PDA

View Full Version : Kill/Death Ratio?

dwergs
08-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Why is your k/d ratio so important to people? Is it just an elistest thing or do people use it as some kind of reference to see if they should invite you to a group? Just curious cause other than that I don't see a reason for it especially if you solo a lot?

Kraze
08-04-2011, 08:02 PM
All about ego

Haikus
08-04-2011, 08:11 PM
All about ego

This.

And if you see somebody in your party with more deaths, than kills (or something like it). You expect them to do much contributing, then hindrance to the party?

Ex. A 56 bear joins an all 55/56's game, they let him stay because he's dressed in well attire and has 20k or so kills, and hovering 500-1k death, and he's 56 (Makes you think he knows what he's doing. Sometimes, I have more hope in 53's...) . He might have boosted, but he plays poorly, so they don't let him stay another go.

Different case scenario. A 53 bear joins a game, dressed poorly, with 5k kill count and a 4k death ratio. They boot him, immediately, based upon the bad stats and poor gear. Though, he might have done countless training, reason he has high death count and is one of the greatest bears ever. But, you'd never know, because you booted him. When, he just as well, might have a 56 pawnage bear, right under his sleeve.

Does that make sense?

You don't want to have someone slow you down. Most figure if your stats look bad, you'll play poorly. But, if your stats are great, you'll be an asset. My thing is, if you are 55, with less than 100 deaths, you are "damn" good, or you boosted.

Moogerfooger
08-04-2011, 08:15 PM
My thing is, if you are 55, with less than 100 deaths, you are "damn" good, or you boosted.

Or Option C, a master of leaving a game to avoid a death...sadly.

Twinkman
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
This.

And if you see somebody in your party with more deaths, than kills (or something like it). You expect them to do much contributing, then hindrance to the party?

Ex. A 56 bear joins an all 55/56's game, they let him stay because he's dressed in well attire and has 20k or so kills, and hovering 500-1k death, and he's 56 (Makes you think he knows what he's doing. Sometimes, I have more hope in 53's...) . He might have boosted, but he plays poorly, so they don't let him stay another go.

Different case scenario. A 53 bear joins a game, dressed poorly, with 5k kill count and a 4k death ratio. They boot him, immediately, based upon the poor gear and careless gear. Though, he might have done countless training, reason he has high death count and is one of the greatest bears ever. But, you'd never know, because you booted him. When, he just as well, might have a 56 pawnage bear, right under his sleeve.

Does that make sense?

You don't want to have someone slow you down. Most figure if your stats look bad, you'll play poorly. But, if your stats are great, you'll be an asset. My thing is, if you are 55, with less than 100 deaths, you are "damn" good, or you boosted.

Well put haikus :D ill give u rep for that one

Otukura
08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
My thing is, if you are 55, with less than 100 deaths, you are "damn" good

:)

I think at least half of people who have made a second toon after their first capped one could easily level normally with under 100 deaths, but other than that, I agree.

mikecartoons
08-08-2011, 05:07 PM
was lplaying for 3hours then it lagged like mad an i kept dieing i have had loads of deaths now grrrrr

Fyrce
08-08-2011, 07:17 PM
I use it more just to see how much time someone has been spending in game, but other than that. I'll let people prove themselves, assuming it's a random game and not a planned group.

Register
08-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Kdr means nothing. Like hiakus said. Did I spell haikus right? I dont think i did hahah....
what I HATE is when somebody boots a level 48 from sewers. I was in a group with me and two others and the dude booted a level 48. I ask why and he says thats its to let in somebody better. WTF. Debuffs from a level 48 with maxed break armor is NO different from a debuff from a level 55. I remmeber seeing somebody get booted for a bad kdr in pvp. wtf!

PL is a party based mmo. I see nothing wrong with soloing dungeons but when I see a level 45+ with only 5k kills, It reminds me that PL is party based. Either that person boosted OR they actually were in a party.

Otukura
08-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Kdr means nothing. Like hiakus said. Did I spell haikus right? I dont think i did hahah....
what I HATE is when somebody boots a level 48 from sewers. I was in a group with me and two others and the dude booted a level 48. I ask why and he says thats its to let in somebody better. WTF. Debuffs from a level 48 with maxed break armor is NO different from a debuff from a level 55. I remmeber seeing somebody get booted for a bad kdr in pvp. wtf!

A 48 bird will do approx. 60 less damage than a 51-55 bird from what I remember. Say, 10 skills, that's 600 damage less. Say you have 65 crit buffed, that's like a thousand damage less just using all of your skills once, not to mention the terribad weapons.

CrimsonTider
08-08-2011, 10:30 PM
@Haikus - u made me sad. :( my bird has less than 100 deaths! Why hurt me so??? Why?

Otukura
08-08-2011, 10:37 PM
@Haikus - u made me sad. :( my bird has less than 100 deaths! Why hurt me so??? Why?

You are "'damn' good" then.

Pman3255
08-08-2011, 11:13 PM
It's all About ego like the first person said. It's just a dumb stat don't worry about it.

CrimsonTider
08-08-2011, 11:14 PM
LOL Otu! Guess that means I need to make Haikus bow!! Hehe

Ive not had him that long so the deaths will come!

mejslll
08-09-2011, 12:54 AM
kill to death ration shows if a person is agressive, shows if a person solos a lot....

if you solo a lot you may be a pain in the but to fight with till you learn group rules...

and it is just a good way to judge where some one stands as compaired to ever one else.

dont look in to it toooo tooo much

joopiduh
08-09-2011, 02:06 AM
I use it more just to see how much time someone has been spending in game, but other than that. I'll let people prove themselves, assuming it's a random game and not a planned group.

