View Full Version : Dragon hunter staff intended for warriors?

Ulfric
05-27-2016, 07:24 AM
Hey guys I would like to share my opinions regarding the Arcane staff level 46. Correct me if I am wrong or support me if you think I'm right. Firstly the stats are good but just a few weeks after I bought my arcane staff sts nerf the damage (lost around 100 damage). But keeping that aside, it seem to me that the dragon hunter staff's damage reduction is something that is really not needed by the sorcerers as they are spell casters & rely on their magic's to protect themself. It would have been a lot better off with the warriors. The sorcerers should have the ability to stun, freeze, root,etc but here we all know the rogues & warriors have those skills instead & this seems unfair in my opinion. this is like Rubik building butterfly and assault cuiras in case anyone plays Dota 2.
So I would like to request a change that will actually be useful for sorcerers.
Please comment bellow what you would like if there would be any changes. Thank you.

will0
05-27-2016, 07:35 AM
i hardly use consecrate spell the "wildfire" is more usefull on the mythic staff though the stats lost

Niixed
05-27-2016, 08:34 AM
The Dragon Hunter Staff damage was NOT nerfed. It was just a display error, the actual damage output never changed.

diimitrii
05-27-2016, 02:31 PM
i hardly use consecrate spell the "wildfire" is more usefull on the mythic staff though the stats lost
Dragon hunter staff has a verry OP auto attack proc, thats proc keeps me away from new weapons.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

resurrected
05-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Proc is designed way like you can use it not for only protect yourself but also team mates. Its what we call teamwork

soon
05-27-2016, 03:16 PM
Dragon hunter staff has a verry OP auto attack proc, thats proc keeps me away from new weapons.

Two mage using the flame staff destroy one boss using only normal attack. The proc is very OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLc7rOX9Tws

Dex Scene
05-27-2016, 03:37 PM
Two mage using the flame staff destroy one boss using only normal attack. The proc is very OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLc7rOX9Tws
why are those mobs standing frozen?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
05-27-2016, 04:03 PM
why are those mobs standing frozen?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Part of a time shift mastery probably

Dex Scene
05-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Part of a time shift mastery probably
but they are frozen forever without having to do anything. Its like those cheats they used to use in COD haha

Schnitzel
05-27-2016, 04:06 PM
but they are frozen forever without having to do anything. Its like those cheats they used to use in COD haha

Yea, clock mastery has a chance to freeze the enemy permanently

Befs
05-27-2016, 07:18 PM

The wildfire proc (if it hits both heston and preston) can melt their entire health in seconds. Also incredible in elites since it spreads.

Binlaggin
05-27-2016, 08:13 PM
That staff got outdated by a level 54 legendary gun worth 500k, only a couple of months after it was released. Seems to be in line with its predecessor, the 46 mythic gun, being outdated in 2 months as well. Haven't tested the new cryostar runed gun but that looks to be better than the staff as well

Jbrtiamwatt
05-27-2016, 10:21 PM
Iahdiwshidwbsjzj

Jbrtiamwatt
05-27-2016, 10:23 PM
Very strong staff
staff

Jbrtiamwatt
05-27-2016, 10:25 PM
Ucishxcijsbxosbsichsisj

Jiinzou
05-28-2016, 02:13 AM
Very strong staff
staff
Drugs are bad

Jiinzou
05-28-2016, 02:15 AM
Bah imo the arc staff still the best and i wont spend gold on a 51 weap with meh stats that will probably be outdated in the upcoming summer.

Ulfric
05-28-2016, 04:35 AM
The Dragon Hunter Staff damage was NOT nerfed. It was just a display error, the actual damage output never changed.
Why has they not fixed that yet? I doubt it is just a display.

Sent from my Iris X8 L using Tapatalk

Ulfric
05-28-2016, 04:48 AM
Proc is designed way like you can use it not for only protect yourself but also team mates. Its what we call teamwork
A better team play would be, each class playing their own role. There are noob tanks without horn of renew because they think they deal too less damage, rogues who won't use mana pots relying on mage to support them. So a better reallocation of the procs would be :
Damage reduction for tanks
Electrocute for mage &
Armor reduction with the crit & damage buff for rogues.
Warriors & rogues have their value on their arcane weapon but sorcerers arcane weapon is pointless except the stats.

resurrected
05-28-2016, 06:33 AM
A better team play would be, each class playing their own role. There are noob tanks without horn of renew because they think they deal too less damage, rogues who won't use mana pots relying on mage to support them. So a better reallocation of the procs would be :
Damage reduction for tanks
Electrocute for mage &
Armor reduction with the crit & damage buff for rogues.
Warriors & rogues have their value on their arcane weapon but sorcerers arcane weapon is pointless except the stats.
don't play with em. And proc isn't really useless. Its OP in PvP especially if you use it wise. It got damage reduction and its 20-25%? It works like 50% of nekro shield. Shield done use proc and its already extra boost for team

Ulfric
05-28-2016, 06:59 AM
don't play with em. And proc isn't really useless. Its OP in PvP especially if you use it wise. It got damage reduction and its 20-25%? It works like 50% of nekro shield. Shield done use proc and its already extra boost for team
I'm not saying it doesn't help but would have been much better off if warriors had that instead cuz no matter how much damage reduction it give a sorcerer is gonna go down in no time. It is like giving a pen to a warrior & a sword to a poet. Do you still disagree with me?

resurrected
05-28-2016, 07:13 AM
I'm not saying it doesn't help but would have been much better off if warriors had that instead cuz no matter how much damage reduction it give a sorcerer is gonna go down in no time. It is like giving a pen to a warrior & a sword to a poet. Do you still disagree with me?

Warrior got health , armor and damage reduction skills such like jugg and chest splitter. And yes i am. IMO mage need it more than war