View Full Version : Sts you guys outdid yourselves.. Proved me wrong!

RedRyder
08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
So I was off to tacobell with a friend that happens to own a droid, so I went to the android market out of curiosity and found the SL beta. So I logged in and was blown away. It's the same format as PL, but like on steroids. I don't know how the name reserve works but I was able to make RedRyder, I though it would be automatically made ontoy account but w.e (can anyone elaborate on this?) the UI is beautiful, just gorgeous. Omg wow now I can't wait till apple approves it so I can play again. You renewed my faith in you STS

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/41ce57a1.jpg

Conradin
08-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Welcome back bro- and bring your brother too.

Redbridge
08-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Max lost faith? I thought you had STS written right through the middle of you....LOL

Cracking game, eh?

Ellyidol
08-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Good to have you back bro :)

Futumsh
08-03-2011, 10:40 PM
If you have the name reservation, it just prevents any other accounts from creating characters with that name - only the account which reserved it can create characters with that name.

RedRyder
08-03-2011, 11:41 PM
K gotcha thanks!

Lowlyspy
08-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Welcome back red, lookin forward to seein u in game :)

RedRyder
08-04-2011, 12:05 AM
I'm feeling as impatient as everyone else now
-_- hurry up apple!!!!!!!!!!!$/&:@;&;!/'kdmd

Physiologic
08-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Gameloft bad; Spacetime Studios good.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-04-2011, 12:34 AM
To be honest, Apple and Gameloft are equally as bad, and what I mean is VERY VERY HORRIBLE. :( Gameloft won't bother updating their games frequently and their devs never pop in to say hi or keep up to date frequently like our STS devs do!

Apple just likes to insult us by making us wait and wait and wait and wait until we've become tired of it and then they approve the game or update -______-

STS, you rule! :cool:

RedRyder
08-04-2011, 01:45 AM
I wish I had a droid now..

Ellyidol
08-04-2011, 02:00 AM
I wish I had a droid now..

Same. It's too bad Apple has really good products, and they know it.

RedRyder
08-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Can't wait to play on the iPad we're getting in 2 weeks or so :)

thugimmortal
08-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Can't wait to play on the iPad we're getting in 2 weeks or so :)

LOL welcome back mighty Max of the Redryder

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

RedRyder
08-04-2011, 09:24 AM
I think I might by a prepaid droid today...

Hankomachos
08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Glad you like it! It is a fantastic game, Eh?
:)

CrimsonTider
08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
I think I might by a prepaid droid today...

LMAO! Welcome back stranger!

RedRyder
08-04-2011, 09:36 AM
The first thing I tried waking up this morning

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/7fe526fc.jpg

I've been doing that at least once an hour too :/

simnar_
08-04-2011, 09:43 AM
To be honest, Apple and Gameloft are equally as bad, and what I mean is VERY VERY HORRIBLE. :( Gameloft won't bother updating their games frequently and their devs never pop in to say hi or keep up to date frequently like our STS devs do!

Apple just likes to insult us by making us wait and wait and wait and wait until we've become tired of it and then they approve the game or update -______-

STS, you rule! :cool: game loft devs are fat sweaty guys who make games that are awesome at first then suck later lol

JaytB
08-04-2011, 09:48 AM
The first thing I tried waking up this morning

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/7fe526fc.jpg

I've been doing that at least once an hour too :/

That screen looks all too familar to me :/

RedRyder
08-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Ughh... WE NEED SL!!!!!! this is B.alefort S.ewers

Zeus
08-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm kinda getting depressed waiting for the game. Lol. When I log onto PL, nothing to do. 15 minutes to check CS, 30 minutes to chat, some twinking, then log off.

Otukura
08-04-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm kinda getting depressed waiting for the game. Lol. When I log onto PL, nothing to do. 15 minutes to check CS, 30 minutes to chat, some twinking, then log off.

:/

SL is depressing after hitting the cap.

Zeus
08-04-2011, 08:41 PM
:/

SL is depressing after hitting the cap.

Meh, still it will be a refreshing break from PL.

Otukura
08-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Meh, still it will be a refreshing break from PL.
3 day break. 3 weeks if you're playing with Jake, you talk so much you get 1/7th the XP.

Ayrilana
08-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Apple gets a ton of app submissions so give them a break. Would you want an unsecured market like Android's where someone can upload an app and get someone else's personal information hijacked? I remember there being such as issue many months ago. Newer apps will take longer compared to ones submitting updates.

