PDA

View Full Version : Censored guild chat...really?

Flowman
08-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I havent signed on in like a week because I was getting bored, but I figured I'd check out the new vanity stuff. Within 5 minutes I'm muted in my guild chat for talking how I normally talk. What is this about? One of the biggest positives I saw about the guild system was that I was able to talk normally and not have to talk around a filter meant for children. If people dont want to deal with adult language in a guild...join a guild who has rules against such things, but don't penalize those of us who aren't offended by a little mature language.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Agree

Zbooo
08-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Dude I was so upset! You can't mute the ZMAN! Cmon!

Ebalere
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Havent noticed.. but i liked that too.

Acyer
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Agree.

Quientar
08-02-2011, 09:25 PM
guild chat should be without restrictions, just moderated by the guild internally if they are worried about it.

Snippet
08-02-2011, 09:39 PM
I have to agree here as well. uncensor it and let it be guilds choice.

Lesrider
08-02-2011, 09:59 PM
When I heard everyone talking about guilds having no censor, I was surprised. I assumed it was a mistake, unless STS wanted SL to be a more adult game with fewer language restrictions (like they've spoken of in the past). Guess it was a bug/mistake after all.

Kossi
08-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Yes, let us curse without fear
Im serious.

kallima
08-02-2011, 11:23 PM
We live in too litigious a society for STS to just give guildmasters free reign on enforcing language that is otherwise bannable in public chat. Since there is no way guildmasters can determine the actual age of all its members, they must factor for all demographics and prevent silly lawsuits. The only way i see uncensored anything in Star/Pocket Legends is by slapping an ESRB label on it which would protect STS against most frivolous lawsuits concerning content, thereby narrowing its audience and limiting profit margins.

Would i love it? Absolutely. Would I prefer STS stay in business and dedicate their existing revenue to developing additional games as well as improving existing ones? YES, I care more about playing the game than what I say in game. Do we really want to divert funds better used elsewhere, to a team of corporate lawyers? I would hope not.

My 2 cents.

Lowlyspy
08-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Im gonna have to agree with everybody else, the whole point to guild chat is for the guild to be able to say things they dont want the public to hear. Yes some of the things people say in guild chat arent exactly PG but thats why its hidden from the rest of the community. STS, i beseech you, let us speak freely (in guild chat).

Quientar
08-02-2011, 11:46 PM
if sts wants to cover all the bases for age ratings, then charge plat to have an uncensored guild chat and put a qualifier in that guild chat is censored, but the guild masters have the option of using platinum to remove the censor and sts is not held liable for what is said if that happens..

Banned
08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Are the devs aware that they've created a video game that revolves around living things killing other living things with guns?

Lesrider
08-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Are the devs aware that they've created a video game that revolves around living things killing other living things with guns?

WB, Banned! This place was boring without you :p

Banned
08-03-2011, 12:10 AM
WB, Banned! This place was boring without you :p

Thanks :D But I'm sure you managed to things interesting in my absence. :cool:

kallima
08-03-2011, 12:15 AM
@ Quientar - I'm not an attorney, but I don't think it's that easy, if so I think the developers would have already implemented something like that. They've stated in chat that the auto censor is a bit harsh in what it chooses to filter, and even if they were not in complete accord with our opinions, I still think they would work a compromise to the one you suggested, as they have proven time and time again that they LISTEN to us. I'm just trying to provide a business perspective and show that it may not be STS that is behind the guild filter. I mean it's almost unheard of these days for anyone with any assets or liquidity to get something as simple as a divorce without some type of legal maneuvering and a whole slew of lawyers, when corporations and regulatory agencies get involved, just imagine the bureaucracy and politics (I know, not the best analogy or example but I'm going on 3 hours of sleep).

If anything, blame society that something as simple as a video game, song lyrics, movies etc even require a ratings system.

@ Banned - stop being facetious, though your comment was indeed humorous! :p

Emannyv93
08-03-2011, 12:25 AM
I agree, also i wish they would uncensor " Damn " -_- i get muted all the time for that lmfao. >.< !

