PDA

View Full Version : FPS battle drops and screen rotation

kamikazees
08-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Anyone else having problems with (1) FPS during battle and (2) screen rotation? My FPS drops to what appears to be about 4 during battle, while my ping sits at a nice 100 or so. I have no problems in town or in 1v1 fights. Also, when I try to rotate the screen, often it suddenly zips an instant 180 on me. This happens in andPL out of battle, but it's gotten me killed a few times.

It may just be my phone. I am playing on a motorola atrix. I did not have the FPS and screen rotation problems within my iphone in PL. But now I've "upgraded" to android. If you had these problems please let me k ow what you did to fix them.

ScarecrowWolf
08-04-2011, 07:47 AM
For the 180° turn simply turn off chase camera on PL options

KhaosAngel
08-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Or clean your screen:rolleyes: - wierd things happen after about 20min of playing with dirty fingers:rolleyes:

Dartagnian
08-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Lol Choco-fingers playing rules!

kamikazees
08-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I noticed this when you are moving with d-pad and rotating view(by swiping across screen). If you break contact with screen on the d-pad area before breaking contact from your swipe the avatar/view spins around 180.

THIS is the problem (thanks, Coznlarry!). Thanks for the replies, but chase camera and a dirty screen are not the culprits. My chase camera is not on, and the "flip" happens whether my screen is squeeky clean or "choco" dirty. There have to be more of us noticing this.

Anyone else have the FPS slowdown problems? I was thinking maybe it was because the Atrix has a dual core processor, but even my old iPhone 3gs's puny processor can handle PL (and I am getting slowdowns there too). Also I would think the Samsung Galaxy S2, being dual core, would have the same problem. Finally, I moved both PL and SL to my phone's internal memory instead of the SD card. That didn't help. Ugh. Any other suggestions much appreciated.