RedRyder
08-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Lol we're just anxious. We know how the process works and all, so don't take our angst so literal ayri.

Zeus
08-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Lol we're just anxious. We know how the process works and all, so don't take our angst so literal ayri.

Yea, I won't go to Android because Chris reminded me of that incident. Can't believe I forgot about it so easily. Although, I was a beta tester for Android when it first came out. Still have my beta test G1. Heh.

RedRyder
08-04-2011, 10:29 PM
I can't imagine myself outside of iOS, let alone on a droid lol. I'd go back o my blackberry before I purchase a droid

RioMage
08-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Apple gets a ton of app submissions so give them a break. Would you want an unsecured market like Android's where someone can upload an app and get someone else's personal information hijacked? I remember there being such as issue many months ago. Newer apps will take longer compared to ones submitting updates.

All apps on android market are protected by google. I don't think you have a chance of getting hijacked unless you search for shady apps like inapropriate photagraphy of people. Other than that, the android market is perfectly safe.

RioMage
08-04-2011, 10:59 PM
All apps on android market are protected by google. I don't think you have a chance of getting hijacked unless you search for shady apps like inapropriate pbotagraphy of people. Other than that, the android market is perfectly safe.

Well..now that I remember, some apps do look at your personal information, but there is a warning system for it. Android cant control what people post on the market. I dont think you get hijacked btw.

Otukura
08-04-2011, 11:01 PM
All apps on android market are protected by google. I don't think you have a chance of getting hijacked unless you search for shady apps like inapropriate pbotagraphy of people. Other than that, the android market is perfectly safe.

I can go put a shady app in the Android Market place right now. Does Google check? No. They rely on users to report anything. App gets reported, then Google checks. It's entirely user based. Google finds you put a shady app on, you can't develop under that account anymore. Simple.

If an app has 10k+ downloads, I consider it safe enough, and will download it. Nothing under that(except for SL, obviously).

RioMage
08-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I can go put a shady app in the Android Market place right now. Does Google check? No. They rely on users to report anything. App gets reported, then Google checks. It's entirely user based. Google finds you put a shady app on, you can't develop under that account anymore. Simple.

If an app has 10k+ downloads, I consider it safe enough, and will download it. Nothing under that(except for SL, obviously).

Google is not able to check all apps at once, so the put up a warning system ( like I said earlier) so they can let you know exactly what the app is doing and they have the report system for you to report all apps that are shady. I am not trying to argue. I am just trying to prove a point that google is not careless of what goes on the market.

Btw.. Good suggestion on how you download your apps.

Conradin
08-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Ive been reading books while waiting. Im trying going through HP series.

RedRyder
08-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Lol con I hope it doesn't take that long. I've been passing the time by playing loads of rpg's on my phone. Found some pretty cool games like the zenonia series and illusia is pretty good. Nice time killer

Otukura
08-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Google is not able to check all apps at once, so the put up a warning system ( like I said earlier) so they can let you know exactly what the app is doing and they have the report system for you to report all apps that are shady. I am not trying to argue. I am just trying to prove a point that google is not careless of what goes on the market.

Btw.. Good suggestion on how you download your apps.

I completely agree with this, but every-so-often, there are slip-ups, like the one Ayrilana mentioned.

Anyway, it's not just Androids. You hear about this same stuff on iPhones too(and it seems like a lot more often).

Bgandyful
08-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Nice to hear from you Red say hi to Black for me.

Conradin
08-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Lol con I hope it doesn't take that long. I've been passing the time by playing loads of rpg's on my phone. Found some pretty cool games like the zenonia series and illusia is pretty good. Nice time killer

Its ok :) ima fast reader, on the 4th atm. I ready about one a day, and ill take 2 days for #7, so we can only hope B* is out in 4 days.

shmoo
08-05-2011, 02:34 AM

I tried Zenonia 2 on an iTouch and liked it, and now am getting to try Zenonia 3 on the Galaxy Tab.

Try getting the War of Eustrath. Maybe you'd like that. The game has multiple endings. :D

RedRyder
08-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Looking it up now ^_^ I'm a sucker for any rpg that isn't turn based (unless it's pokemon :p)

Edit: nvm that's exactly what it is lol

Snakespeare
08-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I like Apple's walled garden approach.

Furthermore, I don't believe in ESP. None of the people who blame Apple knows for sure that the app was flawless and they are just dragging their heels. How do you know it didn't freeze up on them? You know it freezes up on some android devices. If it did that, they would refuse to put it on the store. Any app that requires a restart of the device is automatically rejected. But maybe for STS they didn't reject it, only told them to fix something.

