PDA

View Full Version : Help, how do i know an equipment's worth?

lesliesoon
08-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi everyone, i am new to this game and i only have one question. How do you tell how much an equipment is worth? i have been googling for quite sometimes but there are only list of equipments, not thier worth. So i figured i could get some help here. Can anyone direct me to a website with equipment's prices there? For now, i have been clicking on auction house buy (a certain equipment's name) and check for thier price. But alot of times, no one is selling that equipment... and is it worth only to sell green and above equipments? Thanks for the help :D

Mennddoza
08-03-2011, 08:59 AM
What items are they? Only this website and other guild made sites list prices.

lesliesoon
08-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh i see so i have to ask someone the worth everytime i get an item? by the way its lvl 19 jewel thief's recon bow

brian_spence_ni
08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Probably best to go to the 'consignment area' in balefort castle. Search for your item under the buy tab and this will give you an idea. Note that this is what people are asking for, not necessarily what people are paying - there seems to me to be a tendency to slightly undercut the lowest prices on offer but this doesn't necessarily mean an item is desirable to buyers.

Fyrce
08-04-2011, 03:54 AM
(1) Most items really are not worth selling. Just liquidate them.

(2) The easiest way to check prices is using the CS. It's instant, but yes, sometimes items are not on it. If you do it over time, eventually you'll see most items go through it. Even in other MMOs, it's difficult to check pricing on everything at once. You might want to keep notes for areas you are farming/leveling in about which items are worth trying to sell and which are not.

(3) If you check the Trader's Market section of the forums, you'll see there's occasional posts about price checking. You can make a list of say 10-20 items and ask for help with pricing. This can take awhile though and can take multiple postings.

(4) You can note the prominent names of seller in the CS and send tells to a few of them about the prices of some items. I would always ask at least two to try to obtain the best pricing picture: "Sorry to bother you but could you help me with a price point?" When I start a new game and have questions and do not know anyone and have to ask, I try to ask at least 3 people. Usually you'll get one who answers. If not, you do it again. And again, this takes time.

lesliesoon
08-04-2011, 09:15 AM
yeah in this game people love to ignore for some reason

Fyrce
08-04-2011, 03:40 PM
People can be busy or afk. I never assume they're actively avoiding me, because they probably are not. They're just doing their own thing, like I am doing my own thing.

That's why I ask multiple people. Hopefully, I'll find at least one who might want to do what I'm doing: Getting a question answered.