PDA

View Full Version : Birds vs mages need advice or wisdom

Mkcecil
08-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Hey everyone I'm having extremely hard time even denting a mage with my bird, it's as if i go to attack and I don't even scratch the mages health or mana if they pop mana shield, is there anyone who could give me advice about fighting mages, some help would be extremely appreciated :)

Phoenixking
08-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Use blasts shot to break mana sheild and bomb them with your own combo normally works for me

Mkcecil
08-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Use blasts shot to break mana sheild and bomb them with your own combo normally works for me

Right but most of the time they don't mana shield at beginning, and my combo isn't powerful enough I guess to kill them :(

Zaltiar
08-08-2011, 03:35 AM
I usually use this 'combo': 1: buff up, 2: break armor 3: blastshot.

For 2, try to debuff them if you can: root etc (but remember that mages can unroot themselves by using heal, though root still decreases their dodge.
I tend to just use break armor when I'm low on health and someone rushes me though. Works like a charm for me ;)

If mages don't use mana shield, its still good to use break shield cause it lowers their defense :). I always try to get mages during pvp or ctf as they can rev others.
Really, its about experimenting different attacks and seeing which one best fits your gamestyle.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Slush
08-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Hmmm.. The problem seems to be that his bird is level 35, and mages own pvp at that level. I'd stick to pve untill you get to a higher level if I were you, dexbirds don't stand a chance against lv35 mages. For higher levels, mages (except str mage) will use mana shield befofe a fight as part of their buffs. Like said before, blast shot will take down mana shield instantly, so from there go with break, blind and repulse. If you were quick enough and perhaps got a couple of dodges, the mage will be dead. Good luck, ifyou need anymore help shoot me a pm or hit me up in game on slush or slushie. :)

GELLIO77
08-08-2011, 04:59 AM
i suppose ur talkin about 35 pvp right? well i get the same problem, i just got 1 in blast shot to take it down, seeing as it doesnt de-buff what else is it realy gd for apart from cruel blast combo? i wont be on until the weekend prolly maybe if i see u in game or vice versa, we can talk about killin em. and slush is right if u dodge their drain and they got no mana shield a few crits in one burst should kill em try to put that burst in the gap while their heal is in cd :)

NoobianOfAlterra
08-08-2011, 06:26 AM
A good thing to do at lvl 35 pvp is to buff up first, then blinding shot the mage then blast shot to breakshield, so the mage won't hit you as bad afterwards. Then get the debuffs in and repulse shot then by that time hopefully blast and blind have cooled down then hit the mage.

GELLIO77
08-08-2011, 06:28 AM
buffing is the most obvious thing to do lol...

Mkcecil
08-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Ok so maybe put points into the last buff that gives you more dodge, because I believe I'd like 2 buffs that give dodge and just experiment with less points in blast shot, mines at 6 and so is my shatter scream...I think I'll give a little more experimenting with my abilities :) thanks for giving me advice, and if it becomes to hard I might just level to 50-55 for pvp at those levels...although I do know pvp at those levels is alot different :)

Edit: is avain scream worth trying to put points Into you think? Just trying to see jf a stun would help lol

Zaltiar
08-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Ok so maybe put points into the last buff that gives you more dodge, because I believe I'd like 2 buffs that give dodge and just experiment with less points in blast shot, mines at 6 and so is my shatter scream...I think I'll give a little more experimenting with my abilities :) thanks for giving me advice, and if it becomes to hard I might just level to 50-55 for pvp at those levels...although I do know pvp at those levels is alot different :)

Edit: is avain scream worth trying to put points Into you think? Just trying to see jf a stun would help lol

I never use avian scream during pvp :\, the range is just too short, just imo though :)

Mkcecil
08-08-2011, 09:58 AM
I never use avian scream during pvp :\, the range is just too short, just imo though :)

