PDA

View Full Version : Should i respec?

tjornan
06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey all im a lvl 39 close to 40 mage... I want to do more damage to bosses.... So should i respec? Items r not a problem

Royce
06-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I just did a respec on one of my mages from Int to Str for the reason I posted here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3237-Please-rectify-the-oasis-gear-mana-regen-situation
Sadly, I can do exactly what I did as an Int mage even better as a Str mage, but with additional armor, better regen, and more attack damage thanks to the unbalanced oasis gear situation. I am hoping this was an oversite that will be fixed, so I can go back to Int, but for now this is the best mage build IMO (even to play a pure healer!).

My other mage is dex, and if you respec to minimize your mana usage (max skills rather than spreading many points, and use cheaper skills when possible (i.e. frost instead of icestorm), it can be an effective character, though you won't have the regen or mana pool to do what you did with Int (or could do with Str) so you really will be best as support for a true mage and for the DPS as well.