PDA

View Full Version : skills, how to fine tune them...

mejslll
08-09-2011, 12:47 AM
my skills, i am aprehensive to change stomp and iron blood... just worried that i will be really needing them .

veng slash - 3
crippling slash - 1
iron b - 6
stomp - 6
super mega s- 6
scream - 6
rage - 6
crushing blo - 6
evade - 6
taunt - 3
beckon - 6

question if i did becon at 2 pts what would i loose ? (then add the pts to taunt (3) and crippling slash (1))

Flickz
08-09-2011, 01:04 AM
I havn't been playing pl to long but from what i've learned you dont need that many attack skills

JaytB
08-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Lower beckon means less effective pulls. Or with other words you'd want beckon at 6 to do what a tank does best, this is grouping enemies together.

And I'd max out taunt instead of SMS. Taunt stacks, meaning you'll get 8+8=16 dodge with it maxed out. Dodge>dmg for a tank IMO

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 04:33 AM
What level is this/are you aiming for btw?

And yes, Jay is right. Lower Beckon reduces pulling power, speed, and range. 6 Beckon is also essential for end-game PvP to fully compete with the range of birds/mages.

IMO, I would only leave 1 point in Crippling Slash. I've only recently been taught of its uses, but only up to level 1 for the stun. Anything more than that is better off in either of the two slashes, IMO.

NoobianOfAlterra
08-09-2011, 05:06 AM
my skills, i am aprehensive to change stomp and iron blood... just worried that i will be really needing them .

veng slash - 3
crippling slash - 1
iron b - 6
stomp - 6
super mega s- 6
scream - 6
rage - 6
crushing blo - 6
evade - 6
taunt - 3
beckon - 6

question if i did becon at 2 pts what would i loose ? (then add the pts to taunt (3) and crippling slash (1))

Keep Beckon at 6, and since you've maxed evade you don't need anymore points in taunt for extra dodge so keep taunt as 1.
So now you would have 2 extra points, you have the option to put 1 in restore if you want pvp, (:highly_amused:)
or put those 2 in crippling slash and make it and vengeful slash both 3. If you need info on equips, check elliyidol's awesome guides.

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Keep Beckon at 6, and since you've maxed evade you don't need anymore points in taunt for extra dodge so keep taunt as 1.
So now you would have 2 extra points, you have the option to put 1 in restore if you want pvp, (:highly_amused:)
or put those 2 in crippling slash and make it and vengeful slash both 3. If you need info on equips, check elliyidol's awesome guides.

Taunt actually gives more dodge than Evade does :p

So if your only purpose was for dodge, I'd choose Taunt over Evade.

CrimsonTider
08-09-2011, 06:49 AM
As Jay said, taunt has a 5 second piggyback effect so it is crucial to max for pve and pvp. Also remeber your gear factors into the effectiveness of your skills (i.e. a fury gemstone sword provides more SKILL dmg than a fury axe.)

Also, restore is a wasted skill in my opinion. Only provides 10-14 health restore and 5 hs for 5 sec. A fart can debuff that.... just sayin!! :) So keep all maxed except for slashes and place points in those based on personal preference.

xero
08-09-2011, 07:14 AM
IMO, you should max beckon (at 6, it has a 100% pull rate. As stated in another post above, it helps immensly in grouping enemies in pve and helps get birds in range for your slashes in pvp).

Max taunt as well (as long as you maintain it, you can have a consistant +16 dodge. Far better than dodge, which only gives somewhere around +10 I believe).

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 07:16 AM
IMO, you should max beckon (at 6, it has a 100% pull rate. As stated in another post above, it helps immensly in grouping enemies in pve and helps get birds in range for your slashes in pvp).

Max taunt as well (as long as you maintain it, you can have a consistant +16 dodge. Far better than dodge, which only gives somewhere around +10 I believe).

100% Hit rate at 6 you mean? I don't think so.. Beckon still relies on your Hit %, so the lower your Hit %, the lower your chance of Beckon even at 6.

Ebalere
08-09-2011, 07:47 AM
A fart can debuff that.... just sayin!! :)

ROFL!

friedkimchi
08-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Main thing for bears is max Beckon ASAP. You become godlike in the sense that 90%+ of enemies come flying towards you, more depending on your hit%.
Max taunt or not is entirely up to you.

I have 1 point in taunt btw. I have exactly 50 dodge on my lvl 56 bear using a 2% dodge, 8 armour ring+max evade+1 taunt.
Makes me feel like a ninja.

I'm a simple dual spec bear, 142/142 STR/DEX.

Feel free to PM me if you need more details on skill point distribution.

mejslll
08-10-2011, 06:35 PM
great info... i am going to run taunt at max and take the pts out of slashes...

Herozheng
08-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Main thing for bears is max Beckon ASAP. You become godlike in the sense that 90%+ of enemies come flying towards you, more depending on your hit%.
Max taunt or not is entirely up to you.

I have 1 point in taunt btw. I have exactly 50 dodge on my lvl 56 bear using a 2% dodge, 8 armour ring+max evade+1 taunt.
Makes me feel like a ninja.

I'm a simple dual spec bear, 142/142 STR/DEX.

Feel free to PM me if you need more details on skill point distribution.

1st max up beckon is pulling mobs together then do your crows contrl , like hell scream (-30 DMG ,-30% hit debuff , also has chance to AoE stun) and Stomp (Beckon+stomp is bear's own cobom , stomp also got aoe stun too ) , other then that you need use taunt to help you hold aggro , high lvl taunt generate more aggro ... that is why bears are the supreme tank class better then pally & war bird cuz we not only pull the mobs and boss we hold the aggro , even we lost aggro some time we still can use crows control and stun lock (hell scream 、stomp 、SMS combination) to hold them . and taunt plays a major Role in here .

2ed Taunt also give us +8dodge for 6 sec , with only 6 sec skill cool down and cost 0 mana ,that is like non stop free dodge buff , compare with another dodge buff Evade 20sec buff +12 dodge (rank 6 ) cost 10 mana and 30 sec cool down , it is obvious Taunt are better then Evade , i will max taunt before max Evade especially for tanking bear and pvp lover .

i will like to max most of my skill , but there are 3 skills i find kid of useless for endgame bear :

1, Restore : that is a useless skill cost 15 mana & 16.25 sec cool down and very little heath regen over time compare with lv55+ set gear like Fort set or customized set all has very nice H/s ,that skill become more and more useless (maybe change itto restore a 20~30 % of bears total hp in like 3sec will be nice ) . i put 0 in this skill .

2,Crippling slash : one of the 3 slash 6sec cool down more then (SMS 4sec 、Vengeful Slash 4.5 sec) and each rank increase very little dmg , chance too root a single target , well a melee skill with root effect make nonsense , but i put 1 pts in order to have all of my 3 slash .

3,Iron blood : one of our 4 buffs , this skill may useful when you at low lvl , adds a good amount of armor for 12sec , but it is also cost 20 mana (highest mana cost skill for bear ) and 32.5 sec on
cool down (longest cool down time for bear skill ) , also at high lvl that small amount of armor buff become more and more useless , with highest mama cost ,longest cool down time ,
a little armor buffs are meaningless ..... i put one pts in order too have all 4 buffs. (same like Restore that skill need to be change to add % of bear's total armor ,that will be useful when
we lvl up) .

Do as i said 0 in Restore , 1 in Crippling Slash , 1 in iron blood ... at lv56 you can max all of your other skill except one of them , so what i think is put 5 only in Vengeful slash .