PDA

View Full Version : Fast switch gear and skill loadout

Felipe Pereira
05-23-2016, 09:02 AM
I was wondering if im the only one who feels that necessity to fast switch gear and skill in determined situations or everyone is ok with the full route on settings to a switch your loadout. I think probably im not the only one right??

There are skill builds and gears who fit well every map that we play, even on the same map sometimes we need to change our game play in action. Sometimes this action could have you killed or someone of your party.

For instance, if you are a sorcerer and have your skills and gears set for crowd control. So you put your staff and (fireball, clock, gale, healing). Now on the same map you are facing a boss and the better setup would be your gun (to avoid some red zones) and skills like (ice, thunder, fireball and shield). Imagine if you are grinding this map with some friends or random party for maybe like hours, it would be really better and a fluid gameplay if you can fast switch everything to fit the gameplay you are facing on.

"Ohh!! But this means a screen full of new buttons to press and it would affect our visualization. "

Well, could it be like just 2 new buttons in the size of potions. On thats 2 buttons you just setup one for gear and the other to skills. Each button will switch for 2 different loadouts.
For example, i have one gear button and if i press i have crowd control mode gear and if press again im back to boss mode gear, press again and back to crowd control mode.

Im sorry about some writing issues, not a native speaker

Thanks STS for the new skill loadout system!

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk

Zeus
05-23-2016, 09:32 AM
I feel that it's a skill and one should learn to do it themselves. There are people already fast switching without the use of a button.

Felipe Pereira
05-23-2016, 09:37 AM
I feel that it's a skill and one should learn to do it themselves. There are people already fast switching without the use of a button.
Looking on that perspective, maybe that also depends on the price you paied in your mobile.

Zeus
05-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Looking on that perspective, maybe that also depends on the price you paied in your mobile.

One could say game has always been about how good your device is. It's not really a relevant point - it's just that I would hate there to be an easy button when it's one of the few things in this game that still requires skill. Knowing when to swap, how to swap, and when to swap back is a new skill set that very few have learned well: Ioez, Me, and a few others.

Felipe Pereira
05-23-2016, 11:30 AM
One could say game has always been about how good your device is. It's not really a relevant point - it's just that I would hate there to be an easy button when it's one of the few things in this game that still requires skill. Knowing when to swap, how to swap, and when to swap back is a new skill set that very few have learned well: Ioez, Me, and a few others.
So are you sayng that there is no need to have a improvement like that since you are such a skilled fast finger? Well, i think would be nice have a pratical way to switch loadouts, a smarter way, but if its accepted by STS you can still use your old school style.

soon
05-23-2016, 11:59 AM

Maybe he's talking about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfKq_izoGhQ&feature=youtu.be

It happens to me a lot and it's boring, you can be fast but losing focus on the game can mean death.

Zeus
05-23-2016, 12:04 PM
So are you sayng that there is no need to have a improvement like that since you are such a skilled fast finger? Well, i think would be nice have a pratical way to switch loadouts, a smarter way, but if its accepted by STS you can still use your old school style.

I'm saying that it's already possible to do it and this type of power shouldn't be granted by simple use of button. If you're fast enough to do it, then do it. I also die mid swap sometimes but that doesn't mean somethings wrong. It's the same as switching to lepre, you need to figure out right time to swap.

Maybe he's talking about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfKq_izoGhQ&feature=youtu.be

It happens to me a lot and it's boring, you can be fast but losing focus on the game can mean death.

That's elixir though, something can be avoided with some pre planning. In order to swap gear, you just need to be skilled at the swap.

Idk why people want to take away something that requires skill and speed to do and replace it with a button. It's the same as skill swaps, if you're fast enough to do it then do it. If you're not, practice to get faster.

azagreoralu
05-23-2016, 12:17 PM
i would have to say i agree with zeus on this issue if you practice some you can quickly change gear/skills. One trick i use to swap gear faster is dubble tap the right side of inventory this will press loadouts for you without having to wait for the inventory screen to load fully. Also standardize your placement of types of sets/skills for multiple character's so you can easily remember what you need to hit. Hope these tips make swapping easier for you.

