PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my warrior build.

jonathan4210
05-24-2016, 01:53 PM

At this point, it seems like I can't solo anything anymore. I always have to rely on party members. I know that I am a tank, and that my damage is on the low side, but everything that I try to kill takes FOREVER. I tried planar tombs 1, glintstone caverns, and tindrin 4th level (forgot name). I can't solo. And even though I built a tank, enemies still kill me pretty quickly (magma corridor boss kills me in 2 hits). And all of these enemies that I've encountered are roughly my level (blue circle near their name), so I don't know what to do now. My skills are:

CS 3/5 (no explode or knockback)
Rally 4/5 (no movement speed)
HoR 5/5
Jugg 4/5 (no self-heal)
Durable 5/5
Might 5/5
Knowledge 5/5
Rally Mastery 5/10
HoR Mastery 5/10

mistery
05-25-2016, 02:02 PM
bro u need good gear first,then pet then skill build
go for full potency set,then buy ribbit or loki if you dont afford better pet
i suggest
windmill 5/5
hor 5/5
jugg 5/5
ss 4/5 no mana
5/5 might
5/5 durable
hor mastery 5/10
jugg mastery 5/10
wm mastery 2/10

capeo
05-25-2016, 02:14 PM
I would guess your gear needs an upgrade. As you level up gear gets more and more important.

jonathan4210
05-25-2016, 03:57 PM
I just bought a full set of lv 40 legendary gear. Do I need to start finding mythics now?

capeo
05-25-2016, 04:45 PM
I would wait until you are level 46 for mythics. I'm guessing you don't have jewels in the legendary gear yet and unfortunately I think gears take a jump up in quality at level 41. Even though it takes time you can re-use jewels so start your collection now.

jonathan4210
05-25-2016, 04:57 PM
I would wait until you are level 46 for mythics. I'm guessing you don't have jewels in the legendary gear yet and unfortunately I think gears take a jump up in quality at level 41. Even though it takes time you can re-use jewels so start your collection now.

I have standard nature jewels in my gear, since every bit of health helps. And obviously as a tank build, I wanna focus more on armor than dps, but how much dps do I need to manage in elite levels?

ilhanna
05-25-2016, 07:46 PM
I'm sorry but at 42 with your gear I would say it's next to impossible to solo Tindirin let alone Ren'gol and Planar Tomb.

Here's what I would suggest. Get respec scroll. Use this build for leveling:
Full STR
5/5 might
5/5 durable
4/5 skyward smash (except last upgrade)
4/5 windmill (except last upgrade)
5/5 heal
9/10 windmill mastery (for extra targets)
5/5 vengeful blood (for extra damage, crit and mana return)
3/5 cs (1, 2, 5)
For leveling runs spec vengeful, skyward, windmill, heal. Switch windmill with cs at boss.
Run Tindirin so you can farm jewels. Keep fury jewels and craft them, sell the rest. You can also get teeth this way. If you have no lepre, farm KM3 when you get reroll elixir from Klaas/Shazbot so you can buy good pets (meanwhile get Ribbit--which helps you crit so you can deal more damage--and Loki, which has damage boost and whose arcane ability gives you dex, which helps your damage, crit and dodge).

At 46 get supreme hat potency and forager plates potency, or wicked dead potency. Slot these with fury jewels. Get a good belt and put fury in it too. Get good ring and amulet (I forgot which is which but look out for Prospector, Vigorous, Stalactite for warrior with dex or int secondary stat. Or just look for potency/assault/will type blings with over 47 str. Don't get warfare type. Try get arcane ring). Weapon choice really depends on your budget but aim for Aegis if you want to run elite a lot.

At this point you may want to consider another respec and get juggernaut (5/5). The reason is so that you can farm Ren'gol and Underhul where there are a lot mobs that can stun you (and charged jugg before you rush into mob can protect you against it). Keep upgrading your fury jewels, and if you want to add nature/diamond get high tier ones (fortified or higher). You should have more furies than other kinds of jewels, because your damage and hp comes from str.

ilhanna
05-25-2016, 07:55 PM
For a warrior surviving boss hits is a matter of timing. Make sure your heal is always ready for when boss does red zone attack so when boss hits, you can survive thanks to the two seconds invulnerability. Or get a Kelvin (you can buy in CS or farm it from normal Frostr in Oltgar, Nordr third map). This wolf stuns 100% even at level 1. So when bosses like Alargan (3rd Tindirin boss) does the dangerous red zone attack, hit Kelvin ability and the stun can save you (and your party). Kelvin is very helpful in a lot of elite runs so I highly recommend you get it.

jonathan4210
05-25-2016, 10:50 PM
Thanks for your suggestions :)

For gearing up to farm, should I buy the orc bashing bundle for 70 plat? I dont know what the set gives in terms of stats. Is it worth it?

ilhanna
05-25-2016, 11:47 PM
Thanks for your suggestions :)

For gearing up to farm, should I buy the orc bashing bundle for 70 plat? I dont know what the set gives in terms of stats. Is it worth it?

Don't buy anything you're not sure the stats of.

jonathan4210
05-26-2016, 06:55 AM
Don't buy anything you're not sure the stats of.

