PDA

View Full Version : Red hardlight shield?

Technique
08-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I've seen a couple people running around with this, where do you get it?

Generalriggs
08-06-2011, 07:43 PM
What people? Do you have a screen shot?

Fatpigwarrior
08-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I saw ppl at FH with it where!!!!!??? is it!

Zaltiar
08-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Lol I have 2, from daily deal. Its called crimson holoshield. Costs 50plat

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Silentarrow
08-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Oh... Too bad us IOS users can't get it.

Otukura
08-06-2011, 07:51 PM

Thank you, so it is worth updating then, I guess.

Lesrider
08-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Lol guess people showed them they're willing to pay 50 plat for vanity items, so that's the going rate now.

WoundedEagle
08-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Wait how do I get it?

Technique
08-06-2011, 07:55 PM

What is daily deal?

Otukura
08-06-2011, 07:57 PM
If you're on an android, download the latest client(1.7.2.6), and it'll have it.

Technique
08-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Where can I download the update from? It's not in the marketplace

WoundedEagle
08-06-2011, 08:02 PM
So mad...

Technique
08-06-2011, 08:04 PM
So I got the update and its not there :( am I to late?

WoundedEagle
08-06-2011, 08:05 PM
It doesn't make sense. Seems like it shoal be a patch. Or they should release it on all devices. The Android thing makes me aggravated.

Lesrider
08-06-2011, 08:05 PM
What's up with this Android exclusive bs?

We iOS folks are second class citizens now :p

Otukura
08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Where can I download the update from? It's not in the marketplace

Weird, it should be. Click HERE (http://account.spacetimestudios.com/download/PocketLegends.apk) to download it, make sure allow third party applications to be installed is checked.

So I got the update and its not there :( am I to late?
You know on the home screen where it shows your friend's list icon and the world map icon? On the left of both of them is another icon for the daily deal.

Technique
08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Yea all it has is a discounted 3X elixer, no shield :(

Kraze
08-06-2011, 08:10 PM
iOS players are second class gammers didnt you know?

Otukura
08-06-2011, 08:14 PM

I wonder if it's different for different people...

Technique
08-06-2011, 08:16 PM

I wonder if it's different for different people...

So some get a cool shield and all I get is a cheap elixer? :(
Well thanks a lot for your help :)
Maybe it will show up after the 5 hours on the elixers deal is up.
Can any devs comment on this?

Lesrider
08-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Another thing, 50 plat? Might as well look me straight in the face and call me stupid. Unless there's some sort of perk which comes along with it that I may not know about?

If you tried to sell cereal but people didn't buy it till you added a plastic prize to it, and then rushed to buy every box on the shelves, wouldn't you then try to sell the little plastic toy alone (in a different color) for the same price? Since that's what was selling, after all.

Otukura
08-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Another thing, 50 plat? Might as well look me straight in the face and call me stupid. Unless there's some sort of perk which comes along with it that I may not know about.
edit: Les said it, I left this page open for 5-6 minutes

So some get a cool shield and all I get is a cheap elixer? :(
Well thanks a lot for your help :)
Maybe it will show up after the 5 hours on the elixers deal is up.
Can any devs comment on this?

Time Zones maybe? Mine has ~22 hours left for the shield. Maybe everyone gets a new deal, at say, 5 PM their time.

Whirlzap
08-06-2011, 08:24 PM
So they don't bring back Hardlight, because they said "limited time, never again!"
But they decide to work it around and just give a red version of it.
What the heck?

Whirlzap
08-06-2011, 08:27 PM
This is just dumb...you could be getting 5 auction slots or some new characters!
50 platinum for a measly shield is like 2/3 times 10... Is about 7 dollars.
Atleast the Hardlight gave a reservation-.-

Technique
08-06-2011, 08:29 PM
It's 6:40 where I'm at right now, I guess all I can do is hope it shows up after the elixers. Thanks for being so helpful.

noobmigo
08-06-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm going to go cry now.