DefynGravity
08-03-2011, 12:56 AM
I agree

Cahaun
08-03-2011, 01:33 AM
I tried saying glasses and it blocked part of it. Its that I dont like.

Flowman
08-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Just do what other games do...put an option to turn off the filter. The default setting will of course be turned on, so the usual words are blocked and such. Turn it off, and boom, language is all allowed. That way those who want to play without a filter can, and those who want bad words blocked can block them. Make it very noticeable and clear that turning this filter off will allow all words to pass.

This should take the place of auto mutes. As we have absolutely no way to communicate now with mutes (Used to be able to still talk in guild chat), we're completely cut off for 5 minutes, sometimes even from accidental spelling errors. I mean for God's sake, I'm typing on a phone, I spell/use about 50% of my words wrong from missclicks and auto correct, auto mutes are just getting ridiculous.

Lesrider
08-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Flowman, that's how it used to be before the auto-mute system. I doubt they'll go backwards.

Flowman
08-03-2011, 09:19 AM
ah I stopped playing PL for a few months, don't remember the old chat system.
Auto muting in general is just too much in my opinion. You can get around the censor so easily by just leaving out 1 letter anyways. I dont even care if normal chat is censored to the point where I can't say anything other than my name, just give me back my guild chat. There is now no way to differentiate between guild personalities. .

apoceq
08-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Muting in guildchat just absolutley doesnt make any sense to me. I got muted the first line I wrote after logging in yesterday when beta extension hit...I got so mad I logged. Burns me up..

Flowman
08-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I don't think our guild can function with a censored guild chat...we'll all be constantly muted. We'll have to learn sign language.

Shoot 3 times then spin clockwise for big bug blast runs
Shoot twice, dance, and shoot again for shut up zbooo

Thade
08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
This is intended

Profanity and bigotry have no place in Spacetime Studios products. We have a large number of younger players and intend to provide them with as clean and safe of an environment as possible.

If we release a more adult title in the future, we will evaluate our profanity rules for that title.

apoceq
08-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Lol. Wow thats going to take some getting used to..I miss the Everquest days when there werent any rules....man oh man how times have changed.

Flowman
08-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Might as well merge all guilds together now then, because they're all identical personality wise without the ability to use the only means of communication we have to the fullest ability :\ At least put asterisks in place of words in the guild chat...getting muted for 5 minutes and having absolutely no way of telling anyone you're muted is very counter productive. Every game has young players, it's inevitable. As Banned already stated, this game is based off of shooting other humans with guns, and by killing things you occasionally gain a reward. So by that model, killing things is profitable. This was obviously meant to be funny but is actually very true. I think killing things with weapons has a stronger message than someone using language that I'm sure the vast majority of these little kids parents use at home, or even use themselves. Again, censor public chat and private messages all you want. I agree those should be filtered. But if you join a guild, you should know what you're getting in to. If you don't like the language used, leave and join one with different language rules. I've played games with chat filters, and I've played games where moderators can mute you in game permanently for typing around these filters. But I've never, ever, played a game that has auto muting combined with no way to remove the filter.

But I'll have to respect your decision; your game, your rules.

Redbridge
08-03-2011, 10:29 AM
I find it strange that people even think bad language is ok....

I'm no saint in RL but I think auto mute/ban is one of the best features of PL and SL and is a major contributing factor to the high standards. check out virtually all the other MMO environments and the language and offensive behaviour you have to endure.

STS gets my vote on this, sorry folks for disagreeing with many of you....

Flowman
08-03-2011, 10:34 AM
I find it strange that people even think bad language is ok....

I'm no saint in RL but I think auto mute/ban is one of the best features of PL and SL and is a major contributing factor to the high standards. check out virtually all the other MMO environments and the language and offensive behaviour you have to endure.

STS gets my vote on this, sorry folks for disagreeing with many of you....

