PDA

View Full Version : Another warning to all guilds and SL players

CappinClutch
08-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Greetings fellow SL players,

Let me first say that I have been on SL since the third day of the original V Cast Beta release of the game, so most of the original players and I have a very decent relationship and I'm pretty sure everyone has seen me around before enough to know that I am not a noob or a trouble maker. I created the guild Dead Shot Mafia on July 23rd and have since then talked to, and recruited over 200 really great players, new and experienced, young and older...I have since then weeded out the ones I knew were going to be problems and warned them nicely in private, then once in public (Guild Chat) and then kicked on the third offense...most of them PM me and get all nasty but a quick *ignore* keeps my blood pressure down. A couple day ago I had a member threatening to have me reported for God knows what, if I didn't promote him to the position of officer...now first of all this kid came to me begging to be in DSM because his current guild was just not for him and he loved our name...I went and discussed the matter with the GM of his previous guild just so everyone was on the same page and nobody suspected me or my officers of poaching other guild's members...long story short, this kid was trying to bribe other members in my guild by saying his brother had their IP addresses and was going to hack them if them didn't give him credits and items and whatnot...those DSM members reported this behavior to me and I warned him those 2 times aforementioned to basically knock it off and where to go on our guild forum site to read the Do's and Don'ts...Now he has gone one step further and made his own guild pathetically named "One Shot Mafia" and goes around threatening and harassing my current members and PAYING higher level characters to be officers in his guild and recruit for him! This is totally against not ONLY STS' rules and guidelines but also going against everything guild related as we try and reach common terms for an all guild charter...which even without an official charter or agreement, I think we can all agree that trashing another guild in public or in any fashion really, is uncalled for and just straight up juvenile to say the very least...so there is no confusion in case you happen to see his guild members running around, his ign is Jeffmetoo...he was a level 12 Engineer the last time I saw him and I also took a screenshot and am planning a similar letter to STS at some point in the next couple days. This is the kind of player that ruins it for the rest of us...now if people can get muted and banned for dropping a few F-bombs, then I think further action needs to be taken. Hope you all have a great summer and happy and healthy runs!!!

Your friendly neighborhood Commando

-CappinClutch

CappinClutch
08-07-2011, 01:15 PM
self bump lol

Lesrider
08-07-2011, 01:20 PM
You don't need to bump 10 minutes after you post...

apocketlegend
08-07-2011, 01:22 PM
I have no idea what the big idea here today is...

Conradin
08-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Sounds like he's bad news. If he continues to harrass you or you guild, pleaser report hi and send a email to Support(at)spacetimestudios.co replacing the (at) with @.

Flowman
08-07-2011, 01:30 PM
TLDR.

Just do what the guy above me said

CappinClutch
08-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Sounds like he's bad news. If he continues to harrass you or you guild, pleaser report hi and send a email to Support(at)spacetimestudios.co replacing the (at) with @.

that's the plan...and the self bump is an inside joke btw.

xero
08-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Ironically, he was badgering me earlier to join his guild (I was on my comm when he spammed guild invites lol).

Just really pathetic that he would go to these lengths just for some pointless revenge scheme... stupid people annoy me. xD

CappinClutch
08-07-2011, 02:35 PM
"Life is hard. even harder when you're stupid." -John Wayne

Lowlyspy
08-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Wat happened to the good ol' days when all the guilds got along and there weren't any people intentionally trying to trash guilds?

Can't we all just get along??

DawnInfinity
08-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Guilds always guarantee drama.

davidis57
08-07-2011, 04:27 PM
This the problem you have when players are younger. They never learned how to conduct themselves online. Obviously this guy is ruining many players gaming experience and needs to be reported.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Cahaun
08-07-2011, 04:32 PM
How about when guilds played a big part in the community and society? Good concept. Guilds are meant for productivity not the opposite.

Thenill
08-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Sounds like a rock and a hard place type thing going on with this guy. Well cap report him. this is bad for buisness.

CappinClutch
08-07-2011, 06:05 PM
at least I'm not alone when I think this is really some dumb crap lol...I thought maybe I was over reacting lol

Acyer
08-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah bro just hang in there. Report him if needed I saw him today he may do a character delete now since he's been called out. So it may work out for ya.

LordEspe
08-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Guilds always guarantee drama. this is my issue with guilds! I think guilds are a great idea, honestly, but anytime you give a title or some sort of "power" to someone within a group someone will get Jealous. I play alot and have alot of friends but I won't be joining a HUGE guild, if any at all! It just takes one to ruin a good thing!

Raulur
08-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Guilds always guarantee drama.

Could not have said it any better.

WILLIAM cmy
08-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Let's introduce SL guild PVP with 'Hall of Frame' then problem solved!

People have some better things to make them feel superior other than being an 'Officer'! LOL

Redbridge
08-07-2011, 11:49 PM
check out http://www.facebook.com/starlegends

It would appear the similarly named guild problem has disappeared. I'd fully advise AGAINST posting any comment to avoid any drama or flame wars.

:encouragement:

Waazarie
08-08-2011, 04:02 AM
thanks for the heads up cappin! will definitely be keeping an eye out for him. lol in the meantime, imma gonna add him to my ignore list :b

themars
08-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Yh i know, there are a lot of irritating people and even if they are copying names or guild names. Yesterday someone was asking where i lived and how old i was. There are a lot of weird players. But the ignore button is your best friend in such cases
@cappinclutch most of the hardcore players know the real and original guild. Good luck with your guild ;)

sabermage
08-08-2011, 07:15 AM
I'll refrain from rehashing the past.

CappinClutch
08-08-2011, 10:55 AM
check out http://www.facebook.com/starlegends

It would appear the similarly named guild problem has disappeared. I'd fully advise AGAINST posting any comment to avoid any drama or flame wars.

:encouragement:

I read the post as well on Star Legends FB page...once it's confirmed in game, the matter will be a dead issue.

CappinClutch
08-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Yh i know, there are a lot of irritating people and even if they are copying names or guild names. Yesterday someone was asking where i lived and how old i was. There are a lot of weird players. But the ignore button is your best friend in such cases
@cappinclutch most of the hardcore players know the real and original guild. Good luck with your guild ;)

ty Theseus!

Samhayne
08-08-2011, 01:06 PM

Please do the above, thanks!

Closing thread to limit the Drama...