PL is officially turning into an official business scheme. It had to happen though. :o

Moogerfooger
08-06-2011, 08:36 PM

And Droid players are second-class spellers, apparently :p

Moogerfooger
08-06-2011, 08:37 PM

Agreed. Regardless of what platform/OS, BS. And I would say the same if plat items were offered for iOS users only.

noobmigo
And Droid players are second-class spellers, apparently.

Lol'd.

:o

Go iOS! Except the problem of our approval process.

Otukura
This is just dumb...you could be getting 5 auction slots or some new characters!
50 platinum for a measly shield is like 2/3 times 10... Is about 7 dollars.
Atleast the Hardlight gave a reservation-.-
Actually, 6 auction slots. Get 5 for 40p then 1 for 10p. :p

It's 6:40 where I'm at right now, I guess all I can do is hope it shows up after the elixers. Thanks for being so helpful.
I was just picking a random time, and no prob.

Moogerfooger
08-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Lol'd.

:o

Go iOS! Except the problem of our approval process.

Ain't that the truth!

noobmigo
08-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Ain't that the truth!

Yes sir! Perhaps we should flood the Apple Emails with rants?

Otukura
08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Go iOS!

Ain't that the truth!

You guys are in denial.

noobmigo
08-06-2011, 08:43 PM
You guys are in denial.

Your head is filled with ice cream. Go away. -.-

Ayc2000
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Hmm I don't have android so:(
Even if I did I don't have enough platinum as it is so XD oh well

Otukura
08-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Your head is filled with ice cream. Go away. -.-

There are worse places than my head.

Lesrider
08-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Are you guys really blaming Apple for this, too?
Gonna blame them for your burnt dinner, as well? (Ok, that might work if you're too distracted by your iDevice to notice it's burning :p).

Little fun story for you guys:

http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/sex-love-and-smartphones-133939

Elyseon
08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Wow sounds awesome! Too bad I'm on iPod :(

Otukura
08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Apple makes bad sammiches. 'nuff said.

Moogerfooger
08-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Apple makes bad sammiches. 'nuff said.

Obnoxious fans of any platform make the worst sammiches. 'nuff said.

;)

Flickz
08-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Apple users will forever get stuff last if its really that bad switch to an android otherwise your complaining isnt going to change anything...

CanonicalKoi
08-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Hmmm.....have to admit it seems a little unfair (cue voice-over stating that life isn't fair. yeah, yeah. I know.). I remember back in the day (yay for sounding like an old coot. Get off my lawn!) when Android was first coming on-board and this and that had to be delayed because it wouldn't be fair to have whatever before the Android people got on. Now? Cut-rate elixir offer....if you're on Android. Re-release of Hardlight....if you're on Android. Ability to play the game, even if in beta format.....if you're on Android. Devs? What happened to the "We're all one-big happy family" thing? Some of us are feeling a little left out in the cold.

Moogerfooger
08-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Apple users will forever get stuff last if its really that bad switch to an android otherwise your complaining isnt going to change anything...

We didn't get PL last :) and I have both, although my Droid is dead due to dropping it in a pool. Thanks for your troll post though, made me giggle.

Lesrider
08-06-2011, 09:21 PM
We didn't get PL last :) and I have both, although my Droid is dead due to dropping it in a pool. Thanks for your troll post though, made me giggle.

I think you should drop the iPhone in a pool, too, just to see if it holds up better. All in the name of science ;)

CanonicalKoi
08-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Lol, beat me to it, Moog. I was going to add that the entire known universe is not yet covered by a web of cellular coverage. There is none where I live. Nada. I'd have to drive 2 to 5 miles up the road and park it on the shoulder to even use a cell phone, so Android? No use to me whatsoever. Still standing (well, sitting) by, waiting with my iPad (ooh! A tablet device! That also came out before Android's. *ahem* ;) )

