PDA

View Full Version : Community Update | 6/1/16 | Housing and Pet Animancy!

Justg
06-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Baring any unforeseen circumstances, tomorrow we will release a new client with a couple of huge new systems:

Housing

Ever need a quiet place to chill? Want a little corner of Arlor to call your own? Well the wait is almost over! Tomorrow's Client release brings a huge new system to Arcane Legends.

Click here for a full Housing guide. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?326995-Housing-Guide)

Pet Animancy

The power of Life Magic will soon descend upon the land. What strange, magical combinations will you come up with?

Click here for a full Pet Animancy guide. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?323835-Pet-Powers-Egg-Slots-quot-The-Life-Magic-of-Animancy-quot-Guide&p=2473143#post2473143)

This plus a ton of smaller tweaks and bug fixes. We'd love to hear your thoughts and questions about these upcoming systems in the comments below.

Thanks!

- g

Hercules
06-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Amazing new system, love it! Thanks you Devs

Lolifee
06-01-2016, 10:49 AM
wow impressed

konafez
06-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Very cool, ty g!

Nepos
06-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Will we have a mailbox to recieve messages while we are offline in our house?

Justg
06-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Will we have a mailbox to recieve messages while we are offline in our house?

Not with Housing 1.0. We'll definitely collect feedback for iterations in the future.

kickazzrogue
06-01-2016, 11:04 AM
These 2 systems are both revolving around story tokens how will be able to keep up will all this

Niixed
06-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Woohoo more ways to love the game, thanks devs for your hard work and amazing creativity!

Thesaint Bermudez
06-01-2016, 11:30 AM
when pet inserted to slot can we still use it or sell it if we removed?

thanks

Justg
06-01-2016, 11:35 AM
when pet inserted to slot can we still use it or sell it if we removed?

thanks

When the egg is in a slot it cannot be used, but once removed it can be used, traded, sold, cooked, whatever you like :)

Thesaint Bermudez
06-01-2016, 11:37 AM
omg why late i already open my mm -.-

anyway i like the idea.

thanks

Ansm
06-01-2016, 11:48 AM
Omg this is so cute! I wish we could also buy this by keys. HAHAHA! Or gold but it'll be like 3m and above price. But wow! It's really awesome! Cutieee!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonasDgreat
06-01-2016, 11:54 AM
so excited i hope i can do amazing things with this new update

Golem
06-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Nice, soon AL is much better even than any pc games ^^ TOP1 game soon from this PLANET^^
it would be awesome if sts design every event new items for house, for example: at Halloween, Winter, Ursoth, Goblin.... events.

Sliceshee
06-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Will we be able to collect special furniture from events?

Falconeix
06-01-2016, 12:04 PM
WOW!!! This is so exciting!!! :D
One question: Do the other types of houses will only be purchasable by platinum?

konafez
06-01-2016, 12:18 PM

This is a good question, will I be able to decorate my house for Halloween ?

Zeazimeh
06-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Can the plat items in housing be also made available for keys? Please? *puppy eyes*

Gouiwaa9000
06-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Well , I guess I'm a stick with the starter house XdXd , hope we will be able to buy new hourses/ furniture from event fir tokens :)

MrGamer
06-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Wow! It will be nice update this houses and ideas to do in it.
But i think the houses are cost too much platinums or so, could be available in some other way?
Tradable ( furnitures or house appartment )..

resurrected
06-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Wow! It will be nice update this houses and ideas to do in it.
But i think the houses are cost too much platinums or so, could be available in some other way?
Tradable ( furnitures or house appartment )..
Decorations of houses will be also purchasable by story tokens, glinstone tokens , dragon tooths. Its sure information. I guess there will be some use of hauntlet tokens too

Earlingstad
06-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Thank you! Looking forward to the new updates:encouragement:

Vixenne
06-01-2016, 12:56 PM
New hair colors too? Blondie *-* Very excited already!

arcanesuperio
06-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Thank u so much justg :)

Nepos
06-01-2016, 01:21 PM
I love the housing idea, but i hate that it costs the rent!

leoakre
06-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Maybe rename the game to Arcane Sims?!

Meh

What's all this have to do with running maps better? Many interesting ideas but still....I don't get it :\

Fyrce
06-01-2016, 01:35 PM
No need to get houses if you don't want. It's an option.

I might get a teeny tiny private cottage where I can just sit afk all the time Bahahahahahaha!