Oezheasate
05-23-2016, 12:18 PM

Its really just practice, i dont think an extra feature is needed to swap gears when we already have loadouts, just practice how to get to ur inv menu fast and get the right loadout, it can be done in under a second manually just needs practice.
Its good for pvp and pve btw.

Felipe Pereira
05-23-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm saying that it's already possible to do it and this type of power shouldn't be granted by simple use of button. If you're fast enough to do it, then do it. I also die mid swap sometimes but that doesn't mean somethings wrong. It's the same as switching to lepre, you need to figure out right time to swap.

That's elixir though, something can be avoided with some pre planning. In order to swap gear, you just need to be skilled at the swap.

Idk why people want to take away something that requires skill and speed to do and replace it with a button. It's the same as skill swaps, if you're fast enough to do it then do it. If you're not, practice to get faster.
Lal wrongly thanked it.

About that skill u mention, there are many variables on it: internet connection variations, device speed.
I don't think its about have fast fingers or get a little far from the battle (cast shield, cast nekro)
I cant see sense on your point of view, i mean the standard method you have to open settings, open inventory, click on loadouts, choose your loadout and after that close everything to back and fight. How smart is that? How it could be a skill on the game? I can see many mmo who already have this kind of system.

Thats is boring, thats too much work for too little results. If im grinding a map for hours and i probably try to find ways to maximize my limit doing this repetitive work without getting tired of it, I won't feel like a skilled player doing as u said. Not funny.

Gouiwaa9000
05-23-2016, 12:27 PM
I can currently hot switch trough skills at a pretty high speed , I think not a big difference from using a button ( some times even do it duel ) . I also find it easy to hot switch loadouts of gear on the go , but if I need to do both ( gear and skills ) I always end out dying or taking serious damage .

soon
05-23-2016, 12:28 PM
In my opinion graphical interfaces are made to facilitate the user's work. Customize for her to expedite a function also includes it.
Other MMO games make user to change what to display on the screen.

whatever, each person has their personal preference.

Huyiscool2
05-23-2016, 12:39 PM
i feel the same.....

Zulgath
05-23-2016, 12:43 PM
Requires bit of skill

DON'T!

Lolifee
05-23-2016, 12:45 PM
same here. would be nice to have this

eugene9707
05-23-2016, 01:03 PM
People say practice but I can't move my mouse fast enough...... Lol

Zeus
05-23-2016, 03:24 PM
People say practice but I can't move my mouse fast enough...... Lol

You shouldn't need to move your mouse much, only two movements needed for mouse.

Zeus
05-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Lal wrongly thanked it.

About that skill u mention, there are many variables on it: internet connection variations, device speed.
I don't think its about have fast fingers or get a little far from the battle (cast shield, cast nekro)
I cant see sense on your point of view, i mean the standard method you have to open settings, open inventory, click on loadouts, choose your loadout and after that close everything to back and fight. How smart is that? How it could be a skill on the game? I can see many mmo who already have this kind of system.

Thats is boring, thats too much work for too little results. If im grinding a map for hours and i probably try to find ways to maximize my limit doing this repetitive work without getting tired of it, I won't feel like a skilled player doing as u said. Not funny.

If it's so easy, then you should be able to do it without requiring a custom button. Swapping is already allowed, it just depends on how fast you are as an individual.

Actually, internet connection does not change menu speed times. Device speed can be a factor, but not really...I'm able to swap fast from even an iPhone 5S. It doesn't take much to play this game lag-free, it's not a very demanding game.

Michael Woolley
05-23-2016, 03:34 PM
More load out slots would be nice. I have too many gear sets now. Hard to choose which items to keep in only four load out slots.

Daggee
05-23-2016, 03:46 PM
If it's so easy, then you should be able to do it without requiring a custom button. Swapping is already allowed, it just depends on how fast you are as an individual.

Actually, internet connection does not change menu speed times. Device speed can be a factor, but not really...I'm able to swap fast from even an iPhone 5S. It doesn't take much to play this game lag-free, it's not a very demanding game.
Well, apparently it is for me. I usally have a constant 400-500 ping especially when playing on my phone. I get quite a bit of delays in my pots and skills. And when opening my menu and inventory, there is quite a bit of delay and lag and when scrolling through my list of items i do get lag. So i have to say that device and internet connection matters.