ChrisCall
08-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I think in a way its good that the daily deal isnt put on ios. Less amount of people that would regret buying a vanity shield ;). Just think about it...do you really need to spend 50 plat on some vanity or customized item...my opinion not really. Its like the sales they do in any store...oh look its a sale :D can get for lower price (but is it really lower price ;)) ill buy it :D. But in the end it turns out you wasted your money. Yeah it might look like a buisness scheme but hey just like everyone they gotta make money. And if people are willing to buy it then hey props to the company. In a buisness point of view well its smart. People want to buy it so why not. Anyways the point im trying to make is spacetime needs to make money and if people buy it good for the company. But you dont have to buy it but if you do and regret it in the end well...you either fell into the trap and the hunger for it got the best of you or you may have just noticed its useless in the end. Like the shield for an example...its just for looks and pointless to buy (but thats my opinion) unless the shield can improve your stats ;) then that may be a different story ;).

Anyways i think the company will put the daily deal on all devices. Just like between android and ios for release on star legends beta well...ios has to wait little longer for it.

I have ios and all i say is whatever it takes :).

Otukura
08-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Lol, beat me to it, Moog. I was going to add that the entire known universe is not yet covered by a web of cellular coverage. There is none where I live. Nada. I'd have to drive 2 to 5 miles up the road and park it on the shoulder to even use a cell phone, so Android? No use to me whatsoever. Still standing (well, sitting) by, waiting with my iPad (ooh! A tablet device! That also came out before Android's. *ahem* ;) )

Wrong! There were plenty of androids before the iPad.

Moogerfooger
08-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I think you should drop the iPhone in a pool, too, just to see if it holds up better. All in the name of science ;)

Haha. Haven't replaced the Droid yet but will eventually.

Moogerfooger
08-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Tablet device, not all Droids.

Otukura
08-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Tablet device, not all Droids.

Oh, we were a year later with those. :(

Lesrider
08-06-2011, 09:38 PM

For the love of god, these new smilies have GOT to go!

Bebsi
08-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry to use ur thread, but many people were asking me, so I thought I might post a pic...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/crimsonholo1.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/crimsonholo2.jpg

I explained it very often, but people still don't get it, so sry for answering in ur thread

Just click on the bag with the dollar sign...

Thx

P.S.: From now on u still have about 13 hours or so (to buy it), unfortunately these items can't be traded :(

Otukura
08-06-2011, 09:40 PM
IKR? Look at this: :cool::cool::cool::cool:

CanonicalKoi
08-06-2011, 09:41 PM

D'oh! Teach me to read the whole thread. (Was going to ask when Android released a tablet cause I was honestly curious.) I see dat dere has been covered already. And no, I have no kick about Android. I'm sure they're fine, upstanding devices that always phone their mothers once a week and eat all their veggies and... :D

ChrisCall
08-06-2011, 09:41 PM

lol i like them better :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

asommers
08-06-2011, 09:42 PM
We're not singling out iOS users, we just have the ability to instantly update the Android client. This feature will be made available with the next client submission (1.7.3).

-ALS

Kraze
08-06-2011, 10:07 PM

And Droid players are second-class spellers, apparently :p
I'm an iOS player..sometimes strange typos happen posting from phone

Technique
08-06-2011, 10:11 PM
We're not singling out iOS users, we just have the ability to instantly update the Android client. This feature will be made available with the next client submission (1.7.3).

-ALS

Did I miss out on it? Is there a reason why my daily deal in an elixer and some people have this shield?

And I don't know if this has been asked, is it a vanity shield or just an regular shield?

Redbridge
08-06-2011, 10:24 PM
WOW - that's steep, eh?

Bebsi
08-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Did I miss out on it? Is there a reason why my daily deal in an elixer and some people have this shield?

And I don't know if this has been asked, is it a vanity shield or just an regular shield?

The day before I had this offer with this shield (vanity item), I had an offer with an elixier (3x), too.
I'm not sure what they will offer tomorrow, but they know how to get my pocket money lol

Kraze
08-06-2011, 11:01 PM

-ALS

Just seems like a lot of shiny new things for droids...and a lot of waiting for iOS. The beta I can see the thought process. Discounted elixirs, premium chars and a vanity? These couldn't wait for the client update?

