PDA

View Full Version : In Preparation for Star Legends Launch, Platinum is Now Game Specific

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
During the course of the Star Legends beta test we have tested balance, game play, and the Platinum Store. We have allowed players to access their Pocket Legends Platinum balances to fully experience Star Legends. In anticipation of the live, global launch of Star Legends, Platinum is now game specific.

In celebration of the coming Star Legends global launch, we are granting all accounts that purchased Platinum in Pocket Legends 30 free Platinum in Star Legends (a $4.95 USD value).* The Platinum has been granted to your account, all you need to is log in to Star Legends and it will be there waiting for you.

We can't wait to get Star Legends: the Blackstar Chronicles (http://starlegends.com) into everyone’s hands!

*To be eligible for the 30 free Platinum Grant, an account must have purchased Platinum via in-app purchase or the Webstore since 12:01 AM, March 1, 2011 and be in good standing.

Snakespeare
08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Can't wait, too! This rule actually, I think, favors the small game developer.

Derajdefyre
08-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I made a purchase after the Star Legends beta was released with the full intention of using that platinum purchase for Star Legends. Will I be able to keep it for Star Legends?

Abaleuibub
08-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Will it stay this way, or just till beta ends?

Redbridge
08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.....................

CanonicalKoi
08-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks, Justg! I asked Sam in Chatbox for clarification, but I think he was doing 15 things at once.

Mennddoza
08-09-2011, 12:06 PM
when will it come up in app store

Dosumn1978
Will it stay this way, or just till beta ends?

This!

Register
Les, this applies to iOS users as well. It will be there when you log in.

yes but people in beta can buy plat for SL get the plat they bought IN sl. And the grant. While people who are not in beta would buy plat in PL with the intention of using it in SL. They get the grant and some plat on PL that they probably dnt really want.

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
I made a purchase after the Star Legends beta was released with the full intention of using that platinum purchase for Star Legends. Will I be able to keep it for Star Legends?

Platinum purchased in Star Legends should be in Star Legends.

Cascade
08-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I had 7 plat or so and then after this i have 30...Where did my 7 plat go lol

Snakespeare
08-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Thank you, Gary, for trying so hard to get this feature. It's a bummer that it didn't work out.

In discussion with my wife, though, it started to be clear to me why the rule exists. We envisioned a huge company like EA doing it, and it was pretty clear that they would have an instant player base for each and every game they made. Then a little start-up would have the hardest time trying to create a player base. Players would all gravitate to the company with the most games because they already had credits they could spend.

So, miserable as I felt when I first heard the news, I got over it when I realized it was more fair for everyone this way.

Thank you SO MUCH for trying to do this. I think you spent a lot of time on it. I don't imagine anyone is less pleased with it than you. I know it's small consolation, but I do think you will gain more from the ruling than you will lose.

LOL!... and now G just deleted his post. Anyhow, thanks

Yvonnel
08-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Argh! Now I have to spend another $90 for SL. I just reloaded my pl account.

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 12:17 PM
I had 7 plat or so and then after this i have 30...Where did my 7 plat go lol

Your 7 plat was originally purchased in Pocket Legends, so it is available to you in Pocket Legends.

Silentarrow
08-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Ok, so Platinum purchased/earned on tapjoy in PL can only be used in PL?

Ixillicus
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Curious... I think I have purchased many platinum during the qualifying dates, but I did so in PL. As an iPhone user, I have yet been unable to play SL. When SL is launched, will I get the 30 plat on my account there? I reserved my name so I assume I should have an account when SL launches globally.

Kraze
08-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Curious... I think I have purchased many platinum during the qualifying dates, but I did so in PL. As an iPhone user, I have yet been unable to play SL. When SL is launched, will I get the 30 plat on my account there? I reserved my name so I assume I should have an account when SL launches globally.

In the other thread he confirmed iOS can qualify

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 12:59 PM

If your account qualifies, then yes, the 30 Platinum will be there waiting for you!

Ixillicus
08-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Yay.

Abaleuibub
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
correct me if i'm wrong,
but wasn't there a special info a few weeks ago, saying that the purchased plat will be usable on all sts-games?

or was that in a fever dream?

in case i'm healthy, why the change?

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 01:20 PM
correct me if i'm wrong,
but wasn't there a special info a few weeks ago, saying that the purchased plat will be usable on all sts-games?

or was that in a fever dream?

in case i'm healthy, why the change?

We have said that in the past, however that has changed. That's the nature of MMO games in general and more specifically Beta Tests - things change. We know change is scary, but we can get through it!

Snakespeare
08-09-2011, 01:20 PM
It is apparently a rule. Looking around, there seems to be NO existing game company that shares in-game currency between games.

Our devs tried to do something magnificent for us, but it's apparently "not done". They had to change.

If you think you're disappointed, imagine how the devs feel.

Kraze
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
It is apparently a rule. Looking around, there seems to be NO existing game company that shares in-game currency between games.

Our devs tried to do something magnificent for us, but it's apparently "not done". They had to change.

