PDA

View Full Version : PvP Etiquette

Conradin
08-05-2011, 10:57 AM
The Very Unofficial rules and regulations of PvP.

Many people who first get into pvp go to play it, start fighting, and end up getting booted for things like "rush" or "jumper". So here's a quick guide to help you understand pvp etiquette a little better.

1. Many players like to have a "fair fight". This is when both players have full health, mana, and skills recharged. Then one player will usually say: "say go", and when the other player responds with "go", then the fight begins.

2. Rushing. This is a term players who like to fight in the way in 1. Use to describe when people don't ask for a "fair fight". Thanks to the LB's (leader boards) people working on ratios get veerrry angry when people rush, and tend to boot. I am trying not to be too biased in the matter, but I have always fought in "fair fights" and agree when people mow you over with no warning it can be frustrating. However, there is nothing preventing you from rushing, as it is part of the game.

3. FFA (Free For All) If the people I a game decide FFA , then feel free to attack whenever, without anger from either side. IMO Capture the Flag should always be FFA, and that's how I always play it, so the unofficial rules do not apply to CTF.

4. Kiting, juking, running. Some players will get mad at you for kiting (shooting the player from a long range, outside of that players skill range) or juking (pretending like you are going in close to the enemy and then popping out to avoid their skills) However I think those are just strategy, after all a lvl 20 bird isn't going to just stand their and take the bears attack, are they. Completely running away is a different story- as we are all in a game ment for fun, and you can't lose anything by dying- running away seems a bit low.

Tips:
1. Always ask FFA before entering a pvp map- that way you can no from the start what's going on.
2. If somebody asks to 1v1, don't run at them, say: say go.
3. always be nice, and friendly. And try not to get too worked up about pvp, it's only a ga me.
4. If the teams are uneven in ctf, ask if you should sit. @ Kraze
5. Always join teams that have less people than the other team, or join the weaker team if they are even. This helps make the game fair.
6. When two players are having a 1v1, don't interfere at all, even buffing your team mate is frowned upon. @ Zaltair
7. Excuses are lame!!!

Just my opinion on the matter. Please no flaming ;). If theres anything you would like me to add/take off this page, please post it below and a reason why. If it's valid I will do it. Thanks- this is purely to help other players, so once again no flames.

Tamino
08-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks. I was wondering about the meaning of some of these terms, you answered. Just a question: why people who want to play 1v1 don't use a 1 on 1 map? Joining a 3x3 game it isn't like say that I want FFA?

Conradin
08-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks. I was wondering about the meaning of some of these terms, you answered. Just a question: why people who want to play 1v1 don't use a 1 on 1 map? Joining a 3x3 game it isn't like say that I want FFA?

Unfortunately there are no 1v1 maps, and sometimes plays will switch of opponents every few deaths to try somebody they havn't fought before.

Knazen
08-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Very nice explanation :) wow

Air
08-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Great Story :applause:

Kraze
08-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Perhaps add a note for Ctf if you join again with even teams ask if you should sit until it is even

Conradin
08-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Perhaps add a note for Ctf if you join again with even teams ask if you should sit until it is even

Added =)

SUPAPRODIGY
08-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I say FFA i don't want to waste time waiting for people

razerfingers
08-06-2011, 11:50 AM
What about u join teams are even but you go to the loosing team to help them is that alright to do?

Conradin
08-06-2011, 11:53 AM
What about u join teams are even but you go to the loosing team to help them is that alright to do?

good touch, added

Zaltiar
08-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Question: what is a "jumper"?

I think you should also add that
-when two people are having a 1v1, other people should not interfere.
-no secret mage buffs (i'm not sure, but when a mage from another team buffs up their team party, the other party cannot tell if they are buffed or not right?)

Conradin
08-06-2011, 11:56 AM
A jumper is the same as a rusher.

Darkfader
08-06-2011, 11:56 AM
*sits down and waits for year 2550 when all pvp players show respect to others and follow these unofficial rules*

Good post, pvp scene working like this would be good but never willing exist.

Elyseon
08-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I hope everyone reads this :)

Register
08-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Question: what is a "jumper"?

I think you should also add that
-when two people are having a 1v1, other people should not interfere.
-no secret mage buffs (i'm not sure, but when a mage from another team buffs up their team party, the other party cannot tell if they are buffed or not right?)

I saw somebody call another person a jumper a few days ago. I think its just a rusher.