I love the defense of Google above, that "they don't have time to test apps". LOL! EXACTLY why I will not do it. It's like people who refuse to vaccinate their kids. We could wipe out some viruses, but these I-have-the-right-to-have-viruses people are the ones who are responsible for the spread of these viruses. Like I say, I'll suffer the side effects of testing and will enjoy the peace and tranquility of Apple walled garden.

Anyhow, there's a lot of PL content also in the pipeline, so, if SL can't pass testing at Apple, then I will enjoy PL. I also play racing games. You can't live and die by just one game, man.

@ RedRyder, try Aralon: Sword and Shadow.

Lesrider
08-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Aralon actually went down to $5 and I'm considering it -- but I don't want to be pulled into another time-consuming game right now. Been playing mostly Solomon's Boneyard and free puzzle games bc they can easily be played in short bursts without sucking you in for hours.

Snakespeare
08-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Les, you definitely get to ride a dragon about 75% of the way through the main quest.

Physiologic
08-05-2011, 05:06 PM
There's nothing wrong with Google's approach on downloadable apps on the droid. If you use Google.com, you are already aware of all the problematic sites on there and should be smart enough to avoid them. The same goes with the Droid market - a simple quick research of the app will give you enough information to figure out if the app is legitimate and if it works on your Droid.

RedRyder
08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Back to the game, I found a purple font crafting material drop. Are these common at all?

Physiologic
08-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Those are what I consider "first tier" crafting drops. I categorized crafting item drop rarity into three tiers, with first being rarest and third being most common:

First Tier - BIOTECH/NANOTECH/PSYONIC Ingredients
BIOTECH Corrosive DNA [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Rockfall Caves, Dead Man Cave]
BIOTECH Gray Matter [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Rockfall Caves, Dead Man Cave, Big Bug Blast]
BIOTECH Acadian DNA
BIOTECH Vular DNA [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Big Bug Blast]
NANOTECH Disruptive Nanites
NANOTECH Nano Tubes [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Dead Man Cave]
NANOTECH Adaptive Nanites [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Dead Man Cave]
NANOTECH Connective Nanites
PSYONIC Plasm of Courage [Weapon cache in Cycorp Labs - Corporate Offices]
PSYONIC Plasm of Hate [Weapon cache in Cycorp Labs - Consumer Testing]
PSYONIC Ectoplasm [Weapon cache in Cycorp Labs - Consumer Testing]
PSYONIC Humanity

Second Tier - KINETIC/ELECTRONIC Ingredients
ELECTRONIC Combat Software [Weapon cache in Cycorp Labs - Consumer Testing, Delta-7 - Dead Man Cave, Delta-7 - The Motherload]
ELECTRONIC Defense Software [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Dead Man Cave, Delta-7 - The Motherload]
ELECTRONIC Memory [Weapon cache in Cycorp Labs - Consumer Testing, Delta-7 - Dead Man Cave, Delta-7 - The Motherload]
ELECTRONIC Processor [Weapon cache in Cycorp Labs - Consumer Testing, Delta-7 - Dead Man Cave, Delta-7 - The Motherload]
KINETIC Durasteel [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Honeycomb Hideout, Delta-7 - Big Bug Blast]
KINETIC Induranium [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Honeycomb Hideout, Delta-7 - Big Bug Blast]
KINETIC Ballistics Platform [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Honeycomb Hideout, Delta-7 - Big Bug Blast]
KINETIC Gun Mech [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Honeycomb Hideout, Delta-7 - Big Bug Blast]

Third Tier - Base Weapons
Limited Class IV Velocity Repeater [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Dead Man Cave, Delta-7 - Honeycomb Hideout, Delta-7 - Big Bug Blast, Delta-7 - The Motherload]
Modified Mark V Sighted ARC Cannon
Type IV Plas-AMP Pistol [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Dead Man Cave, Delta-7 - Big Bug Blast, Delta-7 - The Motherload]
Type IV Scoped A-OK
Type IV Silenced Flashguns
Class IV Hammer Fists [Weapon cache in Delta-7 - Dead Man Cave, Delta-7 - Honeycomb Hideout, Delta-7 - Big Bug Blast, Delta-7 - The Motherload]

Source: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?31079-Star-Legends-Crafting-Guide

Those crafting items aren't TOO rare but they just show up less frequently than the second/third tier items.

RedRyder
08-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh okay, it was the first one that o got