^^^this these guys work hard. If you want to see the difference between am active dev and a dev that just wants your cash email support at sts and ea... Sts one to two day turnaround EA I'm at 6 months 21 days and 17 emails later and no response outside of the automated email

CrimsonTider
08-09-2011, 01:32 PM
^^^this these guys work hard. If you want to see the difference between am active dev and a dev that just wants your cash email support at sts and ea... Sts one to two day turnaround EA I'm at 6 months 21 days and 17 emails later and no response outside of the automated email

LMAO!! I want to know when you get an answer!

Abaleuibub
08-09-2011, 01:37 PM

I get it . . . swiming with the stream.

But just because no one else is doing it, doesn't make it a bad or unprofitable idea. Give it a thought.

Kraze
08-09-2011, 01:53 PM

LMAO!! I want to know when you get an answer!
Just sent email 18 just for the lols

Snakespeare
08-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I get it . . . swiming with the stream.

But just because no one else is doing it, doesn't make it a bad or unprofitable idea. Give it a thought.

Agreed, I think it's super cool that the devs tried to do it, even though it's "not done".

But if you think about the huge game companies doing it, you might start to see why that might not be such a good thing for the small game companies. A big one like EA would have a lot of power over their distribution channels if their players were all combined in a shared in-game currency system. With that much power they could start to demand exclusive rights. The distributors are just not going to allow that. Also, the huge game companies would have an instant player base for every single game they make, and players would be inclined to stay with one game company because of the interchangeable currency. So, really, this rule protects the little guys.

CanonicalKoi
08-09-2011, 02:16 PM

Hey! You could make a contest out of this! "Guess the day I'll actually receive an answer from EA". At least with our Devs, it's more like "Guess the minute after I submit a question that I get an answer".

Kraze
08-09-2011, 02:32 PM

Hey! You could make a contest out of this! "Guess the day I'll actually receive an answer from EA". At least with our Devs, it's more like "Guess the minute after I submit a question that I get an answer".
The under/over is currently at never I'm just hard headed

Abaleuibub
08-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Agreed, I think it's super cool that the devs tried to do it, even though it's "not done".

But if you think about the huge game companies doing it, you might start to see why that might not be such a good thing for the small game companies. A big one like EA would have a lot of power over their distribution channels if their players were all combined in a shared in-game currency system. With that much power they could start to demand exclusive rights. The distributors are just not going to allow that. Also, the huge game companies would have an instant player base for every single game they make, and players would be inclined to stay with one game company because of the interchangeable currency. So, really, this rule protects the little guys.

Allow me to disagree.

Was it a bad decision for the US to start the dollar in 1785 and abadon the continental currencies or the europeans having the euro in 1999?

deafmaster
08-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Here are my two pennies....I completely understand that the devs HAD to make this change for whatever reason, whether it be apple, or this or that. The thing is, that after the universal currency was announced, and SL was submitted, myself along with who knows how many went to buy plat "IN PREPARATION FOR SL". Now, this is where i have a problem. I only purchased the plat because it was supposed to be good for SL, and i wanted to be ready for the release which is maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, (stopped counting days lol).

Furthermore I didn't purchase the plat "in game", but on the PL website, because plat isn't available on the SL website so I HAD NO CHOICE. If it was possible to purchase on SL website i would have, or if I was warned this would happen i would have waited. It frustrating that the devs can just take back what they said, but I can't take back the 90$ i spent on...well the wrong game apparently. I'm not rich, and 90$ is hard earned for me, so when i spend it i spend it carefully. Being told one thing to entice or encourage me to purchase, then being told the opposite really grinds my gears.

Again, I know this change wasn't done spitefully, or deceivingly, but you have to admit from our point of view(the consumer), it is extremely frustrating. I know this is a heck of a long shot but if the devs team TRUELY wants to be fair to everyone, they should allow the credits and only the credits that were purchased after the universal currency was announced to be transferred over to SL. That way, people like myself that purchased platinum for the sole reason of spending it on SL will not feel robbed.

Anyone else feel like this?

Piosidon
08-09-2011, 03:21 PM
It seems that we are going to have to choose one game over the other now.

krazii
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
We have said that in the past, however that has changed. That's the nature of MMO games in general and more specifically Beta Tests - things change. We know change is scary, but we can get through it!

Thanks for the update. I would like to make the following request:

Please allow a one time transfer of plat from PL to SL. (Just one direction)

I ask this because some of us bought plat in PL and bought more then we anticipated using (in PL) so we'd have it available for use in SL and we could take advantage of the better deal of buying it in bulk. We also did this because initially you announced it would be transferable. Make the transfer only available to accounts created before you released SL beta.

Alternatively, you could refuld PL purchases so we could use the cash to buy plat in SL, but I don't think that's a productive idea.

