PDA

View Full Version : Concerning end game players....

raxaxic
05-30-2016, 01:48 PM
I'm a level 51 mage and I still see end game players begging for mana . Shouldn't they have enough gold to purchase mana and health potions by now? Let me know what you think. Thanks.

ilhanna
05-30-2016, 02:03 PM
Since you mention pots, I take it you're talking about pve. To me it's more than just not having pot money. It's not understanding their class and their role in party, and other class part in teamwork. A rogue who understands mages will be more thankful for great crowd control than a measly mana heal that gets used up in less time than Lifegiver cooldown. A real tank will never let a mage risk their life by healing mana.

And then there's the pinchpenny belief that you can get rich by not buying and spending pots, which is about as misguided as thinking you will get rich by not going to work because bus fare means spending money. I kicked a warrior from guild once for insisting it's mage's job to give everyone mana on pve, while he proudly announced that he had close to 2k pots each from weeks of Klaas and Shazbot. That's not lack of knowledge, it's willful stubborn idiocy.

Befs
05-30-2016, 02:41 PM
Happened to me earlier for the first time since like early level 46.

I just stopped and laughed. Thankfully they stopped.

Motherless_Child
05-30-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm a level 51 mage and I still see end game players begging for mana . Shouldn't they have enough gold to purchase mana and health potions by now? Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Yes... At "END GAME" level, players should, at that point, be able to provide their own pots.... If not, they are not ready for endgame.....

resurrected
05-30-2016, 02:47 PM
I remember when i lvled my mage with random party i got kicked after one run cause i didn't healed em with mana lol. OP logic of some players

Otahaanak
05-30-2016, 02:49 PM
That's why I changed my name xD

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty

Kharjojo
05-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Happened to me earlier for the first time since like early level 46.

I just stopped and laughed. Thankfully they stopped.

And u was lucky enough they stopped.
I'm with Ilhanna, the thing that annoys me the most is not the lacking of knowledge, since there r tons of autolevelers i can comprehend, but the fact that many players do not want to listen, to understand, to learn. That's even more sad in the end.

konafez
05-30-2016, 03:04 PM
I honestly get shocked when I see a end game mage use heal, I just want to stop and say "for the love of cake , stop that and use shield!"

And when I see other classes that keep saying "mana!" Over and over I just have to say.."you sir are a embarrassment to your class, go back to level one and try again."

Daggee
05-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Infact i get really annoyed when mages auctually uses lifegiver. That skillslot is wasted for lifegiver when it can be a better skill for CC like the clock skill. I've met so quite a number of mages at Planar tombs still using life giver when they don't even have clock or a good CC skill

bonjovi3223
05-30-2016, 03:59 PM
I have been threatened & abused by top guild rogues for not manaing them up during levelling runs wt4 at the time of 46 cap. What they didn't know is that my rogue was in their same guild & I met them with my mage who was in a diffn guild.
A lot of the top guild rogues have a serious mana using problem in most of the maps, worse when its elite map.
Also always note the country the war/rogue begging mana comes from. This always cracks me up. At least 80% of mana beggars come from one specific country.

Att
05-30-2016, 04:41 PM
Spamming pots is not a skill. Timing your abilities healing/mana your teamates should be your priority. Some rogues use dex/str combo to survive and are usually low on mana pool which drain in just two three skills. Heal/Mana is better than one extra damage skill on a mage considering there are rogues in party which helps them do 1 or even 2 more auto attacks/skills when not spamming pots if you are on phone, and since aimed shot crit stacks for a few seconds its always good to have mana for it ready so you can spam your aimed shot nox bolt combo (poison stacks) on bosses rather than spam pots. I have even seen full damage warriors in game who don't put points in taunt and consider it a waste, rather go for uneeded passives just for minute damage increase. It feels nice when warrior spams charged heal which gives invulnerability for 2 seconds, it gives you chance to go aggresive rather than kite. I don't know since when the trend of not using heal started i just came back in game few months back, and used to complaint at start but stoped now. One can be a very skillfull mage playing countless runs with thousands of kills but if someone really wants to learn the game then he must play other classes too, only then he will come to know what problems they face and how you can help them. And yes majority of forumers might not agree with me but majority of players will do.

