PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Sneak Peek | 5/20/16 | Housing System

Justg
05-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Housing is coming and we just had to show you some of the things we're cooking up. These are some of the things you'll be able to do, by yourself and with others, in your house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCu6qY94bYY&feature=youtu.be

Have a great weekend!

- g

Anyona
05-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bm4_le60
05-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Looks fun but may i ask...
Why?

Justg
05-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Looks fun but may i ask...
Why?

A significant portion of MMO players like to socialize, as well as have a place to call their own. Houses are not required, but they are extremely cool for the types of folks that like that sort of thing.

Anyona
05-20-2016, 04:05 PM
A significant portion of MMO players like to socialize, as well as have a place to call their own. Houses are not required, but they are extremely cool for the types of folks that like that sort of thing.

Will we be able to customise our housing with furniture and will they drop from various places in Arlor?

Edit: will we also have special houses drop in Arlor?

Miguel Herbert
05-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Thank you justg ive wanted this for so long but never asked since the idea to me seems stupid but secretly wanted <3

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Justg
05-20-2016, 04:13 PM
Will we be able to customise our housing with furniture and will they drop from various places in Arlor?

You will totally be able to customize it! Furniture and decor will drop as loot from all over the place in Arlor, from regular levels to killer stuff in Elites. You will also be able to purchase different things from the store for teeth, tokens, orc tags, planar fragments, cryo and glintstone coins, and plat. We'll do a full guide soon.

scarysmerf
05-20-2016, 04:15 PM
Cool I can't wait to chill in my own home and invite friends over have some bbq pork chop lol :)

Anyona
05-20-2016, 04:16 PM
You will totally be able to customize it! Furniture and decor will drop as loot from all over the place in Arlor, from regular levels to killer stuff in Elites. You will also be able to purchase different things from the store for teeth, tokens, orc tags, planar fragments, cryo and glintstone coins, and plat. We'll do a full guide soon.

Thanks a lot for the information, I'll definitely keep my hands on these different currencies! [emoji1]

Justg
05-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Will this be a free feature or will it cost platinum and if so how much?

You will be able to enjoy the system without plat, for only in game currencies. However, if you choose to buy plat you will have more options available to you. We'll talk more about pricing when we do a full guide to the system.

Ticklish
05-20-2016, 04:22 PM
Hmmm cute idea. Can we have house parties?

Cinco
05-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Can we have house parties?

Yes indeed :-)

scarysmerf
05-20-2016, 04:24 PM
You will be able to enjoy the system without plat, for only in game currencies. However, if you choose to buy plat you will have more options available to you. We'll talk more about pricing when we do a full guide to the system.
Can you add a television too? that would be awesome I can watch robot movies with munch mouth and I can make popcorn and some motor oil for munch mouth :)

Ticklish
05-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Yes indeed :-)

I'm curious, what's the maximum capacity?

Cinco
05-20-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm curious, what's the maximum capacity?

For this initial release, we're setting the maximum occupancy of a player house equivalent to that of your average towne (which is around 30 folks).

Ticklish
05-20-2016, 04:30 PM
For this initial release, we're setting the maximum occupancy of a player house equivalent to that of your average towne (which is around 30 folks).

Nice. Can we have a pool upgrade too? Summer is near :)

ilhanna
05-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Good idea about in game currencies for house customization items; keeps people from getting too comfortable in their apartment and forget to run maps. :)

My only concern is the server load caused by the housing system. I hope this feature doesn't cause more lag, because the house is cute and all but I want to run maps without lagging.

Felipe Pereira
05-20-2016, 05:03 PM
There could be marriage, for share goods. I mean, of course it should also have a genre system. That's because i play with my girlfriend and we share some stuffs. And ye she play in a male character, thats funny but could be changed. Think about it G, would be nice.

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk

Vixenne
05-20-2016, 05:05 PM
Now this is very exciting news!! :love_heart:

johnycageee
05-20-2016, 05:17 PM
Can you add a television too? that would be awesome I can watch robot movies with munch mouth and I can make popcorn and some motor oil for munch mouth :)
[emoji23] [emoji23] :D :D

Kaziscate
05-20-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm going to turn my house into a club where everybody can turn up and enjoy food......

oekeone
05-20-2016, 06:00 PM
I love this house system and you should add a ps4 xD

johnycageee
05-20-2016, 06:01 PM
Can I let inside my pitbull? :D

Послато са GT-I9300 уз помоћ Тапатока

Niixed
05-20-2016, 06:05 PM
Will there be any tangible, in game benefits to our characters, like boosts for 'sleeping' or 'eating?'

archer queen
05-20-2016, 07:21 PM
Very nice idea ...
I cook a lot of food for my
Guildmate..lol =)

Ovacal
05-20-2016, 07:27 PM
whahhhahah oh yeah! I love it xD

konafez
05-20-2016, 07:36 PM
The dancing rogue was epic!

If elected can I get a house in white?