Don't quote me on this but, i honestly don't think that the swaping is an auctual skill needed. Yea sure, learning when to swap is indeed a skill but the swaping action, as long as you know how to move your finger, it all depends on your framerates internet speed etc.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Felipe Pereira
05-23-2016, 04:17 PM

Obviously depends on internet, do you really think that all ur items data are up to your mobile HD space? Its a online feature that is always loaded when you open.
If that was a matter of fast finger or not this is not my point, but it is a unnecessary work while could be simplified and make our lifes a little easy. Because the fun on that game are on killing the monster, playing with ur character in the environment and not changing your gear.

Lawpvp
05-23-2016, 06:06 PM
I dont think not adding a feature on the basis that some people can swap quickly already is a viable reason.

Pc players: press I and your in the inventory

Mobile players, press your character then tap inventory

^^^might aswell just add some buttons next to the skills

And i play on pc btw

eugene9707
05-23-2016, 08:10 PM
You shouldn't need to move your mouse much, only two movements needed for mouse.

I guess... Using I to open inventory and Esc to close it.

But I still think it would be easier on mobile compare to pc as you have 2 fingers and the buttons are on the same location so it's easier once you memorize the location. Where as for pc, most mouse have acceleration, so the cruiser can travel different distance depending how fast you move it, which may be a little challenging.

But I guess it's possible to do it so much it become automatic, but that's a different story.....

But ya, adding more stuff on hud will just make things more cluttered

Zeus
05-23-2016, 11:19 PM
I dont think not adding a feature on the basis that some people can swap quickly already is a viable reason.

Pc players: press I and your in the inventory

Mobile players, press your character then tap inventory

^^^might aswell just add some buttons next to the skills

And i play on pc btw

Mobile users can skill swap faster than PC users. They also run some maps better too - it's just a give and take. OEZ is only .5 seconds behind me in set swap and he's mobile user.

azagreoralu
05-23-2016, 11:57 PM
Mobile users can skill swap faster than PC users. They also run some maps better too - it's just a give and take. OEZ is only .5 seconds behind me in set swap and he's mobile user.

Unless you are switching gear in under half a sec I'd see .5sec as a slight exaggeration, (unless you mean .05) seeing as on mobile you can gear swap in under a sec if you don't make any mistakes. (Note i am not trying to poke holes in what you are saying, just asking for clarification.)

eugene9707
05-24-2016, 12:00 AM
Unless you are switching skills in under half a sec I'd see .5sec as a slight exaggeration, (unless you mean .05) seeing as on mobile you can skill swap in under a sec if you don't make any mistakes. (Note i am not trying to poke holes in what you are saying, just asking for clarification.)

he said set swap, not skill ._.

essentially it's "i" , click, click, "Esc" "esc" (or just click on the X).... the hard part to move the mouse to the right location fast lol

ps. i will admit that the "i" key is kinda awkward to get to when you have one hand on mouse and another on wsad ......

Zeus
05-24-2016, 03:34 AM
Unless you are switching skills in under half a sec I'd see .5sec as a slight exaggeration, (unless you mean .05) seeing as on mobile you can skill swap in under a sec if you don't make any mistakes. (Note i am not trying to poke holes in what you are saying, just asking for clarification.)

What's your IGN? I'll show you in game.

extrapayah
05-24-2016, 03:53 AM
some games evolved their control by providing official shortcuts/macro to which were previously doable with micro commands, we'll see how AL evolve...

but anyway, without disrespecting skillful people who can switch gears/skills very fast, i still prefer AL to have this shortcuts, so +1 for the idea :P

latoz
05-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Can be use at pvp?