Jiinzou
05-30-2016, 04:58 PM
Spamming pots is not a skill. Timing your abilities healing/mana your teamates should be your priority. Some rogues use dex/str combo to survive and are usually low on mana pool which drain in just two three skills. Heal/Mana is better than one extra damage skill on a mage considering there are rogues in party which helps them do 1 or even 2 more auto attacks/skills when not spamming pots if you are on phone, and since aimed shot crit stacks for a few seconds its always good to have mana for it ready so you can spam your aimed shot nox bolt combo (poison stacks) on bosses rather than spam pots. I have even seen full damage warriors in game who don't put points in taunt and consider it a waste, rather go for uneeded passives just for minute damage increase. It feels nice when warrior spams charged heal which gives invulnerability for 2 seconds, it gives you chance to go aggresive rather than kite. I don't know since when the trend of not using heal started i just came back in game few months back, and used to complaint at start but stoped now. One can be a very skillfull mage playing countless runs with thousands of kills but if someone really wants to learn the game then he must play other classes too, only then he will come to know what problems they face and how you can help them. And yes majority of forumers might not agree with me but majority of players will do.

I guess that "90% of rogues are troll" is pretty much self explainatory.

Jazzi
05-30-2016, 05:19 PM
I have been threatened & abused by top guild rogues for not manaing them up during levelling runs wt4 at the time of 46 cap. What they didn't know is that my rogue was in their same guild & I met them with my mage who was in a diffn guild.
A lot of the top guild rogues have a serious mana using problem in most of the maps, worse when its elite map.
Also always note the country the war/rogue begging mana comes from. This always cracks me up. At least 80% of mana beggars come from one specific country.

I wonder which top guilds those are? In fact, as far as I know, mages get a warning and a potential kick for using heal in pve, not for not using it in most if not all top guilds ;)

Schnitzel
05-30-2016, 06:03 PM
I got those messages plenty during my days back during 41 and 46 caps running wt4.
Here and there a random warrior or rogue going "mana"
I told them to use potions, and they either keep asking, stop asking, or insult me

Yeah, like you'll get any mana now

Nowadays, I just ignore them,
if you don't feel like clicking your mana potions a few times,
I don't feel like using my mage as a walking mana-dispenser

Terminhater
05-30-2016, 06:15 PM
MANA PLZ!

I remember when I use to tank and had so called 'pro' tanks give me beef on spamming horn. They told me to only hit horn when allies are low on health. I used to tell them I don't hit horn to heal, in elites you spam your potions like a mother trucker! I spam horn to give mages and rogues that 2 second breathing space called invincibility - a tactic that'll help in elite cryostar.

They called me noob.

Binlaggin
05-30-2016, 06:24 PM
A brand new player can level up using plats now

Daehanie
05-30-2016, 06:47 PM
When u try to survive to heal urself(25% life) and them.. and they far from u.. 😄😄😄😄
*mana nab!! 😭😭😭

Fyrce
05-30-2016, 08:48 PM
When someone asks for mana, I say pot, even I am playing warrior and rogue. If they repeat, they go on the ignore list. There are plenty of players to play with.

Runel Joseph Ruiz
05-30-2016, 10:00 PM
We mage at endgame especially elite runs dont use heal skill, there are more better skills needed for a mage especially crowd control than a heal.

bonjovi3223
05-31-2016, 12:03 AM
I wonder which top guilds those are? In fact, as far as I know, mages get a warning and a potential kick for using heal in pve, not for not using it in most if not all top guilds ;)
That is really shocking that you haven't noticed it since you have been around longer then I have.
And do you really pug or you play in selected parties only?
Any guild that kicks players for their play style is not a guild worth being in.
Any mage CAN USE heal in NORMAL EASY maps as long as he is able to do his job. But if he keeps dying, I ask them to switch to shield, not that they listen. For ELITE maps, NO heal at all. My on mage will stand and argue with any other mage using heal.
This is a never-ending topic. On one side there are those who always want to use heal & on the other side there are those who believe mage should never use heal.

ilhanna
05-31-2016, 12:28 AM
That is really shocking that you haven't noticed it since you have been around longer then I have.
And do you really pug or you play in selected parties only?
Any guild that kicks players for their play style is not a guild worth being in.
Any mage CAN USE heal in NORMAL EASY maps as long as he is able to do his job. But if he keeps dying, I ask them to switch to shield, not that they listen. For ELITE maps, NO heal at all. My on mage will stand and argue with any other mage using heal.
This is a never-ending topic. On one side there are those who always want to use heal & on the other side there are those who believe mage should never use heal.

I would prefer mages to use four attack skills, no shield no heal, for normal maps (especially for farming KM, Wilds, or KT XP runs where it's more profitable to run fast and mages can just blast away, leaving dead and dying mobs on the way to boss), but I can tolerate some healing here (just not heal combo'd with shield which is just lazy). But yea, heal in elite... I pug'd a lot of elite Wilds recently and the number of mages who clutched healing flower there is appalling especially since they didn't have Frost Bolt to freeze the shaman, something I as a rogue appreciate more.

