PDA

View Full Version : Pink-Orama ~ Helping you get what you need

[x]
08-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi all, I Doogy, wish to -attempt- to start a non-profit PL organization. I know it sounds very, very strange, but we have all seen those non-profits which choose a family then ask people to give small increments of money; so that the family can buy a cow, business supplies etc... Although in some of those non-profits, it is not a gift it is a loan, for this Pink Drive it would be solely a gift of money to help another obtain what he needs. This relies on the communities generosity, and will only be successful if you all help to make it so.

This event happens every other week, I need a week to process requests and such!

Every other Sunday, by 12pm everyone who wishes an item should have sent in a request, with a little note as to why they need help in particular, I hope to receive many many of them. I will accept FIVE of the (x) number that I receive, no more or less. A format for the request should be this (copy and paste if needed)

Name (main ign): Doogyplum
Item deserved: FF shield
Amount needed (some people will not need all 700k, some will need only 300, or less.): 400k
A little note about why you need or want it: I have all other Fury pieces, but I am unable to farm lately because I am working so much. Thanks.

If I accept your request it goes into this thread for a week from Sunday, by the end of the week whatever money has been raised; whether the goal was met or not you receive the money raised, and the next batch of requests go into this thread. As donations to the request are made, they will be updated constantly until the goal is met.

Regarding SETS: Sets can only be requested if under 300k, other wise the money would be impossible to raise.

Disclaimer: I just want to say right now, most likely not all if any of the money for your items/set will be raised

Donations are done in amounts of 10k, and are called pledges.
You may either give a one time amount of (x) number of pledges, or agree to a week pledge, where one saves 10k per day, then on Monday (end of the weeks PinkOrama) you will give the money to the bank account, which in turn will give all the money for it's certain request to the person who made the request.
How to donate!

Choose the request you wish to donate to.
Send a PM to me, saying how many pledges (10k per pledge) you wish to make.
Remember to PM your IGN, and add PinkOraammaa ingame. Next time you are both online give Pink-O the amount you wish to donate.
All done, feel'in good already?

PM should like this:
Hi, I would like to donate to request number 5. (of 5), I want to do the weekly pledge of 70k. Thanks a lot, my IGN is ( ). <--- Nothing complicated please.
Donation amounts:
1 PLEDGE (10k)
(X) PLEDGES (10k-200k, you cannot go past 200 on any given request, if you wish to give more, split it up among other requests
Weekly PLEDGE (70k)

*Note* The total weekly pledge can be given on any day, not just Monday. It would be easiest with any pledge to just farm 10k worth of items at CTK, or run Sandstone caves for a little. Think of it as a gift.

This will have to be a community effort, read through each of the item requests, decide which one or ones you wish to donate to, and please be generous.

As I am not yet a trusted member I would like some one else to be the bank for this operation, as this event will not happen until Sunday I have time to find someone more trusted than myself.

⇩ REQUESTS HERE! ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ These requests will end Monday 15th of august! If a request is serviced I will replace with a suitable other.

Request 1. Lets all help Register get his Henchman recurve!

Name: ShadowPlat, Level 52

Item requested: Henchman Recurve, level 51.

Amount needed: ~90k

Why should we help?: I currently have about 2.5k and need a better weapon...I had about 40k yesterday but lost most of it while trying to do some stat boosting on my twink. I was on a good track yesterday and the few days before on making a little steady gold but when I lost most of it in a fail attempt, I guess i lost my gold mojo...Im trying hard to make gold but it ends up being so little. Took a while to get that 40k lol...But 90k...woah... ~ Thanks for requesting, I hope we can help you raise the item.

Amount collect: 0/90k

Request 2. Let's see if we can helped a scammed man : (!

Main's IGN: Griaziqudaz

Item Requested: Raid Roach Gemstone Recurve

Amount Needed: 400k

Note: Id really like a Raid Roach Gemstone Recurve because not too long ago, about 3 days ago to be precise, i let a friend borrow my Fortified set from another character of mine. Later that day, i asked him why he wanted to borrow it, and he said that he was going to be getting a Custom set from another friend of his. I eventually mey up with him a little later and i found out that he had been scammed by this friend of his. He told another guildmate/friend of mine that his friend asked him if he could try on the Fortified set. After he gave it to him, he logged off.
Im at a loss as to what to do. ~ But we are not at a loss as to what to do, lets raise some money!

Amount collect: 0/400k

Request 3. Can we help a lower level complete his Onyx set?