Cons
05-20-2016, 07:42 PM
I hope there would be a swimming pool in it, if there is i'd be swimming there all day.. :banana:

Runel Joseph Ruiz
05-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Can't afford to buy house in real life? Why not buy house in Arcane Legends.

tokko
05-20-2016, 08:33 PM
hahaha nice

Rikochhan
05-20-2016, 08:59 PM
I want my house to be winter-themed, lmao. :D I would love to socialize in such an environment <3

Kenzou
05-20-2016, 09:32 PM
I'm so glad we can now have our very own house in A.L just like the other MMORPG
Now we have another place to stay when we are bored
I wish the house will be big enough for a partyyyy!
Thanks G

Vixenne
05-20-2016, 10:27 PM
I'm so glad we can now have our very own house in A.L just like the other MMORPG
Now we have another place to stay when we are bored
I wish the house will be big enough for a partyyyy!
Thanks G

Reminds me of the times where I used to chill at in Ragnarok Online and WoW.

Gladius
05-20-2016, 10:55 PM
Im curious to know, could change the entire house itself like turn it from this wooden house into a cave or something like that?

Thrucho
05-20-2016, 11:28 PM

Will the loot furniture and decorations be tradable?? I wanna set my little rent a center hah

Zynzyn
05-21-2016, 01:12 AM
Creative and fun idea to pep up the game. Loving AL and STS <3 :cupcake:

Shobhit Chaturvedi
05-21-2016, 01:40 AM
Looks exciting! Thank you STS :)

Veejay Astorga
05-21-2016, 01:41 AM
Cool........

Asron9
05-21-2016, 03:21 AM
woww I Love it [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my Lenovo A1900 using Tapatalk

Hoardseeker
05-21-2016, 03:21 AM
Can I rob someone's house? I'm much curious .

Kakashis
05-21-2016, 03:47 AM
Please give us the ability to hang up our vanities/armors for display!

Nessa
05-21-2016, 04:02 AM
it would be great if we can keep our vanity in house instead of carry it around, takes a lot of space in invt.

DK
05-21-2016, 04:41 AM

I could not agree more! This is simply a NEED the houses must fulfill! I will make my house a museum hihi

Mouly
05-21-2016, 05:08 AM
Will we be able to turn on PVP in our home?

Swtdvl
05-21-2016, 05:49 AM
Stash will be there in house? Lol

xutreuqux
05-21-2016, 05:57 AM
This game will soon be better than sims freeplay for sure

steversj
05-21-2016, 08:50 AM
AWESOME , so how does a player get to purchase there own houuse ? im assuming one house may cost through 500k-2m , please clear this up

Rukva
05-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Looks cool I'm excited.

Color OW
05-21-2016, 10:53 AM
Really cool.. very interesting :D

Justg
05-21-2016, 11:05 AM
Will there be any tangible, in game benefits to our characters, like boosts for 'sleeping' or 'eating?'

Interesting idea, what do you folks think would be cool (while maintaining game balance)?

Ydqm
05-21-2016, 11:16 AM
I want to be able to make a baby and stick eggs in it like the pet system, lol. Can we share a house with someone?

Jiinzou
05-21-2016, 11:36 AM
Interesting idea, what do you folks think would be cool (while maintaining game balance)?

When you eat and sleep you get small pve buffs. You will be alloweed to have a "buff meal" three times per day (bf,lunch and dinner) and you will be granted an effigy-like power up for 30 min. (Eating will increase your energy and so give more chance to.crit and naturally strenghten your defense)
When you sleep,your heroic power recharges,givin you when you wake up a primary stat +20 buff for 30 min/1h. You will be allowed to sleep once every 24h

Cyberspirit
05-21-2016, 11:53 AM
This is so cool!

thekragle
05-21-2016, 12:00 PM
This is fantastic, just one more thing to love about the game and provides so much variety.

How about a little botany. Like picking up seeds around arlor to grow flowers and plants that are crafted into potions or anhks, or something like that. I want a garden too lol ;)

Gouiwaa9000
05-21-2016, 12:10 PM
G , it will be cool if we could hang our banners on the walls , I have like 15 cool banners that I got over the years , tough my fav one is 2013 Halloween , so the other ones just lay in stash without any use.

Shobhit Chaturvedi
05-21-2016, 12:13 PM

Maybe housing system can add more variety to game. Like having an item in your house gives you stat boosts or any special skills. These items can be farm able. This will add to existing slots like ring, armor, helm etc. A lot more variety can be brought with this system.

DLQ
05-21-2016, 12:19 PM
Marriage and have a baby?

Ikr this idea is good, new pet system, housing, animation effect from skill and pet AA, but pls think about this game mostly playable via mobile phone. Theres much player who dont have smart phone with high spec and huge ram, more fiture means need more space on memory. Memory full means lag, freeze and make ppl not enjoy playin this game anymore.

Thanks

Avaree
05-21-2016, 12:36 PM

I disagree with sleeping & eating benefits, if game can be opened in multiple windows with chrome this will only give another way to exploit the game..

Tatman
05-21-2016, 12:44 PM
G , it will be cool if we could hang our banners on the walls , I have like 15 cool banners that I got over the years , tough my fav one is 2013 Halloween , so the other ones just lay in stash without any use.
I like this idea.

