PDA

View Full Version : Balefort Sewers Bear Duel Tournament

Pages : [1] 2

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Balefort Sewers Bear Duel Tournament

Congrats to Hahahahabirdy IGN: Theloveguru For winning it all!

Second Place : Mysticaldream IGN: Hotdream

Runner Ups : Eversor IGN: Occisor and Alwaysdtf IGN: Twentyfoursev

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/dragonbetu/1ef96dbd.jpg

The tournament is filled up and has started!

Please check the tournament link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php?do=view&id=4
and look for your match-up!

Fortunately, the system auto-randomized the match-ups as soon as the tournament filled up, so the matches are totally random.

A few things to do to organize your matches:

1. Contact your opponent as soon as you can. In-game or forums, the quicker the duels are done, the better.

2. Agree on a duel time. If you manage to contact your opponent, I don't see why you can't duel right then and there unless you were on the move or something.

3. Once agreed, please do one of the following:

Both opponents post in the thread stating the agreed time. eg, X versus Y at GMT # o'clock. It would help if you would tell me in how many hours the match is happening, 24 hours, 26 hours, etc.

Have a conversation (in-game or forums) both agreeing to a duel time and have one of the competitors post the screenshot to the thread. Note: Both characters used must be the bear.

4. Once the duel finishes, the winner (or a very sportsmanlike loser) must post the screenshot of the score on the thread. An alternative is for the loser to admit defeat on the thread if both players cannot take screenshots on their device. (Screenshot preferred though).

5. The tournament thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32742-Balefort-Sewers-Bear-Duel-Tournament) will be used as the base of proof for the tournament. Players who are accused by their opponent for delaying, refusing to agree on a time, or not responding at all outright, and FAIL to defend themselves or respond in the thread, will be disqualified. Players who wrongly accuse to try and get an easy win, will be disqualified. Do note, that any sort of unsportsmanship or rude behavior will result to disqualification.

6. Any problems that cannot be solved within the thread should be messaged to me directly. Please keep the tournament thread flame/drama free.

And in the cheezy, most common, way:

Have fun!!! :D :D :D

How to Join:

Tournament FULL and in-progress.

When to play:

Throughout the week, August 8-12. The release of Star Legends could alter this, will keep you guys posted. If SL doesn't release, it ends on 12 August, Friday. If it does, it may be extended to over the weekend.
Once the tournament starts, players matched up must organize a time to duel and take a photo of it for proof. Post the agreed time to the tournament thread.
At the end of the match you MUST take a screencapture of the score
Post the screencapture of the score of the match to the Tournament thread and I'll update the standings of the Tournament.
Rules:

First no-show on agreed duel time, you can re-schedule. Second time, no-show is disqualified.
​Poor sportsmanship, smack talk or other tomfoolery will result in disqualification.
This is a DUELING tournament. No rushing, no jumping on the gun when he's not looking. Both players start with fresh buffs, full health, and reset cool downs. Any sort of confirmed rushing will lead to disqualification.
Any sort of wrongful and false accusation towards cheating, rushing, non-responsive, or delaying behavior will lead to disqualification. Climb the table through winning and not cheating.

Scorekeeping:

We'll keep track of the tournament via the Competition tracker located at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/competitions.php
Prizes:

Grand Prize: 100 Platinum and a forum title of "Da Bear" + 1 Million Gold donated by "Nzdevil".

Finalist and Semi-Finalists: The players that make it through to the last rounds will get 20 Platinum each.

Current Bears
Forum Name / (Bear Name)

1. KaotiicxDream (Sandyxravage)
2. Kraze (Krazeboss)
3. Slush (Slush)
4. Alwaysdtf (Twentyfoursev)
5. JaytB (Ikungfupanda)
6. Tamino (NapoOrsoCapo)
7. Mysticaldream (Hotdream)
8. CrimsonTider (Crimsontider)
9. Survivorfan (Survivorfan)
10. Silentarrow (Silentslash)
11. MoogerFooger (Paleriderz)
12. Mennddoza (Bluexninja)
13. drewcapu (drewcapu)
14. Conradin (Conradin)
15. Eversor (Occisor)
16. Buddyf97 (Buddyf)
17. Cloakker (Cloakker)
18. kurl (Kurl)
19. nybblets (Nybbear)
20. ReddWolfAK (Reddwolfak)
21. brian_spence_ni (Zaghorakis)
22. Apollo (Bodyguardz)
23. The Flash (Darkpiccolo)
24. skavenger216 (Skavengr)
25. crissshafter (Jluajaiety)
26. Hahahahabirdy (Theloveguru)
27. Mang (Debowe)
28. Ovocotto (Ovocotto)
29. Twinkman (Twinkman)
30. Haikus (Hiukin)
31. Chung Han (Vietnamsalut)
32. YYZ???? (Yyzbear)

To keep track of the tournament, view the standings here!

Tournament Standings

(http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php?do=view&id=4)Agreed Duel Times:

KaotiicxDream
08-05-2011, 02:47 AM
I joined ! hehe :D This is going to be fun ;-)

EDIT: The name is Sandyxravage .. Bears ROCK for sure!

Kraze
08-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Now to rework build to try to kill things instead of running...

Slush
08-05-2011, 03:06 AM
Joined.

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Thanks guys.

Still experimenting with all the settings and tournament types, so things could still change. Sam might also have different things in mind, so please bare with me if things change :)

AbsolutePally
08-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Woot, used the Plat I won to level my bear to 55. Ign twentyfoursev

JaytB
08-05-2011, 03:48 AM

Will be playing on: Ikungfupanda

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Since I can't seem to find a way to include a character name when I register for the tournament, please post the Bear character name that you will be using here. I will update the first post with your Forum Name / Bear Name.

Thank you!

Edit:

What do you guys think of the duration? Any suggestions or preferences?

I'm rethinking holding it on the weekdays because of work or other commitments, but not sure on making the duration too long either. Let me know.

Kraze
08-05-2011, 04:53 AM
I will be using "krazeboss"

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 04:56 AM

Thanks Kraze.

I messaged Sam to give the tourney and thread a check, just to make sure everything will go well and is done right, hopefully hear back from him within a few hours. So please bare with how amateur the tourney is as of now :p

JaytB
08-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Thanks Kraze.

I messaged Sam to give the tourney and thread a check, just to make sure everything will go well and is done right, hopefully hear back from him within a few hours. So please bare with how amateur the tourney is as of now :p

It looks pretty pro in my book already ;)

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 05:15 AM
It looks pretty pro in my book already ;)

Ha ha :p

Btw, how's the time of the tournament for you? As you work etc. Im thinking the duration needs the most thought, before all the team matching.

Kraze
08-05-2011, 05:25 AM

Thanks Kraze.

Everything looks good ::fingers crossed:: I have high hopes all the drama will be saved for the matches and not for the forum.

Tamino
08-05-2011, 05:26 AM
IGN NapoOrsoCapo, lev. 56: a fresh PVP noobbear (0 kill / 0 deaths), I'll try to do some practice this weekend. Next week I'm on vacation so no work problems, but I'm in GMT+1...

KingFu
08-05-2011, 05:51 AM
I'll give it a shot

Prediction: Out first round:o

Ign: hotdream

CrimsonTider
08-05-2011, 05:52 AM
In!! CrimsonTider is ready to roll!!

Also, setup, timeframe, size looks good with the exception of one thing: Numbers. A 50 team tourney will require a number of "byes" which may cause some conflict (a.k.a. whiners.) I would look to either expanding the tourney to 64 or lowering it to 32 and make it double elimination (a winner and losers bracket where the "winner" of the loser's bracket will face the "winner" of the winners bracket.) Trust me, will make your life a WHOLE lot easier. I can help collaborate with you if you need help setting that up.

Thanks for hosting this and thanks to the devs for supporting it!

CrimsonTider
08-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Woot, used the Plat I won to level my bear to 55. Ign twentyfoursev

That was you last night?? LOL We could NEVER die! lol

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Welcome guys! :)

In!! CrimsonTider is ready to roll!!

