PDA

View Full Version : My Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Zaltiar
08-09-2011, 08:22 AM
I finally got my Asus Eee Pad Transformer today! Its just fabulous. Initially I was going to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v,
but after comparing both the two tablets, I found the Asus to have more functionality. I got the 16gb w/ Wi-fi though.
I can't afford a 32gb right now with the money I get from work :|
Both tablets have similar specifications.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/gim/id/39477/res/5
tell me that doesn't look sick!

Both have:
-Android 3.1 Honeycomb just updated to 3.2
-NVidia 1Ghz dual processors
-Wi-fi/ 3g(optional)
-Same sized screen
-Similar battery life of ~9hrs (but the Asus w/dock= extra 7hrs!)
etc, you can find more specs in the web.

Although the Samsung Galaxy tablet is a little thinner and looks a little nicer.
The Asus Transformer has
-a cheaper price
-better image quality (Asus image quality is more realistic while Samsung's image quality pops out more and is saturated),
-supports a wider variety of video formats,
-and most importantly for me, has a dock keyboard w/ multiple ports. (and gives an additional 7 hours of battery life)
The Asus seems to be more similar to a tablet-pc while the Samsung is more for entertainment (reminds me of an i-pad).

Of course, the first thing I did when I charged my Asus Transformer was...download pocket legends and star legends
The quality of the games don't seem to have changed much, just a larger screen w/ the same resolution.
However, playing pocket legends on my brother-in-law (whom I forced into playing :D) samsung galaxy II phone, the graphics seem better on his phone.
If I remember, when I used my avian, the auto-attack button had an image of a bow and I could see the bow-string.
But on my Asus, I can't, similar to my Google Nexus S. (just something minor lol, but that's all I remember).
Everything else works fine though in terms of gameplay, multi-touch is working fine, no problems yet. Its such a big difference though, playing on a larger screen,
ahhh my eyes. haha. All this, is only in my opinion though, hope this helps if anyone is planning to get a tablet.
hope ta see you guys in game sometime,
cheers!
I know many are gonna go: "BOOO!, I-PAD FO LYFE YU NUB!!", to that I say: sit down. lol nah, I'm just an android fan ;)

EDIT: BTW, still waiting on my black "TANK" pocket legends fan t-shirt! ;_;

Cascade
08-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Oh nice how much did that cost you?

Zaltiar
08-10-2011, 12:15 AM
It cost me about $470 and another $140 for the dock keyboard.

I can actually control my main computer through my transformer tablet even watch videos! :D,

Unxtoxic
08-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Ah very nice :)

WhoIsThis
08-10-2011, 08:02 PM
How is PL on an Android tablet?

Zaltiar
08-10-2011, 08:51 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/0ec80f09-38bf-fbc8.jpgIts good, though i have to say, it could be better. Maybe pl hasnt updated for android tablets yet, but with dual nvidia tegra chips, pl devs should make use of it. The graphics itself doesnt look much difference than when playing on my google nexus s, just larger with the same res.
Im pretty sure the ipad has better pl graphics,,

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Roasty
08-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Dam...my iPad cost me around $650. CURSE YOU APPLE!!! :mad:

Zaltiar
08-10-2011, 09:07 PM
I love this thing. I recharge for 15 mins and i get 1/4 of my battery back, transferring files (not sure if its this tablet), i can transfer a 2 gb movie from my computer in about 1min lol. Playing the tegra based games....my brain cant comprehend all this awesomesauce.
Havent had any crashes yet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

kinawarrior
08-10-2011, 10:31 PM
All the game on the Asus tablet is basically the iPhone version blown up to a big screen. Still us awesome!