Mains IGN: Ueteanetabac

Item requested: Onyx battle-sword

Amount needed 50k

Why should we help?: Uet has been trying to complete his Onyx set for a while now, as we all know raising gold as a low level is hard, so why don't we help him?

Amount collect: 0/50k

Request 4. WJJ needs help obtaining an FF shield.

Name: WJJ

Item requested: FF shield

Amount needed: 400k

Why we should help?: Hi. Just hit lvl 55 yesterday and in need of one item to complete my set. I have made a total of 920k on my way to 55 and almost had enough after i sold my rift set to buy my ff set. I have all but shield and about 300k left in gold. ~ I hope we can help, I would love to get you full FF! : )

Amount collect: 0/400k

Request 5. ~ No suitable request has yet been made... ~

Epic Sauce list (best of all):

Top donations overall:

Most generous overall:

This week top donations:

Again I hope this works, remember to be generous.

PLEASE START SENDING IN REQUESTS SO I CAN START PICKING 5. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING THE BANK, PLEASE POST OR PM ME. THANKS!

Oh and I will eventually be giving things for most generous and largest donation, so I need a sig maker or makers to pledge to help me with making custom sigs as rewards anyone in?

IF YOU JUST WANT THE ITEM FOR PVP, OR WANT TO LOOK FLASHY, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO ASK, I AM TRYING TO HELP THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE CASH FOR THE ITEM. PLEASE REMEMBER TO ADD THE WHY PART TO YOUR REQUEST.

This week I am starting before sunday, to be precise 10 am tomorrow, I will to stock of all requests tonight then choose five, this will go until next Monday, unless a request is filled, and I will replace it with another.

noobmigo
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
This is a great idea.
I'll pledge 50% of my weekly merching profits, at least I'll try to keep up with the numbers.

EDIT: Um, I'm not the greatest for the job either, but I can volunteer as banker.

[x]
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
That sounds great, it will start this Sunday. If there are enough people I will increase to 10. You can split up your pledge among the request on Sunday, or pledge all to one request. Thanks.

furryfighter
08-03-2011, 07:53 PM
I have a level 10 archer only 2k on account would like level 5 artisans leather or 15 and I would love to have a osisch bow of doom or tinsel talon and peppermint shield thanks for trying if u do help me and ign is uiwabal

[x]
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Please PM me requests, only requesting one item please. There are five others who will be needing help to. Send me a PM right away.

noobmigo
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
;369298']That sounds great, it will start this Sunday. If there are enough people I will increase to 10. You can split up your pledge among the request on Sunday, or pledge all to one request. Thanks.

Hm, OK!

GL finding a banker! :D
This is such a great idea. I believe this should be stickied at some point.

Shadowie
08-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I will gladly help in this! But take note, not into cash, but into items that are being requested. I m quite tight on cash, but have a bunch of swamp and ao1 pinks in stash. If there r any request for them, i will gladly donate to Pink-Orama

IGN: Glamiour

Shadowie
08-03-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a level 10 archer only 2k on account would like level 5 artisans leather or 15 and I would love to have a osisch bow of doom or tinsel talon and peppermint shield thanks for trying if u do help me and ign is uiwabal

I believe u have to input yr reason "why" u need these. If it for vanity issue or just to kiss *** in pvp, i dun think the community will help. I strongly believe all requests will undergo some minor requirements before they proceed to help.

Note: If the community help regardlessly, i will redraw my donation

Whirlzap
08-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Requirements should be for only new players.
Obviously this is a twink, someone making an account just to get gold.

Honestly speaking, I just know that someone will end up abusing this. That's just how greedy humans are.

[x]
08-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Excellent, matching the item is perfect, if you are able to match that is just as good or better. Yes, if you just want the item for PVP or looking cool, do not ask, this is for those who don't have the cash. I will personally look over request, please add the why part.

furryfighter
08-03-2011, 08:10 PM
I just wanted to look cool cause it's all firery ANd I don't even pvp

furryfighter
08-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Plus it will help me level faster

Ueteanetabac
08-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I think this is really nice you are doing this.

I myself have been working on an onyx set for myself for months, im a lvl 33 warrior, and I was hoping you could raise the remaining 50k or so to get a onyx sword for me. Plz, it would be very nice

noobmigo
08-03-2011, 08:18 PM
I think this is really nice you are doing this.

