PDA

View Full Version : New patch, can't log in.

csb
08-05-2011, 05:21 PM
About an hour ago, I logged in and a chat system message said the server was comming down, so i logged off. I waited a bit, and logged back in. A patch started downloading. Now I can't log in.

When I try to log in it says "Receiving android014.pak" for about 1 second, then switches to a brown screen with an "OK" button. The title is empty, and the brown area is probably supposed to have something in it, but is also empty. I push "OK" and I'm back at the login.

I cleared the PL app data, and tried to log in. I got the same problem. (I'm using a Droid X)

Nick41324
08-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Try deleting the app and reinstalling

Samhayne
08-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah, delete and reinstall probably best. Check out this article too: http://spacetimestudios.zendesk.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

csb
08-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I deleted, and reinstalled from the android market. During the download, I saw an SL beta download in the market, so I started downloading that at the same time. Maybe that resulted in both downloads failing to install. I should have just waited for PL to finish.

Again I tried to get PL from the market, now it says it can't install. It says "Installation error. Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card." I tried downloading PL again... got the same message when it got to the install step.

I tried installing from the web site. A few months ago, this worked. But, the last time I tried that, it downloaded but did not install. This time, it directed me to my gmail login, and seems to have used the market to download the app. I already tried the market. And, this trip to the market also failed with the same message.

So, I guess I have to do what I did last time I had a spectacular PL install fail... factory reset my phone, which worked last time.

I only have four other common programs installed on my phone. My phone is very close to factory default already. I wonder why I have so much trouble with the PL install process.

csb
08-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I read the link given by Samhayne. I did the following:
* rebooted the phone
* cleared the market data
* unmounted the SD card
* installed PL via market
* run PL, set options, log off
* reboot the phone

now it works

Silentarrow
08-05-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm getting stuck on authenticating, I'll try reinstalling.

Edit: Got through, I found out my connection was the problem.

KingFu
08-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Just deleted and reinstalling now. Takes ages :/