Also, setup, timeframe, size looks good with the exception of one thing: Numbers. A 50 team tourney will require a number of "byes" which may cause some conflict (a.k.a. whiners.) I would look to either expanding the tourney to 64 or lowering it to 32 and make it double elimination (a winner and losers bracket where the "winner" of the loser's bracket will face the "winner" of the winners bracket.) Trust me, will make your life a WHOLE lot easier. I can help collaborate with you if you need help setting that up.

Thanks for hosting this and thanks to the devs for supporting it!

That's true. You mean too many players for a single elimination would mean a really lengthy tourney right?

Double elimination means two brackets? Much like the East vs West NBA finals? I thought it meant all players play each other twice, double elimination sounds best if I was wrong!

The only issue I see now is if we end up with an odd number of participants. If that's the case, I'll join in :p

Survivorfan
08-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Disregard my pm, IGN: Survivorfan

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Disregard my pm, IGN: Survivorfan

Lol, just replied to it too. But all good! If I remember right, we have about 12 participants now.

Silentarrow
08-05-2011, 06:22 AM
IGN: Silentslash.
Great tournament idea Elly.

Moogerfooger
08-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Joined. targetpracticebear name is Paleriderz :D

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 06:31 AM
All in! Thanks guys :)

Btw, I'm hoping that when I start the tourney, the feature auto-randomizes the match-ups. If not, I'll have to do it myself when the tournament starts. I won't reveal yet how, just letting everyone know :p

CrimsonTider
08-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Welcome guys! :)

That's true. You mean too many players for a single elimination would mean a really lengthy tourney right?

Double elimination means two brackets? Much like the East vs West NBA finals? I thought it meant all players play each other twice, double elimination sounds best if I was wrong!

The only issue I see now is if we end up with an odd number of participants. If that's the case, I'll join in :p

The explanation will be rather lengthy. :) Want me to pm it to you or post here for all to see and provide feedback?

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 06:39 AM
The explanation will be rather lengthy. :) Want me to pm it to you or post here for all to see and provide feedback?

You don't have to :) I'm hoping I understood it from your winner-loser explanation. Basically split all players into two brackets, the winners of those brackets face each other for finals, semi finals are the matches before that. Yes? :D

CrimsonTider
08-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Yes and no. I'll keep it short:

Making a bracket is like working a math problem: each player must always have an opponent and end the end there can only be one. For now,you're planning for 50. When building a bracket, your total start number needs to be a MULTIPLE of 2. The reason for this is ensure "pairs" always exist. However, you will need to do backwards math in deciding your total number of entries. Using your currentfinal number, let's do the math:

50/2 = 25

As we see, there is a problem. Everyone gets to play in the first round but the second round would have to have a bye because of the odd number. This equals problems. Now, use reverse math. Again, we knkw we need to have one winner, now we just need to know how many bears to rock this party. Remember, multiples of 2:

2 - 4 - 8 - 16 - 32 - 64 and so on.

So basically, you take the last number and multiply by 2. This will ensure a equal number of opportunitys for all involved. For a good visual of this, google the NCAA Basketball Championships brackets. This is a 64 team bracket which couod give you a template to use.

Hope this helps!

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Yes and no. I'll keep it short:

Making a bracket is like working a math problem: each player must always have an opponent and end the end there can only be one. For now,you're planning for 50. When building a bracket, your total start number needs to be a MULTIPLE of 2. The reason for this is ensure "pairs" always exist. However, you will need to do backwards math in deciding your total number of entries. Using your currentfinal number, let's do the math:

50/2 = 25

As we see, there is a problem. Everyone gets to play in the first round but the second round would have to have a bye because of the odd number. This equals problems. Now, use reverse math. Again, we knkw we need to have one winner, now we just need to know how many bears to rock this party. Remember, multiples of 2:

2 - 4 - 8 - 16 - 32 - 64 and so on.

So basically, you take the last number and multiply by 2. This will ensure a equal number of opportunitys for all involved. For a good visual of this, google the NCAA Basketball Championships brackets. This is a 64 team bracket which couod give you a template to use.

Hope this helps!

I get it! Genius :)

Will check the edit options when I get home, I'll make the number close enough since I can edit it anytime anyway. 32 sounds a lot while 16 sounds too little though.. :(

KaotiicxDream
08-05-2011, 07:18 AM
I get it! Genius :)

Will check the edit options when I get home, I'll make the number close enough since I can edit it anytime anyway. 32 sounds a lot while 16 sounds too little though.. :(

I agree then I got the idea of groups.. Not teams with 2v2 still 1v1.. It's like soccer tournaments.. U start out in groups with 4-5 players in each. Every player in each group must fight each other once and each win is gaining a number of points and the two best ppl in each group (the two with most points) are moving on into this "tree" as Crimson described. This strategy makes the numbers as 20,24 and 25 available.. This might make the tournament longer instead of starting out with the "tree"..

But this is just an idea..

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Yeah true :)

I'll wait a bit more to let more people in, worst case is we'll have to do the groups thing.

Tamino
08-05-2011, 07:27 AM
I like "group" idea (it is used in soccer World Cup tournament) because it allows even the worst player to play at least a game against any other in his group, instead of being eliminated after the first game. More fun for noobs like me!

<edit> This is why it is used in soccer World Cup; Europe and South America soccer teams are much better than others, but emerging country can show on themselves.

KaotiicxDream
08-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Yeah true :)

I'll wait a bit more to let more people in, worst case is we'll have to do the groups thing.

Just one question.. How familiar are you with those ways to make tournaments?

EDIT:

I like "group" idea (it is used in soccer Word Cup tournament) because it allows even the worst player to play at least a game against any other in his group, instead of being eliminated after the first game. More fun for noobs like me!

Haha, true, true.. I'm not the greatest PvP'er either only beat a bird with the name "Generalriggs" once 7-1 to me.. I used my melee tank outfit .. And he used his Dex outfit but me Dodge % seemed to be a prob for him lol.. My PvP score are like 55 kills 115 deaths haha

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Making them, not so much experience. Played in them countless times though, been competing in soccer since I was a kid :)

Totally random grouping though right? I don't see a way in how I can determine a fair grouping other than random.

CrimsonTider
08-05-2011, 07:42 AM
I like the World Cup style grouping! You woukd need either 4 or 8 grouos with too two advancing from each group into a singke eliminatiin bracket. I think 32 would be a great number as 16 is a little small. I like how everyone is pitching in.

And yes, just group us randomly. With the crew who have signed up now I dont forsee any issues regarding "fairness".

AbsolutePally
08-05-2011, 07:44 AM
That was you last night?? LOL We could NEVER die! lol

ha! yes, it was fun. My build is pretty wicked, idk how I will fair vs bears however. Not much experience in that field. May need to move a ring over from my pally.
You better believe that my guild members bears will enter too. Jcolt and Debowe. They share my build :) Good luck to all.

KaotiicxDream
08-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Making them, not so much experience. Played in them countless times though, been competing in soccer since I was a kid :)

Totally random grouping though right? I don't see a way in how I can determine a fair grouping other than random.

I can help you making this tree if you want just pm me :-)
I can help you randomize unless you got a good way to do it yourself ;-)

I like the World Cup style grouping! You woukd need either 4 or 8 grouos with too two advancing from each group into a singke eliminatiin bracket. I think 32 would be a great number as 16 is a little small. I like how everyone is pitching in.

And yes, just group us randomly. With the crew who have signed up now I dont forsee any issues regarding "fairness".

The two from each group that are moving, their matches are now randomized again for the "tree".. I'm glad u liked the idea :-D

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 08:17 AM

So no matter what type of method I use, I would still need the same numbers right? 16 or 32, since the backward maths would still explain everything?

ha! yes, it was fun. My build is pretty wicked, idk how I will fair vs bears however. Not much experience in that field. May need to move a ring over from my pally.
You better believe that my guild members bears will enter too. Jcolt and Debowe. They share my build :) Good luck to all.