Ya, I googled for the bundle and cant find anything. I find that weird.

capeo
05-26-2016, 06:01 PM
It's okay, similar to other good legendary gear. Not all of it is tradeable so it's hard to compare.

jonathan4210
05-27-2016, 08:28 AM
It's okay, similar to other good legendary gear. Not all of it is tradeable so it's hard to compare.

Ya, I just realized you can check the stats from the shop menu, and they look like usual legendaries.

So, should I go full potency, or mix it with assault or security? I find potency the best one, as you get mana and damage, but idk if completely neglecting dex and extra armor is good. I find int > dex for warriors, but thats just me.

capeo
05-27-2016, 09:07 AM
I can't remember the type I used, assault maybe. Whatever gives the most strength and armor.

jonathan4210
05-28-2016, 12:47 PM
Is it ok if I dont use ss? Im trying to use jugg and vb so that I can farm hard places quickly. If not, ill stick with vb.

mistery
05-28-2016, 01:46 PM
aegis is love
aegis is life

capeo
05-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Aegis is lvl 46. I don't use ss either.

jonathan4210
05-29-2016, 12:01 PM
Alright, now here's what I've got:

I didn't summon a pet so that you can see my base stats. I now have full potency gear, and my skills are wm, ss, hor, and vb (with the suggested points to be spent). Are my stats still bad, or at least decent now? It still takes forever to solo planar tombs 1, but I can now manage to solo glintstone caverns. Idk if its suppose to take long to solo the endgame levels, or if im still lacking stats.

Also, should I replace my weapon with galen's maul of warfare? It gives me 70 more damage, which is huge. But I will lose 20 dps, 200 mana, and 120 armor (and I can still die fast, so losing armor might not be safe).

jonathan4210
05-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Man, now I see why jugg would be helpful. Almost everyone stuns where im at. But if I use jugg and vb, I can only have 1 attack skill, and that makes killing a lot longer. Also, jugg has 45 sec cd. Unless it normally takes 45 secs to clear a mob, there will be times that you have to avoid stun yourself anyways with or without jugg. Is there another way to get stun immunity? If there was skill swapping, I would of done 2 loadouts: one with vb and one with jugg, but I can't :(

Hmmm...

capeo
05-30-2016, 02:08 PM
I noticed your almost lvl 46, congratulations. Soon you can upgrade to better gear or wait for 47 and get new underhul gear. Neuro helps with stun, don't know if any other pets do. Vb is an attack skill. Jugg, vb, horn, chest splitter. That's my build. Chest splitter has a quick cool down. Boring build but you live longer. All my masteries are in jugg. Still takes to long to avoid all the stuns in underhul. Once I get Neuro it should help. Only one parchment left:) if you can get swift I would, helps us warriors group mobs.

Once you get mythic gear your stats will improve. Don't worry about dps as much as damage. Search the forum and you will find a lot of good info about that. If you can get arcane sword that is the best. If not aegis. How is the jewel collection going?

jonathan4210
05-30-2016, 04:38 PM
I noticed your almost lvl 46, congratulations. Soon you can upgrade to better gear or wait for 47 and get new underhul gear. Neuro helps with stun, don't know if any other pets do. Vb is an attack skill. Jugg, vb, horn, chest splitter. That's my build. Chest splitter has a quick cool down. Boring build but you live longer. All my masteries are in jugg. Still takes to long to avoid all the stuns in underhul. Once I get Neuro it should help. Only one parchment left:) if you can get swift I would, helps us warriors group mobs.

Once you get mythic gear your stats will improve. Don't worry about dps as much as damage. Search the forum and you will find a lot of good info about that. If you can get arcane sword that is the best. If not aegis. How is the jewel collection going?

I have a few fury jewels. I wanna hunt for more. But at this point where im at, whats my top priority? Doing km3 runs? I still feel very weak in underhul. How exactly do I get mythics?

capeo
05-31-2016, 09:16 AM
The good news is you have options. Plenty of things to do. Unfortunately unless you can just buy everything you are in for a grind. Try to collect the mythic glintstone set. Farm jewels and teeth in tindrin. Locked crates of course. Work on elite levels for eggs and chests. Try the planar tombs and arena. Probably more I am forgetting. Whenever I got bored of one I moved to a different area. No real easy fix.

jonathan4210
05-31-2016, 09:49 AM
The vendor that takes teeth sells lv40 legendaries. I have better. Shouldnt I focus on one of the currencies from the glintstone vendor?

capeo
05-31-2016, 03:13 PM
Dragon teeth for dragon bar not gear. If you start the glintstone quest line for the mythic set you have to make the legendary first. It took me months to get the warlord set. Don't know if it's worth it for you now that underhul is open.

jonathan4210
05-31-2016, 07:23 PM
Dragon teeth for dragon bar not gear. If you start the glintstone quest line for the mythic set you have to make the legendary first. It took me months to get the warlord set. Don't know if it's worth it for you now that underhul is open.

Ya, I've realized underhul is the map that farmers go to (I thought it was both ren'gol and underhul). So, maybe I continue to do just kt4 runs to hit lv50+, and then start worrying about money and mythics?

DLQ
06-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Thats the point Jo, keep doin kt4 till end game and start thinking about achievement, farming for money, gear, etc.

Patient is a key, anything easier at end game