PDA

View Full Version : Control Issue

Coznlarry
08-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I just installed and began playing tonight. I noticed this when you are moving with d-pad and rotating view(by swiping across screen). If you break contact with screen on the d-pad area before breaking contact from your swipe the avatar/view spins around 180.
I thought this was kinda weird and worth a mention.

Flowman
08-04-2011, 03:58 AM
turn off chase camera.

Coznlarry
08-04-2011, 04:30 AM
"Use chase camera" box is unchecked

Teddyache
08-04-2011, 06:45 AM
This is an issue I've had since the Vcast beta was first released. Someone else reported it then as well. Still happens to me so I haven't gotten the hang of it after a few weeks of playing. I also have chase camera off.

kamikazees
08-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Yes, I have this problem too! I just posted it, along with an FPS slowdown problem I have during larger battles (despite ping remaining high). I've died because of this 180 rotation issue. It drives me nuts because you lose your orientation and have to reposition the screen again. Thanks for pinpointing it!

Hopefully enough other people have this problem that a fix can be implemented.

CrimsonTider
08-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Yes, I have this problem too! I just posted it, along with an FPS slowdown problem I have during larger battles (despite ping remaining high). I've died because of this 180 rotation issue. It drives me nuts because you lose your orientation and have to reposition the screen again. Thanks for pinpointing it!

Hopefully enough other people have this problem that a fix can be implemented.

LMAO! The solution you search for is found within the second post of this thread. :)

Flowman
08-04-2011, 09:58 AM
LMAO! The solution you search for is found within the second post of this thread. :)
I swear, it's like people just ignore everything I say.

CrimsonTider
08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
I think the issue is a lot if times people read the OP and quick reply before reading the entire thread first. I myself am guilty of this from time to time. ::smacks back of hand::

kamikazees
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM
LMAO! No, it's not. My chase camera is off. So is Coznlarry's, according to the third post. The chase camera would make it a constant flip, which this is not. It is accomplished by doing what he describes, which happens often.

CrimsonTider
08-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Ok. From someone who has played the the beta since the first hour if release, had the exact issue u describe, and solved it by turning off the chase camera, I agree with Flow's solutiin. I have not had an issue since nor have I had anyone describe this. Good luck with finding your solution.

Coznlarry
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Do you mean turn chase on and then turn it off? Maybe I don't understand on and off, but the box in front of "use chase camera" is unchecked. As is the chase camera option in PL and I haven't had this issue. I'm not thing to say anyone is wrong, just trying to bring to light a possible problem.

Thade
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
There is an issue where with chase came off. While running manually turn your camera. While turning your camera stop running and then stop turning your camera. Your view will snap, sometimes doing a 180.

We'll get it fixed!

thequickone
08-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I have experienced this very bug since PL, and it is likely going to prove to be very difficult to diagnose and fix due to the intermittent nature of its reproduction.

What I can state with some certainty; 1) This bug seems to be touch-control engine related, 2) it is only intermittently reproducable, 3) it is not a SL-only bug.

As far as I can tell from practice, the best way to reproduce this bug is to actively manipulate the virtual joystick with one thumb/finger at the same time you are rotating the screen with another.

Great catch, and even better job bringing it to the forum! :)

Edit: Thade replied while I was typing... Gotta be quicker on the trigger!

Thade
08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Hehe, this fix will take a new client to go in so you'll have to put up with it for a few weeks. It will be fixed though! =)

Futumsh
08-04-2011, 02:49 PM
To be more specific, we'll see what devices it can be fixed on. Many android devices have crazy bugs with multitouch support, so depending on the device, it may not be possible to get correct enough information from the touches to correct this problem.

Bastok
08-04-2011, 04:01 PM
I have this problem in both Star Legends and Pocket Legends. It is annoying at times. My phone is HTC Incredible.

Coznlarry
08-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Incredible here too, but no issue in PL

Hellspawn69
08-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Say move ppl have an droid 2 like me we have small screens so instead of we use the screen to move update it use the W,A,S,D keys to move up,down,left,right and the space bar to auto attack that would help out alot and less downtime when recharging battery. I know i cant do anything when im charging the battery because for some rezon the phone say im doing stuff im not doing.