PDA

View Full Version : Thank You To Our Supporters With Free Platinum in Star Legends

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Spacetime Studios is celebrating the coming launch of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles by giving back to our paying customers.

We know that Pocket Legends and Star Legends wouldn't be the exciting, vibrant worlds that they are without the many people from all over the world who play in them. We are especially grateful to those players who have supported us by purchasing Platinum.

As a "thank you" to accounts that have previously purchased Platinum we are gifting you 30 free Platinum in Star Legends (a $4.95 USD value)!* The Platinum has been granted directly to your account, all you need to is log in to Star Legends and it should be there waiting for you.

Thanks again to everyone who plays and makes our games great!

*To be eligible for the 30 free Platinum Grant, an account must have purchased Platinum via in-app purchase or the Webstore since 12:01 AM, March 1, 2011 and be in good standing.

Snakespeare
08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
THANKS, devs!

AdinoEznite
08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
dang this kind of stuff would happen right before i plan to buy some plat xD

Lesrider
08-09-2011, 11:55 AM
The fine print... So this only works for new folks. Sigh.

Cascade
08-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Wow you guys rock!

Conradin
08-09-2011, 11:57 AM
LoL all my pLats been purchased before that date- but I don't really care as long as I get to play SL.

NYCFanMan
08-09-2011, 11:57 AM
When is it comin out???

Register
08-09-2011, 11:58 AM

Lol I was gonna buy plat yesterday on PL for SL until I found out about the plat being game specific. And now I lose out because of that....lol...

Lowlyspy
08-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Wow i read that all wrong the first time lol, meh i still bought plat a while back so, yay thanks devs!

Dosumn1978
08-09-2011, 12:05 PM

Lol I was gonna buy plat yesterday on PL for SL until I found out about the plat being game specific. And now I lose out because of that....lol...

Oh man...are u serious. I bought all mine through pl too for sl. No wonder its messed up.

Register
08-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Oh man...are u serious. I bought all mine through pl too for sl. No wonder its messed up.

I learn that plat will be game specific right before I was gonna buy it. And so I dont buy it ofc. So for being smart and not buying plat in PL for SL, I miss out on free plat. That aint cool.

Kraze
08-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Tyvm

Ixillicus
08-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Spacetime Studios is celebrating the coming launch of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles by giving back to our paying customers.

We know that Pocket Legends and Star Legends wouldn't be the exciting, vibrant worlds that they are without the many people from all over the world who play in them. We are especially grateful to those players who have supported us by purchasing Platinum.

As a "thank you" to accounts that have previously purchased Platinum we are gifting you 30 free Platinum in Star Legends (a $4.95 USD value)!* The Platinum has been granted directly to your account, all you need to is log in to Star Legends and it should be there waiting for you.

Thanks again to everyone who plays and makes our games great!

*To be eligible for the 30 free Platinum Grant, an account must have purchased Platinum via in-app purchase or the Webstore since 12:01 AM, March 1, 2011 and be in good standing.

Edit: Saw it on the general discussion thread, NM

Fishstick
08-09-2011, 01:03 PM
I do not see platinum in either Pocket Legends or the other one. I bought platinum in November of 2010. I should be eligable for free platinum, right?

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I do not see platinum in either Pocket Legends or the other one. I bought platinum in November of 2010. I should be eligable for free platinum, right?

I'm sorry Fishstick, but the script to grant plat gave it out to accounts that had purchased Platinum after March 1, 2011 (when we had announced Star Legends).

Fishstick
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Oops..misread the post. Thanks for the response. I thought it was for people that have supported the company for a long time.

Edit....That was not supposed to sound so sarcastic.

Kraze
Sam I feel bad for you. Major news + four threads must be keeping you busy today. Ty for keeping them all updated as fast as you are

XchilangopwnX
QQ yes ive said it and made a thread but me no likey :( I wanted 800 plat for $50 to split on sl and pl ah well guess ill stick with 200 each or something im going to have to wait for ios to have sl though since I was going to do it with itunes...hmm where is the bright side to this?....oh yeah...nope idk...

