PDA

View Full Version : Warning to all guilds

Lowlyspy
08-06-2011, 12:07 AM
I found out today that we have a serial guild-trasher among the beta players. His IGN is soldierbeta. I was informed by one of my officers that he has been openly trashing my guild, he has been saying things such as "worst guild ever" and "ive been in better". I will have it be known that his statements are nothing but slanderous lies therefore he has been dismissed from my guild. I have also been informed that he has been in several guilds and been kicked for the same reason. Just a warning to all guild masters and officers to keep an eye out for him.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Thanks For heads up

WhoIsThis
08-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Sigh.

I guess this type of player was inevitable. I'll check to make sure he/she isn't in Knights of Cydonia.

Edit: Confirmed he isn't. I'll bring this to the attention of the senior members if I have to.

Wretch
08-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Not to defend the so called offender....

I understand the need and want of a guild reputation, but I don't think names should be called out on the forum, I think it should be kept to PMs only.

Just trying to avoid flame war and lock.

In the end people will get what they deserve!

Otukura
08-06-2011, 12:55 AM
I think that might be reportable..

-- encourages or constitutes behavior that does not support a safe and comfortable environment for all users, including but not limited to bullying, vigilantism, engaging in any conduct or activity that is threatening, harmful, harassing, abusive, vulgar, hateful, defamatory, lewd, sexually provocative, suggestive, or explicit, inflammatory, profane, racially or ethnically objectionable, religious or political, or in any manner encourages inappropriate, disrespectful, abusive, or unlawful conduct or otherwise makes the Software Product an uncomfortable experience for anyone;

Elyseon
08-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Well this is the best way to contact the most guilds, and I'm sure they are glad to be warned of this. Also if u show bad behavior ur names gonna get spread around.

Lowlyspy
08-06-2011, 01:04 AM
I think that might be reportable..

-- encourages or constitutes behavior that does not support a safe and comfortable environment for all users, including but not limited to bullying, vigilantism, engaging in any conduct or activity that is threatening, harmful, harassing, abusive, vulgar, hateful, defamatory, lewd, sexually provocative, suggestive, or explicit, inflammatory, profane, racially or ethnically objectionable, religious or political, or in any manner encourages inappropriate, disrespectful, abusive, or unlawful conduct or otherwise makes the Software Product an uncomfortable experience for anyone;

It might count as hateful but im not going to report him, the way i figure it most the guilds will look at this and know wat his angle is before he is let in.

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 01:09 AM
It might count as hateful but im not going to report him, the way i figure it most the guilds will look at this and know wat his angle is before he is let in.

If he's doing it to guilds, who knows what he's doing to individual players. So I'd vote report him anyway.

swordlover
08-06-2011, 01:14 AM
I am the leader of sky warriors and I have a warning watch out for the player named themanya he will ask for u to goto a website and wen u do virus alert it trashes ur com

Pman3255
08-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Ya sword I saw him too beware

Lowlyspy
08-06-2011, 01:33 AM
I am the leader of sky warriors and I have a warning watch out for the player named themanya he will ask for u to goto a website and wen u do virus alert it trashes ur com

Thank you for the warning, but i didnt make this thread for everyone to post about the bad people they have encountered. An entire thread about bad people will only end in a flame war and eventual lock.

xero
08-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Agreed.

WowThisGuy
08-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Hey this is Nas officer of EBK, remember me? Anyway I never went to his website or anythin but after he pm me his website everytime I tried to chat it would spam his fb. weird huh? Anyway after I banned him I seen him in Anarchy guild LOL. I told one of the members but I doubt they said anything.

WowThisGuy
08-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Then why tell us his IGN?

Lowlyspy
08-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Then why tell us his IGN?
if its me ur asking my reason is simple, if i just say "watch out for a guy with a face and hair" then that isnt rlly gonna help anyone. The best way to protect the other guilds is to warn them about the guy and to let them know exactly who it is they should watch out for.

skavenger216
08-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the heads up, lowlyspy! I'll let my officers know to keep an eye out, this is definitely not the kind of person we would want in our guild.

Flowman
08-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Wait he's a d-bag? We'll take him.

kidding. kind of.

