PDA

View Full Version : Random freezes and crashes?

KaotiicxDream
08-03-2011, 07:55 AM
I just downloaded the Star Legends Beta today but I got the issue with freezing and crashing all the time :-( It's a really great game but its ruining my game experience that I have to log out and in again everytime the screen freezes (and ping goes crazy)... I've played it like a half hour and I had 8-10 freezes.. As far I know is my connection really strong and I can play PL with no lag/a little lag so I don't know why SL is freezing and crashing :-( I'm playing on a HTC Desire non-rooted .. Anyone else having a similar issue? Would be great if it could get fixed fast ^^

thugimmortal
08-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I get the same but it was put down to lack of ram on my phone but even when the game itself runs smooth then all of a sudden bang freeze drop home. Annoying isn't it lol

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Futumsh
08-03-2011, 08:02 AM
If ping goes crazy, it is a problem with your connection, or network conditions between you and the servers. The existing PL and SL clusters are not being hosted in the same location, so your connection may be fine to one but not the other.

This doesn't at all sound like the same thing you've been reporting thug, unless you described it really really badly before. Kaotiicx doesn't have the app frozen, as the ping is still going up (meaning the app is still running, just messages aren't getting through to/from the servers).

KaotiicxDream
08-04-2011, 04:54 AM
Hmm.. Thx Futumsh :D I tried playing SL again today but the ping still goes crazy at sometimes.. Sometimes it takes longer time before it do that and sometimes it do it very fast.. I'm playing on WiFi, and only me on it (gotta try the WiFi at my dad's place lol)... But are there anything I might be able to do to prevent this issue? Anyone with knowledge about this are very welcome to give me a tip ;-)

WILLIAM cmy
08-04-2011, 06:26 AM
I suffer from the same random freeze and crash issue too...

thugimmortal
08-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Hmm.. Thx Futumsh :D I tried playing SL again today but the ping still goes crazy at sometimes.. Sometimes it takes longer time before it do that and sometimes it do it very fast.. I'm playing on WiFi, and only me on it (gotta try the WiFi at my dad's place lol)... But are there anything I might be able to do to prevent this issue? Anyone with knowledge about this are very welcome to give me a tip ;-)

Have you tried playing on 3g ?

jlohr
08-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I have the same problem with ping time skyrocking and not coming down again. I have only experienced it in the "game" areas. If I stay in "towne" on the Blackstar I get ping times between 200-500 (in PL I usually have below 200 at all times). But when I enter the "game" areas I only get between 2-5 minutes of play before the ping time problem kicks in. Until the problem starts ping time is also between 200-500. When ping rises all enemies and other player characters freezes while my character can move around. The experience is not at all like it was when PL was plagued with ping problems where it would normally resolve itself after a while.
If I try to go back to the Blackstar when having this problem I am stuck at the "Loading" screen. If however I choose to quit and log out, then immediately log back in I can join the same game I left and play for a few minutes until the problem comes back. I have tried playing on several WIFI connections with different ISPs and different bandwiths (10-100MB) and 3g. All of them exhibit this behavior.
While it is valid that I can not compare ping time with PL if it is hosted in a different location that does not explain why I only have this problem in the "game" areas. Please look into this - I have been looking forward to playing Star Legends for so long only to find out it is nearly unplayable.

Trying to play Star Legends on a HTC Desire running Android 2.2.

KaotiicxDream
08-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Have you tried playing on 3g ?

No, since I don't got free 3g I won't play on 3g.. The price is like 2$ for every MB ..

I have the same problem with ping time skyrocking and not coming down again. I have only experienced it in the "game" areas. If I stay in "towne" on the Blackstar I get ping times between 200-500 (in PL I usually have below 200 at all times). But when I enter the "game" areas I only get between 2-5 minutes of play before the ping time problem kicks in. Until the problem starts ping time is also between 200-500. When ping rises all enemies and other player characters freezes while my character can move around. The experience is not at all like it was when PL was plagued with ping problems where it would normally resolve itself after a while.
If I try to go back to the Blackstar when having this problem I am stuck at the "Loading" screen. If however I choose to quit and log out, then immediately log back in I can join the same game I left and play for a few minutes until the problem comes back. I have tried playing on several WIFI connections with different ISPs and different bandwiths (10-100MB) and 3g. All of them exhibit this behavior.
While it is valid that I can not compare ping time with PL if it is hosted in a different location that does not explain why I only have this problem in the "game" areas. Please look into this - I have been looking forward to playing Star Legends for so long only to find out it is nearly unplayable.

Trying to play Star Legends on a HTC Desire running Android 2.2.

I can't say it better than that ;-) Exactly the problem I got and I'm using the exact same device..

So far I've tried: Turning off and on phone, deleted SL twice and reinstalled, turned off my WiFi in around 30 seconds and then back again to fix this.. Nothing helped so far.. I'm not sure about what my next step is to try fix this.. I might try download the .apk (since my version is direct from market) but it won't be any surprise if it won't work..

Elyseon
08-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Be grateful u got to download it... *sigh*

KaotiicxDream
08-05-2011, 01:40 AM
Be grateful u got to download it... *sigh*

lol.. I'm grateful yes but it's annoying that I need to leave the team every minute so I barely get any xp so I lvl very slowly.

Dipo
08-05-2011, 01:48 AM
Maybe its because some of you probably aborted the patching or something

KaotiicxDream
08-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Maybe its because some of you probably aborted the patching or something

Nope, my patches are all complete.. I'm still confused about why it won't work cuz now I've tried to download the .apk too but that don't help either.. Still getting those crazy high pings and everything freezes (except me) .. I don't know if it's the Beta version that is causing those accidents and the full version might remove this..

KaotiicxDream
08-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Bump... Anyone ideas please? Still having troubles .. Having a hard time playing, lvling n farming .....