My real beef with strictly pve mages keeping heal is that I think those skills points are better spent on some of the more useful masteries.

The saddest and most pathetic thing is seeing mages at level 30 and lower run around with the flower. My low level warrior alt pug his way in events and I wondered what these flower mages had to sacrifice to grow that embarrassing monstrosity. One or two of them just spam gun (or staff, from a distance) and rush in to heal every once in a while. Mages had it easy last Goblin even, all the bosses are soloable if only they know what to do. Seen from this perspective these Florence Nightingale mages are very sad indeed.

Ansm
05-31-2016, 02:06 AM
Mages are like a support for their team. We need them to stun mobs (tho warriors can do that but mages really has many stun skills), we need them to slow down enemies and all. Including giving mana.

Hmm, but yea I also hate those players who keeps on saying "Mana mana" then I was just like, "cant u heal your self? I bet you also have gold to provide enough potions"

Me my self, Rogue, we don't usually use med packs, and use our own potions. And it's fine to us if the mage has healing skill or doesn't have. We can manage tho. But as much as possible, in a team, a warrior must heal us. Lol. Nvm if we can provide. If not, go and get gold for your potions!

It's hard to bring a player in a map if doesn't have potions and just waiting for the team to heal them. Then if they'll die, they'll blame us for it. And they don't even have Ankhs especially in difficult maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

control
05-31-2016, 02:07 AM
Seems like a one sided perspective.
Health is the weekest side of mages and healtb regen helps mages.
Arcanemonk

Schnitzel
05-31-2016, 02:20 AM
Seems like a one sided perspective.
Health is the weekest side of mages and healtb regen helps mages.
Arcanemonk

Sure, but using the heal skill draws unwanted aggro. So if spamming potions is needed, thats what we (most endgame mages) will do (also, our heal skill has a cooldown, while potions probably do, but probably around 0.5s)

bonjovi3223
05-31-2016, 05:20 AM
And lets not forget the cream of it all.
"Can you borrow me 5k for pots my gold is in stash".

Pillowhead
05-31-2016, 06:33 AM
For people with HEAL.

Having the healing/mana skill for mages is optional, it depends on your playstyle.
I don't mind getting free mana every (x) seconds or a clock falling from the sky. It's up to you, so don't feel bad if you have heal, it does work and it's nothing wrong with it.

Jiinzou
05-31-2016, 07:13 AM
No pillow ,heal sucks in pve period. Why u rogues keep sayin u like mana when we mages keep explanin why heal sucks? Not much different from mana beggers

kinzmet
05-31-2016, 08:30 AM
Thankfully, a new pet system is comming. Nexus' and jack's ability may come in handy again when combined with mana regen happiness bonus.

PS: My L46 rogue have only 1500+ mana, the Combat Medic skill mastery is such a blessing :)

Kharjojo
05-31-2016, 08:32 AM
Not talking abt easy maps or easy elites and i agree everyone must feel free to play following his own play style and having fun overall.

That's being said, life-giver has 2 big issues:
1) Too long cool-down and 2) Tons of aggro.

Timing lifegiver gives a lot of problems and is an utopia say "it works" in hard elite!
There's much more skill in spamming pots than in timing lifegiver just to replenish allies mana which will be drained fast, anyway... and guess what? lifegiver is still in cooldown if the mage has survived the aggro ofc.
The results? Allies has to spam mana and healing pots, mage probably is spamming healing pots like a devil trying to survive, the crowd is still there.
Nty :D

konafez
05-31-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm still 100% behind my original point, if you run maps screaming at the mages to give you manna..well just quit ..for the love of cake just quit..

Except befs , I expect him to fallow me around and give me manna even if I'm standing in camp for hours..or I will pick him up and shake him like a British nanny!

Kriticality
05-31-2016, 12:37 PM
You will never be competitive in timed runs as a mage with heal or shield except maybe now shield in underhul maps. I haven't tried to run yet. The time you lose from not using 4 attack skills will instantly put you out of the race.

bonjovi3223
05-31-2016, 02:05 PM
I'm still 100% behind my original point, if you run maps screaming at the mages to give you manna..well just quit ..for the love of cake just quit..

Except befs , I expect him to fallow me around and give me manna even if I'm standing in camp for hours..or I will pick him up and shake him like a British nanny!
The mages have put out a hit on you. You may just end up sleeping with the fishes.

Fyrce
05-31-2016, 02:18 PM
I would say 90% of mages out there was wanna-be warriors, i.e. they look like mages but all they do is shield/protect themselves and zap things. There is absolutely no cc.

