PDA

View Full Version : Battery drains fater than it charges

Binlaggin
05-25-2016, 01:36 PM
On my Samsung phone and tablet, the battery drains even while it is plugged in. I have 2x pixel already (not sure if that makes a difference). Are there any settings that I change to increase battery life while playing this game? I even purchased a new battery thinking the old one was dead but it didn't make a difference. Sorry if I posted in wrong section.

one thing...it only drains when playing Arcane Legends. I don't have this charging issue with any other phone application or game.

Jiinzou
05-25-2016, 01:39 PM
I think is your device dude,I play and charge at same time and it charges

Binlaggin
05-25-2016, 01:46 PM
I think is your device dude,I play and charge at same time and it charges

Perhaps! But if that's the case, I'm wondering if there's background apps that run with Samsung phones and tablets that cause this?

Kakashis
05-25-2016, 02:07 PM
It's actually really bad to be charging and gaming for your battery. The heat kills batteries.

Thrucho
05-25-2016, 02:09 PM
I got a Samsung and I don't have that problem must be your device bro.

thekragle
05-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Most phones and tablets require at least 10 watts to charge while on. Did you change your charger recently? It could be defective as well if its the original charger. Make sure it is at least 5 volts and 2 amps if it isnt the original charger. Or try another charger that is at least the same specs.

Binlaggin
05-25-2016, 02:27 PM
Most phones and tablets require at least 10 watts to charge while on. Did you change your charger recently? It could be defective as well if its the original charger. Make sure it is at least 5 volts and 2 amps if it isnt the original charger. Or try another charger that is at least the same specs.

hmmm, it's not the original USB. I wonder if that has something to do with it. I bought a bunch on ebay for like $1 a piece. I will try a different cable later today

Gouiwaa9000
05-25-2016, 02:38 PM
if you have a way to root your phone , you can use purrify ( it's an app ) .it will auto kill all apps running on background ( you can white-list apps ) . It should make a huge difference , with it I can leave AL running on my phone for over than 6 hours . , And charging takes less than 2h ( with game running ) .

resurrected
05-25-2016, 02:41 PM
if you have a way to root your phone , you can use purrify ( it's an app ) .it will auto kill all apps running on background ( you can white-list apps ) . It should make a huge difference , with it I can leave AL running on my phone for over than 6 hours . , And charging takes less than 2h ( with game running ) .
Greentify helpful too xD I'd say It works best for me as well.

Dex Scene
05-25-2016, 02:56 PM
How fat bro???

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Ravager
05-25-2016, 02:58 PM
There are a few things you can do.
1 - Adjust the performance vs battery slider setting in the game
2 - Adjust the brightness of the screen
3 - Adjust the speed of your cpu (if you have root)
4 - Get a stronger charger (2.0a, 2.1a or 2.5a are considered fast chargers and what I recommend)
5 - Try a different cable
6 - Reboot and then test performance (to see if other apps are draining/bogging it down). Close background apps if necessary through means specified in above posts

Shobhit Chaturvedi
05-25-2016, 03:03 PM
I am feeling the same issue too on redmi 2 prime and its not because of background apps. Battery does not drain this fast while I'm on other apps.

Sandeeep
05-25-2016, 04:00 PM
dont dev and people hate phone roots (even if ur not using it in a bad way) cause u can increase game gold or plat by manipulating the application?

some of my friends were banned for some time in other MMO's for using root
and i believe im seeing more and more people complain abt the phone battery being reduced faster

may be us or some wierd hidden thing that noone notice during some random old update ( guessing it might be hard to identify this )

Adel Hesham
05-25-2016, 04:06 PM
On my Samsung phone and tablet, the battery drains even while it is plugged in. I have 2x pixel already (not sure if that makes a difference). Are there any settings that I change to increase battery life while playing this game? I even purchased a new battery thinking the old one was dead but it didn't make a difference. Sorry if I posted in wrong section.

one thing...it only drains when playing Arcane Legends. I don't have this charging issue with any other phone application or game.
Happend to me , i used to play on my tablet while it charges and after while it stoped charging while playgame , so i just bought new one for the tablet and made this weaker old charger charge my phones cuz tablets needs more A/H than mobile phones ... ^-^

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Binlaggin
05-25-2016, 09:44 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions. Some really good ideas here

Deathlyreaper
05-25-2016, 09:52 PM
Ok bro use Clean Master it is a great app for Samsung it cleans your phone or tablet from cache and also stop viruses. Also install Battery Doctor the icon is a Green Battery (unless they changed that) Both of them are in google play. Once downloaded do a scan and it will tell you to fix the stuff that needs to be fixed. Also don't charge your phone to a computer or laptop that is the slowest. Charge it in an outlet and make sure to do a full charge once a month( Battery Doctor will explain)

Att
05-25-2016, 10:20 PM
Your charger is the problem.

Zeus
05-25-2016, 10:54 PM
You need a 2.1 amp charger along with a wire that will allow 2.1 amps.

ekalh
05-26-2016, 04:49 AM
i had that issue too just bought a new charger and fixed!

xutreuqux
05-26-2016, 06:04 AM
Or go get lg phone.. on my g5 it charges from 15-100% in 1 hour while on AL
i tried sony z samsung s5 samsung tab s iphone 5s.. all batteries drain fast
Lg is the best brand when it comes to battery. But yes the samsung n iphone screen has better color

Robhawk
05-26-2016, 06:58 AM
hmmm, it's not the original USB. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

There you have your answer, yes it has something to do with the cable! When you want to know more then google it... The problem will be gone with original charger + original cabel! Just give it a try !

dinzly
05-26-2016, 07:29 AM
How fat bro???

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
lol..faster not fatter

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Fredystern
05-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Did you change your adaptor or your cable?

If you change it, i recommended to use fast charging cable and adaptor, the faster ur battery charged the faster you can play AL again :D

Binlaggin
05-26-2016, 12:15 PM
I tried ravagers suggestion and slid the battery usage / frame rate bar just a hair and it seems to be fine. I never knew it was there. I think I will try new charging cables and plugs to ultimately solve the issue. Thank you all again

machoserb
05-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Same happend to me many time...i just reset my phone and problem solved..

Jewelmaker
05-26-2016, 02:43 PM
As others stated, make sure you don't have any other apps running in the background. They can drain your battery faster too, even when your device is plugged in.

Obiira
05-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Switch to chrome (PC). No power issues.

ngo pota neh

Spyce
05-26-2016, 08:42 PM

Playing a 3D game and Charging while still playing the game Can/Might cause damage to your devices, such as battery drain (will take twice as long to charge)
It could cause Screen burn (Burns certain images that is caused by your battery overheating and burning images to your screen)
i suggest for your Samsung phone to invest in Batterys its its and s5 or below.

Regardles if what i say is true or not playing and charging and still playing is a bad idea