Sounds good! Please tell them to enter via forums, since only the people registered here then the tournament will be able to participate :)

I can help you making this tree if you want just pm me :-)
I can help you randomize unless you got a good way to do it yourself ;-)

The two from each group that are moving, their matches are now randomized again for the "tree".. I'm glad u liked the idea :-D

I will definitely need help if I can't do it alone! Thank you :)

Mennddoza
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
My bear... Bluexninja

KaotiicxDream
08-05-2011, 08:38 AM
So no matter what type of method I use, I would still need the same numbers right? 16 or 32, since the backward maths would still explain everything?

I will definitely need help if I can't do it alone! Thank you :)

The numbers 16 or 32 aren't the only way if you choose to use the group method.

I'll be here at anytime to help you out ;-) Just send me a pm here on forums or pm me in-game.. I'll add ur bear in PL if alright? Ellyidol is your bear's name right?

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 08:44 AM
The numbers 16 or 32 aren't the only way if you choose to use the group method.

I'll be here at anytime to help you out ;-) Just send me a pm here on forums or pm me in-game.. I'll add ur bear in PL if alright? Ellyidol is your bear's name right?

Do you mind explaining on the thread about the numbers possible for the group? :)

It'd help if everyone got a chance to read why, IMO :D Hope it's not too much to ask.

Since we're grouping and its 1v1, I'd assume groups need to be either 4 or 8 people? Then at least 2, 4, or 8 groups too?

drewcapu
08-05-2011, 09:08 AM
I don't PvP at all but this sounds like a good excuse to try it out, especially on my silly pure str bear.

Sounds fun!

drewcapu / drewcapu

I'm on the west coast. Mon & Tue will be the toughest days for me to get any playing time

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't PvP at all but this sounds like a good excuse to try it out, especially on my silly pure str bear.

Sounds fun!

drewcapu / drewcapu

I'm on the west coast. Mon & Tue will be the toughest days for me to get any playing time

Welcome!

Should be fine, hopefully times work out by that time.

Mennddoza
08-05-2011, 09:41 AM
what if my lock button is jacked up??

Kraze
08-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Ugh no drama....I always knew it's those darn archers that caused the proplems. But I don't wanna flame or anything 8)

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 09:47 AM
what if my lock button is jacked up??

What's the lock button for?

Ugh no drama....I always knew it's those darn archers that caused the proplems. But I don't wanna flame or anything 8)

Have to agree though, any sort of drama will unfortunately lead to an automatic disqualification. If problems arise, should be messaged between the players and myself, IMO. No need to start anything :)

Conradin
08-05-2011, 10:23 AM
IM in on Conradin.

Eversor
08-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I would like to join on my bear. Ign is Occisor.

Silentarrow
08-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Just hit 54 on my bear :D. One to go!

CrimsonTider
08-05-2011, 11:19 AM
@Elly - The math does work out a little different using Sandy's method. Your final bracket would have to be predetermined based on total entries. For example: if you have 20 bears enter, u dont want to have a 16 bear final bracket. Might as well put them all into one bracket. My opinion would be to make a final bracket of 8 if u have less than 30 bears enter and a final bracket of 16 for more than 30.

The next is group division. You could have 3-5 bears in a group. Each bear fights each other one time and the top two are placed into your final bracket. If there is a record tie where u have three bears with the same record, then they coukd each fight again to settle the final two.

Just remeber ur final BRACKET would have to contain 8, 16, or 32 for the math to work out correctly.

Sandy, feel free to add more bro.

Buddyf97
08-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I would love to join! Add buddyf! Buddyf is the bear name

WhoIsThis
08-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Can I join a game to watch?

Cloakker
08-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Am in. Thank you for making this possible. Let the best bear win.:encouragement:

kurl
08-05-2011, 03:50 PM
count me in lv 55 bear ign kurl

Moogerfooger
08-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Do you mind explaining on the thread about the numbers possible for the group? :)

It'd help if everyone got a chance to read why, IMO :D Hope it's not too much to ask.

Since we're grouping and its 1v1, I'd assume groups need to be either 4 or 8 people? Then at least 2, 4, or 8 groups too?

Stick with groups of 4, if this group idea is the way it ends up. Group of 8 is too big and would require 7 matches each just to get out of Group play to the "tree". And getting that many "group" matches together with all the time zones involved = trouble waiting to happen.

nybblets
08-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Joined! Sounds like a good time! I'll be using Nybbear

ReddWolfAK
08-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I shall be using Reddwolfak

Mennddoza
08-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Taking a picture

brian_spence_ni
08-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Just signed on to this, and though I'm fairly hopeless at PvP, I'm excited. My dexBear is called Zaghorakis, and my timezone is GMT.

Zeus
08-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll join with Bodyguardz.

JaytB
08-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Make sure you're not on that crappy connection you were using before ;)

The Flash
08-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Darkpiccolo lv 52 entering

Moogerfooger
08-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Finally, someone I can beat.

(ha!)

skavenger216
08-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I hardly ever pvp, but why not, ill try it! I'll be joining on Skavengr. I'm on an Android and dont have any way of taking screens, if that's a problem let me know plz :)

Zeus
08-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Make sure you're not on that crappy connection you were using before ;)

Rofl, it was hard for me to even be beckoning! 600 stable ping~. Kinda sucked. I hate my 3G in class. Heh. If you're on later though, I'll definitely look for a rematch :).

Dirtymonkey_666
08-05-2011, 06:30 PM
i'll donate 1,000,000 gold for the grand prize

Zeus
08-05-2011, 06:38 PM

DANG! Nz, you quitting or something :(? I remember having a few runs with you. Stand up guy, IMO.

Dirtymonkey_666
08-05-2011, 06:40 PM
DANG! Nz, you quitting or something :(? I remember having a few runs with you. Stand up guy, IMO.

won't be quitting, will keep playing once in a blue moon, just using my new bird.

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Added everyone!

Holy cow, with just one sleep and an FB announcement, 32 bears seems very very possible now! Thank you everyone for participating! :)

Dirtymonkey_666 (Nzdevil) donated 1Million Gold for the Grand Prize! This should make the tourney more competitive, thanks heaps to him! :)

@Elly - The math does work out a little different using Sandy's method. Your final bracket would have to be predetermined based on total entries. For example: if you have 20 bears enter, u dont want to have a 16 bear final bracket. Might as well put them all into one bracket. My opinion would be to make a final bracket of 8 if u have less than 30 bears enter and a final bracket of 16 for more than 30.

The next is group division. You could have 3-5 bears in a group. Each bear fights each other one time and the top two are placed into your final bracket. If there is a record tie where u have three bears with the same record, then they coukd each fight again to settle the final two.

Just remeber ur final BRACKET would have to contain 8, 16, or 32 for the math to work out correctly.

Sandy, feel free to add more bro.

Stick with groups of 4, if this group idea is the way it ends up. Group of 8 is too big and would require 7 matches each just to get out of Group play to the "tree". And getting that many "group" matches together with all the time zones involved = trouble waiting to happen.

Have to agree with Moog, need to keep it short-ish too since the tourney might be, hopefully not, simultaneous with the SL release.

In that case, 32-64 still seems like the right number? Even with grouping, but quick 1v1 eliminations, I still seem to get 32 or 64 as the required number. Sound right? D:

Can I join a game to watch?

Of course! Just coordinate with the duelists and ask them :)

Thank you!!!

PS : Just want to reinforce that to successfully join the tourney, please "Join Tournament" and post your Bear IGN here so I can add you to the list.

Register
08-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Can I join if I am a dual spec str dex avain and use my str gear? LOL.I mean....thats kidna like a bear!

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Can I join if I am a dual spec str dex avain and use my str gear? LOL.I mean....thats kidna like a bear!