Chenmed
06-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Question

1. How much starter house can hold people?
2. How if we are not platinum user we can make our house more bigger?

Thanks,

IGN : Chenmed

leoakre
06-01-2016, 01:49 PM

I might get a teeny tiny private cottage where I can just sit afk all the time Bahahahahahaha!

Arcane Smurf Village !! (For all the cute little mages)

Wahaha

Daehanie
06-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Yeeaaayyy 👏👏👏💃💃 finally.. got more option to play.. more exciting than event update i guess 😉😁😁😁
btw..message for us while away is 👍 idea.. 😊😊

DK
06-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Yay Housing 1.0

I would like if there were some way to get more housing tokens than making sure i get my daily bard 6/7 days a week.

Will houses all my chars be able to use the same house? or do i need 9 houses for my 9 chars?

Thrucho
06-01-2016, 02:20 PM
People hoarding Munch mouth nekro & sns eggs are gonna make all kindzz of gold all kindzzz hah.. Imma build an economic but strong pet ..

Arlorz
06-01-2016, 02:25 PM

You are right with your statement "This is just an option".
However, this doesn't change the fact that a lot of work had been put into this new feature, and i would definitely have preferred if they had put the work in some new maps (maybe survival modus etc), this is what we really ned, not a house. That's my opinion, housing yea blahblah all fine & good but i would rather see improvements regarging new dungeons, maybe even new modis, maybe a new arena, idc. just give us something.

TheJuz
06-01-2016, 02:42 PM
When removing the egg. Will the removed egg be lost?

Niixed
06-01-2016, 02:43 PM

Meh

What's all this have to do with running maps better? Many interesting ideas but still....I don't get it :\

I can't help but chuckle at the idea of design-minded players battling bloodthirsty elite mobs for exclusive pillows. But, hey, why not?

As Justg has stated, housing is standard fare in many MMOs. I think the idea is to expand the appeal of Arcane Legends to more types of players. If it brings more players to the game and gives us more opportunities for social interaction, I welcome housing. I have faith that devs will add in more practicality down the line. I'd love a PvP training room or the ability to hold private meetings, for example.

Carapace
06-01-2016, 02:57 PM
When removing the egg. Will the removed egg be lost?

No, we're not monsters!

DarrenPR
06-01-2016, 03:00 PM
With the pet system being released, are you releasing the "more abundant pet egg availability" you eluded to in previous updates as well or was that idea axed?

Cinco
06-01-2016, 03:06 PM
With the pet system being released, are you releasing the "more abundant pet egg availability" you eluded to in previous updates as well or was that idea axed?

Planned for the future. We'll let the Animancy system settle a bit first.

thekragle
06-01-2016, 03:38 PM
I agree that this is a nice little addition to the game. I think it specifically draws more female players to the game as a lot of them enjoy more of the character looks and social aspect of the game and this adds more to that area of the game. And please, girls, dont get offended, I know a lot of you like to kill monsters in game too ;)

kickazzrogue
06-01-2016, 03:50 PM
I understand what your trying to do here but I think this pet system is gonna ruin everything u ever did to balance the game. U just built a missle for all the rich players and aimed it right at every new player and players that dont have alot of gold. I dont see many undergeared players pvping anymore. I think this is gonna further the gap between rich and poor. I guess well see tho.

bibeolli
06-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Could i get maridos, sns,or toor in cryo chest? or they only in rengol chest??

LastArlorian
06-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Yeeeeeee xdd

LastArlorian
06-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Very very cool!

LastArlorian
06-01-2016, 04:19 PM
But 1k plat for a tavern is to much!

Tippertwo
06-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Sounds fun . . . but can you add it so we can break into each others' house? XDD
Or, at least visit each other. But seriously, a break in would be hilarious.
And if this is for plat, please don't let it be too much o.o Or update it so that it's like the guildhalls, 50plat. Or some gold or something. Please don't add it like how much Magma is.

Mewtuh
06-01-2016, 04:33 PM
I wish that we could buy more houses with ingame gold.. Or at least a lil bigger one.

