PDA

View Full Version : Spell Range@Standing Still VS Moving Target

Whirlzap
08-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I've always wondered about spell ranges for mages and shots for birds.
I'm gonna look at a few scenarios:
Mage standing still VS Bird standing still, close range, result is both skills used connect
Mage running, bird chasing, close range, result is mage skills connect, bird skills also connect
Mage running, bird chasing, far range, result is mage skills connect, bird skills do not connect
Mage standing still VS Bird standing still, far range, result is bird skills connect, mage skills do not
Bird running, mage chasing, close range, result is both skills connect
Bird running, mage chasing, far range, bird skills connect, mage skills do not

So now I wonder if casting a spell backwards at a chasing opponent, who is chasing you when you are running, gives more range to the spell.
It seems a lot like that to me.
Can anyone explain?

noobmigo
08-05-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty sure if you cast Drain Life at an Avian/Warrior in DL range, and then they repulse/stomp you out of DL Range, before it hits, Drain STILL hits.

So yeah, it does give you more range. Also, this is the case when you repulse and thorn in quick succession, I think SOMETIMES it thorns out of range. I'm not very good with the distances though.

kobebean
08-05-2011, 08:30 PM
All spells are calculated in terms of range at the exact moment the caster presses the spell. Time delays coupled with moving can create pretty ridiculous results. For example, I cast drain from 12m away, then press fire from 12m away. Right after I press fire, my opponent and I start running away from each other. Due to time delays, I end up killing my opponent from what seems like 20m away. Then they call hax.

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 08:39 PM
All spells are calculated in terms of range at the exact moment the caster presses the spell. Time delays coupled with moving can create pretty ridiculous results. For example, I cast drain from 12m away, then press fire from 12m away. Right after I press fire, my opponent and I start running away from each other. Due to time delays, I end up killing my opponent from what seems like 20m away. Then they call hax.

Exactly, it's all on the distance at the exact moment of skill use.

Whirlzap
08-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Alright thanks for the info!
I was wondering how I killed bears with Frostbite/Drain after they stomped me halfway across the map0_0