PDA

View Full Version : Ability to fight one vs one, against opponent-type of choice

brian_spence_ni
08-06-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm trying to teach myself pvp beyond the basic guides. As a bear, it can be a bit frustrating. My motivation is to prepare for an all-bear pvp tournament and I don't really want to fight against enchantresses or archers (what really is the point; the builds are different for a reason).

Other than going for a password and inviting people, are there any arenas in the game that are one vs one, and if so can you stipulate which type of opponent to fight?

If not - game oversight!

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately, no.

There are no 1v1 maps, or a way to expect only random bears to join.

Best way is to get a friend and lock.

PS, you should have trained earlier, the tourney is already on going :p

brian_spence_ni
08-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh, I have been training. I should be okayish against a bear, given all my fights seem to have been against birds. One look at the profile of the players within pvp fights should tell the staff that there is either a disparity or an oversight imo. It's quite hard to enjoy this part of the game, when it's about 70% bird, 25% enchantress, and 5% bear.

Ellyidol
08-06-2011, 07:38 PM
That's good :)

And yeah, unfortunately that ratio exists in any game. There will always be lesser tanks than any other class (well in general). More so here, because there is almost no real berserker type of bear.

Good luck btw, hope you've contacted your opponent :)

Fouless
08-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Sorry, I think you can only pvp the players who are there? Now that you mentioned it I realize that you are'nt the only one who is bad at pvp. I am too! What is weird is even though I am almost lvl thirty I still get killed by everyone below. Mostly Ursans and Elves!

WhoIsThis
08-06-2011, 11:54 PM
You can always create a private game and invite friendly bears.

Slush
08-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Hey, add me on Slush my bear, we can practice a bit since I'm in the tourney too (won my first match :D)

brian_spence_ni
08-09-2011, 05:31 AM
I just won too. If you want to meet at a certain time gmt +- time, let me know. I'm fairly inexperienced but have good gear.