PDA

View Full Version : Life Steal Skill Problem

Rebel
06-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Alright, I tested this out a few times and this is what I found. It seems as though lifesteal (skill for enchantress) doesn't work all of the time. At first, I thought that it just didn't work when I was moving around, but I tested it and on occasion it didn't work standing still either. Another problem I have with it is the time it takes to actually steal the health. It is around a 1 second delay, which can be a life/death situation especially in PvP. I don't know if life steal was made to have a delay, and if it was, then that is fine by me. The main thing I am concerned with is the first problem though. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. Please, by all means, go out and test it yourselves. It may just be me.

Also, I think someone has mentioned this before, but Firestorm will only do damage if your target is in range. If the target gets out of range and you use it when another enemy is nearby, it will do no damage. It is an AOE attack, so it shouldn't need to be focused on a specific person to do damage to surrounding people.

Izbar
06-13-2010, 12:33 AM
makes sense why i have been "missing" with fire storm lol

Royce
06-13-2010, 12:47 AM
I have experienced spotty behavior with drain life, and that's one of the reasons I avoided it mostly until PvP came. I always had a suspicion that it was buggy, but couldn't nail down exactly what was happening. As for the delay, the magic shield one is worse in my opinion. As you say, maybe they're intended, but I don't think magic shield used to take so long to activate.

nerdherd
06-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Drain life can miss just like any other attack, so sometimes it doesn't work. I haven't tested with a dex mage, but using my int build with some dex I find that it hits around what I would expect based on my hit %. It has a brief "charge" time to perform, which I think it perfectly acceptable (although I certainly wouldn't mind it being instant).

Esus
06-14-2010, 12:18 AM
I would love it if life drain was instant rather than having the one second pause between casting and it actually doing anything. In the past few days I have come to really lke the spell, dut the delay is killin me(literaly in game). As for the delay in magic sheild, I would also have to agree, it does seem to be a tad slow in it's activation when cast. I also would like to see the enchantress's armor and crit buff to last as long as other classes or have a similar cooldown. I'm not entirely sure if the cooldown is the same as as ironblood, rage, focus, or evasion as BoV and BoM, but if those buffs for other classes have a faster cooldown, the enchantress is at a disadvantage...just some thoughts.

Rebel
06-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Not only this, but just today (I was doing a lot of pvp) I noticed that on occasion, mana shield just wouldn't work at all. It said I used the skill, but after, the attacks went straight to health. Mana was still full.

Royce
06-14-2010, 01:06 AM
I think that's the delay I'm talking about. Even after the shield comes up, graphically speaking, there is an additional delay before it will protect you. Or do you mean this happened when mana shield was on for a while? If so I wonder if any skills specifically target health regardless of shield (drain life would be a logical one).

asommers
06-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Yes, this is true. Cinco and I will look at this and come up with a solution.

-ALS

Esus
06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if magic sheild cooldown was shorter :P

Pleasure_Pirate
06-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if magic sheild cooldown was shorter :P

That would make mages close to immortal lol

Esus
06-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Lol that or have the buffs for crit and armor last as long as other classes. Magic sheild is good as is, I was only joking about that. ;P

Rebel
06-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Haha I don't really care as much about cooldowns, but more about skills being instant.

Purearch
06-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I do agree with rebel. This has also happened to me. For some reason I knew something was wrong.

Violentsaint
06-15-2010, 02:57 AM
yer i think it would be better if mana shield was instant :P same with life drain.

also somtimes if you cast life drain and a enemy is nearby it targets the enemy at uses the skill on them. other times an enemy can be right next to you and you use spell and instead of it targeting the enemy the spell gets used on nothing and you have to wait for it to cooldown

plz fix

LIGHTNINGLORD67
06-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah this happens to me too on some of my enchantresses! I hate it when that happens...it can get annoying lol. Well, anyways good luck.

Theremin
07-03-2010, 01:54 AM
It seems like they changed what this spell used to do. Maybe it happened when they updated the skill descriptions, I can't be sure. I could have sworn originally this spell worked like a life steal, and it healed the caster for a certain amount. I don't see that in the description anymore, and when I use it now, it does not heal me at all.

I have been experimenting with this spell a bit recently, and I've also noticed a delay, to put it "modestly," in it having any effect on the target. Presently, I just assume that maybe this is a talent which must be maxxed out to be of any real benefit. Unfortunately, I don't know where I'd find the points to test this theory. :(

Royce
07-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Drain life does return health to the caster, but if you only have a point or 2 the amount is quite small and you may not notice it.

Nouda
07-03-2010, 11:49 AM
i also think magic shield should be instant because ill see the shield around me and ill take some damage to my health and then it switches over to mana

KingFu
07-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Another problem solved by Asommers, AKA, "Mr. Fix-it" lol

v5point0
07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
This is the reason why Drain Life is no Heal replacement. I am sure we all Mages have thought about it at least once. Two birds with one stone, but what if that stone don't hit either bird.