Kraze
08-09-2011, 01:14 PM
QQ yes ive said it and made a thread but me no likey :( I wanted 800 plat for $50 to split on sl and pl ah well guess ill stivk with 200 each or something im going to have to wait for ios to have sl though since I was going to do it with itunes...hmm where is the bright side to this?....oh yeah...nope idk...

Bright side we must be getting close to approval. This switch wouldn't be sts's first choice. Must be an apple tos issue and they are doing the best they can. I bought plat just for sl on pl a month ago. Now it's stuck there and while the 30 plat is awesome I'll have to buy more plat for char slots. But over the last year and a half or so of playing pl I can tell you that sts is not in the habit of breaking promises. This has to be out of their hands

superglut2
08-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Seriously, i have never seen a game where devs change their minds as much as in PL.

Just a few examples, Shadow Caves had a Drop Rate of 100% , then ppl complained and it got nerved while the people on the forums made millions other players lost millions, so it wasnt fair at all because forum ppl Def had a BIG advantange. Then a few ppl complained because it was too easy then devs nerved it to make it even harder and soon afterwards shadowcaves were DEAD. I hardly ever see a game where ppl are playing, so the entire campaign was pretty much pointless after a week.

Another Example, Big Luck hat, first it was stated it was permanent, then devs said it wouldnt be permanentn after they made probably hundreds of dollars cause ppl bought it cause it was stated to be permanent, well luckily it stayed permanenent but seriously thats a no-go for a game company.

Example number 3. First we had to purchase the campaigns for 10 dollars which was okay, but then it was stated that PL would be free, so every player who purchased all the campaigns became a shield. Which was OKAY too, a little less but better hten nothing, i liked the free shield, but then a few ppl complained and soon pretty much everyone got a free shield. So it destroyed the entire purpose of having a shield. I dont even use it anymore cause too many players have one.

Then they made Hats for old school players, then android players complained and they said they would give us all free hats a few months later with some verteran reward system, which never happened.

I could go on wiht things like that for quiet a while now but im guessing everyones getting my point.

Now A LOT of forum players purchased 800 Plat for preparation of Starlegends, including me, i sitl lhave over 400 Plat left, and basically i dont have any use for them besides XP Pots, i was going to use them on Starlegends because Pocket Legends is getting really boring for me ( i have 16 chars, and way too many 50s, because i have been playing it for way too long now, so now i basically now I wasted 20 euros which ill never spend in Pocket Legends because Devs said it would be universal. I dont care about the 20 euros because im working but there are probably quiet a few players who arent as old as me and who dont have the money.
Basically now i have to purchase another 800 plat so ill have 400 over again on the end.

And No i dont agree with a 1 time transfer because then players will always have left overs from 1 game or another which is nice for STS because then they will make more money but players will really suffer from it.

No offense here, but this is really getting annoying and it makes a lot of players angry, which probably dont have the courage to talk up because they are scared of getting flammed or banned.

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
MMO games are always works in progress. That is part of their charm. We understand your feeling Superglut, but we feel the benefits of continuing to evolve the game outweigh what would otherwise be a single player experience. Change is always rough, but we can get through it. Thanks!

Justg
08-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Seriously, i have never seen a game where devs change their minds as much as in PL.

This is a consequence of us being so involved and updating the game so much. Blessing and a curse I guess.

nazgulking
08-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Superglut, usually your posts are minimalistic. This is the first time i read one of your posts that is so long :O

Kraze
08-09-2011, 01:22 PM

This is a consequence of us being so involved and updating the game so much. Blessing and a curse I guess.
Eh it's easy to point out the negatives...for the most part the changes we see improve the game play or community in general. However I think this particular change is hitting some harder than others and people are blowing off some steam.