This is fine in easy normal maps, but makes elite Underhul maps much more difficult than they need to be. When you run w/ a proper cc mage, you will know right away when a normal, non-cc mage runs with you -- everyone dies more, including that mage; easy mob groups suddenly very difficult. So yes, when I see one of these "mages" in Elites, I do say something. I try to make it a suggestion -- hey, can you freeze some mobs? but after the goblin event, I no longer make it a suggestion. It is now "crowd control, stupid mage".

So no, I don't want my mages healing or being bubbles if they do not need to. I'd rather have them stopping mobs so we can *yawn* deal with them at our leisure.

ilhanna
05-31-2016, 03:44 PM
Not talking abt easy maps or easy elites and i agree everyone must feel free to play following his own play style and having fun overall.

That's being said, life-giver has 2 big issues:
1) Too long cool-down and 2) Tons of aggro.

Timing lifegiver gives a lot of problems and is an utopia say "it works" in hard elite!
There's much more skill in spamming pots than in timing lifegiver just to replenish allies mana which will be drained fast, anyway... and guess what? lifegiver is still in cooldown if the mage has survived the aggro ofc.
The results? Allies has to spam mana and healing pots, mage probably is spamming healing pots like a devil trying to survive, the crowd is still there.
Nty :D

True. And if you're a warrior who has to concentrate on timing your long cd taunt skills to keep mobs turned to you, having a mage heal and watching the mobs you have taunted turn to chase said mage, well... There's no word.

Fyrce
05-31-2016, 04:38 PM
When mobs/boss chase said mage and reset because said mage is running away, down the hall... Nope, no words. And mage then says you should hold aggro...

Oh, ignore at end I guess.

Or maybe mage heal shouldn't attract that much aggro? It's just a tree, stupid mobs!

Befs
05-31-2016, 09:29 PM
Journal of a Mage: Day 38

Konafez continues to force me to give him mana. It seems now that there is no escaping this prison of green light, and small saplings. It's gotten to the point that every time I see a tree, I lay down, curl up into the fetal position, and break down in tears. Thankfully, Konafez seems to have some sort of a life in the real world, and is not always online. However, despite his absence, there are still others who abuse me, and force me to give them what little mana I have. By the time I return to my little smurf home, I am completely drained, so when my surf children ask me to entertain them with magic tricks, I cannot. In fact, I believe my smurf wife has begun seeing this smurf named Jerry, who lives down the road due to this.

#ManaIsNotFree

#BuyAPotionSaveALife

e5c4p3artist
05-31-2016, 10:27 PM
My mage has heal with upgrades for mana and 8m range. I actually enjoy the times I am able to support my team (in addition to stunning and dealing damage) by replenishing mana and sometimes even saving a life! I keep heal mainly for myself, so that I have unlimited mana and health, but the support thing is a bonus and I watch the health/mana bars of others and give them anytime someone runs low. Another STS game, Star Legends, is a great example of how the "mage" class was done right. I am a big proponent of being powerful enough to solo. In that game, you could, but the roles were much more well defined and it made it much more fun to run with a balanced team. You wouldn't even THINK of having an Engineer (the sorcerer equivalent) without the healing skills - the other classes truly relied on you. And you needed what they brought to the table too. It was much more balanced between classes, and because I got accustomed to that, I tend to think that way in this game too. And you can call me gimped if you want, but it doesn't feel that way to me. I have one of each class, all level 50 or over, and my sorcerer is the overall most powerful and certainly my favorite toon to play.

Fyrce
05-31-2016, 11:13 PM
Lets just say i love, as a mage, hearing that the elite mob run is faster w my mage than w my rogue. And I hate seeing, when I am rogue, that for most mages out there, it is NOT faster to run with them in the party; that my rogue (unfortunately? fortunately?) can do both cc and damage better than the usual mage. And no, none of those mages will believe that they slow down the party or could decrease overall deaths.

Fredystern
06-01-2016, 12:35 AM
Usually i wont use heal if my enemy just mobs, but boss? Sure im heal sometimes if my teammates dying alots of times, but i hate when someone say MANA!! to a mage, when a mage not using heal thats mean the mage should use potion for mana too, not only the one who shout at mage, i myself usually use alot of mana pot in elites and sometimes during fast run in normal, if in arena? Well look at the boss first. I think its about how you matching yourself with your teammates conditions depends on thier skill play.

konafez
06-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Journal of a Mage: Day 38

Konafez continues to force me to give him mana. It seems now that there is no escaping this prison of green light, and small saplings. It's gotten to the point that every time I see a tree, I lay down, curl up into the fetal position, and break down in tears. Thankfully, Konafez seems to have some sort of a life in the real world, and is not always online. However, despite his absence, there are still others who abuse me, and force me to give them what little mana I have. By the time I return to my little smurf home, I am completely drained, so when my surf children ask me to entertain them with magic tricks, I cannot. In fact, I believe my smurf wife has begun seeing this smurf named Jerry, who lives down the road due to this.

