PDA

View Full Version : Now with Guilds in place, what's next?

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 08:30 AM
As far as I can remember, guilds have been one of the biggest things that players looked for.

Now that it's on SL, and very soon, PL, I was wondering what was the next big thing that we could look forward to?

New content is inevitable (hopefully) anyway, so what's a new system that the devs are developing? :)

In by no means am I trying to rush development, not at all. It's just been awhile since I, personally, have heard any planned (no matter how far into the future) systems for PL :D

PvP rewards? Pets?

Edit:

Ugh, first wrong section post. Ever. Lol

nazgulking
08-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Following their roadmap and seeing how much time it is taking Apple to approve SL i would look upon

Short Term Goals

Build community
Stabilize service
Customer Service Tools
Understand Apple approval process for application updates and in-app purchases

Jokes apart:

More player customization
Bank
Mailboxes
Quests
Secure Trade
Pets
PvP
Guilds
World Map
Player Housing
Auction House
Achievements and Leaderboards
Randomized Dungeons

The bold items Are the one I'm looking after. I would give a higher priority to the Randomized Dungeons, since I feel this will make the maps playable a lot more ;)

WJJ
08-08-2011, 09:06 AM
I hope they push the guild ideas further. There could be like 8 barracks, 4 strongholds, and 1 headquarter. Then there should be a initial pvp war between guilds for control of these. There could be added perks that go along with control of each. And maybe make more stores in game and have the guilds be able to fight for control and ultimately a % of the take from that store. I believe this would create a lot of replay value to the endgame of both PL and SL.

KingFu
08-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Pets!:D

Ellyidol
08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Following their roadmap and seeing how much time it is taking Apple to approve SL i would look upon

Short Term Goals

Build community
Stabilize service
Customer Service Tools
Understand Apple approval process for application updates and in-app purchases

Jokes apart:

More player customization
Bank
Mailboxes
Quests
Secure Trade
Pets
PvP
Guilds
World Map
Player Housing
Auction House
Achievements and Leaderboards
Randomized Dungeons

The bold items Are the one I'm looking after. I would give a higher priority to the Randomized Dungeons, since I feel this will make the maps playable a lot more ;)

Lol! I was relieved that the first four were sarcastic! Hopefully :p

That's true. Mailing would be really nice. Not sure what you mean by banking, loans, interests, that kinda stuff?

Player Housing is interesting as well, haven't come across an MMO that has actual PH-ing, so I don't really know how it'd work.

As far as randomized dungeons, I think it could work, but it might call for some changes in PvE as well. Take for example now, if randomized dungeons were introduced, after awhile it might just come out as longer and more tedious farming/xp grinding instead of anything more interesting.. Just theoretically and my thoughts.

Player customization, through gear, skills, builds, etc, has always been a #1 choice for me :D

I hope they push the guild ideas further. There could be like 8 barracks, 4 strongholds, and 1 headquarter. Then there should be a initial pvp war between guilds for control of these. There could be added perks that go along with control of each. And maybe make more stores in game and have the guilds be able to fight for control and ultimately a % of the take from that store. I believe this would create a lot of replay value to the endgame of both PL and SL.

True! I think they've mentioned that this version of guilds is only a taste of what's to come, they've got a lot more in-terms of guilds ;)

As far as Guild Wars is concerned, I would honestly say that before they even consider GWs, that they should rehash the entire PvP system. Balance, rewards, and ultimately, guild wars. Have to keep in mind the mobile limitations though :p

PS. With the current PvP drama now, can't imagine all the drama of GWs.

Pets!:D

You would want a cat won't you :p

Silentarrow
08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm looking foward to space combat!

Doubletime
08-08-2011, 09:24 AM
As far as I can remember, guilds have been one of the biggest things that players looked for.

Now that it's on SL, and very soon, PL, I was wondering what was the next big thing that we could look forward to?

New content is inevitable (hopefully) anyway, so what's a new system that the devs are developing? :)

In by no means am I trying to rush development, not at all. It's just been awhile since I, personally, have heard any planned (no matter how far into the future) systems for PL :D

PvP rewards? Pets?

Edit:

Ugh, first wrong section post. Ever. Lol

Personally, I would like to see dungeons introduced with the potential of instances having a larger scale player participation such as groups of say 8 toons.

I also think that the key to holding players interest is in the development of true end-game content. That means PvP and epic type dungeon content in my personal opinion. So I hope that the devs are spending time trying to figure out how to make those features better or a reality.

Cahaun
08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
How about putting a bounty on players' heads for some reason (going against STS rules, annoying guild leaders, begging ;) )

Flowman
08-08-2011, 11:30 AM
please don't put in pets…I hate when games do that

Pman3255
08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Gotta be pets for platinum

Nourish
08-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Pets sound sweet! Hopefully farmable ones and maybe for the lazy people platinum ones :)! Personally some things I think would be sweet are...

More than 3 gear pieces (SL!)

A mail system, like WoW (read a post by devs saying they loved this idea If I remember)

A difference from pvp and duels. Like specific games for that, duels could be were it selects a random person and it's just them to (like best 2/3)

HOUSES!

Mini games? Like were devs host them and you pay a small fee to join and whoever wins wins a prize? I've played an mmorpg were they had things like this. For instance one was a room with 9 squares and you picked one, then a square would be chosen and if you were in it you'd be DQ'd. Another one was were their was water and platforms and you had to knock other people off the platforms ;)

Whirlzap
08-08-2011, 05:28 PM
They need grinding areas that you can just enter.
Places that have no player number limit.
Also we want more REAL FASHION!!!!!
and yeah houses! XD
More stuff about shops plox! CS gets boring in a while
And also we need accessories!!!

Moogerfooger
08-08-2011, 05:30 PM
They need grinding areas that you can just enter.
Places that have no player number limit.

And the PL world would implode in a giant Lag Black Hole.

There is a reason they keep it at 5 in a level, 25 in a town instance.

Cascade
08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I personally would like the devs to work more on guilds I'm excited to see what they come out with now that they are actually implemented!

Asaciuacor
08-08-2011, 06:11 PM
new characters
new spells
new crafting system, [craft what you want with what you got] 2 magic gems = more powerful gem to use in crafting whatever your crafting
first person CTF :D

xero
08-08-2011, 06:28 PM
What about pvp specific townes? Where you could talk to other pvp'ers, and play matches with them too (to be more specific, they could have a button on the inspect players page where you could "challenge" them to a pvp match. Arena style too. With spectators and all).

Any thoughts on this?

AOmonsta
08-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Epic guild battles of course.