Cascade
08-09-2011, 01:25 PM

Just a few examples, Shadow Caves had a Drop Rate of 100% , then ppl complained and it got nerved while the people on the forums made millions other players lost millions, so it wasnt fair at all because forum ppl Def had a BIG advantange. Then a few ppl complained because it was too easy then devs nerved it to make it even harder and soon afterwards shadowcaves were DEAD. I hardly ever see a game where ppl are playing, so the entire campaign was pretty much pointless after a week.

Another Example, Big Luck hat, first it was stated it was permanent, then devs said it wouldnt be permanentn after they made probably hundreds of dollars cause ppl bought it cause it was stated to be permanent, well luckily it stayed permanenent but seriously thats a no-go for a game company.

Example number 3. First we had to purchase the campaigns for 10 dollars which was okay, but then it was stated that PL would be free, so every player who purchased all the campaigns became a shield. Which was OKAY too, a little less but better hten nothing, i liked the free shield, but then a few ppl complained and soon pretty much everyone got a free shield. So it destroyed the entire purpose of having a shield. I dont even use it anymore cause too many players have one.

Then they made Hats for old school players, then android players complained and they said they would give us all free hats a few months later with some verteran reward system, which never happened.

I could go on wiht things like that for quiet a while now but im guessing everyones getting my point.

Now A LOT of forum players purchased 800 Plat for preparation of Starlegends, including me, i sitl lhave over 400 Plat left, and basically i dont have any use for them besides XP Pots, i was going to use them on Starlegends because Pocket Legends is getting really boring for me ( i have 16 chars, and way too many 50s, because i have been playing it for way too long now, so now i basically now I wasted 20 euros which ill never spend in Pocket Legends because Devs said it would be universal. I dont care about the 20 euros because im working but there are probably quiet a few players who arent as old as me and who dont have the money.
Basically now i have to purchase another 800 plat so ill have 400 over again on the end.

And No i dont agree with a 1 time transfer because then players will always have left overs from 1 game or another which is nice for STS because then they will make more money but players will really suffer from it.

No offense here, but this is really getting annoying and it makes a lot of players angry, which probably dont have the courage to talk up because they are scared of getting flammed or banned.

Wowowowow....Cant believe what your saying...The devs of STS are awesome no devs even compare all the other devs of different companies dont even care about their players they just care about how much revenue is rolling in...STS actually cares about their players and answer their questions...Thats part of the reason ive beeb playing PL/SL so long is because they have the mentality of Customers first, money later...So just please stop complaining...Im pretty sure they are doing this because apple requires it before they can approve it

Kraze
08-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Ugh so hard to keep up with all four threads. Cascade is 100% correct STS is one of the rare companies game developer or otherwise that still takes a customer first approach this isn't something they would do for lols

Register
08-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Im would be completely fine if it was just the grant but with it being mixed with the plat switch, that becomes something else. Many people bought platinum in preparation for SL only to learn that the plat is game specific. And then they get 30 plat in SL. But what about people who bought 50+ plat? They get less because of a short notice change that might even end up eating up some money. Me? I wasnt going to be hasty with my first plat purchase and went onto the forum to see if there was any news. I learned that there was gonna be the plat seperate (I learned that yesterday) so I was glad I didnt buy it. My intention was to just upgrade my character and buy another character slot with 5 TapJoy offers I did on PL. So that plan is out. And now I dont get a nice grant of 30 plat because I didnt be hasty and purchase plat right away. So now Im stuck with not being able to get another character slot right away, having to buy my plat right when SL comes out, and just hoping that the transaction goes through before I finish the tutorial.

On another thread, somebody said that this plan favors the beta players. I agree to some extent. Non beta players who bought plat get plat on PL (which they may or may not want/need) and some 30 plat in SL. Then there is the beta players who bought plat on SL. They get plat on SL and the grant. Droid players already have many extra features in PL that saves them plat and possibly money, and Star Legends. And now most get free plat andplat they purchased.

I dont see any quick and/or easy fix to this, if the devs decide against this, which they may or may not. Im sure many people are upset and possibly angry with this, including me.

So just please stop complaining...