Acyer
08-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Hence the reason we make new recruits go thru a application process before they are even invited.

Thenill
08-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Thx lowlyspy for the heads up. This is more then likely the best way to handle this, and get it out there. This way everyone knows what to look for.

He could make alts and keep doing it so in the end the name only helps for now. And many peoples accounts have been banned, and they are back the next day with a new email and name. So in this situation we are on the short end of the stick.

But again thx for the heads up all help that lets people know about fun crashers is nice to have.

CrimsonTider
08-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I agree with Elly. If he is going around joining guilds then trashing them as soon as he gets the guild name under his IGN, he needs reported. Probably looking to make his own guild with the hopes others will follow because of his "rumors". Will keep an eye out. Thanks!

apoceq
08-06-2011, 11:45 AM
99.9% of the guilds out there INSTA TAG players. Thats right I saw 4 noobs in Blackstar late last night get tagged by the same guild...right before my eyes.

So to all you guilds out there who tag everyone that comes out of training, get used to these kind of posts. Have a great day :)

Not saying yall do that Lowly...just be careful.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Recruting noobs right out of training not the greatest idea IMO..

apoceq
08-07-2011, 09:36 AM
TTT, wow its funny to watch the guilds recruit one after another out of training. Yall keep doing that, we will stay small and keep it REALZ YO! :)

xero
08-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Hence the reason we make new recruits go thru a application process before they are even invited.

The application can be falsified to get th desired result lol... just saying.

As for those who say that you shouldn't recruit people fresh out of training, id have to agree. I was one of those that got recruited JUST as I finished the tutorial (Sovereign from Blackstar Militia can attest to that since he was the one that did it). However, after I had a chance to play with the members of BSM, lowlyspy started asking about the possibility of having a guild bank. I thought it over before I said I wanted to fill the slot. Haven't looked back since :). I'm sure low hasn't either (or at least I HOPE he hasnt looked back anyway lol).

Flowman
08-07-2011, 10:58 AM

As for those who say that you shouldn't recruit people fresh out of training, id have to agree. I was one of those that got recruited JUST as I finished the tutorial (Sovereign from Blackstar Militia can attest to that since he was the one that did it). However, after I had a chance to play with the members of BSM, lowlyspy started asking about the possibility of having a guild bank. I thought it over before I said I wanted to fill the slot. Haven't looked back since :). I'm sure low hasn't either (or at least I HOPE he hasnt looked back anyway lol).

The application is to simply verify that the person applying on the forum is the same person in game.
The real application isn't written.

Cahaun
08-07-2011, 11:25 AM
If only we can post these "people to look out for" on the bounty board on the Blackstar. ;)

Lowlyspy
08-07-2011, 11:25 AM

We try not to recruit right out of training, apparently sov didnt get the memo -_-. But in the case if xero, im happy he did. Sometimes people who are right out of training are eager to get playing and once they are higher, are a great asset to any guild. Im not saying that the only people we recruit are brand new trainees, but no guild can deny that they've never recruited a person straight out of training.

WowThisGuy
08-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Good idea...we should have a board of some kind on the BlackStar

CappinClutch
08-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Wait he's a d-bag? We'll take him.

kidding. kind of.

LOL!

CappinClutch
08-07-2011, 01:13 PM
If only we can post these "people to look out for" on the bounty board on the Blackstar. ;)

I have a "Banned and Deserted" list on our guild forum in my Officer's section just so that certain people don't get re recruited, not to say that they don't have an alt or two or three running around, but I'm sure those too will at some point rear their ugly heads...*sigh* original Beta was so nice and mature and quiet...

Lesrider
08-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Please tell me there's a way to block guild invites so those of us not in guilds don't get spammed constantly.

Flowman
08-07-2011, 01:38 PM
We try not to recruit right out of training, apparently sov didnt get the memo -_-. But in the case if xero, im happy he did. Sometimes people who are right out of training are eager to get playing and once they are higher, are a great asset to any guild. Im not saying that the only people we recruit are brand new trainees, but no guild can deny that they've never recruited a person straight out of training.

Haha one of your guys attempted to 'recruit' my account I use to go on and pester people just the other day. It's a lvl 1.

99% sure it was Sovereign.