Swimmingstar
08-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Before my ping kept going up on pl and then i restarted my phone and everything worked fine

animei84
08-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I have also been having this problem.

Just started playing today on my Samsung Galaxy S2. The freezing usually happens in the middle of an instance run and not when I'm in town.
Pretty annoying since I've got to exit out of the game and then re-open it. I've tried playing on both my wifi and 3g connection with both
coming up with pretty much the same issue. Nothing wrong though since I'm playing on decent ping levels.

WILLIAM cmy
08-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Yea... I am using GS2 also... :(

Zaltiar
08-06-2011, 12:53 PM
I made my brother in law start playing pl on his gs2 recently, but he's stopped because of the crashes :(, hopefully gets fixed in an update soon

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Blackerart
08-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Funny enough I get the exact same problem also on stock galaxy S2, when the screen freezes the ping is usually below 500.
Always happens in instances and rarely get to join the same game I left so have to run the instance again from the beginning.
Extremely frustrating.

Ofir Agranat
08-07-2011, 04:04 AM
same here, playing on SGS2.
game seem to crash as well on an instance, ping goes crazy when i use my wifi (12.5 Mb) and when i use my 3g it runs ok (except the crashes)
it also drink my battery like kool aid.. ~2 hours of gameplay drained half of my battery... i think its mainly cuz the game does not support dual core so much.

plz fix before i give up!!

Ofir Agranat
08-07-2011, 06:00 AM
all right after a quick look in PL forum i found a thread like this one.
seems as if the main problem is with samsungs sound driver or something like that, so there is a semi solution:
use a 1.5 lite'ning rom, start the music app, leave it in the background and then play

i have'nt tried it, but a lot did and still no complain
i have a 2.0 litening rom and it crashes, another one tried 5.0 and still it crashes.
so i guess 1.5 is the way to go

WILLIAM cmy
08-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Sigh....so it is a hardware problem of GS2?

SAD!

WILLIAM cmy
08-07-2011, 11:38 PM
I just found that Pocket Legends players using GS2 headset also suffer from similar freeze and crash! See link below:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29007-SGS2-Samsung-Galaxy-S-2-Freeze&highlight=galaxy

Most of them concluded that it is due to the SoundPool issue. A thread on Google has been opened and seems there is a workaround there for Developers:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/a40bf951f420b47e/23325cc6783a13e8?lnk=raot&pli=1

jlohr
08-08-2011, 06:54 PM
If ping goes crazy, it is a problem with your connection, or network conditions between you and the servers. The existing PL and SL clusters are not being hosted in the same location, so your connection may be fine to one but not the other.

This doesn't at all sound like the same thing you've been reporting thug, unless you described it really really badly before. Kaotiicx doesn't have the app frozen, as the ping is still going up (meaning the app is still running, just messages aren't getting through to/from the servers).

Does this answer mean that you wont do anything about the ping problem?

animei84
08-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I just found that Pocket Legends players using GS2 headset also suffer from similar freeze and crash! See link below:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29007-SGS2-Samsung-Galaxy-S-2-Freeze&highlight=galaxy

Most of them concluded that it is due to the SoundPool issue. A thread on Google has been opened and seems there is a workaround there for Developers:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/a40bf951f420b47e/23325cc6783a13e8?lnk=raot&pli=1

Thanks for that. I looked it up as well and sadly I have no idea how to go about with their "fixes".

I'll just hope theres an update soon that fixes it or when the game gets released it won't have any GS2 problems.

Ofir Agranat
08-09-2011, 04:52 AM
i think i might have found a way to play for a bit more then usual
i just used a lot of tips all together
i started the music player (played a song and paused it), started the game, canceled the ingame music.
another tip i got, since it heats up very fast, its good to nodge to the right the battery save option.. it seems to slow down the heat rate

all together used, the game crashed to the main screen after ~2 hours (never did that before, it use to freeze, and after ~5-20 min') and the battery was'nt hot (well it was but not burning hot as usual.. dont have temp' guage)

SGS2, 2.3.4, lite'ning rom 2.0

if anyone try it out, tell me if its working for you too

Halantier
08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Also testing game with SG2 and sad to say but game is unplayable right now. im still getting crashed homescreen every 5 minutes. Also seems that pocket legends is gone after my phonechange. sad panda.

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Also testing game with SG2 and sad to say but game is unplayable right now. im still getting crashed homescreen every 5 minutes. Also seems that pocket legends is gone after my phonechange. sad panda.

Yeah Halantier, the SG2 has a sound issue that causes crashing. Known issue with Android: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=17623

More in the tech thread at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29007-SGS2-Samsung-Galaxy-S-2-Freeze

animei84
08-10-2011, 05:14 AM
all right after a quick look in PL forum i found a thread like this one.
seems as if the main problem is with samsungs sound driver or something like that, so there is a semi solution:
use a 1.5 lite'ning rom, start the music app, leave it in the background and then play

i have'nt tried it, but a lot did and still no complain
i have a 2.0 litening rom and it crashes, another one tried 5.0 and still it crashes.
so i guess 1.5 is the way to go

So I decided to try this out. Had to look up the noob way of doing this on xda forums.
Rooted and have the 1.5 lite'ning rom on my SG2 now and I am happy to report that since the root I haven't had any
more freezing problems. I've played about 6 times and all the times I've quit the game it was because I wanted to stop lol.

I would suggest for other SG2 users to try this as well.

WILLIAM cmy
08-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Yeah Halantier, the SG2 has a sound issue that causes crashing. Known issue with Android: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=17623

More in the tech thread at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29007-SGS2-Samsung-Galaxy-S-2-Freeze

Is the developer(s) of SL working on this issue? Or they just wait and see how Google / Samsung going to deal with this?