Gluttony
08-06-2011, 11:18 PM

Client update 1.7.3? So while iOS users wait weeks (maybe months depending on the process) Android users will get daily deals like half priced elixirs and vanity shield items? Seems a bit unfair imo, let me count the ways:

Premium starter characters (with 50 Additional Inventory Slots and 10 Additional Auction Slots FTW)
Armor item packs for level 1, level 5, level 10 and level 15 (the level 1 items cannot be purchased seperately)
Daily deals (offering ways to level up quicker with half prices elixirs and vanity shields to look cool while doing it)

To offset this iOS users get...

...to be continued.

Swimmingstar
08-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Not the devs fault they can't control apples approval. And apple users got the founders helm and they got 4 user slots in the beginning they got PL earlier so no one should be complaining. Things can't release at the same time. And it's not like they got the full sl game on droid already.

EDIT: ...and the apple users get the things above.

Kraze
08-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Not the devs fault they can't control apples approval. And apple users got the founders helm and they got 4 user slots in the beginning they got PL earlier so no one should be complaining. Things can't release at the same time. And it's not like they got the full sl game on droid already.
Ahh so using the founder helm argument. First not all iOS users got one. Second using your logic as an offset for the founder helm the droid gets all this stuff first I should expect a founder helm waiting for me in sl when it gets released right?

Technique
08-06-2011, 11:23 PM

The day before I had this offer with this shield (vanity item), I had an offer with an elixier (3x), too.
I'm not sure what they will offer tomorrow, but they know how to get my pocket money lol

Ok thanks so hopefully ill get the shield after the elixers, if I read your post right.

Gluttony
08-06-2011, 11:26 PM

Seriously, another Founders' helm reference, how many Founders' helms are there out there anyway... It's not comparable at all imo. I mean shouldn't both your arguements be offest by the fact that Android users got the droid costume, as well as get to test beta without any iOS users? That would be tit-for-tat:

Founders' helm (iOS exclusive) = Droid costume (Android exclusive)
First to play PL (iOS exclusive) = First to play SL (Android exclusive)

Now the real issue is why are these deals being offered for Android first, they could easily be offered at the same time. Now I agree that the devs cannot control Apple's approval process, but why offer something to one and omit the other. Apple wouldn't reject something simply because daily deals were offered, seems like a small update to include daily deals could be added without incident.

Kraze
08-06-2011, 11:29 PM

Seriously, another Founders' helm rant, not comparable at all. I mean shouldn't both your arguements be offest by the fact that Android users got the droid costume, as well as get to test beta without any iOS users? That would be tit-for-tat imo. I mean how many Founders' helms are there out there anyway.

Now the real issue is why are these deals being offered for Android first, they could easily be offered at the same time.
Exactly my point. Unless the daily deal is in a beta stage I guess...

Duped
08-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I suppose that all will be the same once the update comes, but STS sees $$$ to be made while Apple is still waiting to approve....

Maybe this is the "Plow deep while sluggards sleep" from Ben Franklin idea :)

I'm not saying this is fair, but it is what it is :/

Swimmingstar
08-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Well the shield is just for looks and no stats founders helm has 5 armor 5 damage
P.S. Please close thread

Kraze
08-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Well the shield is just for looks and no stats founders helm has 5 armor 5 damage
P.S. Please close thread
So you troll then ask for a closed thread? Please keep the founders helm flames in the correct threads not hard to find just use the search.

KingFu
08-06-2011, 11:40 PM
I barely missed it since my droid wasn't working and froze lol-.-

Gluttony
08-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Exactly my point. Unless the daily deal is in a beta stage I guess...