As for houses giving boosts - NO.

cannedheat
05-21-2016, 12:57 PM
I don't care a bout a house what's next minivan and babies zzzz I want to be motivated to run maps

Niixed
05-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Sleeping suggestions

Luck o' the morning: 0.5% luck boost per hour of "sleep" to a maximum of 5% luck for 30 minutes upon next login
Healthy Habit: 2 health/mana potions per hour of sleep to a maximum of 20 awarded upon next login
You Have That Certain Glow... : Upon waking up characters receive a random aura effect for 60 minutes
Reading Ritual: Receive 3 story tokens upon waking (because your character read a book before turning out the lights)

Eating Suggestions

Satisfying Meal: Maximum 3 meals per day. Each grants a random 5% mini-elixir that lasts for 15 min. Elixirs can be stat, armor, xp, dmage, speed
Someone call AFLEA (Arlorian Food Likability Enforcement Agency): Occasionally you find something in your food that shouldn't be there, a chipped dragkin tooth, a tarnished hauntlet coin, a soiled crate key, etc.

Housing Suggestions

Home is where the FX are: Obtaining a particular item could grant a particle effect whichever vanity the character is wearing.
Party Favors: Hosts of a "party" can purchase a package (gold or plat) that grants players some kind of benefit.

Niixed
05-21-2016, 01:13 PM
I do think housing needs to have a tangible benefit to characters and not just be entirely vanity. Unless there is something real to gain, many players won't bother trying to get a house and the market for housing items will remain weak. Housing needs to be tied to the rest of the game in some way.

What happens when the novelty of having an in game house wears off? Sure, it'll be really cool and, at first, some players will go gangbusters. But, all vanity eventually feels dated.

In real life, we don't have homes just because they would be fun to have and they look nice. They have a function and add something to our daily lives. It doesn't flow with human psychology to have a vanity home unless you're immensely wealthy and have nothing better to do with your wealth or time.

I think it is wise to be concerned about exploits, which is one reason I think the benefits should be small and/or incremental. But, there should be benefits!

Ticklish
05-21-2016, 01:19 PM
Marriage and have a baby?

Ikr this idea is good, new pet system, housing, animation effect from skill and pet AA, but pls think about this game mostly playable via mobile phone. Theres much player who dont have smart phone with high spec and huge ram, more fiture means need more space on memory. Memory full means lag, freeze and make ppl not enjoy playin this game anymore.

Thanks

No marriage and babies, please. We're playing to KILL, not procreate.

Gouiwaa9000
05-21-2016, 01:29 PM
I dont care if houses will give any benefit XD , I'm just happy I will have a place where I can sit alone without getting "please give me gold sir" pm's XD . And where I can go afk and be sure I won't find 500 rares in my inventory upon dimming back XD ( dangers of going afk in the gh XDXD )

DLQ
05-21-2016, 01:30 PM

Thats the point, as a killer we dont need house. We need battlefield, better weapon, pet, more challenging map, etc. We dont need house when the goblins still walking outside, u want that monster kill us while we sleep?

Niixed
05-21-2016, 01:40 PM
I dont care if houses will give any benefit XD , I'm just happy I will have a place where I can sit alone without getting "please give me gold sir" pm's XD . And where I can go afk and be sure I won't find 500 rares in my inventory upon dimming back XD ( dangers of going afk in the gh XDXD )
Wait... isn't THAT a benefit? ;)

Avaree
05-21-2016, 01:45 PM
I do think housing needs to have a tangible benefit to characters and not just be entirely vanity. Unless there is something real to gain, many players won't bother trying to get a house and the market for housing items will remain weak. Housing needs to be tied to the rest of the game in some way.

What happens when the novelty of having an in game house wears off? Sure, it'll be really cool and, at first, some players will go gangbusters. But, all vanity eventually feels dated.

In real life, we don't have homes just because they would be fun to have and they look nice. They have a function and add something to our daily lives. It doesn't flow with human psychology to have a vanity home unless you're immensely wealthy and have nothing better to do with your wealth or time.

I think it is wise to be concerned about exploits, which is one reason I think the benefits should be small and/or incremental. But, there should be benefits!

Arcane legends is not real life, and yes AL is a very social game. . If the devs do implement tangible benefits for the extra house skills lol, then they should add these tangible benefits to guild hall. (Balance) The extra skills of sitting/sleeping/eating/reading/dancing is enough benefits :) if houses become more "valuable" than a guild hall, why have a guild hall?
And as far as some of the more recreational things suggested, I agree with Ticklish :)

Otahaanak
05-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Adding an NPC "dummy" that could be used to test skills, weap damage, etc, would be welcome imo

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty

Gouiwaa9000
05-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Adding an NPC "dummy" that could be used to test skills, weap damage, etc, would be welcome imo

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
Agreed!! We should also be able to set him as much armor as we want , going from 0 to 5k. I'm sick of asking friends to duel me in order to test skills/procs.

kinzmet
05-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Why do I feel its becoming Sims?

xutreuqux
05-22-2016, 12:16 AM
Pls let us choose where to build our house and what it is made of. I want to have a log cabin at nordr and a beach cottage at aegir islands xD and let us put furnitures like windows doors etc and upgrade the houses with more rooms, floors, etc. And let us have backyards too (or pools if built on kraken isles) so i can release my pets and watch them play, and let ripmaw n hj breath water for the first time.

But if u want to make things better, i suggest u make a new game xD mmorpg and simulations just wont match. I suggest someone on sts play avakin life and make a new game based on it with sts simple, intuitive and pickup-and-play style. Thx

bonjovi3223
05-22-2016, 04:31 AM
Then why do you need a house in the first place?

resurrected
05-22-2016, 05:02 AM
Then why do you need a house in the first place?
New PvP map like CTF , new vanity or weapons or hmmm new maps would be more welcome IMO :)

Huw Warrington
05-22-2016, 05:24 AM
What about the guilds? Will they be able to pump out using in game currencies are still plat?