If you can Beckon, sure ;)

Moogerfooger
08-05-2011, 07:36 PM

You do not have bear skills though. I think the purpose of this is bear v bear only ;)

crissshafter
08-05-2011, 07:46 PM
HOW do i add my bear name to enter the contest my bear name is Jluajaiety lvl52

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 07:50 PM
HOW do i add my bear name to enter the contest my bear name is Jluajaiety lvl52

Just list your IGN here, then join the tournament with your forum account. I'll link them together and update the first post.

crissshafter
08-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I want to join the contest my bear name is JLUAJAIETY

Hahahahabirdy
08-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I'll join with theloveguru :O

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I want to join the contest my bear name is JLUAJAIETY

Noted, please join the Tournament via the Tournament link in the first post :)

I'll join with theloveguru :O

Added!

PS. There are a few players who expressed interest to join and gave me the IGNs, just didn't join the tournament yet, please do when you can! :)

mejslll
08-05-2011, 09:35 PM
do we make our own teams or what? and if any body needs a me on a team let me know... i can use bow or tank...'

see you there

tubbles1995
08-05-2011, 09:38 PM
i will be useing friasaban

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 09:39 PM
do we make our own teams or what? and if any body needs a me on a team let me know... i can use bow or tank...'

see you there

Just join the tournament with your forum account and post your bear IGN here.

Silentarrow
08-05-2011, 10:09 PM
So... Anyone want to give a spoiler on what builds they're using? I'll give a hint, I'm going str :D.

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm thinking of cutting down the allowed participants to 32. Right now, we're only 6 short of 32.

What do you guys think? I'm just concerned on going over 32, since it'd mean that organizing player matches would be too complicated and extended the tournament too long.

32 sounds a lot no?

Conradin
08-05-2011, 10:18 PM
32 sounds pimpin.

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah I'll tentatively set it to 32. Unless we get a huge inflow of participating bears, I think 32 is quite a lot already.

Silentarrow
08-05-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm thinking of cutting down the allowed participants to 32. Right now, we're only 6 short of 32.

What do you guys think? I'm just concerned on going over 32, since it'd mean that organizing player matches would be too complicated and extended the tournament too long.

32 sounds a lot

Sounds good, the less opponents the higher chamce I have to win, not that I won't win any ways :D.

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Sounds good, the less opponents the higher chamce I have to win, not that I won't win any ways :D.

You'll still need to win 5 duels to be "Da Bear"!!!! :D

Edit:

I'm getting some people joining the tournament without any response on the thread for IGNs or anything, unfortunately these players will be removed from the tourney. I'd want all the players in the tourney to be participants, and not just slot-takers.

So again, if you are truly interested in joining the tournament, please post your IGN here + join the tournament. That will assure you of your slot in the 32.

CrimsonTider
08-05-2011, 10:50 PM
I think 32 is a good number for a first tourney. You've done a great job putting this all together.

On a side note, it was fun pvping with ya tonight. Too bad we were 2v3 most of the time! :)

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I think 32 is a good number for a first tourney. You've done a great job putting this all together.

On a side note, it was fun pvping with ya tonight. Too bad we were 2v3 most of the time! :)

Thanks! I couldn't have done it without your help explaining the numbers earlier :)

And yes, it was definitely fun! Despite the ping spikes and the "unwanted presence" :p

CrimsonTider
08-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks! I couldn't have done it without your help explaining the numbers earlier :)

And yes, it was definitely fun! Despite the ping spikes and the "unwanted presence" :p

LMAO! I lol'ed at the hater comment!

Ellyidol
08-05-2011, 10:56 PM
LMAO! I lol'ed at the hater comment!

It's true! More details on that in private. Inbox :)

Cloakker
08-06-2011, 12:04 AM
You'll still need to win 5 duels to be "Da Bear"!!!! :D

Edit:

I'm getting some people joining the tournament without any response on the thread for IGNs or anything, unfortunately these players will be removed from the tourney. I'd want all the players in the tourney to be participants, and not just slot-takers.

So again, if you are truly interested in joining the tournament, please post your IGN here + join the tournament. That will assure you of your slot in the 32.What do your mean by IGNs?

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 12:07 AM
What do your mean by IGNs?

In Game Names.

Since you can only register to the tournament using your forum name, some players might have different names for their bear vs their forum name, so I need both to fully register you for the tournament.

IGN of your Bear + Join the Tournament using your forum name.

You're fine, I got your names down. There are 3 names in the first post that haven't done both yet.

Twinkman
tubbles1995
mejsll

Please do both, Join Tournament + give me your bear IGN (if you only do one, you will not be registered).

Cloakker
08-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Oh ok thanks.

Twinkman
08-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Ign: Twinkman

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Ign: Twinkman

Rejoin the tournament, since I removed those not fully confirmed. Thanks :)

Slush
08-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Hey, my bears name is slush. Thanks.

Mang
08-06-2011, 05:24 AM
I would like to join. Bear name Debowe

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Hey, my bears name is slush. Thanks.

Got it, thanks!

I would like to join. Bear name Debowe

Noted, added. Thank you!

Still NOT fully registered:

1. Twinkman (has not joined the tournament, IGN given).
2. mejsll (has not joined the tournament, IGN given).
3. tubbles1995 (has not joined the tournament, IGN given).
4. Ovocotto (has not given IGN, joined the tournament).

If you aren't fully registered by the end of registration or the 32 fills up, I'll have to remove you.

Ovocotto
08-06-2011, 08:03 AM
IGN ovocotto

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 08:04 AM
IGN ovocotto

That was quick, thank you :)

Ovocotto
08-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Haha:)

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 08:51 AM
4 more slots left!

If the 3 semi-registered bears complete their registration, we'll only have one slot left! :)

If that one slot doesn't fill up by the end of registration, we'll find someone :)

CrimsonTider
08-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Elly,

Mejsll's bear in game is "Mejsll"... played against him/her a little last night.

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Elly,

Mejsll's bear in game is "Mejsll"... played against him/her a little last night.

Yeah I think he/she mentioned in the thread, but he/she hasn't actually joined the tournament via link :(

CrimsonTider
08-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Ahh.. ok.

If I see in-game (not a friend), I will spread let them know.

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Ahh.. ok.

If I see in-game (not a friend), I will spread let them know.

Thank you! :) I've actually sent forum messages to the three, I guess they don't check forums often though.

Register
08-06-2011, 11:00 AM
If you can Beckon, sure ;)

I have beckon! Its just disguised as an arrow. And mines v 2.0! It has an effect that lowers your hit percent! And I even have stomp! It is v.20 that does extra damage and knocks you backwards! And its one target....but can i join!! xD

Kraze
08-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Elly,

I saw him/her in balefort last night and tried to walk them through the process bit it felt like something was getting lost in translation so to speak

Haikus
08-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Is there any room for one more? I would've signed up earlier, but I didn't known it'd catch on so fast. (I saw you post it.)

Anyway, if I can.

IGN: Hiukin. 52 bear.

Doing it for the lulz.

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I saw him/her in balefort last night and tried to walk them through the process bit it felt like something was getting lost in translation so to speak

I see. I don't want to seem condescending or anything, but if he/she can't even register properly for the tourney, I'd imagine he/she would have a hard time coordinating for a duel time and/or posting a winning picture :(

Is there any room for one more? I would've signed up earlier, but I didn't known it'd catch on so fast. (I saw you post it.)

Anyway, if I can.

IGN: Hiukin. 52 bear.

Doing it for the lulz.

Definitely room, I'm on mobile now so I can only list your IGN. Please join the tourney through the forums, tourney link in the first post :D

Haikus
08-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm on mobile, too. But I joined the tourney.

Thanks, for putting this together. Hope all goes well.

It's really nice.

:)

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm on mobile, too. But I joined the tourney.

Thanks, for putting this together. Hope all goes well.

It's really nice.

:)

Saw the entry! Editing into first post now :)

2 more slots everyone! I will set the max for 35 for now since I'm going to bed. The first TWO bears who can fully register (IGN here + Join Tournament via forum) gets the last two slots.

I'll leave it at 35 until the morning so people don't just Join Tournament to take the slots and ruin the chances of others.

Good luck!

Kraze
08-06-2011, 11:31 AM
I agree elly. I know the tournament portion of the forum is fairly new but the instructions were pretty clear

Chung Han
08-06-2011, 11:37 AM
my bear : vietnamsalut

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 11:40 AM
my bear : vietnamsalut

Noted and fully registered.