Lol, you quoted my unedited version; before I organized my thoughts in my head. Oh well, the point remains the same. I cannot believe that all of these offers are in the beta stages. The iOS users are waiting for a major overhaul to get access to what Android users have had for weeks now. Players could let some things slide such as the Premium starter characters, and that was a tough pill to swallow since you see toons everywhere in their new gear. I imagine Android users have a slight edge in pvp based on the new gear, perhaps even more of an edge than any Founders' helm recipient (note: players get booted for wearing a Founders' helm in pvp). Now come to find out there isn't even a glass of water to wash that horse tranquilizer sized pill down with? Daily deals, was that necessary? Not a singular item alone, but something each and every 24 hours that only Android users get until a client update? I couldn't even imagine being on the other side of this and thinking I'm entitled, it's just too much!

Zaltiar
08-06-2011, 11:42 PM
whats up with all the hate i see here? :\
lets all settle down for a while, if someone wants to buy the crimson holoshields, let them. its their money, they can do what ever they want with it.
Maybe they have it available in the daily deal's because of time zone differences.
Have patience, daily deal means a new deal each day, its bound to come back eventually. if not, there might be better items tomorrow, or the day after.
cheers.

Kraze
08-06-2011, 11:46 PM
whats up with all the hate i see here? :\
lets all settle down for a while, if someone wants to buy the crimson holoshields, let them. its their money, they can do what ever they want with it.
Maybe they have it available in the daily deal's because of time zone differences.
Have patience, daily deal means a new deal each day, its bound to come back eventually. if not, there might be better items tomorrow, or the day after.
cheers.
The discussion is about the fact that the daily deal isn't available to a portion of the community ans the thought process behind that decision.

Gluttony
08-06-2011, 11:52 PM
The discussion is about the fact that the daily deal isn't available to a portion of the community ans the thought process behind that decision.

I'm not sure that is what this discussion was intitally about, so if one would only read the op and a few comments they may miss what this thead has (d)evolved into.

Swimmingstar
08-06-2011, 11:52 PM
I am not trolling. Sorry if it seems like it to you but I didn't type anything bad.

Kraze
08-06-2011, 11:54 PM

I'm not sure that is what this discussion was intitally about, so if one would only read the op and a few comments they may miss what this thead has (d)evolved into.

Rofl good point had founder helm fury and forgot about the op. @ swim you brought the founder helm argument up when it had nothing at all to do with what was being discussed not once but twice.

Gluttony
08-06-2011, 11:58 PM
I am not trolling. Sorry if it seems like it to you but I didn't type anything bad.

Trolling: The act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards.

It wasn't anything "bad" but bring up the Founders' helm in an attempt to incite/revisit a riot is indeed trollish. When it is followed immediately by a request to lock the thread, there are only so many conclusion one can draw.

Kingofhurtz
08-07-2011, 01:04 AM
We iOS folks are second class citizens now :p

I wish there were a thumb-up emoticon...

Nick41324
08-07-2011, 01:12 AM
The iOS has a feature where u can wave ur phone and your character waves... Take that android

Swimmingstar
08-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Trolling: The act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards.

It wasn't anything "bad" but bring up the Founders' helm in an attempt to incite/revisit a riot is indeed trollish. When it is followed immediately by a request to lock the thread, there are only so many conclusion one can draw.
i have no idea what trolling is fyi so sorry

Bebsi
08-07-2011, 01:24 AM
I play pocket legends on both systems.

While I think the iOS version is better (e.g. i can type while fighting/running around --> doesn't work on my Android phone, seems unimportant but can be lifesaving in long fights), the fun (and frustration) remains the same.
If you're so mad about the daily deals, just borrow a friends Android phone for 2 minutes and you get your (exclusive) Android deal.

Because of the time difference (atm I'm in Asia) I can post on the forum what the daily deal might be in your region, so you can still think if you call your friend or not...

Kraze
08-07-2011, 01:27 AM
I play pocket legends on both systems.