How can you think auto mute is beneficial? My phone saves words I use that aren't in the dictionary. I'm 22 years old and I'm not a stay-at-home nerd...my texts are what you'd expect from a 22 year old male. This means my saved words are as well. Lag + tricky touch screen buttons that don't always respond to the speed I type lead to spelling errors, forgotten letters, and auto corrects. How can you say that auto muting someone for a spelling error or the fact that 2 words used in unison combine to form a blocked word. It's not a computer keyboard where whatever we press happens. It's a cell phone for the majority of us, and these damn smart phones have minds of their own O_O

Redbridge
08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
How can you think auto mute is beneficial? My phone saves words I use that aren't in the dictionary. I'm 22 years old and I'm not a stay-at-home nerd...my texts are what you'd expect from a 22 year old male. This means my saved words are as well. Lag + tricky touch screen buttons that don't always respond to the speed I type lead to spelling errors, forgotten letters, and auto corrects. How can you say that auto muting someone for a spelling error or the fact that 2 words used in unison combine to form a blocked word. It's not a computer keyboard where whatever we press happens. It's a cell phone for the majority of us, and these damn smart phones have minds of their own O_O

Before we embark on what might end in a flaming war.... I'm entitled to my opinion.... but it's just my opinion and unless someone give me some great other opinions or evidence that changes my mine, it's probably gonna stay the same.

We are allowed to disagree. So there no need to argue about each others opinions.

I'm almost twice your age so my approach to this issue is always gonna be more conservative, but as I've said plenty of times before, my 14 your old daughter plays this game and quite simply I don't want her exposed to the kind of rudeness, bigotry, etc that often occurs (and still does to a small extent).

If people can't communicate without someone else with being rude then that's not my problem, and it shouldn't be.

If your saying you should have the right to say what you want to your friends, then suggest a fool proof way of implementing that so the small minority of idiots can't abuse it. I can't think of one...

If your saying the only errors are accidental then that is a combined problem with understanding your phones autocorrect and STS improving the filter. They have always said that they will look into accidental mutes/bans as they have full access to all chat logs and can clearly see what is accidental and what isn't.... Why not contact them directly and help them improve the system, they'd appreciate it...

My wife can testify to my fowl mouth so I'm not anti swearing.... But we are often playing this game with new ppl who might be someone's son, daughter, mum, dad, etc....

I think I understand you want to be able to use your normal everyday language to play a game in your own free time and feel you shouldn't be censored but I just disagree.... It not a problem that we disagree, I just wouldn't have gotten into PL if there was lots of profanity, sexism, racism and homophobia...

We probably disagree with favourite sports teams, celebraties, hobbies, etc. It's honestly no great shakes...

Sorry if you can't see my point of view, but I definitely respect your opinion, I just don't agree that's all.

EDIT: lots of spelling mistakes..

Flowman
08-03-2011, 11:44 AM
I wasn't flaming you, that's just how I type. Like I keep saying, I don't care if normal public chat is filtered. There's no need to run around using offensive language in public, such things are meant for private conversation. However, if a group of people who are chatting in private choose to have a conversation about a topic of interest, I don't think they should be penalized and muted for having a conversation. Pretty sure the word penalized gets you muted as well, so just more fuel for the fire right there haha. There is a foolproof way to allow people to remove the filter and.not abuse it. Keep the filter on, and its the way it is now. Keep a filter in place, but instead of muting, just remove the entire phrase and dot let it be said period. Muting just makes people angry and that's when people abuse the filter. You can say a lot of banned words by simply removing a letter, and you see this a lot when someone is returning from a 5 minute mute. Using asterisks instead of muting can be used. Even have a filter and make the unfiltered version have asterisks instead. Still no bad words being used, but no stupid mutes. Nothing ruins the flow of conversation more than being muted. Mute me in public chat all you want, but keep the mutes out of guild chat. censor guild chat if you really...really have to...but keep mutes out of guild chat. Its easy to avoid seeing offensive language in a game...you're forgetting that real life is far, far worse. Your daughter probably hears things that would get me banned here in real.life from friends and other people...its going to happen. Keep the filter on for her and shell atleast be unexposed in the game...but don't mute the rest of us who don't mind it.