Bunny♥
05-22-2016, 06:20 AM
sims LOL

vonduchvlad
05-22-2016, 08:33 AM
Idk where the game is going, but im sure the game will become dating site. If you want place you can call you own why not buy a gh for you only? This game will become mmodrpg. You want to be alone go tour the gh xd none can enter there even your friends.

ClumsyCactus
05-22-2016, 12:14 PM
the roleplayers are coming

Traosabara
05-22-2016, 12:15 PM
The new rogue animations look awesome! Since this is mostly a social feature, could you consider adding some new emotes too?

Niixed
05-22-2016, 01:38 PM
Arcane legends is not real life, and yes AL is a very social game. . If the devs do implement tangible benefits for the extra house skills lol, then they should add these tangible benefits to guild hall. (Balance) The extra skills of sitting/sleeping/eating/reading/dancing is enough benefits :) if houses become more "valuable" than a guild hall, why have a guild hall?
And as far as some of the more recreational things suggested, I agree with Ticklish :)

I agree that there should be more guild-wide benefits obtainable via the guild hall and through being a member of a guild. Guilds could be so much more awesome and waay helpful, but right now their functionality is just stale.

I just want to reiterate that I believe that housing should be integrated with the rest of the game somehow and not just be a peripheral module. I think the housing system is a very smart move on STS' part and I would love to see it executed well. Having a house should enhance characters in some way and not just be a social function. The reason? So it appeals to more types of players and not just the socially-minded players. It's great that we can gain housing items in maps and buy them with plat, but give us a good reason to have a house in the first place.

Is having a house going to help me with PvP?
Is it going to help me complete my elite achievements?
Will it help me craft items?
Can I have more inventory?
Will it help me earn more gold?
Can I have a mailbox so I can message other players offline?
What is the point of having a house?

That's what I'm trying to get at. I don't want to complicate development, I just don't want housing to have an existential crisis in a few months.

Asron9
05-23-2016, 04:18 AM
cos we gonna have housing system soon I hope for male and female version also for all clases :D

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160523/3036434cd530f8beee8cd0d894598cd6.jpg

as specially for the blue one hihi

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160523/977f1803fe01d5620dab7cd8dacb005a.jpg

Sent from my K012 using Tapatalk

Tatman
05-23-2016, 08:34 AM
I agree that there should be more guild-wide benefits obtainable via the guild hall and through being a member of a guild. Guilds could be so much more awesome and waay helpful, but right now their functionality is just stale.

I just want to reiterate that I believe that housing should be integrated with the rest of the game somehow and not just be a peripheral module. I think the housing system is a very smart move on STS' part and I would love to see it executed well. Having a house should enhance characters in some way and not just be a social function. The reason? So it appeals to more types of players and not just the socially-minded players. It's great that we can gain housing items in maps and buy them with plat, but give us a good reason to have a house in the first place.

That's what I'm trying to get at. I don't want to complicate development, I just don't want housing to have an existential crisis in a few months.
Ok, I can agree with some of these. But then again - why not do it for guild halls? Wouldn't it be nice, if we were able to upgrade our guild halls, which will benefit whole guilds, instead of one person?

For example, extra crafting slots, extra auction slots, etc. etc. Plus, the dancing and all that party stuff. Everyone would contribute in upgrading the guild halls and a lot of people would benefit from it. What's the point in houses with boosts? So that some people would buy everything on day 1 and get another advantage over everyone else? I am not ok with this personally. Limit houses to social/vanity status.

Laitumkhrah
05-23-2016, 08:37 AM
Niceeee.....

Avaree
05-23-2016, 09:22 AM

Ok, I can agree with some of these. But then again - why not do it for guild halls? Wouldn't it be nice, if we were able to upgrade our guild halls, which will benefit whole guilds, instead of one person?

For example, extra crafting slots, extra auction slots, etc. etc. Plus, the dancing and all that party stuff. Everyone would contribute in upgrading the guild halls and a lot of people would benefit from it. What's the point in houses with boosts? So that some people would buy everything on day 1 and get another advantage over everyone else? I am not ok with this personally. Limit houses to social/vanity status.

Leave houses for players who want the social more private time with their selected group of friends. No additional tangible benefits besides whats already shown in the sneak peak should come with houses.

(I know I am not a lone on this) I want to see the drop rate on antignome set items buffed. 100's of farmers, 1000's of runs, some mold drops (more than the other set pieces), but under 4 helms and 1 belt looted (to my knowledge) ... Something isnt right with this rate (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?326120-This-is-just-getting-rediculous&p=2478168#post2478168).(-- click to read more..

ilhanna
05-23-2016, 10:07 AM

Message box for offline players might be a good idea since it might (marginally) improve the social aspect of the game. But if I want to complete my elite achievements I'll do it outside the house and want it to have absolutely nothing to do with what I do on maps. Because then people with the wherewithal to furnish their house to the max but not necessarily keen on spending time on runs can have unfair advantage over those might run their fingers to the bones for APs and such and still find it hard to compete with plat buyers.

