PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to make friends on the forum

JaytB
08-09-2011, 05:51 AM
I thought I'd share this. For those new to the forums, it might be useful :)

So this is the mail I got some time ago (copy/pasted):
---
subject: Ive seen you

oh, ive seen u be4... r u rich? i see sells from ikungfupanda all the time, cuz i need money reallllll bad. Plz add <Player name removed>
---

Not the best way to make friends IMO :topsy_turvy:

Darkfader
08-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Hey, why did you release my email to you public? ;]
Lmao nice one :)

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Or trolling, my worst enemy.

JaytB
08-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Hey, why did you release my email to you public? ;]
Lmao nice one :)

I'm sowwy, my cat pushed the 'submit' button =^.^= :p

Or trolling, my worst enemy.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that trolling is much worse IMO

I just thought is was funny to share. I'm used to begging in-game, I just didn't encounter it on the forum that much... yet

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Haha, that's a new low, IMO :p

CrimsonTider
08-09-2011, 06:06 AM
*Screeching halt as he passes the computer*

I thought I'd share this. For those new to the forums, it might be useful :)

So this is the mail I got some time ago (copy/pasted):
---
subject: Ive seen you

oh, ive seen u be4... r u rich? i see sells from ikungfupanda all the time, cuz i need money reallllll bad. Plz add <Player name removed>
---

Not the best way to make friends IMO :topsy_turvy:

Why would you do that to me?? I am SO broke!!!! lol

And now for my useful contribution...

Trolls have increased here lately. I understand everyone is bored and ready for releases and updates, but the forums are not the place to take out your anger/frustration. Make a new character, learn pvp, find a new hobby. Do whatever you can to redirect your frustrations so that you do not get labeled as a "cancer".

THX!!

Lesrider
08-09-2011, 06:06 AM
I got one of those a while back, too, from someone I didn't know. Only difference was they tried to flatter me with compliments. Yeah, like that's gonna work. Only thing worse that in-game beggars is forum pming beggars!

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Trolls have increased here lately. I understand everyone is bored and ready for releases and updates, but the forums are not the place to take out your anger/frustration. Make a new character, learn pvp, find a new hobby. Do whatever you can to redirect your frustrations so that you do not get labeled as a "cancer".

THX!!

Spot on!

What's worse is that they don't even know how rude/useless they are being, to them it's just being "cool on the internet".

JaytB
08-09-2011, 06:15 AM
*Screeching halt as he passes the computer*

Why would you do that to me?? I am SO broke!!!! lol

I'm pretty sure your guild would have your back ;)

I got one of those a while back, too, from someone I didn't know. Only difference was they tried to flatter me with compliments. Yeah, like that's gonna work. Only thing worse that in-game beggars is forum pming beggars!

Woa [O]_[O] That's like the best comment I read.. EVAR! You're so great man, and I'm honored you posted here! With that being said, can you give me your gold... All of it? :p

Lesrider
08-09-2011, 06:18 AM
I'm pretty sure your guild would have your back ;)

Woa [O]_[O] That's like the best comment I read.. EVAR! You're so great man, and I'm honored you posted here! With that being said, can you give me your gold... All of it? :p

Lol nice. And no. :p

Doubletime
08-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Jay -- in order to safe guard all your gold you should probably give it to me for safe keeping. Then you can just tell the beggars you are broke. I promise to give at least some of your gold back eventually. :)

JaytB
08-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Jay -- in order to safe guard all your gold you should probably give it to me for safe keeping. Then you can just tell the beggars you are broke. I promise to give at least some of your gold back eventually. :)

Mmm.. Tempting offer, you make it sound like a win-win... Let me think.. Mm.. NO! :p

Trollee
08-09-2011, 07:19 PM
What is "trolling" ????? :/

Ueteanetabac
08-09-2011, 07:47 PM
What is "trolling" ????? :/

You know how your mom told you to be yourself? Well you shouldnt!

Trollee
08-10-2011, 12:41 AM
You know how your mom told you to be yourself? Well you shouldnt!

Uh..... lol yeah still don't get it?

JaytB
08-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Uh..... lol yeah still don't get it?

I know I read somewhere that your name came from trolly lollys (or something like it.. You looked like one, at least that's what I remember you saying), so maybe you honestly don't know what trolling means..
Trolling is basically posting obnoxious remarks that don't contribute anything to a thread. If the sole reason for post seems to be to provoke a flame-war, it's called 'trolling'. I'm sure there's a better explanation out there, but I think you get the picture :)

Trollee
08-10-2011, 12:51 AM
I know I read somewhere that your name came from trolly lollys (or something like it.. You looked like one, at least that's what I remember you saying), so maybe you honestly don't know what trolling means..
Trolling is basically posting obnoxious remarks that don't contribute anything to a thread. If the sole reason for post seems to be to provoke a flame-war, it's called 'trolling'. I'm sure there's a better explanation out there, but I think you get the picture :)

Haha yeah, I was hoping there was just a weird coincidence with the similarity between my username and the term "trolling."
I think i get it... trolling = useless, pointless, provoking remarks that neither help or contribute to a conversation ... ? yeah ?
Haha, thanks for explanation!

JaytB
08-10-2011, 01:27 AM
I think i get it... trolling = useless, pointless, provoking remarks that neither help or contribute to a conversation ... ? yeah ?
Haha, thanks for explanation!

Yup, you got it right :)

Cahaun
08-10-2011, 08:09 PM
So thats what it meant. I thought it meant annoying to death.