skavenger216
08-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm really considering starting a ventrilo server for my guild. Like Flow, I 100% agree with filtering and muting public chat, but filtering and muting guild chat is a bit extreme. It's like if you were kicked out of a restaurant for talking profanely with your friends, going to you car to finish the conversation, and still having the manager come tapping on your window telling you to zip it. You had every right to control my language in your restaurant, but what is said in my own car is my business, no one else's. Bad metaphor, forgive me, but my point still stands. STS should do everything they can to control language in public chat, but honestly, guild chat should be policed by the leaders of said guild, and no one else. This is just my opinion, and STS has the right to do anything they want with their games, but I strongly ask them to please reconsider this decision.

Redbridge
08-03-2011, 12:19 PM
No problem... its difficult to tell in typed conversations whether its gonna get heated or not..LOL

I do understand some of the points you raise and agree that some stuff doesn't make sense like allowing swearing via one letter missing words but yet muting stuff like 'boobs' (unsure if this is one or not)

can we agree to disagree....LOL

I like the system as it is and you clearly think it could do with a few alterations. We're actually not miles apart... I like the asterisks ideas for minor stuff. i think it used to be like that but unsure why it wasn't incorporated into the current system. I'm sure they said somewhere. It would prevent the muting frustration that occurs for minor stuff. I can also see for the section of younger adults that the everyday language they use isn't permitted. It probably frustrating too.

Its actually an interesting subject and I'm not sure there is a right or wrong... It's probably a difficult one for STS to try to find a balance... It would be great if someone from STS could write an article highlighting the issues they have encountered whilst on the journey to implement this kind of system and what sort of things they have had to consider and how they came to their conclusions. I think much of it has to do with needing to automate the issue to reduce the amount of emails/reports which were being handled everyday.

Apols for any drama from my side...

PS - There is every possibility I could be wrong... It does happen but don't tell anyone...LOL

Diodge
08-03-2011, 12:45 PM
I love this filter. They make around a extra 100.00 - 150.00 a month because of it from me. My kids and there buddies play this game.
((pree))I would like to say about real life and what kids hear. They probably do hear some wild stuff. It doesnt mean im gona put my kids in a GAME where you can run around and swear and sexy talk. It is nice to let the kids play a GAME and I dont have to worry as much about some freak talking weird to my kids. I dont have to worry for the most part about the chat they use or read.

Your sitting here fighting for something that can get you a trip to jail here in the USA. Did you know they can give you tickets in the usa for swearing? If one person tells a cop you said F@$# and it bothers them. The officer can ticket you or even take you in for a night or two.(Disorderly conduct)

(((my opinion)))Keep the filter on every where.

octavos
08-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Being a parent myself, and the age limit to play the game is 14....I agree.:o

There is no reason for vulgar language. Its a game, if you want to talk that way,
then get off the game, and let everyone else have a good time.

skavenger216
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Being a parent also I agree that public chat should be filtered. But if a group of consenting adults start a guild with the intention of it being an adult oriented guild, they should be able to speak freely. I feel wierd cause I'm on both sides of the fence here, lol. :)

Haikus
08-03-2011, 02:31 PM
I understand you mean good by this, and I'm sure it's something we all know, but why give those who don't know, a way around the filter? (Though, I'm sure, EVERYONE knows.) You can have a good time, without the language.

Instead of stretching out, or dropping letters. Try, alternatives, like "dang", "crap", etc. If you really feel the need to express your thoughts, in that matter.

Just my thoughts.

Conradin
08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Teehee sorry for making your post look silly haikus =)

Flowman
08-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Thank you skav, you're one of the few who actually understand that im talking primarily about GUILD CHAT. Do whatever with public I hardly ever use it unless some kid needs a verbal beatdown by my witty remarks, otherwise all I use is pm or guild chat. If you have a child and you don't want them around swearing, don't let them be in that guild. The restaurant metaphor was actually perfect; exactly the point um trying to make. I don't know what Podunk farmer towns you guys live in, but around here 14 year olds are sleeping with eachother and drinking alcohol.