One more slot! Last one I will do in the morning. As soon as tourney fills up, I will start it along with player match-ups so everyone can start coordinating times.

YYZ????
08-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I have a lvl 52, YYZBear, no PVP experience at all but this looks like fun.

Count me in.

kobebean
08-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Some part of me want to secretly join on a bird and cause a riot. Lol jk

skavenger216
08-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Elly, is me not being able to take screens going to be an issue? I'd hate to take up a spot if I can't even join because of that. Thanks! :)

Kraze
08-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Elly, is me not being able to take screens going to be an issue? I'd hate to take up a spot if I can't even join because of that. Thanks! :)
Would really only be an issue if the person you are fighting can't take a shot or if you can't get someone to watch and post unless I'm missing something

CrimsonTider
08-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Looks like YYZ may have closed it up! I'm excited, this will be fun! A lot of respectable (and fun) bears in this.

Silentarrow
08-06-2011, 03:30 PM
:D

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l561/Silentarrows/a267c4c2.jpg

Just tested out my build vs some lvl 56 birds and it is great!!!

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 04:39 PM
I have a lvl 52, YYZBear, no PVP experience at all but this looks like fun.

Count me in.

Last slot is yours, updating thread and tournament starting.

Not really. I would accept if both duelists post on the tournament thread stating the score of the match or if one admits defeat :)

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 05:09 PM
The tournament is filled up and has started!

Please check the tournament link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php?do=view&id=4
and look for your match-up!

Fortunately, the system auto-randomized the match-ups as soon as the tournament filled up, so the matches are totally random.

A few things to do to organize your matches:

1. Contact your opponent as soon as you can. In-game or forums, the quicker the duels are done, the better.

2. Agree on a duel time. If you manage to contact your opponent, I don't see why you can't duel right then and there unless you were on the move or something.

3. Once agreed, please do one of the following:

Both opponents post in the thread stating the agreed time. eg, X versus Y at GMT # o'clock. It would help if you would tell me in how many hours the match is happening, 24 hours, 26 hours, etc.

Have a conversation (in-game or forums) both agreeing to a duel time and have one of the competitors post the screenshot to the thread. Note: Both characters used must be the bear.

4. Once the duel finishes, the winner (or a very sportsmanlike loser) must post the screenshot of the score on the thread. An alternative is for the loser to admit defeat on the thread if both players cannot take screenshots on their device. (Screenshot preferred though).

5. The tournament thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32742-Balefort-Sewers-Bear-Duel-Tournament) will be used as the base of proof for the tournament. Players who are accused by their opponent for delaying, refusing to agree on a time, or not responding at all outright, and FAIL to defend themselves or respond in the thread, will be disqualified. Players who wrongly accuse to try and get an easy win, will be disqualified. Do note, that any sort of unsportsmanship or rude behavior will result to disqualification.

6. Any problems that cannot be solved within the thread should be messaged to me directly. Please keep the tournament thread flame/drama free.

And in the cheezy, most common, way:

Have fun!!! :D :D :D

Good luck everyone! :)

Kraze
08-06-2011, 06:03 PM
I only use phone can't see whole bracket....

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I only use phone can't see whole bracket....

Swipe the bracket area with two fingers, that should scroll it down.

Has to be Safari though.

Kraze
08-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Lol tyvm

brian_spence_ni
08-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Ooh, exciting stuff. I've contacted my opponent and am ready to roll - even if I do suffer a humiliating defeat.

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Ooh, exciting stuff. I've contacted my opponent and am ready to roll - even if I do suffer a humiliating defeat.

Nice!

Please read through the rules on how to prove on your agreed time. You don't need to do them if you do the duel straight away, just post the results here straight after.

The time-agreement rules only stands for those who cannot get online often or have different timezones.

Silentarrow
08-06-2011, 06:58 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l561/Silentarrows/4d74d9c9.jpg

:(... Should've bought my gear first…

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 07:01 PM
That was quick! Thanks for that Silent, very close match! :)

Grats to Mennddoza for advancing :)

Buddyf97
08-06-2011, 07:44 PM
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx10/buddyf97/6f78df36.png
I had a great time and played a great player! Good luck ikungfupanda! Good game...

AbsolutePally
08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Twentyfoursev looking for drewcapu!!
ign alwaysdtf or bear twentyfoursev

I do have a slight problem however. I am unable to take screen shots. I have done research on how to do so on a tmobile galaxy s, but the methods were unfruitful. Any suggestions? IF i mean IF my poor lil bear wins how am i to post?

JaytB
08-06-2011, 07:54 PM
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx10/buddyf97/6f78df36.png
I had a great time and played a great player! Good luck ikungfupanda! Good game...

Same here buddy. Nice to have met you in game, you seem like a really nice guy. I had fun playing with you :D

I wish you all the luck in future tournaments :)

YYZ????
08-06-2011, 07:58 PM
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x414/YYZ----/bd61c8ed.jpg

Slush totally crushed me!! He played great and even switched gear to make it a little more fair, but in the end total domination.

Slush - Good luck, I hope you do well.

Slush
08-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I won against yyz, he should be posting up the screenshot soon.
Edit:Beat me to it, haha. Good fighting with ya :)

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 08:06 PM

I do have a slight problem however. I am unable to take screen shots. I have done research on how to do so on a tmobile galaxy s, but the methods were unfruitful. Any suggestions? IF i mean IF my poor lil bear wins how am i to post?

Shouldn't be a problem, you can tell me what the score is and drew can confirm. I doubt drew is the type that will lie and start drama just for this :p

I won against yyz, he should be posting up the screenshot soon.
Edit:Beat me to it, haha. Good fighting with ya :)

Thanks and Grats Slush and Jay! Updating now :)

Btw, very impressed with the submission of scores. Although they lost, thank you for being gracious enough to post the scores :)

Edit:

Just out of curiosity, nothing wrong with it, who advanced Slush? I know I have the ability to advance/regress players in the standing, I'm just wondering if all competitors have the ability to do so too?

Edit2:

Must have been Sam, confirmed with Jay that there's no way for tourney competitors to advance themselves/others :p Ninja Sam!

AOmonsta
08-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Looks like this tourney is flowing very smoothly. Hope to get into next one.

Otukura
08-06-2011, 08:28 PM

Shouldn't be a problem, you can tell me what the score is and drew can confirm. I doubt drew is the type that will lie and start drama just for this :p

I could snap one for you guys if I'm on.

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Looks like this tourney is flowing very smoothly. Hope to get into next one.

Surprisingly so! So much easier to organize duels than teams :p

Thanks for that Otu!

Moogerfooger
08-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Skav and I will go about 6pm Eastern US time tomorrow...RL calls tonight, if ya know what I mean Elly ;)

skavenger216
08-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Just an update, me and moogerfooger (paleriderz) will be having our match tomorrow, Sunday, at 6pm eastern time.

EDIT: Moog posted while I was typing this... Lol. I type too slow apparently :)

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Skav and I will go about 6pm Eastern US time tomorrow...RL calls tonight, if ya know what I mean Elly ;)

That's 6PM Sunday night Eastern US time right? :)

And I think so! Good luck ;)

Edit:

Just an update, me and moogerfooger (paleriderz) will be having our match tomorrow, Sunday, at 6pm eastern time.

Got it! Thanks!

YYZ????
08-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Edit:

Just out of curiosity, nothing wrong with it, who advanced Slush? I know I have the ability to advance/regress players in the standing, I'm just wondering if all competitors have the ability to do so too?

After I lost, I clicked on "Submit Loss" then I saw that Slush advanced. So, I guess all players have the ability to post losses, just not wins.

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 09:51 PM
After I lost, I clicked on "Submit Loss" then I saw that Slush advanced. So, I guess all players have the ability to post losses, just not wins.

Ah, I don't see that option. Thanks!