Niixed
05-23-2016, 10:22 AM
I believe housing should have benefits. Idc what they are, but they should be something decent and valuable. The suggestions I made were just suggestions. Some of the suggestions other players made were great.

Sure, I'll probably have a house but I'm totally uninterested in investing much of anything in a housing vanity system. This is a fantasy MMO where our characters make progress. I'd rather see something come of this system after the novelty of vanity wears off.

However, I strongly agree that guilds need some TLC. They are the backbone of the AL social network and could do a better job at enhancing player experience. In short, guilds need more benefits and more functionality.

Niixed
05-23-2016, 10:30 AM
Message box for offline players might be a good idea since it might (marginally) improve the social aspect of the game. But if I want to complete my elite achievements I'll do it outside the house and want it to have absolutely nothing to do with what I do on maps. Because then people with the wherewithal to furnish their house to the max but not necessarily keen on spending time on runs can have unfair advantage over those might run their fingers to the bones for APs and such and still find it hard to compete with plat buyers.

That list of questions was just to demonstrate that players are going to be looking for a reason to buy housing other than 'it looks nice.' The essential question most players will be asking is "How will buying a house help me play the game?"

Tatman
05-23-2016, 10:50 AM
STS will have wasted a lot of development resources.
Correct. They should have done the guild hall improvements, that we have been asking for for years. Officer room, recruiter room, pvp practice room and so on and so forth. Add the dancing and whatever for party purposes, add some minor but cool benefits like some of the ones suggested here, and it would be great.

Rome
05-23-2016, 11:36 AM
looks like allot of fun :)
can't wait hehe

-ambo

Zaizor
05-23-2016, 11:51 AM

Furniture and decor will drop from mobs and bosses? I can't wait to see Antee drop "Folding chair of might" or loot "Worn Card Table of Vigor" during some dungeon runs! LOL!

I like the "Sims" aspect added to the game though, adds a new fun way to feel more like you're part of the world of Arlor.

Energizeric
05-24-2016, 12:05 AM

It would be really cool if all of your character's non-tradable banners were automatically displayed on the back wall. You shouldn't have to manually hang them. They should stay in your inventory, but just be pictured on the back wall. That way it will eliminate all the extra clutter, and only the event and leaderboard banners will appear, which will basically show off each player's accomplishments.

As for vanities/armors, I think that would be a bit much.

Elleabridges
05-24-2016, 06:06 AM
I am sure this is exciting to players who are "SIM" fans however this is a guild driven game....I'm surprised so much work into this feature yet all guild halls got was a ship that looks exactly like dragons jewel....not as much effort as one would expect. We have been begging for a LONG time for guild hall enhancements..this is a perfect time to implement them.

Meexii
05-24-2016, 06:30 AM
cool thing! sounds fun!! but will everyone have this room? or will it be able to buy from store for platinum?..or on another way? if yes how much platinum will it cost??

Justg
05-24-2016, 08:11 AM
We have been begging for a LONG time for guild hall enhancements..this is a perfect time to implement them.

We wanted to implement a personal customizable space first. Some of these enhancements could certainly work their way into guildhalls in the future.

cool thing! sounds fun!! but will everyone have this room? or will it be able to buy from store for platinum?..or on another way? if yes how much platinum will it cost??

There will be a starter house available for gold. We'll put up more pricing info with the upcoming Housing Guide.

Nickleo
05-24-2016, 08:14 AM
Wow nice.Now we can dedicate our whole life in game.No need to sleep ,eat and drink in real life!! <_<

tokko
05-24-2016, 08:55 AM
Love AL ... but with the new system my guild ta migrating to another game, mi ah feel obliged to go along, sad about it!

leoakre
05-24-2016, 12:18 PM

I'm having freaky flashbacks to 'The Matrix' !! If we do get houses, can mine come with a Keanu Reeves manservant?

Yummy!!!

(Welcome to the house of Msleo...Keanu will take your coat, fix you a drink and rub your tired feet xD)

leoakre
05-24-2016, 12:21 PM
We wanted to implement a personal customizable space first. Some of these enhancements could certainly work their way into guildhalls in the future.

There will be a starter house available for gold. We'll put up more pricing info with the upcoming Housing Guide.

Guild Hall Lodge/Hotel?

Ravager
05-24-2016, 12:22 PM
I'm having freaky flashbacks to 'The Matrix' !! If we do get houses, can mine come with a Keanu Reeves manservant?

Yummy!!!

(Welcome to the house of Msleo...Keanu will take your coat, fix you a drink and rub your tired feet xD)

That wouldn't be hard to make. He would stand there like a lost NPC, like every other movie he makes.

leoakre
05-24-2016, 12:27 PM
That list of questions was just to demonstrate that players are going to be looking for a reason to buy housing other than 'it looks nice.' The essential question most players will be asking is "How will buying a house help me play the game?"

Obviously, these will be just symbols of status...nothing more! Gear, skills, pets and jewels help us better our game! What's next? A barn with stables and a feeding trough?

P.s. Less lag helps too xD

leoakre
05-24-2016, 12:30 PM
That wouldn't be hard to make. He would stand there like a lost NPC, like every other movie he makes.