To the remark about getting arrested...im sorry but that's just stupid. You can get arrested for just about anything. Using that as an argument is pointless. I got arrested at a concert in new hampshire for transporting alcohol as a minor when I was 20. Apparently in the fine state if new hampshire you're not allowed to have alcohol in your car if you're not 21 regardless if anyone in your car is 21 or older, with the exception of a parent. My two 21 year old friends got arrested as well for allowing me to transport alcohol. We were released an hour later on $40 bail with nothing our on records. Apparently this "LAW" is only enforced in that one town in the entire state. Point is, you can be arrested for anyything, and that argument is weak.

What I don't get is, why was guild chat not muted for weeks? The entire actual beta period we had unfiltered guild chats, and I can't think iof one person who complained in my guild about the language, or anyone at all really. It was actually a lot of peoples favorite thing about guilds. Now all of a sudden its not allowed?

Physiologic
08-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Why is there such a need to curse privately?

Redbridge
08-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't know what Podunk farmer towns you guys live in, but around here 14 year olds are sleeping with eachother and drinking alcohol.

That makes it ok then, right?

What I don't get is, why was guild chat not muted for weeks? The entire actual beta period we had injured guild chats, and I can't think iof one person who complained in my guild about the language, or anyone at all really. It was actually a lot of peoples favorite thing about guilds. Now all of a sudden its not allowed?

It was a loophole that is now closed. That's why its a beta phase.

I'm not going to comment any more on this thread as it only going in one direction now.....

IBTL

Flowman
08-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Why is there such a need to curse privately?
because typing like a preteen boy is unnatural and takes longer. It's more of a need to not get muted. Star out my words...don't let me post it, but stop freaking muting me and giving me absolutely no way of letting anyone know.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Who cares if there exposed or not it's call real life and grow up you can't shield your kids forever there gonna get exposed to it in the future anyway so we should have the freedom to say what ever we want without getting banned or in our own private guild......

Flowman
08-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Who cares if there exposed or not it's call real life and grow up you can't shield your kids forever there gonna get exposed to it in the future anyway so we should have the freedom to say what ever we want without getting banned or in our own private guild......
just sent that same message in a lot more words in a pm to a seemingly upset Redbridge lol

asommers
08-03-2011, 03:25 PM
It looks as if the Star Legends chat filter data was really out of date compared to Pocket Legends. The next content update should allow you to at least say what you can say in Pocket Legends.

-ALS

skavenger216
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Like I said, I have a kid also, so I'm really on both sides of the fence here. But it is ultimately up to STS what they allow in their games. I don't think its so much a NEED to swear privately, as it is an annoyance in getting muted for words that you never figured would cause a mute.

Example:
I said in a dmc run "brb guys, gotta go snatch some stims from the GH". I'm not gonna point out what word triggered the mute, use your brain, but really?! Absolutely no reason why that should cause a mute.

I never drop f-bombs in videogames, and never use the s-word either ( I prefer to use poo, lol), but getting muted for saying damn is downright annoying. I guess the filter itself isn't my issue, more that I think it should be loosened up a bit.

P.S: I didn't see anything wrong with this post, but if any devs or mods see anything wrong then pm me and ill delete it:)

EDIT: good to know, asommers! That's exactly my big issue, how strict the filter is. You posted that as I was typing this post, lol.

Physiologic
08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I can accurately make the assumption you're around the So-Angry!-I-Have-A-Lot-Of-Angst-So-I-Absolutely-Need-To-Curse age (pubescent teenager to stressed out college student and/or never fully-matured adult male).

:banana:

Anyway, I hope "damn" isn't filtered, that's all I care about.

Cahaun
08-03-2011, 03:33 PM
I only said glasses. Is that a bad word too? Seriously it muted part of it like it was bad.

Haikus
08-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I only said glasses. Is that a bad word too? Seriously it muted part of it like it was bad.