AbsolutePally
08-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks now I just have to find Drewcapu, I sent him a friend request in game. Amy said hes never on anymore and has him as a friend. Figure she will text me when he's on.
BTW!! I obs a match between Cloakker and Redwolfak. Cloakker won 10-8 , he was having trouble posting. I was trying to help him in game but had to leave and eat snack. Plus my phone is charging.
DANG it is nice to actually have a computer to type on and view!!!
Hopefully we can have our match tonight, but here in rehab, it is lights out at 2400, which is midnight central us time.
Tomorrow I am busy all morning w procedures then I should be able to fight in the afternoon especially in the evening.
Rehab won't stop me from facing my opponents~!

AbsolutePally
08-06-2011, 10:21 PM
What? I've never seen that option!? Is that an in game option?

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks now I just have to find Drewcapu, I sent him a friend request in game. Amy said hes never on anymore and has him as a friend. Figure she will text me when he's on.
BTW!! I obs a match between Cloakker and Redwolfak. Cloakker won 10-8 , he was having trouble posting. I was trying to help him in game but had to leave and eat snack. Plus my phone is charging.
DANG it is nice to actually have a computer to type on and view!!!
Hopefully we can have our match tonight, but here in rehab, it is lights out at 2400, which is midnight central us time.
Tomorrow I am busy all morning w procedures then I should be able to fight in the afternoon especially in the evening.
Rehab won't stop me from facing my opponents~!

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'll wait for one of them to confirm the scores :)

Cloakker
08-06-2011, 10:35 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2959/picturero.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/picturero.png/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)Good game bro!!

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Nice Cloakker, grats!

Good game Red! :)

Cloakker
08-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Thx i'll be waiting for my nxt opponent since they havent fought i guess..:onthego:

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Thx i'll be waiting for my nxt opponent since they havent fought i guess..:onthego:

Yeah, not yet. Hopefully within the next day or two :)

Cloakker
08-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Yeah, not yet. Hopefully within the next day or two :)k :calm:

Slush
08-07-2011, 02:06 AM
k :calm:

Lmao, that smiley is so ugly! I mean seriously, look at it! Wtf!

Ellyidol
08-07-2011, 05:05 AM
I hope everyone's getting sorted soon! :)

Also, as much as you can, please try and reply to this thread before/after a match just to confirm. It'd help me determine who is still active in participating for the tournament.

Would also appreciate it if you could contact your opponents as quick as possible, even if it isn't to setup your duel time yet, but just to confirm that you're actually eager to fight.

I'll give players 24-48 hours from a complaint of an opponent for not responding or not going online. If you can't respond within the 24-48 hours, you will be disqualified.

CrimsonTider
08-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Elly,

Ovo and I have made initial contact and I am waiting for a reply to set a time (I proposed a tentative one of approximately 3 hours from now.) Will keep you posted.

Ellyidol
08-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Awesome Crim, thanks! Hope you get it on soon!

JaytB
08-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Posting the results for the fight between ovo and crim (they couldn't take screenshots)...

http://tapatalk.com/mu/54c021b5-90f2-38c7.jpg

Ellyidol
08-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks Jay.

Grats Ovo, well played Crim :)

Off to bed, will check up with this in the morning. Good luck everyone! Get dueling!

CrimsonTider
08-07-2011, 08:12 AM
I got my butt handed to me!!

Good fight, Ovo!! Sorry I didn't make it more challenging. Good luck to ya in the next round!

Cloakker
08-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Lmao, that smiley is so ugly! I mean seriously, look at it! Wtf!Well sorry slush didnt mean to scare you LOL look at all the smileys and tell me the definition of it:afro:("It means confident") LOL

Zeus
08-07-2011, 12:58 PM
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/8ca71284.jpg

Tamino
08-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Eversor (Occisor) and me (NapoOrsoCapo) tomorrow 9am CST (4 pm CEST).

Kraze
08-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey Kurl I've tried pming you a few times and hunting ya down in game if you can please pm me your availabilty and I'll do what I can to work with in it thank you

Moogerfooger
08-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Hey Parf....did you already play your first match against Vietnamsalut (Chung Han) too?

Zeus
08-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey Parf....did you already play your first match against Vietnamsalut (Chung Han) too?

Oh, I just read Elly's PM. It appears he told me the wrong match up. Heh. I'm actually against Vietnamsalut, not Ovocotto. Whoops! Lol

Moogerfooger
08-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Oh, I just read Elly's PM. It appears he told me the wrong match up. Heh. I'm actually against Vietnamsalut, not Ovocotto. Whoops! Lol

I thought that was what might have happened :p

CrimsonTider
08-07-2011, 02:22 PM

LMAO!! Poor Ovo goes from excited (beating the crap out of me) to demolished and now back to excited! What an emotional roller coaster!!

Zeus
08-07-2011, 02:29 PM
LMAO!! Poor Ovo goes from excited (beating the crap out of me) to demolished and now back to excited! What an emotional roller coaster!!

Heh. I kinda feel bad now :(.

Tamino
08-07-2011, 02:37 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15191024/Occisor-NapoOrsoCapo.png

JaytB
08-07-2011, 02:52 PM

Heh. I kinda feel bad now :(.

I'm sorry, you know I don't mean to troll, but just.... Muuuuaaaahahahahahahahaaahahaaa :D

I'm sorry, I just HAD to... I'm ROFLMAO irl at the moment :D :D :D

Ovocotto
08-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Lol

Zeus
08-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Lol

Well at least you weren't knocked out of the tourney then :).

Ovocotto
08-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Well at least you weren't knocked out of the tourney then :).

Hihi:)

drewcapu
08-07-2011, 03:13 PM
got pwned by alwaysdtf ;)

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g474/drewcapu/pl/38500f20.jpg

Otukura
08-07-2011, 03:15 PM
got pwned by alwaysdtf ;)
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i463/Ariktyer/snap20110807_202431.png

edit: didn't need to be there to screenie for DTF, drew got it :)

Chung Han
08-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Aloo allo, ;) apollo, tell me when u can play?

Moogerfooger
08-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Me and Skavenger just went.....I would like to think some of the fights were super close because Skav said I almost got him a few times, but I think he was just trying to make me feel better :D

Well played, Skav! Good luck in the next rounds....was fun despite my whoopin'!

10-1 Skavengr. At least I got 1.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j450/Moogerfooger71/a391a541.jpg

WhoIsThis
08-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Considering it was your first time Moog, that's to be expected. Don't be discouraged; this tournament is over, but with a lot of practice, I'm sure that you can become an outstanding pvp bear.

skavenger216
08-07-2011, 05:25 PM
It was fun indeed, moog! And I wasn't kidding, almost every time you had my health really low. Thanks for the fun matches! :)

CrimsonTider
08-07-2011, 05:30 PM
You know, our fraternity of bears show/have a lot of respect for each other. I haven't heard of one argument and those of us that got OWNED are laughing at ourselves. This is how it should be! Proud to be a bear!

Mennddoza
08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Why if a level 53 wins this tourny.... Lol and I can not Check who my opponent is cuz I have no access to a computer ATM and this app doesn't let me check

Kraze
08-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Has anyone seen or heard from Kurl?

Zeus
08-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Aloo allo, ;) apollo, tell me when u can play?

I was on for the past four hours. :/. Can't get on for another 3-4 hours now.

Ellyidol
08-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, sorry just got up. Will update the tourney in awhile since I'll be rushing to get ready for school :)

Grats to the winners and well played to the gracious losers :)

Also, been keeping in mind those players who are trying to contact opponents but can't. I'm giving them up til the end of Monday, if they still don't respond to you, this thread, or message me personally, I'll disqualify them.

Hahahahabirdy
08-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Ey haikus can you pm me when you can be on pl so we can do our match? Im pretty much available all day for the rest of today and tomorrow.

Ellyidol
08-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Looks like we have our first second round match!

Alwaysdtf vs Slush

Good luck ;)

Has anyone seen or heard from Kurl?

He has until end of Monday to contact me, post on this thread, or contact you.

I was on for the past four hours. :/. Can't get on for another 3-4 hours now.

