use it more as a way to emerse you in the world since they already have shortcuts.

PatsoeGamer
08-04-2011, 07:20 AM
I really like this idea, but agree with others on the switch button on/off in the menu.
It could be used instead of the slide emote menu, and you could programme more emotes easier that way like bow, salute etc

superglut2
08-06-2011, 04:39 AM
woukd br cool but we need a disable feature