While I think the iOS version is better (e.g. i can type while fighting/running around --> doesn't work on my Android phone, seems unimportant but can be lifesaving in long fights), the fun (and frustration) remains the same.
If you're so mad about the daily deals, just borrow a friends Android phone for 2 minutes and you get your (exclusive) Android deal.

Because of the time difference (atm I'm in Asia) I can post on the forum what the daily deal might be in your region, so you can still think if you call your friend or not...
Um yeah borrowing a friends phone isn't going to be a viable work around

Gluttony
08-07-2011, 01:34 AM

Decent suggestion if it's available to some maybe they will take it. Personally I'm not mad about missing the deals. I would never spend plat on perishable items (elixirs) nor would I spend 50 plat for a non stat vanity item. I believe it's more the idea behind this than anything; the game is a multi-platform game and for one group to get exclusive access to any aspect of the game for an extended period of time just seems to form a rift between the two is all.

Edit: I do hope that some nice Android user with screenshot capabilities is nice enough to post screenies of the daily deals that are unleashed. We will indeed see if there is anything to be "mad" about.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-07-2011, 01:36 AM
IOS is no longer need it spacetime studios have move on to android considering the fact they get everything first

Bebsi
08-07-2011, 01:45 AM
I know what you mean and some months ago I was thinking about stop playing PL, but 2 months later I just bought a cheap phone with Android 2.2.
After that I stopped complaining cause I still think the iOS version is better.

The daily deals are nothing but a way for the developers to earn some extra cash.
But I won't complain about it cause you can't just do all the work for free, right?

n00b13st
08-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Hmmm.....have to admit it seems a little unfair (cue voice-over stating that life isn't fair. yeah, yeah. I know.). I remember back in the day (yay for sounding like an old coot. Get off my lawn!) when Android was first coming on-board and this and that had to be delayed because it wouldn't be fair to have whatever before the Android people got on. Now? Cut-rate elixir offer....if you're on Android. Re-release of Hardlight....if you're on Android. Ability to play the game, even if in beta format.....if you're on Android. Devs? What happened to the "We're all one-big happy family" thing? Some of us are feeling a little left out in the cold.

I had the impression that other Apple device users were saying they had the elixir offer, just not the shield? So that's not seeming device specific. (And wait for the timer to finish counting down on your device and check again - that's when I saw the shield offer.)

SL launch waited for Apple and it seems Apple wouldn't say no - Apple won't let the Beta on their devices so STS finally let the rest of the Android users into the Beta. I'd blame Apple for that one.

I humbly beg forgiveness if I haven't followed the thread above accurately - correct me if so.

n00b13st
08-07-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm an iOS player..sometimes strange typos happen posting from phone

I think's that the most awesome thing I've seen in this thread of OS-chauvinism. :adoration:

Kraze
08-07-2011, 02:55 AM

I had the impression that other Apple device users were saying they had the elixir offer, just not the shield? So that's not seeming device specific. (And wait for the timer to finish counting down on your device and check again - that's when I saw the shield offer.)

SL launch waited for Apple and it seems Apple wouldn't say no - Apple won't let the Beta on their devices so STS finally let the rest of the Android users into the Beta. I'd blame Apple for that one.

I humbly beg forgiveness if I haven't followed the thread above accurately - correct me if so.

No daily deals of any kind on iOS. Additionally unless I missed something sl beta wasn't held up by apple.

Gluttony
08-07-2011, 03:35 AM
Additionally unless I missed something sl beta wasn't held up by apple.

You may have missed something, here is the recap:

Hello Apple iOS Users!

We wanted to give an update as to where we are with Star Legends becoming available on the Apple App Store. As you know, we submitted the game for Apple approval on July 11th (announcement post here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30671-Star-Legends-1.0.1-has-been-submitted-to-Apple!)). For Pocket Legends, we usually have new client approval turned around in 10 days to two weeks. However, Star Legends is not simply an update to an existing approved game, it is a full game in it's own right. So, it is in part understandable that approval for it would take longer than usual.