Wahaha!! I never watched him for his acting :)

Mewtuh
05-24-2016, 01:52 PM
I could not agree more! This is simply a NEED the houses must fulfill! I will make my house a museum hihi
I love this idea^^

Gesendet von meinem Becher mit Schnur

Mewtuh
05-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Sleeping suggestions

Luck o' the morning: 0.5% luck boost per hour of "sleep" to a maximum of 5% luck for 30 minutes upon next login
Healthy Habit: 2 health/mana potions per hour of sleep to a maximum of 20 awarded upon next login
You Have That Certain Glow... : Upon waking up characters receive a random aura effect for 60 minutes
Reading Ritual: Receive 3 story tokens upon waking (because your character read a book before turning out the lights)

Eating Suggestions

Satisfying Meal: Maximum 3 meals per day. Each grants a random 5% mini-elixir that lasts for 15 min. Elixirs can be stat, armor, xp, dmage, speed
Someone call AFLEA (Arlorian Food Likability Enforcement Agency): Occasionally you find something in your food that shouldn't be there, a chipped dragkin tooth, a tarnished hauntlet coin, a soiled crate key, etc.

Housing Suggestions

Home is where the FX are: Obtaining a particular item could grant a particle effect whichever vanity the character is wearing.
Party Favors: Hosts of a "party" can purchase a package (gold or plat) that grants players some kind of benefit.

I like those ideas!

Gesendet von meinem Becher mit Schnur

Allows.
05-24-2016, 02:01 PM
Tbh i find this housing system pretty unnecessary.
I mean sure it's different and blahblah, but do we really need it?
This is Arcane Legends, not Sims.
I would prefer if you guys fix bugs which are in the game since 2013/14 rather than implementing useless stuff.
I click on the "Arcane Legends" button on my iPad to play a MMORPG, not a Sims-like-whatever-game.
You surely did put alot of effort into this system, but i would rather fix bugs/lags and balance the game as much as possible. Please implement Rpg-type things, not unnecessary things like this.

This is just my opinion so please don't hate me, thanks! :)

Justg
05-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Tbh i find this housing system pretty unnecessary.
I mean sure it's different and blahblah, but do we really need it?
This is Arcane Legends, not Sims.
I would prefer if you guys fix bugs which are in the game since 2013/14 rather than implementing useless stuff.
I click on the "Arcane Legends" button on my iPad to play a MMORPG, not a Sims-like-whatever-game.
You surely did put alot of effort into this system, but i would rather fix bugs/lags and balance the game as much as possible. Please implement Rpg-type things, not unnecessary things like this.

This is just my opinion so please don't hate me, thanks! :)

Housing is an RPG thing. R = "Role" and P = "Playing". Housing has been an integral part of MMOs since they began, we're finally adding this system to the game but it has been a long time coming. We've been working on PvP balance, and think PvE is fairly well in hand too. What bugs are you talking about? We've been working our way through Zeus' List (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?304878-Complete-List-of-Current-Bugs!), are the ones you are referring to there?

Stefandeaconu
05-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Nice ideea with own house :) but i have another idee which can come with those houses. U can add a research room (or a lab room) i which we can research permanent features in a tree system some things for our characters. For example:
1. we can research for better pots and make them to add more than 20% health and mana
2. We can research in pets food and mave a hich quality food which will feed a pet fore more than 15 min
There are many ideeas which can be implemented once with a research room ( we ll can drop recipes for lab from bosses idk this ideea can be easy evolved )
Thank you for reading this @justg

Justg
05-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Nice ideea with own house :) but i have another idee which can come with those houses. U can add a research room (or a lab room) i which we can research in a tree system some things for our characters. For example: 1 we can research for better pots and make them to add more than 20% health and mana
2. We can research in pets food and mave a hich quality food which will feed a pet fore more than 15 min
There are many ideeas which can be implemented once with a research room ( we ll can drop recipes for lab from bosses idk this ideea can be easy evolved )

Very cool ideas, we have seen some other interesting ideas in this thread too. The challenge here is that any game-influencing things that we do with housing make it perceived as a necessary aspect of playing. Housing is supposed to be fun, to increase immersion and engagement. It is supposed to be a place where people can retreat to still be in the game, but have some space to make their own. We'll release this first iteration, then gather feedback on it and continue to tweak as it matures.

leoakre
05-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Nice ideea with own house :) but i have another idee which can come with those houses. U can add a research room (or a lab room) i which we can research permanent features in a tree system some things for our characters. For example:
1. we can research for better pots and make them to add more than 20% health and mana

Say whaaaaaaa?! Who is gonna pay me to do what sts is already doing?

Ydqm
05-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Very cool ideas, we have seen some other interesting ideas in this thread too. The challenge here is that any game-influencing things that we do with housing make it perceived as a necessary aspect of playing. Housing is supposed to be fun, to increase immersion and engagement. It is supposed to be a place where people can retreat to still be in the game, but have some space to make their own. We'll release this first iteration, then gather feedback on it and continue to tweak as it matures.

This question might have been answered but can anybody join into your house or do they have to be invited into the house?

cotard
05-24-2016, 02:34 PM
I think of the warrior, hahahaha certainly very strange

leoakre
05-24-2016, 02:35 PM
:suspicion:

I'm thinking there just might be some 'engagement' going on in these houses alright!!

Justg
05-24-2016, 02:37 PM
This question might have been answered but can anybody join into your house or do they have to be invited into the house?

Your friends can visit your house, but can't interact with anything unless you are there. You can also set your house as private.