Sorry about that Parth, eyes must have been easily fooled by the bracket lines. Hope you guys get to fight it out soon!

Ey haikus can you pm me when you can be on pl so we can do our match? Im pretty much available all day for the rest of today and tomorrow.

Same, end of Monday.

Mikeylito
08-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Ahhh a bear contest, this is awesome. Makes me miss the two legendary bears fabio and tss (rip). Good luck to all contendants and may the new best bear in pl win!

Ellyidol
08-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Ahhh a bear contest, this is awesome. Makes me miss the two legendary bears fabio and tss (rip). Good luck to all contendants and may the new best bear in pl win!

If only you had a bear and played it as well as your mage, you could have done well :)

Ebalere
08-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Grats Skav, and the rest of the first round winners. Nicely done. KoC baby!

AbsolutePally
08-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Looking for Slush. Friend reqs sent in game. Available until midnight central us time. No later, if not we can schedule for monday or tuesday afternoon.

CrimsonTider
08-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Looking for Slush. Friend reqs sent in game. Available until midnight central us time. No later, if not we can schedule for monday or tuesday afternoon.

Hey man! Slush is an aussie so you guys are on weird schedules. Give him time, he will respond. Good luck!

Hahahahabirdy
08-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Good game haikus! (heh figured out how to post screenie :D)
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/dragonbetu/77225999.jpg

Ellyidol
08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Grats birdy, and thank you Haikus! Updating tourney now.

PS. So happy my school network doesn't block STS forums :D

Moogerfooger
08-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Considering it was your first time Moog, that's to be expected. Don't be discouraged; this tournament is over, but with a lot of practice, I'm sure that you can become an outstanding pvp bear.

No kidding....my first ever official bear PvP match, in a tourney to boot. I'm just happy I got 1 so it wasn't a total crushing, just a regular crushing :p

Ellyidol
08-07-2011, 10:32 PM
No kidding....my first ever official bear PvP match, in a tourney to boot. I'm just happy I got 1 so it wasn't a total crushing, just a regular crushing :p

Won't be the last either :p

I might start from both ends of the level range for tourneys.

Next one would be LE bear tourney maybe? ;)

Slush
08-07-2011, 11:34 PM

Got back from school about an hour ago since the time of posting, will be avaiable for 7 hours.
And Crim, I'm from New Zealand, don't EVER call me Aussie :P

Twinkman
08-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Heres the screenie. Good fights conradin and im looking forward to fighting u again soon :)

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd395/Ciaobaby44/SC20110808-012041.png

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Thanks Twink, grats Conradin.

Updating now.

Second match of the second round is open!

Edit:

There is one match up where both players don't seem to be responding at all. Not on this thread, not on my messages, or I can't find them in-game. If I disqualify both, I need one to advance as a winner to keep the number balanced.

How do you think it should happen? The one who scored the most kills despite losing?

Kraze
08-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Perhaps the two with the moat kills in a losing effort fight it out in a second chance match?

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Perhaps the two with the moat kills in a losing effort fight it out in a second chance match?

Makes sense and sounds fair. Any objections? This is just for precaution btw, unless one of them contacts me or shows activity within 24 hours.

Twinkman
08-08-2011, 01:37 AM
U suggests having like a "second tournament" for the losers to take those spots. That way everyone has a chance

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 01:43 AM
U suggests having like a "second tournament" for the losers to take those spots. That way everyone has a chance

It'll take too long and the number would be off to start a tourney again. Assuming only those 2 don't show up, that's 15 matches, 15 match-losers that need to compete for that one spot. I'd need one more again, which would be unfair if that new one got the spot.

The best match-losers to compete for that spot sounds right.

Mang
08-08-2011, 02:36 AM
Hello,
I think I may be one of the two who have not played. I haven't caught Sandyxravage online. I hope we can get a match in... If you need to continue the tourney without us I understand. I will be available the next few days nearly any time though.

Debowe

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Hello,
I think I may be one of the two who have not played. I haven't caught Sandyxravage online. I hope we can get a match in... If you need to continue the tourney without us I understand. I will be available the next few days nearly any time though.

Debowe

Hey Debowe,

No it's not you or Kaotix. I've known Kaotix to be quite active on the forums, and I met you in-game yesterday too.

I can't even remember their names off the top of my head, that's how absent they are. Lol. Will recheck it when I get home.

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Publicly calling out The Flash (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?50862-The-Flash) and brian_spence_ni (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?55258-brian_spence_ni).

Neither of you have responded to my messages or on the thread, and I can't assume that both of you have coordinated a duel time, so you both have until the end of Monday, 8 August (Forum Time) to reply to me or this thread or both of you would be disqualified and the best match-losers will be given a chance to advance.

The deadline of showing interest to duel for Round 1 is end of Monday, 8 August (Forum Time), if I don't hear from one of the duelers while the other is busy waiting, I will disqualify the no-show.

Sorry if it seems harsh, but I can't afford to keep everyone waiting for someone who doesn't check forums/tournament for updates. After all, you did register, your responsibility.

WhoIsThis
08-08-2011, 03:23 AM

You need to find a teacher; another bear who can train you.

If you ever take your bird or mage out for Pvp; I'd give similar advice. Find a teacher.

CrimsonTider
08-08-2011, 06:54 AM
@Slush - *facepalm Sorry buddy! That's what I get for listening to others. LMAO

@Elly - I agree with the two "losers" with highest kill count dualing it out for the missing players spots. Good idea Kraze! Us old people still have our moments of clarity!

brian_spence_ni
08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Should pair up tonight. Our time zones are 8 hours apart and that's what has held us up

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Should pair up tonight. Our time zones are 8 hours apart and that's what has held us up

No problem. Just need more visibility from both of you, hard for me to know what you're up to in a virtual tourney. :p

Kraze
08-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Any sign of Kurl I'm almost ready to put his bear on a milk carton

JaytB
08-08-2011, 10:02 AM

LMAO :D

How about the ones I need to fight, did they show any sign of life yet. Might put them on those milk carton's too :)

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 10:02 AM

He has 14 hours to respond to me, you, or this thread before disqualification.

LMAO :D

How about the ones I need to fight, did they show any sign of life yet. Might put them on those milk carton's too :)

Yup, spoke to both in-game today. Both are aware they need to contact each other soon and have sent messages, requests, and forum messages hopefully.

JaytB
08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Yup, spoke to both in-game today. Both are aware they need to contact each other soon and have sent messages, requests, and forum messages hopefully.

Cool! Just eager to get my butt kicked, that's all :)

AbsolutePally
08-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Got back from school about an hour ago since the time of posting, will be avaiable for 7 hours.
And Crim, I'm from New Zealand, don't EVER call me Aussie :P
Accept my in game requests and I will look for you. I'll be available all day.

brian_spence_ni
08-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Hmm, been on for the last 4 hours and haven't seen the flash online...can we agree a time? bearing in mind I'm 8 hours ahead of your timezone.

Mang
08-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Ill be checking here and in game for SandyxRavage throughout the day. Hope to get our match in soon.

JaytB
08-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Ill be checking here and in game for SandyxRavage throughout the day. Hope to get our match in soon.

He was online until an hour or so ago. He was preparing his fight vs you, I guess ;)

He said he'd be waiting as long as he could for you, I think he might be online later again. These darn time-zones :/

Anyway, good luck to both of you. I'll be meeting the winner soon :)

I'll not be on today anymore though, got to go sleep in a bit. I'll see who won in the morning :)

Zeus
08-08-2011, 03:41 PM
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/e4eb69a4.jpg

Score was actually 10-8. Dalonewolf was accidentally killed in the crossfire. Good game, Vietnam. Terrific bear.

Fighting was custom Vs strength bear. I was strength bear. He was custom recurve.

Looking forward to my next match!

Cloakker
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
I send Conradin a friend request. Just waiting for him to get back at me to settle time.