Shelllz
05-24-2016, 09:59 AM

Throwing my 2 cents in here.
Most people play on mobile devices (tabs, phones) and we have 2 extra actions to hit to get to a swap of let's say a lepre. While PC users only need to hit the "I" button and are taken directly to their inventory. So what we are trying to say is that it's not really "skill" to fast swap let's say speed set to normal gear for PC users. While rest of us try to scramble to hit 3 actions and boom we die mid swap. So maybe adding a "straight to inventory" button for us mobile device users would be fair

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Zeus
05-24-2016, 10:09 AM
Most people play on mobile devices (tabs, phones) and we have 2 extra actions to hit to get to a swap of let's say a lepre. While PC users only need to hit the "I" button and are taken directly to their inventory. So what we are trying to say is that it's not really "skill" to fast swap let's say speed set to normal gear for PC users. While rest of us try to scramble to hit 3 actions and boom we die mid swap. So maybe adding a "straight to inventory" button for us mobile device users would be fair

Then PC users should get a button for skill swap and customized maps like hauntlet and gold mine - they cannot be done to the most extreme efficiency that's needed. My point here is that there is give and take with either platform. Also, PC users do die mid swap quite often. Sometimes, if I mess up, I'll end up loading a vanity instead of a speed set to ring set swap.

Additionally, Oezheasate is a mobile/tablet user and he swaps pretty much at the same speed as me. The reason being is that one can hold menus and tap faster than a PC user can. A tap will always beat a mouse in speed, so it pretty much almost evens out. However, I do understand and respect your opinion on the matter.

Obviously depends on internet, do you really think that all ur items data are up to your mobile HD space? Its a online feature that is always loaded when you open.
If that was a matter of fast finger or not this is not my point, but it is a unnecessary work while could be simplified and make our lifes a little easy. Because the fun on that game are on killing the monster, playing with ur character in the environment and not changing your gear.

It does not depend on internet to load the menu or swap it. I can prove this by lag switch...I am still able to load menu and swap at the same effective speed, just the actual loading of the set is dependent on the ping. The menu load times are not. I know this for a fact because I've tested swapping while spiking.

Kingofninjas
05-24-2016, 12:15 PM

From personal experience, I have always been able to swap faster from my mobile device than from a pc, even taking into consideration the "I" shortcut. The distance the mouse has to move is a lot more than the distance ones finger or stylus has to move on a mobile or tablet.

However, my device is so full with music and pictures that the phone does not even respond as fast as my fingers can swap skills anymore.

For those playing on the smaller (4-4.3 inch diagonally) screens, adding this and other shortcut will only make an already cluttered screen worse. Between the two evils of limited screen space and slow devices, I would rather take the extra .5-1 second to swap that accidentally use such a shortcut when I don't want to. I already find myself hitting pots, tapping on my pet and other players and even accidentally buying elixirs far more than I mean to.

Susanne
05-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Why can't we just have extra skill slots?

memyselfandirony
05-24-2016, 02:32 PM
I'm really not understanding why anyone would be against this. People saying that it takes "skill" to swap efficiently are simply trying to inflate their own ego because they're faster at pushing buttons than other people.

Honestly, this is a feature that basically every MMO on the market nowadays has and I see no issue with it being implemented here. If you older players want to continue manually swapping because it somehow makes you feel superior, then go right ahead.

Zeus
05-24-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm really not understanding why anyone would be against this. People saying that it takes "skill" to swap efficiently are simply trying to inflate their own ego because they're faster at pushing buttons than other people.

Honestly, this is a feature that basically every MMO on the market nowadays has and I see no issue with it being implemented here. If you older players want to continue manually swapping because it somehow makes you feel superior, then go right ahead.

The entire game is about being faster at pushing buttons than other people...so yes, it matters. Why take away something that requires a bit of skill to do?

Gouiwaa9000
05-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Why can't we just have extra skill slots?

Imagine what I a mage can do with shield and 4 attacks skills in PvP to any of the classes.... It will be well over 5k dmg from one combo , lets not even talk about how much damage a rouge can do.. also , 5 skill slots will mean that nobody will use auto attacks , considering one skill will always be off cd , and will make wars even more un-killable , and pve even easier ( unless your going for time lb ) I think thats a aswer to why we can't have extra skill slots XD

memyselfandirony
05-24-2016, 02:54 PM
The entire game is about being faster at pushing buttons than other people...so yes, it matters. Why take away something that requires a bit of skill to do?
I'm pretty sure that's the point of most games that have either coop or PvP play. Do those games still have options like this? They sure do.

