PDA

View Full Version : My newest work: fan art of Christina Perri

RedRyder
08-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Today I downloaded SketchBook Mobile on my iPhone, developed by the awesome Autodesk. After getting the hang of it a bit, I decided to run before I could crawl and start a portrait of a real person. This isn't really my style, as I primarily do cartoon and fictional characters, but it was a real breath of fresh air and lots of fun.

This was done completely on my iPhone with just my fingers (tried making a stylus and succeeded, but it was harder to draw with the makeshift stylus.) it took me about two and a half hours.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/d371df45.jpg

Christina Perri is an amazing singer with great music. With hits such as Jar of Hearts, Arms, and Miles. Hope you enjoy this and her music :)

Otukura
08-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Wow! Do you know if they have that app on the android market/is it free?

Conradin
08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Great job Red! How the hell do ya do that on your ipod??!!??

Redbridge
08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
That's amazing....

Matutd
08-02-2011, 02:36 PM
wow u are like the best drawer ive ever seen :) i dont know anybody who could draw like tat on paper, never mind on an iphone :D
also how did u make a stylus for iphone? id love one of those :)

CrimsonTider
08-02-2011, 02:43 PM
As always Red, excellent work!

Roasty
08-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Wow! You just blew my mind away with this drawing. Simply amazing :)

Matutd
08-02-2011, 02:57 PM
http://illvibes.co/2011/05/24/mv-arms-by-christina-perri/
omfg!!! i found this pic on google, ur pic looks so much like her :)

RedRyder
08-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Wow! Do you know if they have that app on the android market/is it free?

Not sure about droids, but there's a paid and free version (I have paid since it allows you to have more than 8 layers that the free one limits you to)

Great job Red! How the hell do ya do that on your ipod??!!??

It wasn't easy on my phone at all, but still a fun experience! A lot of patience as anyone would imagine lol

wow u are like the best drawer ive ever seen :) i dont know anybody who could draw like tat on paper, never mind on an iphone :D
also how did u make a stylus for iphone? id love one of those :)

Haha thanks! As for the stylus, there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube. You basically wrap a pencil in tin foil, but still not guaranteed to work and it's not very convenient. I have a screen guard on my phone, but I imagine it could do damage to your screen. I hear they sell stylus' as well.

That's amazing....

Thank you sir!

As always Red, excellent work!

Thanks!

There should be some more coming, as some of my friends are starting to request some, but it's limited since it's a real pain in the arse

Otukura
08-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Not sure about droids, but there's a paid and free version (I have paid since it allows you to have more than 8 layers that the free one limits you to)

Found them, they are there:) Thanks.

apocketlegend
08-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Nice work! that looks awesome!

RedRyder
08-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Just finished making one for a friend :) again, on sketchbook mobile on my iPhone (also available on the android market)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/b22791be.jpg

RioMage
08-10-2011, 07:54 AM
This is just too awesome dude. Keep up the good work!

RedRyder
08-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks man :) they're a hit on my Facebook haha I have requests coming left and right! It feels like a burden at first, but it's great practice. I NEVER do people, let alone on an iPhone, so as I said it's a real breath of fresh air