The Flash
08-08-2011, 04:10 PM
darkpiccolo lost no need for screen shot

brian_spence_ni
08-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I won 8-0 against the Flash. He says he'll post image as i cant

AbsolutePally
08-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Yo mang, I told Dst to text you. I saw sandyxsavage in game. PM me your number bro and I'll text you if I see him again.

Otukura
08-08-2011, 04:13 PM

He was online until an hour or so ago. He was preparing his fight vs you, I guess ;)

He said he'd be waiting as long as he could for you, I think he might be online later again. These darn time-zones :/

Anyway, good luck to both of you. I'll be meeting the winner soon :)

I'll not be on today anymore though, got to go sleep in a bit. I'll see who won in the morning :)'

He's online right now.

Zeus
08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
The match already happened. I was a witness. Sandyxravage lost 10-5.

Zeus
08-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I won 8-0 against the Flash. He says he'll post image as i cant

You need to go to 10. Also. Brian. You are saying you won. Flash is saying he won. Are you darkpiccolo? There seems to be some controversy here, hence the need for a screenshot.

AbsolutePally
08-08-2011, 04:25 PM
The match already happened. I was a witness. Sandyxravage lost 10-5.
Alright Mang!! GRATS!! Mang vs kungfu ahhhh.
PARTH!!!
I am nervous! If i can beat slush, then cloakker I am postive you will be my fourth oppoonent. It is a tough road to the semis, thanks ELLYIDOL LOL JK.
Good luck. Parth I saw you already beat ovocotto, are yall to rm? Him and I played w the exact same results as yalls first game :)

Zeus
08-08-2011, 04:26 PM
PARTH!!!
I am nervous! If i can beat slush, then cloakker I am postive you will be my fourth oppoonent. It is a tough road to the semis, thanks ELLYIDOL LOL JK.
Good luck. Parth I saw you already beat ovocotto, are yall to rm? Him and I played w the exact same results as yalls first game :)

Actually, we had a mix up. I was supposed to play Vietnam first round. I have yet to find out who my second round is. So, I'm waiting on that. :). Sounds good! Hope to see you in the Semi-Finals!

Mang
08-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Good game Sandyxravage. I took a screen shot, but unfortunately I suck at posting stuff. Thanks for posting as a witness Apollo. The match was 10-5.

brian_spence_ni
08-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Apollo, you misread the Flash's post. He was conceding (my char is zaghorakis, his is darkpicollo). As we agreed to stop, we don't really need to go to 10. Why did you use so many full-stops in your post on this subject? It read strangely.

Zeus
08-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Apollo, you misread the Flash's post. He was conceding (my char is zaghorakis, his is darkpicollo). As we agreed to stop, we don't really need to go to 10. Why did you use so many full-stops in your post on this subject? It read strangely.

I was typing it on a mobile phone (iPhone 4), which is why I used so many full stops. Sorry about that, hehe. :) Ah, I see. It seemed by the way he typed up his post, it was implying that you were darkpicollo. :/. Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding!

Kraze
08-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Posted have you seen me posters all day anyone know Kurl?

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for keeping the thread active and doing your duels! :)

So if I got things right, people who advanced are:

Apollo
brian_spence_ni
Mang

Will advance now! Grats and thank you :)

Kurl has 4.5 hours to respond.

Edit:

Survivorfan and crissshafter

Mysticaldream and nybblets

I've spoken to Myst in-game, so I know he's been waiting. Nybblets hasn't accepted my friend request or responded to any of my messages, so he has 4.5 hours too.

Same thing goes for nybblets, have spoken to Survivorfan in-game and on the forums.

PARTH!!!

Blame the system ;)

Cloakker
08-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for keeping the thread active and doing your duels! :)

So if I got things right, people who advanced are:

Apollo
brian_spence_ni
Mang

Will advance now! Grats and thank you :)

Kurl has 4.5 hours to respond.

Edit:

Survivorfan and crissshafter

Mysticaldream and nybblets

I've spoken to Myst in-game, so I know he's been waiting. Nybblets hasn't accepted my friend request or responded to any of my messages, so he has 4.5 hours too.

Same thing goes for nybblets, have spoken to Survivorfan in-game and on the forums.

Blame the system ;)Same with my opponent i have sent conradin a friend request nd i havent heard from him??

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Same with my opponent i have sent conradin a friend request nd i havent heard from him??

No worries, the first round is over so I'm certain all the players in the second round are active.

Con's been on, probably haven't caught him yet.

No rush, just don't delay either :)

skavenger216
08-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Posted have you seen me posters all day anyone know Kurl?

Since it appears like its gonna be me and you next round, I figured id post my availability. I can be on anytime after 4pm eastern time tomorrow. Just reply here or pm me and let me know what time to be on :)

This is all just assuming kurl doesn't respond in time, of course.

Cloakker
08-08-2011, 09:37 PM
No worries, the first round is over so I'm certain all the players in the second round are active.

Con's been on, probably haven't caught him yet.

No rush, just don't delay either :)kk now the servers down LOL

Kraze
08-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Full house to watch a great match

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc470/k12aze/b8bdaf8d.jpg

Slush
08-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Alwaysdtf beat me 10-7, gg.

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks Kraze and Slush.

Grats dtf! Updating now. One more hour til disqualifications start and first round is over.

AbsolutePally
08-09-2011, 12:26 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/datboymitch/2011-08-09002824.jpg
My screenie of my win! :)
Jk. But this is what I was wearing while I fought Slush lol
GG Slush very tough opponent.
Ty for posting for me.

KaotiicxDream
08-09-2011, 01:14 AM
Good game Sandyxravage. I took a screen shot, but unfortunately I suck at posting stuff. Thanks for posting as a witness Apollo. The match was 10-5.

Gg! I had to sleep shortly after our match lol.. U were obviously a too strong opponent for me ;-)

Gratz to all the winners from first round !

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 04:31 AM
None of the three inactive players have responded, so all three are disqualified and their opponents have moved on.

I have advanced :

Kraze
Survivorfan
Mysticaldream

Also, the first round is over. All second round matches, excluding one, is now available! Please find your opponent to plan :)

Good luck!

JaytB
08-09-2011, 05:02 AM
Hey Mang,

We're up against each other next :D

I probably have missed it, but what's your IGN? Is it 'debowe'?

I'm pretty much swamped in work today, but reply to this thread when you plan to be on... I should be able to hop on during the entire day. Might have to give me 30mins or an hour or so, depending on where I'm at with work :)

Looking forward to fight you... May the best bear win :)

Edit: my bear is 'IKungFuPanda' btw :)

brian_spence_ni
08-09-2011, 05:25 AM
Hahahahabirdy is my next opponent. It's currently 11.30am gmt and i'll be available from 2pm to midnight gmt but need to agree a time here. I'll check in every hour here to see if we can agree a time. Already pmed and added character ingame.

CrimsonTider
08-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Good luck to everyone in second round!

JaytB
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Just wanted to inform that I probably won't be on much today anymore. I got these darn pesky visitors coming over again (jk jk--> in case they read this).

I'll be available all day tomorrow though (well, all day Belgium time at least.. From 6-8am->11pm or so.) my timezone is GMT/UTC+1 btw :)

brian_spence_ni
08-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Lost heavily to hahahahabirdy. Oh well, whenever I see people equiping a bow, I know it's night-night. Enjoyed it, though.

Hahahahabirdy
08-09-2011, 01:48 PM
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/dragonbetu/8188482f.jpg
Good match brian :)

Kraze
08-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Hey scav sent you a request in game just shoot me a pm with your timezone and availabilty to hand me my head and I'll work to fitting it in my schedule. If sl launches I'll be there on kraze

skavenger216
08-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey scav sent you a request in game just shoot me a pm with your timezone and availabilty to hand me my head and I'll work to fitting it in my schedule. If sl launches I'll be there on kraze

Pm sent :)

CrimsonTider
08-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Pm sent :)

Dont play til I get home!! I wanna watch!

Mang
08-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Hey there Jaytb,

Yes my bears name is Debowe. Ill probly be playing late tonight if your guest go home. Also, I should be free most of the day tomorrow. I am in united states pacific time.