It does not require skill to push a button, at all. It's a video game. You're wasting your life playing it just like the rest of us. Let's try not to develop a superiority complex over it.

Zeus
05-24-2016, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the point of most games that have either coop or PvP play. Do those games still have options like this? They sure do.

It does not require skill to push a button, at all. It's a video game. You're wasting your life playing it just like the rest of us. Let's try not to develop a superiority complex over it.

It's not a superiority complex, I just don't want to see a skill go to waste. You should practice to do it as well. Load outs were made to make sure it was easier to equip gear. Lasrly, why create something that would reduce the need for ankhs?

What mobile MMO allows gear swap, btw?

Felipe Pereira
05-24-2016, 05:05 PM
Then PC users should get a button for skill swap and customized maps like hauntlet and gold mine - they cannot be done to the most extreme efficiency that's needed. My point here is that there is give and take with either platform. Also, PC users do die mid swap quite often. Sometimes, if I mess up, I'll end up loading a vanity instead of a speed set to ring set swap.

Additionally, Oezheasate is a mobile/tablet user and he swaps pretty much at the same speed as me. The reason being is that one can hold menus and tap faster than a PC user can. A tap will always beat a mouse in speed, so it pretty much almost evens out. However, I do understand and respect your opinion on the matter.

It does not depend on internet to load the menu or swap it. I can prove this by lag switch...I am still able to load menu and swap at the same effective speed, just the actual loading of the set is dependent on the ping. The menu load times are not. I know this for a fact because I've tested swapping while spiking.
Honestly, for me there are just empty words. "i can proof" ok mr master finger what if im really not interested on this matter? I mean, as i saied before, if it's easy or difficult, if its fast or slow, this is not my point. Do you think this argument about "i can swipe fast, this is not a problem" are something relevant on this thread? Well, i can tell you that i also can swipe fast [emoji54] [emoji54] [emoji54] (now im a master too)
You are telling us that u are against it just because you think have skills on swipe and some others dont? So in this aspect lets figure out in wich more you think you are the best and put everything as a requirement on the game. This way you will can play alone with all your skills.
Your point of view by itself make your argument weak, because everything that is suggested on the forum is thinking on the best in the majority of the players. if you has titled yourself and some close friends in the group of masters fingertaps basically you are the minority of the community.

As i saied before, im not talking about fast or slow. Im talking about a feature already used in the most of PC mmos, this feature is to make the player life a little easy, since the game isnt about changing gears. This feature is to make a fluid gameplays, peoples who spend hours doing repeatedly times the same map and having this situations on changing gear will really feel the difference.

For those who play on small devices and could have some problems with new icons on the screen, could manage it if the button would optional in the setup configuration as the minimap is.
That way, making optional these players wont feel any difference and the olds players will still can use their old school really not cool method to change gear.

memyselfandirony
05-24-2016, 05:24 PM
It's not a superiority complex, I just don't want to see a skill go to waste. You should practice to do it as well. Load outs were made to make sure it was easier to equip gear. Lasrly, why create something that would reduce the need for ankhs?

What mobile MMO allows gear swap, btw?
We're specifically talking about mobile MMOs? That's not a good comparison since there aren't that many. The ones I've played though don't NEED constant swapping, because they have more than four hotkeys. PS and SS have nine hotkeys, which is more than enough. I don't know why they decided DS and AS only need four.

And the fact that you're hinging Ankh use on unnecessarily dying while switching gear is ridiculous.

Eagle Eye229
05-24-2016, 10:51 PM
People are now to lazy to switch equip/skills?...................................really?. ........

Zeus
05-24-2016, 11:54 PM
Honestly, for me there are just empty words. "i can proof" ok mr master finger what if im really not interested on this matter? I mean, as i saied before, if it's easy or difficult, if its fast or slow, this is not my point. Do you think this argument about "i can swipe fast, this is not a problem" are something relevant on this thread? Well, i can tell you that i also can swipe fast [emoji54] [emoji54] [emoji54] (now im a master too)
You are telling us that u are against it just because you think have skills on swipe and some others dont? So in this aspect lets figure out in wich more you think you are the best and put everything as a requirement on the game. This way you will can play alone with all your skills.
Your point of view by itself make your argument weak, because everything that is suggested on the forum is thinking on the best in the majority of the players. if you has titled yourself and some close friends in the group of masters fingertaps basically you are the minority of the community.