Gesendet von meinem Becher mit Schnur

Hiosahaf
06-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Any bank which'd provide a loan of 1k plat? xD

Kaziscate
06-01-2016, 05:26 PM
So, we pay weekly for our houses. What's next? We get sent to the hospital every time we die and have to pay the hospital bill in ankhs? We have to send our pet to the vet when its happiness meter is drained? Though all jokes aside, awesome updates! :)

Ipoopsy
06-01-2016, 05:37 PM
I have a big mansion in the "GUILD HALL" and i don't have to pay any rent (upkeep) on it.

crudmudgeon
06-01-2016, 06:20 PM
For 1000 plat and nearly 200plat PER WEEK that potion station better be GIVING away hp/mp pots... i've paid for some crazy things but DAY-UM.

Justg
06-01-2016, 06:26 PM

Yes you will. Events will have unique furniture items (pumpkins, etc. for Halloween, trees and decorations for Winter, etc.).

What's all this have to do with running maps better?

Nothing at this time. Adding gameplay benefits is something that we’ll consider iterating on, but we risk making this be a “required” system. Some people love housing, some don’t. It’s an optional thing.

How much starter house can hold people?

Your house has the same limit of people as towns and guild halls.

Yay Housing 1.0. I would like if there were some way to get more housing tokens than making sure i get my daily bard 6/7 days a week.

We are looking into expanding the quests and more ways to earn story tokens. Any ideas?

You are right with your statement "This is just an option". However, this doesn't change the fact that a lot of work had been put into this new feature, and i would definitely have preferred if they had put the work in some new maps (maybe survival modus etc), this is what we really ned, not a house. That's my opinion, housing yea blahblah all fine & good but i would rather see improvements regarging new dungeons, maybe even new modis, maybe a new arena, idc. just give us something.

Have you been around for the last few weeks? It’s been non-stop from us! Don’t sweat it if you don’t like housing. Not everyone likes everything, but we need to spread the love around. There's plenty more around the corner :)

Could i get maridos, sns,or toor in cryo chest? or they only in rengol chest??

We’ll definitely re-release a lot of eggs in the near future.

Sounds fun . . . but can you add it so we can break into each others' house? XD Or, at least visit each other. But seriously, a break in would be hilarious.

You can visit any friend’s house. It would be hilarious if you could break in!

I have a big mansion in the "GUILD HALL" and i don't have to pay any rent (upkeep) on it.

True, and we’ll be buffing out that system (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?328619-Guild-Enhancements-Brainstorming-Thread) soon too!

Ovacal
06-01-2016, 06:33 PM
3D game :) wahhahahhha

Ticklish
06-01-2016, 06:38 PM
I love the mods and devs' activity and response time on forums. We are a hard to please bunch, for sure.

Perhaps it is possible for you to release the plat-purchase houses in a tradable chest as well, like crate keys. Some people may not be able to purchase plat, but have lots of gold in game.

Fyrce
06-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Estate tokens in Gold Elite Runner chests?

I like how everyone discounts the free or smallest houses, just like in real life. When people in RL making a billion are in debt, well, its easy to see debt-free is not achievable for most people. Actually it is not even a goal.

Runel Joseph Ruiz
06-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Oh well time to spend my real life earnings not for a house in real life but a house in Arcane Legends.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

ilhanna
06-01-2016, 08:18 PM
If I buy a house will I still be able to use it when I'm logged on to my alts (we share the same account)?
If I don't have enough tokens for upkeep what will happen to my house?
Here's an idea for more source of tokens: mini or rare bosses. I'm still excited when I come across Il'loran, Berlu and Hisoth in Rockhorn Summit now that I don't run Nordr and Kraken enough to meet the elusives and Krunch/Bael 2.
Will there be /home shortcut?

Tippertwo
06-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Also, to join the person, do you just click, "Join," under the person's name, or does the person hosting have to invite the player specifically? And how much gold/plat will this be for each guildhall? And if we buy one house, can we have the same house on all characters? I really don't feel like buying a billion houses for all my characters to live in.

meidei
06-01-2016, 10:15 PM
I love the mods and devs' activity and response time on forums. We are a hard to please bunch, for sure.

Perhaps is possible for you to release the plat-purchase houses in a tradable chest as well, like crate keys. Some people may not be able to purchase plat, but have lots of gold in game.

tradable plat purchased chest to sell houses is nice idea! +999999 to this

Falconeix
06-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Just a suggestion:

Can we have a shareable house? Like 2 person can live in the same house? Hehehe :)

Oakmaiden
06-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Ya,plat houses way too pricey.a guildhall doesnt cost that much.cmon...think of the homeless arlorians...