I myself have been working on an onyx set for myself for months, im a lvl 33 warrior, and I was hoping you could raise the remaining 50k or so to get a onyx sword for me. Plz, it would be very nice

Hey, I've got a Conq Onyx, but if it hasn't sold yet, you can have that.

Also, remember to use the Private Message to request items.

mike1298
08-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Dooooogy!!! You know me, I will always help in raising pinks ;).

Flickz
08-03-2011, 08:30 PM
@ furryfighters first post. I doubt you know about that many good items in pl but only have 2k...dont take advantage of this system this is a really good idea it doesnt need to go to people who can farm their own gold

Edit-i didnt see noobs post i made this as soon as i read your first post sorry for kinda repeating

furryfighter
08-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Even look up my charter I have bad stuff I am level with blue armor white and a spiked bow

furryfighter
08-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh I meant to say level 10

Driazsomethingiforgot
08-03-2011, 08:50 PM
10k is nothing I spend that much on pots every other day xD and would be glad to donate

[x]
08-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Requests are going up at 10am tomorrow then pledge please : ). Remember to specify which one you want to donate to.

Fyrce
08-04-2011, 04:56 AM
OK, so you'll post requests w/ item and their reasons. And we can pledge cash or items towards the request?

I'm a little fuzzy about the timeline, ie. when it rolls over. But if you just update your first post, that'll work for me. You might also want to put a link to this thread in the New Players forum, so new players can try it.

I can be bank if you still need someone?

What happens if people pledge gold and then someone pledges the item? Do we let people re-pledge the gold?

Kanozaki
08-04-2011, 05:10 AM
Great idea but there maybe people who may abuse this system.As for sigs once i get PS running again ill be happy to help out.

zuesmirza
08-04-2011, 05:44 AM
IGN: MEATHEADSEND
Item required: Winter festival tinsel talon(lvl 10 pink)
I was having lvl 10 pink tinsel talon and pepermint wing but accidently I liquified the talon I posted at forum dedicated to devs they did nt replied.. I feel so bad... I dnt know how I accidentley I liquified the item when I was clearing my inventory as it was full

lethalchick
08-04-2011, 09:18 AM
This sounds like a great idea, but your first requests are Expert leather, Orcish, and level 10 tinsel talon... I'm sure there are people who need the help more than that.

[x]
08-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I put up some requests which will end Monday 15th. Please look through and help our requesters : )

[x]
08-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Sorry for double, but bump !

ScarecrowWolf
08-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey wats up. I have the setinal shotgun and all I really need now is the armor. Really expensive, and havnt had time to get money lately due to me being in the hospitol a lot. If u could help me out it would be terrific, and any money I get I will donate to u. IGN- SCARECROWWOLF

AdinoEznite
08-05-2011, 03:55 PM
this seems like a good idea, i just hope its not abused :(

im kind of a farmer/merch so i can try to donate the proceeds of some of my sales to you / sell an item and 100% of proceeds go to this initiative

i probably dont make as much as noobmigo but ill try!

just a suggestion, maybe you should screen people and recruit a team (2-3 people maybe), that way maybe the team can create a new account (that only the team members will have access to) that would be used as the pink-orama mascot in game so that all transactions and is dealt through it and the money is kept there as well

its a thot, makes the non-profit as transparent as possible when you have a few people involved doing the checks and balances

might actually want to adjust the scope of it because it seems like some people are asking for quite rare/expensive items
when non-profits do charitable things, its not too often that they treat people to a 5 star restaurant or buy them a really expensive car

most of the time its more about fulfilling necessities...so that people can get up on their feet and such and not to fulfill desires - not saying we cant do this either but maybe we should change the focus more
ex. helping to bridge the gap when a character reaches a new level threshold (qualifying for a new map)
maybe have someone advertise in FH about this thread and encourage new people to join the forums
that way they get plugged in here and can get set up with some basic but good items to get them going

and then at 15/25/30/45?/50? etc

Mothwing
08-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Wow man great idea! Id love to donate as much as i can!

Prestige
08-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Great idea! I would donate but I'm working on my sentinel talon set just need 2 more pieces. But yeah people will probably abuse the system and make up some story of why they should get the pink to feel sorry for them.

kallima
08-05-2011, 09:27 PM
He can have it. I am leveling my former low sewer farming bird to 56 so don't need it. Just pm me or contact me ig, I am currently on under my alt Callima.

mejslll
08-05-2011, 09:38 PM
add me an i have a henchman recurve for the person needing it

mejslll
08-05-2011, 09:38 PM
i would like raid roach leather if it comes avail - fyi