Gl"a**"es? Yeah, that is kind of silly. That, should be removed. It should occur more like PL's. PL had that mute system taken out, because it didn't work so well. Like, if you sad, "Brad's example". It'd be like "Brad'* **ample".

skavenger216
08-03-2011, 03:40 PM
I can accurately make the assumption you're around the So-Angry!-I-Have-A-Lot-Of-Angst-So-I-Absolutely-Need-To-Curse age (pubescent teenager to stressed out college student and/or never fully-matured adult male).

Who was this directed at? If me, then your assumption is wrong. If not me, then my apologies :)

Thade
08-03-2011, 04:28 PM
The chat filter looks for inappropriate words. Glasses has one in it, thus the stars. You can turn this off by disabling the profanity filter. This provides users the maximum amount of protection we can deliver without disabling chat altogether.

Actual cursing such as using the word which was filtered out of glasses results in a mute. If you don't get the hint after multiple mutes you can be automatically suspended for 1 or more days. This is not something you can disable, and again only occurs when you specifically type out a curse word we've forbidden from the game.

Hate speech can result in an instant ban.

Physiologic
08-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Who was this directed at? If me, then your assumption is wrong. If not me, then my apologies :)

To Flowman, actually. I just kid though.

Ebalere
08-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Here's my input. How come i can say ***, and not damn?

zappaxe
08-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Lol, but I agree why do you need to curse?

Flowman
08-03-2011, 04:45 PM

I'm 22. I'm a physically attractive, confident kid. My parents do well for themselves, and I make a fair share of money myself. I have 1 class left in college, hardly anything to stress about. I have a very good major in a well paying field. I'm not angry at all...nothing about that is negative at all., I actually have a fantastic sense of humor and all you weirdos getting all heated makes me laugh. But never fully matured? Why, because I don't talk like I would talk to a child? Uh, I think the least 'matured' people are the grown adults playing a video game on their cell phones for hours on end. And I hate that Skav is getting filtered in with that comment because I like him a lot and he's actually partially in agreement with my points. Just a generalization, not an attack.

Some people use guild chat for other things than talking about the game. Believe it or not, there's more things to talk about than how many hours you played star legends today, how many moniez you got from farming!!11, or how many super purple fairy friends you're gonna capture in World of Warcraft later when you don't sleep at night.

This is getting off topic and stupid. The devs saw this, just lock or erase it. Shame that after a month of figuring out what kind of people you want in your guild and to find people with similar personalities and begin to mold well together, we're now filtered and muted in both game AND guildchat.

Banned
08-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm 22. I'm a physically attractive, confident kid. My parents do well for themselves, and I make a fair share of money myself. I have 1 class left in college, hardly anything to stress about. I have a very good major in a well paying field. I'm not angry at all...nothing about that is negative at all., I actually have a fantastic sense of humor and all you weirdos getting all heated makes me laugh.

Ever consider rib resection surgery? ;)

Register
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
I was gonna throw out my thoughts...not anymore.

Diodge
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
To the remark about getting arrested...im sorry but that's just stupid. You can get arrested for just about anything. Using that as an argument is pointless. I got arrested at a concert in new hampshire for transporting alcohol as a minor when I was 20. Apparently in the fine state if new hampshire you're not allowed to have alcohol in your car if you're not 21 regardless if anyone in your car is 21 or older, with the exception of a parent. My two 21 year old friends got arrested as well for allowing me to transport alcohol. We were released an hour later on $40 bail with nothing our on records. Apparently this "LAW" is only enforced in that one town in the entire state. Point is, you can be arrested for anyything, and that argument is weak.

Im not gona join you on your flame war. This will be my last post here.......
You showing that you broke the law at 20. Then you try to justify it with a 40.00 fine is ok.

Whats your point? If you break a law/rule or whatever IRL. It is fine you get a punishment. BUT In your game play. Where we know the rules. You should be able to do what you want with no problems. Lets think about this one.....
I was pointing out that IRL you can get in trouble for words being said. There is no reason to have to use them in a game.

get over it- You play the game. Your not above anyone. . . . adult

Flowman
08-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Im not gona join you on your flame war. This will be my last post here.......
You showing that you broke the law at 20. Then you try to justify it with a 40.00 fine is ok.