Arowielki
06-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Will be there any other way to buy/obtain houses bigger than starter not for plat?

bonjovi3223
06-01-2016, 11:00 PM
How about a cave for 5k, no upkeep & sit on the floor near a bonfire. [emoji14]
My only wish is I hope this game stays playable on smaller devices or else we lose everything we worked for.

Asron9
06-02-2016, 12:56 AM
Yeeaaayyy 👏👏👏💃💃 finally.. got more option to play.. more exciting than event update i guess 😉😁😁😁
btw..message for us while away is 👍 idea.. 😊😊
hi cutie [emoji1]

Sent from my Lenovo A1900 using Tapatalk

Laitumkhrah
06-02-2016, 01:33 AM
Sweet.....!!!!

resurrected
06-02-2016, 01:41 AM
Here some ideas i got to make housing better :
If you can obtain some things/upgrades by platinum then why not for keys while its same ? Keys are costly but i believe more events comes while it will be as reward and players also will earning money for buy these keys, we know not everybody wanna or can afford platinum.
Story tokens : some x2 week again for tokens and dragon tooth's ? We need dragon bar for new set and tooth's for housing ( upgrades ). Help players obtain it and i bet more players will enjoy it. I suggest also make things purchasable by more than one different type of tokens. Lets say if you can purchase something for dragon tooth or glinstone tokens lets make it purchasable by hauntlet tokens. I thinking here about players at low lvl , including twinks. Not every twink got endgame to farm and well its hard to run wilds even if you have unlocked it as twink haha. Just few ideas :)

extrapayah
06-02-2016, 01:56 AM
wonder though, is housing shared in an account? :D:D:D

Muhammad Asraf
06-02-2016, 02:13 AM
The Fleet Ship is only 75 Platinum...
The original Guild Halls are only 50 Platinum...
Tavern is 1K Platinum!? It's EXORBITANT!

It'll be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious if the price of each house is decreased by 50%

I'm not against Housing, I'm against the cost of it... In the future, please DO NOT implement Upkeep to Guildhalls, I'm strictly against that...

Greatankush
06-02-2016, 02:19 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww I wanted to buy a bigger house. Any chance we can get the bigger ones for gold?
Can't wait to buy that starter house

Daehanie
06-02-2016, 02:41 AM
hi cutie [emoji1]

Hiiiii 😉😉😊😊 visit my house tau.. 😁😁
I will cook for u 😄😄😄

Majin Vineet
06-02-2016, 04:13 AM
Like it but housing is too expensive ...
N starter house isn't good.

Don't flop this cool idea by making it expansive.

resurrected
06-02-2016, 04:18 AM
I'll life behind trees in aqueducts hiding and sniping goblins to get out of my terrain. Freelancer

aneshsinghblu
06-02-2016, 04:59 AM
I see toons on bed. . just remember that kids also play this game. . .
ingame gf &bf will most probably like that feature, .
goin be cool to gate crash that party. . lol

DK
06-02-2016, 05:20 AM
Some questions that came across my mind:

Will all characters on one account be able to use the same house? (In case of yes will i we be able to pay with story tokens from all chars to keep the rent up?)

The difference between guildhalls and housing price seems a to rather distant from each other, any possible changes? (I would like to buy a house without a floor af dirt, without paying 500 plats and then being forced to use plat each week to keep it up)

The idea of /house seems really nice, would this be possible to implement somewhere in the future?

Forgot the last thing ;)

And then just a old thing... Would you consider adding a title for the poor people that actually managed to get 10k Flags?

kickazzrogue
06-02-2016, 05:24 AM
So what happens if u bought a house and cant afford the upkeep do i get locked oit or something

Tippertwo
06-02-2016, 05:25 AM
Wait 25k for lowest??? 5funiture only?? Nobody can afford the bigger houses, much less the rent!

VJ Ramirez
06-02-2016, 05:34 AM
Can house be tradable?

Asron9
06-02-2016, 05:58 AM
Hiiiii 😉😉😊😊 visit my house tau.. 😁😁
I will cook for u 😄😄😄
ok2 sure [emoji4] [emoji13]

arcanefid
06-02-2016, 06:23 AM
We are looking into expanding the quests and more ways to earn story tokens. Any ideas?