:suspicion:

I'm thinking there just might be some 'engagement' going on in these houses alright!!

No idea what you are referring to.

leoakre
05-24-2016, 02:40 PM
Your friends can visit your house, but can't interact with anything unless you are there. You can also set your house as private.

Wahaha! Mhm, right xD

resurrected
05-24-2016, 02:42 PM
I'm too young to be on this forums @_@
Same O.O how to delete account

Downhillfastt
05-24-2016, 02:42 PM
Housing is coming and we just had to show you some of the things we're cooking up. These are some of the things you'll be able to do, by yourself and with others, in your house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCu6qY94bYY&feature=youtu.be

Have a great weekend!

- g

Cool thanks for the update!

TheJuz
05-24-2016, 02:46 PM
I love this idea sts. Even though some players dont see the point of it is because they really dont know what rpg mmo games are. Alot of players stay afk in outpost and also in gh which can be anoyng when u have tons of random players messages asking for gold ect.
I wod really advice to put in some beneficial perks for sleeping,reading, exercising, such as granting elixirs, gold, tokens or anything for doing those things.like how one of the earlier post mentioned on here. That way players wont be saying that they do not see the point of housing.

P.S. housing will be very useful for master n officer meetings :v

Happykitty
05-24-2016, 02:47 PM
How about couples? Can they have same house or are they gonna be everyones own house? (:

Anehazaz
05-24-2016, 02:49 PM
I like this idea....seems a shame that most of our vanities are hidden!

Justg
05-24-2016, 02:57 PM
How about couples? Can they have same house or are they gonna be everyones own house? (:

Everyone has their own house, there is no "common law" in Arlor :)

I like this idea....seems a shame that most of our vanities are hidden!

Love this idea too. Housing 1.0 won't ship with it but we'll definitely consider for the next iteration!

Sliceshee
05-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Will it be able to add other people/person as owner of the house?
Like if you make the house private, the person or people wont spawn away etc. Or will they at all?

Happykitty
05-24-2016, 03:04 PM
So theres no possibility that couples could have same house?

TheJuz
05-24-2016, 03:06 PM

Love this idea too. Housing 1.0 won't ship with it but we'll definitely consider for the next iteration!
It would be cool if we can display our old mythic armor since its useless on our lvl 56 charachters x.x

resurrected
05-24-2016, 03:06 PM

Can we add somebody as owner of house ? He can enter it and just do these things that we can do in our houses @.@

Dex Scene
05-24-2016, 03:10 PM
omg awesome. Btw the video is dppe and the music is funny af. The dance was super cool. Can't wait

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Niixed
05-24-2016, 03:21 PM
Will anyone on your friends list be able to enter your home at any time? Just curious how we manage who can come in and what they can do. I don't want freeloaders raiding my fridge!

Justg
05-24-2016, 03:22 PM
Will anyone on your friends list be able to enter your home at any time? Just curious how we manage who can come in and what they can do. I don't want freeloaders raiding my fridge!

Yes, they can visit any time, but they can't use the furniture, turn on the fireplace, dance, exercise, play darts, etc. unless you are home.

leoakre
05-24-2016, 03:23 PM

Just wanna LOL at all the men running around as girly looking rogues and all the female warriors strutting their macho stuff checking into rooms for a lil 'engaging' :)

Don't have to worry about the Smurfs cuz they are all just cute lil freaks anyway xD

resurrected
05-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Yes, they can visit any time, but they can't use the furniture, turn on the fireplace, dance, exercise, play darts, etc. unless you are home.
How will work sleeping , eating , reading book etc... We will getting some reward doing it ? Maybe free pet food? Story tokens?

Justg
05-24-2016, 03:29 PM
How will work sleeping , eating , reading book etc... We will getting some reward doing it ? Maybe free pet food? Story tokens?

It is a delicate balance to add game-influencing things to the housing system. Too much, and people will cry foul because we'll be "forcing" them to participate. The first iteration will not have any tangible in-game aspects, We'll evaluate for the next iteration.

resurrected
05-24-2016, 03:30 PM
It is a delicate balance to add game-influencing things to the housing system. Too much, and people will cry foul because we'll be "forcing" them to participate. The first iteration will not have any tangible in-game aspects, We'll evaluate for the next iteration.
Got it ! Thanks

Schnitzel
05-25-2016, 12:04 AM
So since we are on the topic of houses, will characters live in "town houses"?
And for smurfs, will we be able to live in mushroom houses?
Like these:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fantendo/images/1/17/Smurf-village.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130225225914

Nepos
05-25-2016, 02:24 AM
Please add a briefcase/message box to the house! So if i want to message someone but hes not online he can read the message in his briefcase!

Evangelioni
05-25-2016, 04:13 AM
i would prefer to decor our guildhall than a house Because Arcane Legends isnt SIM game..hmmm but still good work sts to encourage the economy of game with those new decoration items..

leoakre
05-25-2016, 06:52 AM
i would prefer to decor our guildhall than a house Because Arcane Legends isnt SIM game..hmmm but still good work sts to encourage the economy of game with those new decoration items..

You decorate the Gold Mine plenty, Evan xD

Sasamon
05-25-2016, 06:55 AM
She dance better than me omg hahahahahaha

Raleighzsz
05-25-2016, 06:59 AM
The future of MMORPG has born here.

