PDA

View Full Version : If you want to curtail begging.

davidis57
08-02-2011, 02:01 AM
If you want to stop the majority of begging than don't give beggars anything. Those who give items, gold, and weapons are encouraging this kind of behavior. Today a lvl 54 player was begging for a free bow in town. Now that is simply pathetic.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Nick41324
08-02-2011, 02:57 AM
LMAO!! ur treating them like animals! I kinda make them work for money if they ask. Or when people find out I have "a little" bit of money they take off all their armor and say they really want that snowball launcher in cs for 275k lol

davidis57
08-02-2011, 04:43 AM
Its easy to earn money and items without having to beg. They just want to take the easy way out instead of trying to play the game correctly. I am not the only one who dislikes beggars.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Ellyidol
08-02-2011, 04:45 AM
If a beggar asks for a fish, you do not give him a fish. You teach him how to fish.

Similarly, you refer beggars to the forums and search​ for gold guides :p

Dazamo
08-02-2011, 08:31 AM
I like making them work for it. I ask them to perform a scene from a movie or such. One person actually did it. Took them linger to do the scene, then it would've to make the same amount in gold I gave them.

Raazesk
08-02-2011, 05:50 PM
If someone asks me for money I usually just ask them a bunch of questions: why they need it, what they'll buy, why they'll buy what they'll buy, why they don't have money, simple math questions, etc.
Some do it, others just leave, and once someone swore at me lol

Lately, I've been telling them: "This is a game for heroes. Heroes don't beg."
Haha that's good. I'm gonna try that lol

Fyrce
08-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Usually if I ask them questions, they swear at me :p

I like the idea of making them work for it: Make them tell me boss names or something.

Lately, I've been telling them: "This is a game for heroes. Heroes don't beg." So far, they leave pretty quickly after this. I'm pretty sure they just go beg in a different town.

PatsoeGamer
08-04-2011, 07:22 AM
"This is a game for heroes. Heroes don't beg."

I'm using this on beggars from now on lol Brilliant!

Kraze
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Wait everyone doesn't have a /r antibegging tell?