PDA

View Full Version : In-game FAQ

CanonicalKoi
08-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Everybody gets the same questions all the time from newer players--"How do I trade? Where do I buy potions? How do I join a game? Where's the CS?". My suggestion is to put the Towne Crier to work. Hey! As it is now, that slacker is only working during the holidays! ;) Besides his normal announcements, add a button that says something like, "Hey! You look like you're new around here. Can I help you find something?" This would lead to a menu of questions like the above:
How do I join a game?
What and where is the CS?
Where can I buy potions?
How do I trade with someone?
How do I avoid scammers?
How do I join my friend?
What's the difference between a potion and an elixir?
Where can I get other questions about the game answered? -- this one could give the URL for the forums.

Each question would be a button that would link off to the answer. I'm sure most folks (like me) don't mind answering the questions, but it would give the newer people a resource for finding answers when there isn't a more experienced player available. I'm sure there are other questions, but these are the ones I run into the most often. Just a thought. :)

Physiologic
08-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes - the Towne Crier needs to shape up. I suggested something of a random "tip of the day" thing, i.e. an automatically generated message everytime a player clicks on it. To highlight the importance of his new job, he would be glowing (kinda like how the Elixir Vendor and quest NPCs light up). But yes, a multitude of FAQs/Q&As to pick out as a beginner would be nice to put in his dialogue scheme.

Conradin
08-06-2011, 11:50 AM
+3 great idea

SUPAPRODIGY
08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Agree many noobie players dont know how to do any of this so they get frustrated and quit the game....

PatsoeGamer
08-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Huge benefit to new players! Great idea!!!

superglut2
08-14-2011, 02:42 AM
tip of the day would be nice

Sulfurus
08-14-2011, 02:58 AM
When you are new to PL it's hard to get some info 'bout how to play. The tutorial isn't so good it only shows you how to fight... If you want to get more infos you must ask someone (it's hard to ask if you don't know how to speak) or watch a tutorial on youtube. So i think a better tutorial or tips from town criers would be really nice!