Whats your point? If you break a law/rule or whatever IRL. It is fine you get a punishment. BUT In your game play where we know the rules. You should be able to do what you want with no problems. Lets think about this one.....
I was pointing out that IRL you can get in trouble for words being said. There is no reason to have to use them in a game.

It was a BS law...not even sure if it was real. They couldn't even hold us in prison because they had nothing on us. It's not against the rules where I live in Connecticut, nor is it against the rules in any other town in that crap state, except for apparently Hampton Beach. Didn't even tell us why we were being arrested, which is against the law. They also refused us badge numbers. Also against the law. They impounded my car and wouldn't let me get it out until the next day...with a $300 fine. So we had to get a hotel room...cheapest one just so happened to be $200 more. Little vacation town sucking your money dry and the police are in on it.

Flowman
08-03-2011, 05:17 PM
ever consider rib resection surgery? ;)
yes! :(

skavenger216
08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
To Flowman, actually. I just kid though.

No worries!:) Again, my apologies!

SUPAPRODIGY
08-03-2011, 05:53 PM
What if they implied TeamSpeak on StarLegends that will help so much i use alot specially when i play Dark orbit and or World of warcraft that way we can say everything we need to say and not TYPE IT :)

skavenger216
08-03-2011, 05:59 PM
What if they implied TeamSpeak on StarLegends that will help so much i use alot specially when i play Dark orbit and or World of warcraft that way we can say everything we need to say and not TYPE IT :)

This is exactly why I'm considering making a ventrilo server for my guild. Don't know if there is any ventrilo clients for android/iOS, haven't checked yet. If not it would require people to be near a pc to use it, which is just too much hassle and really not worth it, imo.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-03-2011, 06:06 PM
GSC Is more reliable then ventrilo bit hey who wouldn't want to use teamspeak its so easy to
Use

Flowman
08-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Can someone explain what team speak/ventrilo is?

skavenger216
08-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Can someone explain what team speak/ventrilo is?

Ventrilo is essentially a voice chat client for pc, we used to use it back when I played WoW. I'm hoping there is an android and ios version, still gotta check, lol.

Flowman
08-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Oh so its kinda like xbox live...but not on xbox

Lesrider
08-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Ugh yeah I used skype a few times to play DD since there's no chat. It was cool, but I dropped it quickly bc it was a pain to be near a PC all the time. Ended up just emailing before/between games.
If I wanted to be at my pc, I'd play PC games...

SUPAPRODIGY
08-04-2011, 12:12 AM
You can have wireless headset and sit on your bed and play Pocketlegends and or Starlegends when it comea out on IOS and talk to your friends or your guild it easier saying it then writing it sometimes you dont enought time to write something like when your fighting a boss you can just say it so teamspeak will be a great idea :cool:

Flowman
08-04-2011, 03:57 AM
You can have wireless headset and sit on your bed and play Pocketlegends and or Starlegends when it comea out on IOS and talk to your friends or your guild it easier saying it then writing it sometimes you dont enought time to write something like when your fighting a boss you can just say it so teamspeak will be a great idea :cool:
and the fact that YOU GET MUTED if you're writing it and a key misclicks or you have a touch screen keyboard that lags a bit

Dartagnian
08-05-2011, 03:06 PM
It's easy to be a wise person; just think of something stupid and don't say it.

(just some lighthearted ribbing) :D

Nourish
08-05-2011, 03:11 PM
This doesn't involve SL but I was playing a game of CTF yesterday and it muted for 2 words connecting and it spelled the word "twat" which I NEVER say and it happened with another similar word and it just gets annoying. Not your fault STS but an option to totally turn of language filter would be awesome just so little mistakes don't happen. Abusing the filter might get annoying but it's worth a try :)

Swimmingstar
08-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I think sensor is fine since people shouldn't be swearing in game