Oh ok was just wondering ty

KingFu
08-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Dex birds struggle in pvp at 35. I'd try going str bird with iceberg longsword and plate and snipers penguin snowcap lv 27. All that gear should cost you about, eh, give or take 35-45K. Get as much dex as possible to raise your hit. Max buffs. Blind helps a lot with it's hit% debuff since mages at that level generally have 95-105 ish hit. Break is always useful as it lowers the enemies armor. I like having 1 in thorn root to keep them in place so I can put good use to my sword. I personally have my blast at a high rank for the cruel blast combo, which isn't the best idea if you're planning to take down mages, since blast goes to waste with mana shield if the mage knows what their doing and times it correctly:)

Just a few tips, hopefully it was of some service:)

Mkcecil
08-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Dex birds struggle in pvp at 35. I'd try going str bird with iceberg longsword and plate and snipers penguin snowcap lv 27. All that gear should cost you about, eh, give or take 35-45K. Get as much dex as possible to raise your hit. Max buffs. Blind helps a lot with it's hit% debuff since mages at that level generally have 95-105 ish hit. Break is always useful as it lowers the enemies armor. I like having 1 in thorn root to keep them in place so I can put good use to my sword. I personally have my blast at a high rank for the cruel blast combo, which isn't the best idea if you're planning to take down mages, since blast goes to waste with mana shield if the mage knows what their doing and times it correctly:)

Just a few tips, hopefully it was of some service:)

Oh ok Ty for the tips :) and advice I'll try like your set.up :)

Zerious
08-08-2011, 12:37 PM
high blast is important either way, and mana shield doesn't block cruel blast combo. Mana Shield DOES, however, block the blinding debuff. If you're gonna have a chance against ANY voodoo, you need to land that blind before drain. If your opponent is an early shielder, either edge them with blind (hit them from as far as possible) or blast the shield once it's up and then blind, hopefully your evade will aid you in surviving...

OverkillED
08-09-2011, 11:24 AM
I just have fast fingers, even with GCD, so the mages are usually dead before they pop off shield.

iamkimchiking
08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
To break a mana shield:
-use blast (what archers do)
-attack them until they have no more mana (what bears do, or archers depending on the situation)

So dont try to debuff the mage if they have mana shield.
Blast to break it and use a few skills to kill the mage. (they have lower health than other classes)
Preferably don't use avian or shattering scream, because they take away precious time

Sigkill
08-11-2011, 11:23 PM
I'll give out my combo that never failed when executed perfectly.

Blast, Blind, Break, Repulse, Roots

Zerious
08-12-2011, 11:38 PM
I'll give out my combo that never failed when executed perfectly.

Blast, Blind, Break, Repulse, Roots

or switch Blast and Blind if they try to "juke" mana shield in. I do this on my lvl 30 vs mages and if you know your distances well, you'll do very well.

But Sig is more experienced, I'd try his combo out first

lightangelz
10-21-2011, 01:19 AM
pls i need a good lv35 mage combo to kill voodoo mages pls help me add me angellights ;)

Imsebastiaanl
10-21-2011, 01:25 AM
Use blast shot, and then the knock away arrow. With a little luck they miss firestorm or drainlife or something. Run away until you can use blast shot again. Then use your combo (scream and blast) and perhaps some more arrows, and the mage will be dead hehe.

Parasyte2
10-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Use Thorn Root so they stop moving once in range. Then use your combo (Shattering Scream > Break Armor > Blast Shot) should nearly be dead. Then if they are still alive and start kiting you repulse for the knock back. Then if they are STILL alive, redo your combo. They nearly dont stand a chance if u have a decent build.

Hope this helped!

ThePvpTwink
10-22-2011, 11:40 AM
focus>evade>break armor>repulse>kite>blind shot>shatter scream>blast shot>sword attack>repeat

Thats what I do to kill mages. Hope this helps. :)

blox
10-22-2011, 10:07 PM
use blast shot to break their mana shield :)
i have a special domination attack called "taste vengeance" if u wanna find it what it do then come pvp with me!

P.S taste vengeance is a KO move :)