PDA

View Full Version : Which class is right for me?

Silentarrow
08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi, since the release of Star Legends is so close (maybe tommorow :D), I've been wondering which class I should main. In Pocket Legends I mained a duel spec dex bear, I enjoyed the health combined with the high hit % and damage. For the short time I played World of Warcraft I mained a Hunter and the Rouge. So... Judging by the classes I have played as, which class do you think suits me?

Quientar
08-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Operative is best at single target damage...highest dps in game, good hit and crit perc. but no aoe effects.

Silentarrow
08-01-2011, 08:26 PM
So, do you think I am fit for an Op?

Ebalere
08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
You are fit for a commando i would think. lots of aoe attacks, and you can make him FULL dex if u want, and still equip heavy guns. Although at level 25-26, i dont know how much your attributed points will affect your hit%. These guys have all the same crowd control skills as bears in some shape or form. This is a good choice if you don't like dying. They also look the biggest in game lol.

If you like the idea of a plexiglass cannon (lol), i would say the operative, because they pack a punch but his/her regen skill isn't that great, so you'll be using pots and hanging near the back of the pack getting it done. I favor this type because they rip bosses apart like crazy. And with a good party you'll be fine and shouldn't have to pot much.

Engineers are total support characters, with lots of healing skills including heal over time and group heals and buffs. Everyone welcomes a good engi in the group, and i feel there's a shortage sometimes. They have good armor when self buffed, and can work as dps characters quite well with the right weapon and attributes choice.

hope that helps. This is just my opinion don't hate! Lol

Silentarrow
08-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Ok, thanks! I will use the commando! I'm thinking of putting three or four points of strength every level and one or two of dex.

Pman3255
08-01-2011, 08:50 PM
I think I'm going to be a operative or engineer

Elyseon
08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
So is SL and PL:
Operative-Avian
Commando-Ursan
Engineer-Enchantress
Is that a correct basic comparison?

Dosumn1978
08-01-2011, 09:01 PM
So is SL and PL:
Operative-Avian
Commando-Ursan
Engineer-Enchantress

Very basic comparison.

Elyseon
08-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Ok haven't played yet, that's just my assessment from what I read :)

Silentarrow
08-01-2011, 09:10 PM
So is SL and PL:
Operative-Avian
Commando-Ursan
Engineer-Enchantress
From what I understand, Engineer and Enchantress are very different. Engineer mainly a buffing class while mage is for of a "Nuke" class.

Elyseon
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Oh ok, thx for letting me know, so it has way more powerful buffs I assume

Silentarrow
08-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Four out of its twelve are healing and a revive.

CrimsonTider
08-01-2011, 09:20 PM
C-0-m-m-a-n-d-0

Breadkeeper
08-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Its hard to say anything since all three classes have 3 hidden skills still. Who knows, maybe engie will get some nice aoe in the last 3 skills.... one can hope... lol

At the moment Engie is nothing like a mage. More like half a mage.

Quientar
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
there is really no way to compare SL and PL classes. they are all different. especially since all classes in SL use ranged weapons. as of right now, there are no swords, axes or any melee weapons.

As to skills, Commandos are all about creature control and area effects. Operatives have single target skills, with the only skill to increase critical percentages, excellent against tough creats or bosses. Engineers have all the buff and support skills, but are also the best suited to solo levels with a decent dps and minimal pot use.

My suggestion is if you want to play a commando or operative, make an engineer also and use the engineer for farming. will be easier and save you money. basically if you dont have a good group, you can use your eng to farm equip or whatever, then switch back to you comm or op when you find a group to go farming with. although guilds will help you find groups more often to go farming with.

hope that helps.

Nourish
08-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Tarrow, I'd be careful about putting points into dex because the ONLY thing my research has told me is it only raises hit %. On the other hand, str raises damage and other tanking assets more than dex. So you can experiment if you wanna :)

Raulur
08-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Operative is pretty close to bird, probably the closest to it's counterpart in PL. You can solo, your strength is high single target damage output. However if you aggro too many at a time, you'll be burning stims like they are candy. Better find a good running mate to take the heat. Ops shine at the bosses, just like birds. You do not want to be leading the pack as an op though.

Commando is sort of like a paladin without a true heal. You can either pick a weaker AoE weapon to go with your AoE skills, or higher single target damage weapon and still have AoE skills. You can solo fine if you go slow. Commandos are good in parties, just might take a while on the boss if there are too many.

Engineer is somewhere in between, with heals, some weaker area skills, and decent dps. You can solo, but be careful not to aggro too many at once because skills are not geared toward quick damage like the other two. Your heals can get overwelmed if you pick on too many at once, but otherwise you rarely need stims. Every party loves engineers.

themars
08-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Stat points arent the same as in PL . Gonna try to say what I mean. A commando gets higher dps, crit, hit %, armor with str stat points, an engeneer with int and and an operative with dex. Don't use dex for a commando cause it doesn't make a big difference just want to be clear u won't make a dex bear cause it doesn't improve all of ur stats and it looks like ur still lv 1.