A bit difficult to see though. If you farm at places where you do not get experience, your kill count does not increase, but if you die there, your death rate keeps ticking over.

So if you spend hours and hours farming (and probably dying a bit too), it may seem that you don't play as much, because your kill count is the same, and it may also seem like you don't know what you're doing, because your k/d rate would be poor.

So yeah. k/d rate counts for nothing, which is why I hide it on both my toons.

MightyMicah
08-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Well i have a great k/d ratio, but i don't do it for ego, I just so it so people will respect me...i guess i got tired of being booted by lvl 56s with reason "stupid noob"...

Lesrider
08-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Means nothing, because if you played the game before all the nerfs, it was a LOT easier to die back then. If you tried to pull any of that 0 death 0 kill crap back in the original ao3, you'd have to have some *pretty good* friends not to be booted.

Econodeath
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
As others have said its all about how you play the game not your ratio. I have some great people that invite my lvl 49 all intel mage to join them and they are way higher in lvl. Why I asked one day as we were playing. Their response was simple your fun and you always give it your all and play your part well. Learn your character as best as you can and do your best! You will find your nitch.

Heyyoucooll
08-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Some ppl think tht it matters how good u are i have 600 deaths and im lvl 55 mage but thts cause i soloed until i was 44 ppl try to say i suck but just ignore them

LADYHADASSA
08-17-2011, 04:00 AM
Lol the original a03 before everyone was duel... Mages did suicide missions taking one for the "team" to rez them, then once pallys became popular again still mages ended up going before many ( not all) tanks taking the aggro, healing rezing lol lol.. For the most part kdr is not a big issue, i remeber when i got 3k deaths in my main had 27k kills... Some low lvl sent me a message saing "hahah you have 3k deaths" i said haha i play the game, this coming from one with a higher death ratio than kills. Seriousley in pve unless ur shoing a serious negative i dont see kdr being an issue in play..

Again i would rather play in a mpa of hard working 45-50' then a map with 4 lvl 56 who cant play have 0 skill and are worried about a death...

Blind
08-17-2011, 04:31 AM
My bear has 46k kills and 250 deaths and i leveled it legit way, done shadows caves, was an intel bear, no farming or doing easy dungeons for kills, it doesnt reflect skill, but still looks better than 9k kills 3k deaths. Heheh.

Heyyoucooll
08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Lol the original a03 before everyone was duel... Mages did suicide missions taking one for the "team" to rez them, then once pallys became popular again still mages ended up going before many ( not all) tanks taking the aggro, healing rezing lol lol.. For the most part kdr is not a big issue, i remeber when i got 3k deaths in my main had 27k kills... Some low lvl sent me a message saing "hahah you have 3k deaths" i said haha i play the game, this coming from one with a higher death ratio than kills. Seriousley in pve unless ur shoing a serious negative i dont see kdr being an issue in play..

Again i would rather play in a mpa of hard working 45-50' then a map with 4 lvl 56 who cant play have 0 skill and are worried about a death...

That mage was me when i started with other ppl

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 06:45 AM
The kill/death stat I think can give you a quick look at what the player may be like. To a lot of you, the stat is meaningless and all about ego. I can't totally agree with you on that. You can play your main all the way through, get knowledgeable on how to play and create an alt after that. You're going to want to play even better than your last character so you are smarter and you get less deaths the second go around. Or maybe you're doing it for personal reasons. Who knows why each and every player cares about their ratio. It's not up to us to decide for them whether the stat is important or not.

If it really bothers you, you can always buy platinum and hide the stats for 2 plat. Not very much. Tons of games like this have this ratio and in every game it's important for one reason or another.

LADYHADASSA
08-22-2011, 08:10 AM
That mage was me when i started with other ppl

add me up ill farm with you anytime! I love mages who are not afraid to take one for the team, bears who are able to tank and a dex who knows just where and when to blast! anyone who knows their skills and plays them accordingly can rock any map in a short period of time.

StompArtist
08-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Why is your k/d ratio so important to people? Is it just an elistest thing or do people use it as some kind of reference to see if they should invite you to a group? Just curious cause other than that I don't see a reason for it especially if you solo a lot?

Personally the only reason I worry about my k/d ratio on some of my toons is because there are so few quests and the quests are so easily completed that the k/d ration becomes a little perk to keep on playing... just a game to amuse myself with. I couldn't care less about other folks k/d ratios as long as they play well and are fun to play with...

Snub
09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
I can’t imagine how you can get to level 60+ with a bird and have under 100 deaths?! UNLESS you have a lot of STR OR… you sit back and do little.

I have a full dex bird with 18251 kills, 1352 deaths. I don’t sit back, I’m in front of the pack nuking everything… often the pack catches me and everything is already dead. I can use some 200-400 health pots an hr?!
If I saw someone in my group @ level 60+ and 100 deaths I would think they boosted OR I am going to be doing all the killing. :( I just can’t help but feel that if you contribute to the group you will have deaths… it happens.

Sun
09-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Because my 15k kills on zombies in FH mean I'm awesome at this game!

CrimsonTider
09-15-2011, 05:29 PM
If I saw someone in my group @ level 60+ and 100 deaths I would think they boosted OR I am going to be doing all the killing. :( I just can’t help but feel that if you contribute to the group you will have deaths… it happens.

OR you run with efficient teams who know what their roles are and thus, deaths rarely occur. My birds have niether been boosted and match your criteria. Not all toons with incredible kdr's are boosted and I know quite a few who do a fair amount of killing.

Palyna
09-20-2011, 12:31 AM
it is very easy to get killed while learning how to play a map. But after each death, it also make us understand the map better, especially when soloing.

I look more into the kill count than death, a player with high kill count shows at least he/she has got some skills in killing mobs.