As i saied before, im not talking about fast or slow. Im talking about a feature already used in the most of PC mmos, this feature is to make the player life a little easy, since the game isnt about changing gears. This feature is to make a fluid gameplays, peoples who spend hours doing repeatedly times the same map and having this situations on changing gear will really feel the difference.

For those who play on small devices and could have some problems with new icons on the screen, could manage it if the button would optional in the setup configuration as the minimap is.
That way, making optional these players wont feel any difference and the olds players will still can use their old school really not cool method to change gear.

1. In the use of PC MMOs - that is what you're basing your argument off of. These are mobile MMOs. PC MMOs implement these features because otherwise players take the client code and hard write in their own shortcuts. It's to discourage cheating. There's no really a need for this on AL, especially since Chrome client does not take script/macro keys as valid input. Programs would need to give the true ASCII value in order to work on Chrome client.

2. My argument is not weak - you are simply assuming it is. I would like to see how fast you can swap, so I can see the true basis of your claim. If you could show me in game some time, that would be great. My IGN is Zeus.

3. Again, that is a feature in PC games - something which have large and very complex menus. This is not the case in AL. In AL's case, developers go for a simple UI that's easy to understand. If you add too many things in, it becomes cluttered for players. I suggest you take a look at their videos when they founded their games - they list the goals there.

4. The forum in itself is a minority - so the majority versus minority rules do not apply here. You are essentially stating that you are the majority of the minority, which isn't much at all. The truth is that 90% of the AL players do not need this. As I've said, those that do...well, it becomes a skill.

5. Your suggestion will essentially force players to have two sets of gear at all times. Heck, your suggestion will also force players to have two sets of jewels at all times! Currently, only those skilled enough to swap so effectively that it does not impede their gameplay require two sets of gear. If this suggestion gets implemented, it will force everybody to get two sets of gear. It would also ensure that the speed set never dies out over time because there will always be a need to swap to it, especially if you can swap at a moment's notice.

6. You're complaining about device being the issue, but then you want to force people with devices that do not have a luxurious screen real estate to compromise.

7. I'm presenting you with facts, I can prove to you that menus aren't based off of ping yet you want to blatantly deny it. I'm not the one uttering empty words here...

Felipe Pereira
05-25-2016, 08:20 AM
1. In the use of PC MMOs - that is what you're basing your argument off of. These are mobile MMOs. PC MMOs implement these features because otherwise players take the client code and hard write in their own shortcuts. It's to discourage cheating. There's no really a need for this on AL, especially since Chrome client does not take script/macro keys as valid input. Programs would need to give the true ASCII value in order to work on Chrome client.

2. My argument is not weak - you are simply assuming it is. I would like to see how fast you can swap, so I can see the true basis of your claim. If you could show me in game some time, that would be great. My IGN is Zeus.

3. Again, that is a feature in PC games - something which have large and very complex menus. This is not the case in AL. In AL's case, developers go for a simple UI that's easy to understand. If you add too many things in, it becomes cluttered for players. I suggest you take a look at their videos when they founded their games - they list the goals there.

4. The forum in itself is a minority - so the majority versus minority rules do not apply here. You are essentially stating that you are the majority of the minority, which isn't much at all. The truth is that 90% of the AL players do not need this. As I've said, those that do...well, it becomes a skill.

5. Your suggestion will essentially force players to have two sets of gear at all times. Heck, your suggestion will also force players to have two sets of jewels at all times! Currently, only those skilled enough to swap so effectively that it does not impede their gameplay require two sets of gear. If this suggestion gets implemented, it will force everybody to get two sets of gear. It would also ensure that the speed set never dies out over time because there will always be a need to swap to it, especially if you can swap at a moment's notice.

6. You're complaining about device being the issue, but then you want to force people with devices that do not have a luxurious screen real estate to compromise.

