PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.2 Content Update (65869)

asommers
08-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Android Client 1.7.2.6 adds the Deal of the Day! Check back each day for daily specials.
The Continue button in the lobby has been added - it will now try to send you to a dungeon associated with one of your quests. If no such dungeon is found, it will send you to a dungeon appropriate to your level.
Inviting a friend from a pvp zone should correctly check the level range allowed before sending the invitation.
Fixed formatting of level too low message when trying to invite a friend to join you if their level is too low for the dungeon you are in.
Added label: "A Mysterious Entrance" to shadow caves entrance in Oasis

SUPAPRODIGY
08-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks

Kraze
08-05-2011, 06:08 PM
So what is the deal of the day and why no iOS love. After beta (regardless the reason) premium chars and now this starting to feel pretty left out...

JaytB
08-05-2011, 06:10 PM
So what is the deal of the day and why no iOS love. After beta (regardless the reason) premium chars and now this starting to feel pretty left out...

I feel your pain buddy, I guess we'll just have to have a little more patience :)

CanonicalKoi
Well, technically the Continue button's been changed, not added. Ugh. Hitting that is going to be a hard habit to break and I popped in and out of a bunch of people's games without wanting to be there in the first place. Plus, if I'm in town with a friend who needs a piece of gear on another of my chars, it's going to be change char>Join Game to go to town>put item in stash>change char>Join game>find I'm now in different instance of town>join friend, instead of change char>continue (because I left that char in Balefort last as normal)>put item in stash>change char>continue (which puts me back in the instance I was last in, where I left my friend).

Sam said in chat it was for the newbies, but really? They can use "Join Game", they can use the "Go to" in their quests or they can hit a town and go thru the portal to join in a random game. They really needed a fourth way to stumble into a game?

asommers
We are able to freely update the client for Android, so we use that to test out new features before an Apple submission.

-ALS

Elyseon
08-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Not to fond of the continue button. What if I've completed all quests?

Kraze
08-05-2011, 06:12 PM

I feel your pain buddy, I guess we'll just have to have a little more patience :)
One can only make so much lemon-aide

CanonicalKoi
08-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Ah....there is now an "Enter Towne" button below the Continue. Thanks. Now I just need to retrain my fingers.

Pandamoni
08-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Ah....there is now an "Enter Towne" button below the Continue. Thanks. Now I just need to retrain my fingers.

This. Must retrain fingers.

Register
08-05-2011, 07:44 PM

Show some iOS love, Sam!

Fyrce
08-05-2011, 08:53 PM
How about swap the location of the Enter Towne and Continue buttons? So Enter Towne is about the same as before.

CanonicalKoi
08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Hmm....After hitting Continue, it has dumped my level 56 mage into some level of Balefort and my 56 bird into some level of the swamp (curses upon muscle memory). Problem--I have done all of the Balefort quests on my mage and all of the swamp/feud quests on my bird, so something is haywhacky (technical term) with whatever is determining who to dump where.

Duped
08-05-2011, 10:17 PM
I'd also vote to keep the enter town button on top. Continue button is going to be unused for anyone with experience and it's got the prime real estate on the screen

Flickz
08-05-2011, 10:31 PM
You guys should add some new plat gear & do where we go for these deals?

Otukura
08-05-2011, 10:33 PM
One can only make so much lemon-aide

Why so sour?;)

Weak_Sauce
08-05-2011, 10:53 PM
One more vote in the not so fond of the new button category .. personally I think its unnecessary

Gluttony
08-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Android Client 1.7.2.6 adds the Deal of the Day! Check back each day for daily specials.

Daily deals for Andriod users; has STS invested in Droid stock?

We are able to freely update the client for Android, so we use that to test out new features before an Apple submission.

So, droid users will get weeks of daily deals before they are even offered to iOS users? Anyone care to post a screenshot of these daily deals? Maybe time to invest in a new phone.

/sigh