#ManaIsNotFree

#BuyAPotionSaveALife

OK mister! That's going on your permanent sas record!

bonjovi3223
06-01-2016, 11:00 AM
OK mister! That's going on your permanent sas record!
The guy is having marital problems cos of you. -.-

Foumagus
06-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Hi , am a lvl 51 mage user using skills -- CLOCK / SHIELD / HEAL / FIREBALL -
main reasons of using heal is to survive mobs in higher maps -- because mobs take 2-3 hits killing off mages whereas tanks and rogues survive
Also that , the healing buff creates a great advantage for us and all near us.
Whenever someone ask mana , I don't deny and I don't heal.
If u urgently need mana come near us whenever we heal and get mana and go.. Don't rely fully on mages

Also , another issue is , tanks in km3. 40% of tanks comes back of mages where mage takes the damage and tanks come in last jus to kill the bosses. I have experienced and seen ppl complaining abt this issue .
MAGES CAN NEVER TANK AS MUCH AS OTHER CLASSES....
Mages are means for Aoe and Dot and also crowd control.( mainly CC) The skill fireball helps stun mobs which don't stop on clock.
The clock indeed is a very powerful weapon of mage. I found that the only most useful mastery for mage is the clock which freezes mobs for a long period of time. This enables mages to even solo higher maps freely.
I have tried soloing cryo map 1 and 2 and also elite rengol 3 while succeeding on killing mobs alone .
For boss , mages need a help from rogue / war. With the new wildfire proc, bosses turn to dust easily. I have compared staffs and found that using arc staff increased time taken to kill a tindrin dragon egg + drake than a hex staff by high quantity which confused me how a mythic weapon is powerful thaarcane weapon ..
Conclusion : Don't underestimate . and make them slaves .. Want mana ?? Take medi packs mastery or get august // get pots and don't rely on mages for mana or heal . its been more than 2-3 months since I used mana pots and its now triple the no. Of health pots I have

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

Jazzi
06-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Hi , am a lvl 51 mage user using skills -- CLOCK / SHIELD / HEAL / FIREBALL -
main reasons of using heal is to survive mobs in higher maps -- because mobs take 2-3 hits killing off mages whereas tanks and rogues survive
Also that , the healing buff creates a great advantage for us and all near us.
Whenever someone ask mana , I don't deny and I don't heal.
If u urgently need mana come near us whenever we heal and get mana and go.. Don't rely fully on mages

Also , another issue is , tanks in km3. 40% of tanks comes back of mages where mage takes the damage and tanks come in last jus to kill the bosses. I have experienced and seen ppl complaining abt this issue .
MAGES CAN NEVER TANK AS MUCH AS OTHER CLASSES....
Mages are means for Aoe and Dot and also crowd control.( mainly CC) The skill fireball helps stun mobs which don't stop on clock.
The clock indeed is a very powerful weapon of mage. I found that the only most useful mastery for mage is the clock which freezes mobs for a long period of time. This enables mages to even solo higher maps freely.
I have tried soloing cryo map 1 and 2 and also elite rengol 3 while succeeding on killing mobs alone .
For boss , mages need a help from rogue / war. With the new wildfire proc, bosses turn to dust easily. I have compared staffs and found that using arc staff increased time taken to kill a tindrin dragon egg + drake than a hex staff by high quantity which confused me how a mythic weapon is powerful thaarcane weapon ..
Conclusion : Don't underestimate . and make them slaves .. Want mana ?? Take medi packs mastery or get august // get pots and don't rely on mages for mana or heal . its been more than 2-3 months since I used mana pots and its now triple the no. Of health pots I have

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

In reality sir heal has a built in taunt and is thus aggroing the mobs, hence you dying all the time ;)

tomsawer
06-01-2016, 02:12 PM
When i run my mage ive been called nab noob for not pushing heal or mana .in my opinion thats not the job of a mage to provide mana. Honestly for pve i dont even spec. For heal/ mana if the insist i simply leave .

galaxy s7 edge

Fyrce
06-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Yeah best to leave and/or ignore. Most times the people asking arent really contributing that much anyways, so if you can finish "on your own", do it. Otherwise, dont waste the time. They will never know and never change their minds. Best to find people who actually use their skills.