PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: My opinion on the UI

DontNerfMeBro
08-07-2011, 04:22 AM
The entire UI needs an overhaul before before it scars new users and disappoints PL vets.

Screen real estate is aggressively devoured by over-sized and erroneously spaced buttons. The four hotkey with set toggle interface is particularly perplexing when eight buttons can easily fit on the screen without cluttering viewing area. You guys have already proven it! What gives? Shrink the obnoxious auto-attack button and get rid of the set-toggle: Voila.

I don't mean to beat the point into the ground but I haven't seen a more awkward gameplay component since Sega Genesis released Street Fighter II to be played with their three button controller. Remember how you had to hit select to toggle your punches and kicks? Talk about abject failure!

While you're at it, please remove the buy additional inventory slots button from underneath the inventory field. Its kinda manipulative because you KNOW we accidentally press it ALL the time.

P.S.
I love you

ScarecrowWolf
08-07-2011, 04:33 AM
Holy crap. Lol. That was so good.

What a smack in the face.

All of that stuff I noticed, but forgot about. Very good post

Cahaun
08-07-2011, 12:26 PM
I have noticed how im limited to 4 skills during combat because I have no time to switch to the next set.

WowThisGuy
08-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Hit the nail on that one, nice post

Bastok
08-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I don't mind the current UI setup. Everything works well and its not hard to flip pages. I'd rather flip than have 8 skills taking up the screen.

drewcapu
08-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't mean to beat the point into the ground but I haven't seen a more awkward gameplay component since Sega Genesis released Street Fighter II to be played with their three button controller. Remember how you had to hit select to toggle your punches and kicks? Talk about abject failure!

Thanks for this. It brought back some memories :apple:

Breadkeeper
08-07-2011, 03:40 PM
+1, I find that most of the time i try to switch skill sets it lags out, and the reason i was going to switch for in the first place has already been and gone, and now im laggin to switch back, To solve this ive limited myself to playing with 4 skills. I know this will have to change in the future, but i also hope we get the option to have 8 skills on 1 screen.

I nice work around could be to make it a option. If you can toggle emote button off, then i would assume you could toggle a 4 skill or 8 skill page.

xBearSpiritx
08-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I kinda agree with the whole UI appearance... could do with an overhaul and I think it's pretty lacklustre atm.