Dex Scene
05-25-2016, 09:32 AM
Hey Gary! When will it come? :) Can't wait.
Cheers for coming up with this awesome idea :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Serancha
05-25-2016, 11:15 AM
the roleplayers are coming

Run for your lives! Gak.

Wahaha!! I never watched him for his acting :)

Bwahahaa. I didn't think anyone did!

Love the dancing rogue, btw. I think Leo will look cute doing that.

Stefandeaconu
05-25-2016, 12:45 PM

I evolved this ideea http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?327396-Arlor-Researcher-s-Lab&highlight=research

Reniennn
05-25-2016, 01:05 PM
Can we also go to other people's houses?

Stefandeaconu
05-25-2016, 01:33 PM
Can we also go to other people's houses?

I think justg is sick and tired to answer at this question. Yes u can visit others houses. Please read at least one page in thread before asking smth. Btw the answer at ur question is exactely first on top of this page lol

Meexii
05-25-2016, 01:57 PM
okay thanks alot :)

AngryLucas
05-25-2016, 02:27 PM
We've been working on PvP balance, and think PvE is fairly well in hand too.

I want to take this oportunity to say that I feel that the agro on wars (PvE) is too high, too much. Since the tests you were making before Blood Beach. Elite Underhul is a pain. I think it would be more funny for wars and all the party if the agro returned to the previous stat. Thanks.

AngryLucas
05-25-2016, 02:34 PM

IMO any kind of buff which comes from being inactive would be unfavorable for active players.

resurrected
05-25-2016, 02:46 PM
I want to take this oportunity to say that I feel that the agro on wars (PvE) is too high, too much. Since the tests you were making before Blood Beach. Elite Underhul is a pain. I think it would be more funny for wars and all the party if the agro returned to the previous stat. Thanks.
Tank is for taking aggro... Before it was hard to 'tank' , if we even can call it taking with this 'aggro holding' skills. Now for be a good tank you need know what are you doing such like pulls , timing of skills and what gear to use. Don't overload yourself. If you cant aggro much just say it to your party for make a smaller pulls and i think they'll understanding

Sandeeep
05-25-2016, 03:37 PM
how long will it take for this to come out?
next week?
next month?
after next event?
after a few events?
after 6months?
next year?

when when when???
not in like exactly but in approximation time all we eagar arlorians must wait

AngryLucas
05-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Tank is for taking aggro... Before it was hard to 'tank' , if we even can call it taking with this 'aggro holding' skills. Now for be a good tank you need know what are you doing such like pulls , timing of skills and what gear to use. Don't overload yourself. If you cant aggro much just say it to your party for make a smaller pulls and i think they'll understanding

One thing is to know how to tank or not and another thing is that STS increased the agro, only for wars, too much (IMO). I am saying this because STS asked how wars felt about these changes.

leoakre
05-25-2016, 05:10 PM
Run for your lives! Gak.

Bwahahaa. I didn't think anyone did!

Love the dancing rogue, btw. I think Leo will look cute doing that.

I'm gonna belly dance xD

Ardbeg
05-25-2016, 05:21 PM

Shush! There is no such thing as too much aggro for tanks. Should the squishies take the aggro? Now that pve imho finally promotes a full class party again?

AngryLucas
05-25-2016, 05:43 PM
Shush! There is no such thing as too much aggro for tanks. Should the squishies take the aggro? Now that pve imho finally promotes a full class party again?
Try to farm Forgotten Citadel Elite once and again

IGN AngryLucas GUILD Spanish Party

Ardbeg
05-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Try to farm Forgotten Citadel Elite once and again

IGN AngryLucas GUILD Spanish Party

Most of the Time i hunt Antignome Helm and Belt now, but i have my share of Elite runs and while i agree that the gear is not yet here to run it properly, i enjoy the necessary party mechanics to succeed.

xutreuqux
05-26-2016, 02:45 AM
Popular online games like pixel gun 3d also have a feature like house (sandbox maps) but that is necessary because there is nowhere else to socialize, as rooms are there just for pvp. While in AL u can socialize everywhere. No need for this

ekalh
05-26-2016, 04:40 AM
woohoooo i want my houseeeee!!!!!!

leoakre
05-26-2016, 08:41 AM

No Ard!! Just No; the Squishies definitely should not take the aggro :) Be the meat shield! We support you :)

leoakre
05-26-2016, 08:43 AM
woohoooo i want my houseeeee!!!!!!

Gali will buy you a mansion xD

Prettylicious
05-26-2016, 05:45 PM
cant wait to have my own house in al.

Yes
05-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Cant wait to bring back Paris Hilton to my house.. Hurm..

#thisismyhouse
#whocare

binatoooog
05-26-2016, 10:42 PM
Exciting ;)

Vixenne
05-27-2016, 01:52 AM
Cant wait to bring back Paris Hilton to my house.. Hurm..

#thisismyhouse
#whocare

DJ Paris Hilton in the house 8D I'm bringing booze.

Elonheart
05-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Nice g :) dancing yeah

Mr. Srovy
05-27-2016, 04:58 PM
Cool maybe I could have a tea party!

SretenWarrior
05-29-2016, 02:04 PM
Omg I Can't Wait :love-struck:

iwinspeed
05-29-2016, 06:20 PM
This will be cool if items can be stashed at this house for other roommate to use.