PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Beta Tops Android Games of the Week

Samhayne
08-08-2011, 09:48 AM
468 (http://www.androidapps.com/games/articles/9010-star-legends-tops-android-games-of-the-week)
Appolicious reports on Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles' first week of open beta, noting it's rocket to the top of the download charts.

From sci-fi to pop culture, Android games are influenced by many things in our lives. It’s this diversity that draws us to Android games, appealing to our varied interests. Star Legends is a newly launched MMORPG, with a deeply involved, impactful story that has been years in the making. LEGO also released a constructive.

Click here to read the full article of last week's top Android Games. (http://www.androidapps.com/games/articles/9010-star-legends-tops-android-games-of-the-week)

Silentarrow
08-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Now we just need to see it "rockin Apples charts"!

eamon2plz
08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Well deserved with such an excellent game. I wonder if the delays actually helped build hype?

bronislav84
08-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I've been bored of the beta for weeks already. Can't wait for the full release and level cap raise. :(

*goes to read article*

Phoenixking
08-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Same here cant wait for teh full release!!!

LordEspe
08-08-2011, 10:45 AM
I feel like Charlie Bucket, looking in at other kids eating candy from the candy store! Grandpa Joe telling me I'll have my chance and when I do, it's gonna be wonderful!
Well.........I want my Golden Ticket NOW!!!

Pman3255
08-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Wow sweetness :) it's an amazing game

CanonicalKoi
08-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Sam, congrats and all, but this is getting to be like having that annoying paperclip popping up: "Hi, IOS user! You appear to have wounds; would you like more salt? I can help!"

nazgulking
08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Sam, congrats and all, but this is getting to be like having that annoying paperclip popping up: "Hi, IOS user! You appear to have wounds; would you like more salt? I can help!"

I have to agree with that. I have lost all hope to see it released :(

Samhayne
08-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey guys,

We're just as excited to get Star Legends out on iOS as you all are. We're working at it and waiting along with you all. Hopefully soon, but in the meantime, we hope you won't begrudge us for doing what we can on Android.

Zerious
08-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey guys,

We're just as excited to get Star Legends out on iOS as you all are. We're working at it and waiting along with you all. Hopefully soon, but in the meantime, we hope you won't begrudge us for doing what we can on Android.

hear, hear. I think we should all be stoked about this. I mean now it just sounds more promising that apple will approve it :) Now, whenever apple gets around to it, i'm sure it'll be a no-brainer acceptance. Heck, in the future, STS will have better credibility and probably quicker approvals in their games :)

positive thinking guys, it's very healthy :)

BTW the lvl 20 PL twink tourney starts on Friday! Last chance to sign up! entry fee of 30k in-game, contact "Noobmigo" in forums, or in-game "Twinkfosho","Noobmigo", or "MigoTwink" Thanks!

CanonicalKoi
08-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Well, begrudge certainly has some negative connotations to it. But it's a bit like the example from the other thread where a parent has a new toy, a cookie and some candy and hands it all to one of their two children. And *then* says, "C'mon! You wouldn't begrudge bringing a little happiness to your sibling, would ya?"

RickyxTan88
08-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, begrudge certainly has some negative connotations to it. But it's a bit like the example from the other thread where a parent has a new toy, a cookie and some candy and hands it all to one of their two children. And *then* says, "C'mon! You wouldn't begrudge bringing a little happiness to your sibling, would ya?"

I see your point dont get me wrong, but what if you were that one child. What if the shoe was on the other foot. Yes I run android, but what if apple got the beta and android didnt? You wouldn't be complaining.
Plus you have it in the wrong context with your story. Both of the children live gum. Child one has braces and child two doesn't. Child two is allowed gum and for reasons, child two can not. But child two only gets a stick or two and not a whole pack.

I'm sorry but the circumstances are not the same.

Arguntom
08-08-2011, 01:08 PM
I think you guys should raise the lv cap to 25 to help us content with the wait, or I might just have to to apple and help 'convince' them to speed things up ;-)

CanonicalKoi
08-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I see your point dont get me wrong, but what if you were that one child. What if the shoe was on the other foot. Yes I run android, but what if apple got the beta and android didnt? You wouldn't be complaining.
Plus you have it in the wrong context with your story. Both of the children live gum. Child one has braces and child two doesn't. Child two is allowed gum and for reasons, child two can not. But child two only gets a stick or two and not a whole pack.

I'm sorry but the circumstances are not the same.

The shoe already *was* on the other foot. I started (with an iPad) before Android got to join. And if you search in the dim, dark past of the fora, you'll see what I said when Android came on-board, "Congratulations and welcome!" and nary a neener-neener while they were waiting. :) To use your analogy, if I were the parent I wouldn't be handing out gum and announcing the fact loudly in front of and to the child that couldn't have any.

Yup, still hanging in, but sad about The Great Divide of 2011.

Nike
08-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Congrats Spacetime Studios :) This game totally rocks! I hope the public release and new levels be out soon as peeps are getting antsy as you may already know. I think it's important to keep the momentum going to not lose traction with beta users. Beta users have spent considerable money buying stims and pots and losing their kills and deaths may be somewhat discouraging so hopefully a sooner than later release would sweeten the deal and maybe a lil gift like a vanity item would be nice as a token for helping out with the beta phase.

Breadkeeper
08-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Everyone forgets the apple users that got a 6 month head start in pocket legends... fairs fair.

alexjp
08-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Congratz SpaceTime Studios

Everyone forgets the apple users that got a 6 month head start in pocket legends... fairs fair.
BreadKeeper umm just to let you know Pocket Legeneds was first made for Ios. Then they saw it was so popular so they figured lets make it for Andriod now. I remember when i first started playing Pocket Legends i got it 3 days after release and it was a GHOST town and i got bored very fast. Now woo theres sooooo many people. Not trying to be mean just trying to state a fact.

Blind
08-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Mate...you didn't even know what pocket legends was before it came out on android...

JaytB
08-08-2011, 04:07 PM
All waiting squarels aside, I'm happy to hear SL already has positive coverage. Well deserved IMO :)

LordEspe
08-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey guys,

Hey Sam and all STS, I don't mean to come off as a disgruntled customer! I know this is completely out of your hands! Joking is the an easy way to deal with the boredom, that's all! I am waiting for this game like no other! I have had my iTunes card for awhile now, just waiting to send your way! ;).

Congrats on all the success so far. As a player, I hope to see more and more great news about ALL STS games!

Kraze
08-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Find me one droid player that spent 50 plat on pl months before they could play it then I'll consider your example

clonefoursix
08-08-2011, 09:31 PM
It'll crash apples charts!

Derajdefyre
08-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Find me one droid player that spent 50 plat on pl months before they could play it then I'll consider your example

Really, this is a very poor example. That's like me saying "Find me one person who owned a car in the 1500s." Name reservation didn't exist back then just like cars didn't exist in the 1500s. In addition, many Android players spent 50 plat on Star Legends long before they were able to play it also. iOS wasn't the only OS with the name reservation feature. Your comment is totally invalid.

shiss
08-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I try to play SL yesterday from my friends phone :) and I really like it:) it seems that wen playing SL at phone it is good but screen's too small, not like on IPad specially I just got another new iPad 2 so excited lol... Wish to have it fry soon :))

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.546308,139.854395