Each daily quest +1 Story Token

Each quest from the story +5 Story Tokens (it's a story after all)

Make Estate Tokens or Story Tokens drop from Elite Runner Chests

100 Story Tokens kits similar to Glintstone and Cryostar Coins

leoakre
06-02-2016, 06:58 AM
I see toons on bed. . just remember that kids also play this game. . .
ingame gf &bf will most probably like that feature, .
goin be cool to gate crash that party. . lol

There will be some pixel 'engagement' going on!

@@

Foumagus
06-02-2016, 07:34 AM
Having a house....
Define to me the benefits/rewards other than looking cool cause we spending 3 days story token work and some gold/plat ... Is there any??

saphirae
06-02-2016, 10:14 AM

Meh

Exactly first time i saw it i thought of SIMS game... For sure when this comes we could only read books in those houses cause game will be unplayable cause ping and dcs. And its embarrasing that for non plat players there is only 1 house that can hold only 5 things in it.

saphirae
06-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Wait 25k for lowest??? 5funiture only?? Nobody can afford the bigger houses, much less the rent!

Well to buy the biggest house in game for platinum it is monthly rent in my country hahahah

Sfubi
06-02-2016, 12:03 PM
1) Do houses come with a "stash" or is this an item to be purchased/looted
2) Is the house stash additional storage or is it connected to the town stash

Kingslaughter
06-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Cant wait to party with my cyber girl in d house...lol

UncleDia
06-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Anyone else having issues with guild chat and no one being on in friend list or guild?

Justg
06-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Anyone else having issues with guild chat and no one being on in friend list or guild?

Are you on Chrome?

UncleDia
06-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Yes I am sir

Nanamichann
06-02-2016, 01:07 PM
any specific time for the update to be released?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DarrenPR
06-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Are you on Chrome?

I am, and the guild commands are nonexistent for me at the moment.

Justg
06-02-2016, 01:27 PM
I am, and the guild commands are nonexistent for me at the moment.

Yes, there are two different clients out. Once we deprecate the old one Guild commands will be back.

iAmBurberry
06-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Is the housing feature shared by all characters on an account, or will we need to individually purchase a house for every character?

Cinco
06-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Is the housing feature shared by all characters on an account, or will we need to individually purchase a house for every character?

Houses are per-character.

iAmBurberry
06-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Houses are per-character.

Thank you for the clarification.

TheJuz
06-02-2016, 01:38 PM
No, we're not monsters!
Wew glad to know sts isn't monsters! xD haha
Thanks for the info :D

tgwaste
06-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Houses. Cool!

Upkeep: Absurd! (Especially when buying houses for plat)

stricker20000
06-02-2016, 02:17 PM
May I ask what the point in character-specific houses is? If I buy house on warrior my mage is homeless? why? expensive enough imo

EDIT: I mean 1k plat is quite a lot of money so why do we have to pay it more than once if we want house on more than one character??

tgwaste
06-02-2016, 03:15 PM
May I ask what the point in character-specific houses is? If I buy house on warrior my mage is homeless? why? expensive enough imo

EDIT: I mean 1k plat is quite a lot of money so why do we have to pay it more than once if we want house on more than one character??

Plus what you have to pay for the upkeep. Game getting to greedy for my taste

Niixed
06-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Plus what you have to pay for the upkeep. Game getting to greedy for my taste

Hey nobody is forced to buy a home and it makes no difference in pve or pvp whether you own one. Cheapest home is 25k gold and upkeep costs 3 days of bard quests per week. Plus you can sell home items you loot in maps. Is that what you mean by "greedy?"

Ticklish
06-02-2016, 05:52 PM
At the moment, I don't have a single reason to purchase a house, apart from its vanity (and I think I am quite into ingame vanity). Sure, it's fun. I love visiting other people's homes, but that's about it.

What I would really like, is for a mailbox to be part of the housing system. It's not going to affect pve or pvp, but I'm sure everyone will appreciate it. :)

Justg
06-02-2016, 05:54 PM
At the moment, I don't have a single reason to purchase a house, apart from its vanity (and I think I am quite into ingame vanity). Sure, it's fun. I love visiting other people's homes, but that's about it.

What I would really like, is for a mailbox to be part of the housing system. It's not going to affect pve or pvp, but I'm sure everyone will appreciate it. :)

Mailbox is a global system we're considering as well, though probably not part of housing.

Justg
06-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Consolidating additional feedback here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?332032-*-Client-Update-*-6-2-16-New-Housing-and-Pet-Animancy-Systems!