Another thing, dont make up exscuses when u die....In almost eveyr fight that I win, the other person will say somthing like 'lag' or something....its like..YOU DIED. GET OVER IT. What I hate even more is when Im in a 1v1 fight and the other person says go. I win and they go calling me a rusher...wtf...they said go....well,.....people need to stop noob and get over their death and learn about what they are calling others -__-

Kraze
08-06-2011, 01:13 PM
I have noticed there are some pvp players that only die because of lag...but when they do make a kill they are fast to point out they have leet skills

Mennddoza
08-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I love u... U finally explained kiting is not running!

Kraze
08-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I love u... U finally explained kiting is not running! big difference between the two. Bears have a skill ( that often misses but that's a different topic) to close the distance.

Knazen
08-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Kiting never were running it's part of every persons tactic kiting is smart I don't think that u wait for that other one to attack u if u can avoid n stay away u do it that's the way it is :)

Breadkeeper
08-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Hmmm. I know im old school, but i sure wish PVP was like Ultima Online in 97-2000. I think most "pvpers" would of rage quit that game. Since when do you wait and give your opponent the best chance to beat you? Rush in, kill em, laugh at them, and get out. Thats how it should work. Should also be allowed to loot there l33t wepons and armor while they are dead on the ground. Thats pvp.

But unfortunatly people dont like to play for real so they invent all these rules so that they have excuses when they die. And games dont like people rage quiting so they put systems in place to stop "griefing".

Sorry Just reminiscing.

Carry on.

Knazen
08-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I never had excuses if someone killed me games goes on that's the way it should be kiting is kind of running but just enough running until u get ur skills back then ur up for attack again many runs anyway even if they buffed n that's kinda annoying lol have fun guys // hmmhmm :)

Azurkray
08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Wow...finally someone explains the rules. I used to piss off a lot if people in PvP, now I know why. I always FFA, I think its the way it always should be, but that's just me. Now I know to leave the fair fighters alone, thanks for the help. :)

Otukura
08-06-2011, 08:13 PM
I saw somebody call another person a jumper a few days ago. I think its just a rusher.

Another thing, dont make up exscuses when u die....In almost eveyr fight that I win, the other person will say somthing like 'lag' or something....its like..YOU DIED. GET OVER IT. What I hate even more is when Im in a 1v1 fight and the other person says go. I win and they go calling me a rusher...wtf...they said go....well,.....people need to stop noob and get over their death and learn about what they are calling others -__-

Not accusing you of this, but if they said go they still might not be buffed. Bears need to double buff beckon, so their whole sequence can take 7-8 seconds. If you went in and attacked before then, that's a rush. Or if you've started too close and you can attack almost immediately after buffing, before they're all finished, that's a rush.

Conradin
08-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Not accusing you of this, but if they said go they still might not be buffed. Bears need to double buff beckon, so their whole sequence can take 7-8 seconds. If you went in and attacked before then, that's a rush. Or if you've started too close and you can attack almost immediately after buffing, before they're all finished, that's a rush.

You mean taunt right? And yea, on my bear I do taunt twice, evade, iron blood and rage- which is alot of buffing.

Better than STS
08-07-2011, 03:37 AM
Only rule is im the best pvper ever...

------Twinktastic-------------------
! God
! Arousing
! 13 Inches.
! Has More Money Than You.
! -----------—-------------------
This shrine shall stand here until crushed by the banhammer!

Conradin
08-07-2011, 10:03 AM

! God
! Arousing
! 13 Inches.

Good to see ya on- you foxy criminal :p- I'll give ya 2 days til your banned on here. text me sometimes bro.

EDIT: nvm you already are.

Zaltiar
08-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Unless a miracle occurs, I'm guessing people aren't going to follow any specific rules.
I just pvp-ed with my 15 twink, and at least 4 times i was having a 1v1, some one else interrupted (just came during the near end of my match and killed me.)
I tried explaining, but, nothing doing. :| bah. Im just gonna go to ffa games now. lol

Zaltiar
08-07-2011, 10:36 AM

! God
! Arousing
! 13 Inches.

LOL! this is an inevitable ban waiting to happen. :highly_amused:

simnar_
08-07-2011, 10:40 AM
*runs away* *kites* *rushes* *gets booted from forums*

Conradin
10-11-2011, 09:09 PM
lol siminar

crestmage
10-13-2011, 08:09 PM
pERSONALLY I THINK THAT ALIEN UNDERGROUND is the best out there for ffa. when u enter alien underground, its mostly ffa.

Imsebastiaanl
10-14-2011, 06:10 AM
good work, but most forum people know I guess...