We know that many of you would like to know when you will be able to play Star Legends on your Apple device. Unfortunately, we can't give that estimate to you. We do not have an estimate from Apple when, or even if, Star Legends will be approved. We are waiting as well. If we have an update to that status, we will share it with you on all available channels. We are as excited to bring the game to you as you are to play it. Thanks again for your support for our games - we know that we wouldn't be anything without you, our fans.

Kraze
08-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Rofl I reread his post. I thought he was referring to the original beta release not the expanded beta. Learned my lesson late night plus lack of caffeine one should double read before replying.

nazgulking
08-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Every day is a good day to blame Apple.

P.S. I'm an iOS user

Kraze
08-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Every day is a good day to blame Apple.

P.S. I'm an iOS user
Eh perhaps for sl delay not so much for the daily deal

Fatpigwarrior
08-07-2011, 04:35 AM
I think it's kinda like this

OOOOH I love android coz they dance at shopping centers and apples meh they just get eaten ;)

Just a joke nothing bad I'm trying to say

Formora
08-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Anyone have a picture?

elianel
08-07-2011, 07:23 AM
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/thejoker177/4f931106.jpg

Formora
08-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Thanks Elianel!

Are people really paying 50p for this? It's exactly the same as the HardLight shield but red.

Gluttony
08-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Are people really paying 50p for this? It's exactly the same as the HardLight shield but red.

Yessir, they're paying and loving every minute of it. Just hope that STS stays away from integrating the two shields and getting sued by Capcom for copyright infringement of Resident Evil's Umbrella logo.

Lesrider
08-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Had another thought. If they charged less than 50p, imagine how many people who paid 50p for the white one (bc you know most people only bought the name reservation for the shield), would start complaining that they paid 50p for it and now a RED one is cheaper!

So win/win for STS. All the collectors will still pay 50p for it and not complain while doing so.

Register
08-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Whatever happened to "Limited Beta" for SL? Seems like now its become "iOS not welcome Beta".

And why should droid get all these nifty features before iOS? Because STS have them ready and are able to give it to droid, right? Correct. But why give it to them? Thats like saying to your two kids that you only have 1 last cookie but you will go out and buy more cookies an hour later. So you give it to your favorite kid...droid in this case. I bet that other kid feels pretty bad. iOS in this case.
Im not saying or assuming that STS favors droid over iOS but I think its a bad desicion to give one group of the community the "cookie" before the other part because they CAN get it first.

/mythoughts

Lol look back at the first post. Lol this thread has spiraled some xD

apocketlegend
08-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Oh... Too bad us IOS users can't get it.
ACTUALLY in 1.7.3 iOS users WILL receive options for daily deals :)

Pman3255
08-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Ya I believe sts is being quite unfair with android updates. I'm not one to complain because I have a rooted nook color and have android but I also have an iPhone itouch and iPad :/

Cascade
08-07-2011, 09:06 PM
STS is doing this because...THEY CAN and you cant do anything to stop them from making money so mighy be good to stop complaining because in sure their revenue sales went way up when they released the beta and making money can allow them to do more stuff and hire more people so they can crank out updates faster...:)

Nick41324
08-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Ive seen lots of people with them... I WANT ONE

Pman3255
08-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I know it's cheap tho ^*

Kraze
08-07-2011, 11:54 PM
STS is doing this because...THEY CAN and you cant do anything to stop them from making money so mighy be good to stop complaining because in sure their revenue sales went way up when they released the beta and making money can allow them to do more stuff and hire more people so they can crank out updates faster...:)
The reason people are complaining is because one group of players is getting shiny new toys to play with while the other is on the outside looking in. To take the cookie example from a prior post one step further. This is like having one juice box one cookie and one new toy. Giving all of them to one child and telling the other that they will have to wait until after you get back from the store.

RedRyder
08-09-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm red-freaking-Ryder and I don't have one of these? Oh wait... 50 plat? Lol unless there's a tapjoy app that gives 50 plat I'm out. Oh wait... I have an iPhone..

Darn STS, you've got me cornered again