Ugh so hard to keep up with all four threads. Cascade is 100% correct STS is one of the rare companies game developer or otherwise that still takes a customer first approach this isn't something they would do for lols

The devs are understanding and actually read out comments and suggestions about the ideas we have. And a lot of players are not complaining. Some are typing out their thoughts. What good would be the devs reading our thoughts if we didnt type them out?

Kraze
08-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Im would be completely fine if it was just the grant but with it being mixed with the plat switch, that becomes something else. Many people bought platinum in preparation for SL only to learn that the plat is game specific. And then they get 30 plat in SL. But what about people who bought 50+ plat? They get less because of a short notice change that might even end up eating up some money. Me? I wasnt going to be hasty with my first plat purchase and went onto the forum to see if there was any news. I learned that there was gonna be the plat seperate (I learned that yesterday) so I was glad I didnt buy it. My intention was to just upgrade my character and buy another character slot with 5 TapJoy offers I did on PL. So that plan is out. And now I dont get a nice grant of 30 plat because I didnt be hasty and purchase plat right away. So now Im stuck with not being able to get another character slot right away, having to buy my plat right when SL comes out, and just hoping that the transaction goes through before I finish the tutorial.

On another thread, somebody said that this plan favors the beta players. I agree to some extent. Non beta players who bought plat get plat on PL (which they may or may not want/need) and some 30 plat in SL. Then there is the beta players who bought plat on SL. They get plat on SL and the grant. Droid players already have many extra features in PL that saves them plat and possibly money, and Star Legends. And now most get free plat andplat they purchased.

I dont see any quick and/or easy fix to this, if the devs decide against this, which they may or may not. Im sure many people are upset and possibly angry with this, including me.

My intial thought was wow this is a big advantage to beta players...after some thought I've decided to treat this like a beta founder helm thing. It's the reward they got for beta testing and I'm over it and excited we are one step closer to getting to play

superglut2
08-09-2011, 01:44 PM

The devs are understanding and actually read out comments and suggestions about the ideas we have. And a lot of players are not complaining. Some are typing out their thoughts. What good would be the devs reading our thoughts if we didnt type them out?

Agreed, im not saying I dont like the fact that STS REALLY cares about us players, this is probably the biggest reason that i still play this game and that i have spend A LOT of money for it because i want to support them and i feel like that the ideas from us players are actually beeing read and considered. im just saying that some changes are no-gos for me and that STS should consider their decisions better before they make announcements that are based on Plat Purchases.

I believe its better if we get No info at all about ideas, features, that require us to pay with for Plat if they arent 100% sure that its going to stay like this.

Register
08-09-2011, 01:48 PM
My intial thought was wow this is a big advantage to beta players...after some thought I've decided to treat this like a beta founder helm thing. It's the reward they got for beta testing and I'm over it and excited we are one step closer to getting to play

Yes. I already posted that I found a solution that semi-works for me. Im sure many others can too. I think the plat split was a Apple thing so that might have been what is holding up the approval. Now that we are getting more info about release stuff, that is good. probably means that Sl is very close to release.

onemadzhau
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
How do u think I feel I bought 2k plat so what do I do now I got three lvl 55s one of each and 2000 plat so uhhh im kimfa confused and upset

Whirlzap
08-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Dude, I know your mad but the Developers are obviously trying to work on making everyone happy as they could.
Look Shadow Caves is an Elite dungeon, think of the 100% as just a little gift.
Also, the founders helm was for those who supported STS early on.
STS is getting a lot of stress, they're releasing more than they've ever have in the last year, all under hundreds of player pressure.
How about you try to go host a wide-community player game and come back with no bad news?
Gotta atleast be happy the game is actually getting updates.
I'm not one to complain, but I think you're thinking to much about this.

Whirlzap
08-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Also you're the one who bought the 2k plat.
No one to blame except you.