7. I'm presenting you with facts, I can prove to you that menus aren't based off of ping yet you want to blatantly deny it. I'm not the one uttering empty words here...
Of course there will be holes, this is a suggestion and you are the against one. Im not claiming that im right in nothing, just stating some situation and solution.
That matter about the smallest devices is to reply the

Of course there will be holes, this is a suggestion and you are the against one. Im not claiming that im right in nothing, just stating some situation and solution.

That matter about the smallest devices is to reply what kingofninjas stated.

You can proof whatever you want but we already know that your mainly point is: "You already managed to change setup in your way and as someone others dont, you wanna keep that advantage." Its kind a selfish. You maybe are thinking about pvp and thats not my point, im talking about farming people. Its pve.

You wrote many words and im certainly dont have the same patient to argue like that on forum. So im hoping thats discuss end sooner.

Just think about what harm this new feature would do if people in pve could use that, as i never did pvp i cant talk about, but on the pve side everyone is on the same boat against virtual monsters. Obviously you will find 1000 harms on it, but everything hiding your true point, the advantage you think you have against others.

This feature isnt really to give many advantage on players against players, my idea is just to don't let things too bored and i guess the majority of the people who spend hours farming would agree. The majority that im talking about isnt forumers, im thinking on begginers and mid game players also who doesn't know about forum. These players interest STS.

Zeus
05-25-2016, 11:19 AM
I'm not going to quote all of that, but yes, I never hid that intention. That's the entire reason why I say it's a skill set. However, that doesn't make any of the points I've made above any less valid. Right now, switching is an option. If you can do it, good for you. If you cannot, it's not a necessity. Lastly, PvE can also hold competition: timed runs.

Felipe Pereira
05-25-2016, 12:36 PM
Roger that.

Zeus
05-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Roger that.

I do respect your opinion though, if it gets implemented...good for you! I just don't think it should be. :)

azagreoralu
05-25-2016, 02:17 PM
Sorry about the confusion i meant to write gear swap not skill, just realized i did. Fixing post now

Gouiwaa9000
05-25-2016, 02:51 PM
I think this is a good way to benefit both sides : implement gear and skill switching , give the button a 4-5s delay ( skills and auto attack will be blocked during the delay ) . This way people who can swap faster keep their advantage , while people who can't will be able to do it with a decent ( for them ) speed . ( Btw , I'm and old player and I also practiced skill and gear swapping , I don't rly like loosing that advantage , but this will really improve the game expirience for like 60% of the game )

Felipe Pereira
05-25-2016, 11:41 PM
I think this is a good way to benefit both sides : implement gear and skill switching , give the button a 4-5s delay ( skills and auto attack will be blocked during the delay ) . This way people who can swap faster keep their advantage , while people who can't will be able to do it with a decent ( for them ) speed . ( Btw , I'm and old player and I also practiced skill and gear swapping , I don't rly like loosing that advantage , but this will really improve the game expirience for like 60% of the game )
Sounds like a solution, good idea. Maybe a little less on this delay but that would solve the issue.
Thanks for share.

Oezheasate
05-26-2016, 05:16 AM

Best idea so far, its rlly an advantage and a skill, now i rejoin clashes with speed set, swap to damage fast and am immediately there to help my team, others who have speed set but dont swap as fast couldnt rejoin and be helping the team as fast as i was.

Felipe Pereira
05-26-2016, 11:12 AM
Looking forward now for this feature after this huge idea of gouiwa. Hope some dev look at it. :D

Cheneblanc
06-03-2016, 03:44 PM
You guys still think this is a bad idea with the new inventory layout? I think it's needed now more than ever.

Zikovsky
06-20-2016, 09:42 PM
In fact my hand already fast enough to swap skills but I will very welcome to this feature suggestion. Maybe rogue user won't get significant benefit from this, but mage user really need it because there are many skills to swap depending on situation (crowd control, running, fight boss, etc). Why against the improvement? Why prefer the trickier one than simple? I think skill replacement swap is more useful than vanity loadout for the game. My conclusion is people who against it are exactly the self-centered one. If sts agree to make it real, u can learn the easy way fasthand groupie.

Suchpinq
06-24-2016, 06:59 AM
Like this IDEA! +1