PDA

View Full Version : Contestant Sign-Up for Haikus' Contest

Otukura
08-05-2011, 07:41 PM
He wanted me to do this because "he's lazy, and I love him".

Anyway, if you are able to be on in 30 minutes, sign up, otherwise please don't.

Updated this a bit:

CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS & CONTESTANTS! STARTS AT 8 PM EASTERN.

100k pot

50k non asked, generous donation from Untoxic. Bigger pot, HARDER rules. ( Thanks, bro!:))

EDITTED RULES: No adds of the volunteers, since I have one in each town, it shouldn't be that hard. So, you search the Townes & pick up as you see. A race to find the most items, still stands. Just harder.

I need 10 volunteers & 10 contestants.

The volunteers will stand in town with the 10 of the same item, for each contestant.

The contestant finds each volunteer. I'd make a noob character, if I were you, to avoid list jumping.

Rules:

Be the fastest. You can join whatever town however you like. Start from the one in Shadow Caves, Balefort, don't matter. Whoever reports back to me with all items wins 50k. You must add me, & the ten volunteers. If you spot the volunteer pm them "Contest", & they'll give you the item (once they spot you, as well, I know they can just pm you that). They will not move from that spot. The matches will start in 3 FH matches locked with the password "p", to prevent starting ahead. Otu, Myself, & CanonicalKoi will be in each room. This will span from every town. So, yes, you must have premium camps.

Once I get 10 volunteers, & 10 contestants. I shall update this post with a time, & we shall begin.

Volunteers: Generalriggs, Kraze, ScarecrowWolf, Toxicmerchant, Redbridge, GreatSpy, Xavier1zx, Jedispartan, Acy2000, Whirlzap. 10!! Done. (All who don't have me added, add me on that character & let me know here or in pm who to add back. [don't add randoms :o])

Contestants:

It'll be held in every town. FH town, Balefort Town, Fathom Town, LE Town, SSC Town, Swamp Town, Balefort Town, AO town. Hence the title, you'll be around Alterra in 10 minutes or less. EDIT: THERE WILL BE TWO SWAMP PEOPLE, due to not being able to get into Shadow Cave Town

Hope this goes well. Thanks!

P.S. When I get volunteers, add me in game, if we are not already friends. I'll give you each 10 of a different items from each other. For those who lose, just liquidate "said junk" for like 1k. Everyone wins. :D Also, don't tell your opponents where the character is, you wanna win. Don't you? Common sense, just stating. Anyway, hope y'all volunteer & play!

Thanks!

:)

Whirlzap
08-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Wait, wait I want to file a complaint.
The contestants get stuff, but the volunteers who spend their time helping get..nothing?
>.< ....
D=

Otukura
08-05-2011, 08:04 PM
The contestants get stuff, but the volunteers who spend their time helping get..nothing?
>.< ....
D=

We get self gratification, if it even happens.

Tvis
08-05-2011, 08:06 PM
>.< ....
D=

Isn't that the meaning of "volunteer"?

Haikus
08-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Heh, volunteers work for free. I mean, that is why you volunteer. Do from goodness of your heart & for fun. Fail organization. No contestants.

Whirlzap
08-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Hey I can be on in 15 minutes from now=D
I shall be Mr.Nice Volunteer Guy>.<

Lowlyspy
08-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Im getting sick of the greed from everybody, who cares if we dont get anything, there is such a thing as helping out for free. Now i may be a simple southern boy but i do know one thing, i prefer my southern hospitality, where we're glad to help out whether we get something or not, to the greed ive been seeing on these forums lately.

Whirlzap
08-05-2011, 08:12 PM
>.< ....
D=

joking(Verb)present participle ofjoke(Verb)
1. Make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly.
2. Poke fun at: "he was pretending to joke his daughter". More »
From Merriam-Webster The Free Dictionary

I believe this is your answer, Lowly.

Lowlyspy
08-05-2011, 08:19 PM
You should word your sentences better then, cuz it sure as heck didnt sound like you were joking.

Redbridge
08-05-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm known for my gullibility but even i got that one from Whirl.....LOL

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over text, eh? :welcoming:

EDIT: wait..... did i just agree with Whirlz...... [falls on floor]

Otukura
08-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Jake told me to close this. That's why he didn't post it.. didn't want to have a useless thread under his name. The whole world is against me :(