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 05:45 PM
No one to blame except you.
No. Also STS is to blame for misleading him.
JTLYK. :o

Lesrider
08-09-2011, 05:48 PM
No. Also STS is to blame for misleading him.
JTLYK. :o

At the risk of being forced to disappear forever, I'll say this:

Shouldn't it have been STS's responsibility to find out if they're allowed to combine plat for two games BEFORE telling their customers that they can do so (multiple times)?

Tvis
08-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Let's just tell ourselves that this is a step forward to getting SL in the App Store.

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Let's just tell ourselves that this is a step forward to getting SL in the App Store.

Yes, hopefully.

If it doesn't release in a month, I'm going to go mad.
And hunt you down for giving me false hope.

Fncrazy
08-09-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't care how they do it. As long as I can tranfer plat from pl to sl I'm fine. I bought 2k plat awhile back and was led to believe I could use for both. Do what u gotta do mke us happy, were paying customers. Thank you for the 30plat gift.

CanonicalKoi
08-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Yes, hopefully.

If it doesn't release in a month, I'm going to go mad.
And hunt you down for giving me false hope.

"...go mad"???? *cough*

:D

Beanmachine
08-09-2011, 06:21 PM
OH shoot...Are you telling me you have to buy plat in star legends as well!?!

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 06:21 PM
"...go mad"???? *cough*

:D

Ahem. I am perfectly sane right now.
OK, maybe not..but....GRRR! KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *sputters*

Valiksuhr
08-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Big Thank You! DLed it today, logged in, thought "gah..payday is in two weeks.." and saw the free plat. Thanks agaun :D

Beanmachine
08-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Why would you devs do this if the plat costs the same? Just curious...

I "begged" my dad to buy 800 plat for the upcoming game:/

Coltona
08-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Ok as far as complaining goes; I can flame with the best of them, but after reading all the posts here and looking at the goods and bads of the situation here's what I figure will happen:

SL will come out for iOS users, and we'll be afforded the same opportunities as those that played SL on android market. If not the devs will come up with some type of solution for those players that are still disgruntled.

As far as the plat being universal, the only thing I can imagine is once apple approves SL and the games have been out for a month or so the devs will do all they can to create an all game plat that can be purchased on either and spent on either.

The devs are listening to all posts whether complaint, suggestion, or someone defending STS. But whether you agree with the speed of things or not, the facts are the same. There will be a wait no matter what even after it's approved. There will be future updates, since the game won't immediately be perfect. And there will be more improvements (whether good or bad is your opinion) to be made in the future, which will also cost time.

What can we as players do? Keep playing, even if you've reached the end, help another player get there. Point out suggestions to the devs and comment on the good things that have been done. Keep the community a good place. I think out of this whole thread I haven't seen more than 2-3 "You devs rock!" or "Love the new updates/game!" or even a nice "Whatever you do we're all right here behind you!"
Come on everyone give them some support for their achievements also.

Magecreater
08-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Thnx STS!!!!!

Coltona
08-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Haha! I'm with mage!

apocketlegend
08-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Idk if I like this idea, oh well Im not on after this week end

onemadzhau
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Wow dude not sure if this was meant for me yes it is my fault I bought 2k plat for 90$ wasnt blaming anyone but as to why I have no reason to be upset? I think I have a little right to be 90$ is a decent amount of money and 2000 is gonna be a little hard to use on one game where my three chatacters are almost maxed, yes I know update coming soon but I wont even use half the 2000 maxing them out but yes I love both games and now I have to hope and wait for maybe a transfer for a fee or a one time free transfer btw I do love sts game

onemadzhau
08-11-2011, 10:00 AM
^^ was supposed to have whirlzaps quote with it

onemadzhau
08-11-2011, 10:05 AM
No one to blame except you. this quote

Cascade
08-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Just let these threads die please its done and over with now...End of story

Slush
08-13-2011, 12:07 AM
At the risk of being forced to disappear forever, I'll say this:

Shouldn't it have been STS's responsibility to find out if they're allowed to combine plat for two games BEFORE telling their customers that they can do so (multiple times)?

Banned?! Wtf??