Thanks for your consideration,

Kraz

Snakespeare
08-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Here are my two pennies....I completely understand that the devs HAD to make this change for whatever reason, whether it be apple, or this or that. The thing is, that after the universal currency was announced, and SL was submitted, myself along with who knows how many went to buy plat "IN PREPARATION FOR SL". Now, this is where i have a problem. I only purchased the plat because it was supposed to be good for SL, and i wanted to be ready for the release which is maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, (stopped counting days lol).

Furthermore I didn't purchase the plat "in game", but on the PL website, because plat isn't available on the SL website so I HAD NO CHOICE. If it was possible to purchase on SL website i would have, or if I was warned this would happen i would have waited. It frustrating that the devs can just take back what they said, but I can't take back the 90$ i spent on...well the wrong game apparently. I'm not rich, and 90$ is hard earned for me, so when i spend it i spend it carefully. Being told one thing to entice or encourage me to purchase, then being told the opposite really grinds my gears.

Again, I know this change wasn't done spitefully, or deceivingly, but you have to admit from our point of view(the consumer), it is extremely frustrating. I know this is a heck of a long shot but if the devs team TRUELY wants to be fair to everyone, they should allow the credits and only the credits that were purchased after the universal currency was announced to be transferred over to SL. That way, people like myself that purchased platinum for the sole reason of spending it on SL will not feel robbed.

I know how you feel. I had 200 plat remaining and I started not using it, expecting the game to come out end of Q2. Then the beta people got the game and I kept saving and hoping. Then it was release to all Android users, and I kept saving. Then I gave up, figuring it will never come to iOS and started spending the plat.

I had a gift card to iTunes and almost used it for plat, but now I am glad I didn't.

But if I had, I would send a PM to support and tell them that plat was intended for SL and I use iOS so I had to buy it through PL. These guys are so cool, I know they would at least reply, even if they can't change it.

Azurkray
08-09-2011, 04:05 PM
I Planned to use most of the plat in SL. After this update, I only have the 30 free plat for SL, and so much plat for PL that I don't know what to do with.
Devs, mabye you guys could reset things the way they were and FROM NOW ON plat could be game specific. I realize you have your reasons for doing this, but its just an idea.
Other forum members, what do you think? Do you agree with Deafmaster? Do you like my idea? Any thoughts, suggestions, comments?

CrimsonTider
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I Planned to use most of the plat in SL. After this update, I only have the 30 free plat for SL, and so much plat for PL that I don't know what to do with.

My opinion is they could have decided to not do anything. Be happy they decided to reward everyone because of APPLE's issues.

Whirlzap
08-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Be glad with what ya got, son!
Also, I actually do know a few games with univers cash money.

Ayc2000
08-09-2011, 04:53 PM
^^what whirlz said :smile:

Register
08-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I had a gift card to iTunes and almost used it for plat, but now I am glad I didn't.

Lols same! i wish I had lol bought the plat tho. All i wanted was 30 plat to buy an upgrade....then i woulda gotten 30 for PL and 30 for Sl which would go for the upgrade...

Hoodwink
08-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Hello Sam, my acct had a problem with the free plat. I had no issue getting the free 30 plat (thank you so much!), but the plat I had prior to the update wiped out my previous amt of plat I had on hand.
Anyone else experience this?

Please, advise..

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 05:05 PM
My opinion is they could have decided to not do anything. Be happy they decided to reward everyone because of APPLE's issues.

But many people bought in bulk just because of the "Universal Plat Thingy"

Basically, say....

You buy an extremely cool game, for Fifty Bucks. It has revolutionary graphics. You want to buy it because you want a piece of that 3D Virtual Cake. Everything. But then, it is discovered that the XBox refuses to approve the graphics because..yada yada yada. So they reduce the graphics to 2005 Gamecube style, and then refund you 5 bucks. YAY! I feel so happy now! </S> I don't know what you guys are eating in your Cocoa Puffs, but I imagine I would be pretty freaking mad about the change.

In a way, this is what STS has done to the certain people that bought in bulk because of the Announcement.. (I didn't, but...) They announced an exciting new feature, kind of. So many people went out and spent 50 bucks, in advance, because of the announcement. So now, they recall the announcement, but give you 5 dollars.

AND! Most of the people who spent 50$ only spent because of the Universal Platinum, from what I've read. So...it's kind of cheap, but I guess you are also right in a sense. And I guess they couldn't help it. They didn't HAVE TO reward them for their trouble, but if they didn't, it'd be bad customer service. :o

My 0.02, feel free to ignore this.

Zeus
08-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Hello Sam, my acct had a problem with the free plat. I had no issue getting the free 30 plat (thank you so much!), but the plat I had prior to the update wiped out my previous amt of plat I had on hand.

Please, advise..

It wasn't wiped, but it was tied in with the announcement that platinum is now Game Specific. That platinum now should be on your Pocket Legends account. I'm not a developer, but if my logic is right. That is where everyones' lost platinums went.

Samhayne
08-09-2011, 05:07 PM

Please, advise..

Hoodwink, your Plat has been moved to be just available in Pocket Legends. If you need further explination, please write us via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol).

Thanks!

Zeus
08-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Hoodwink, your Plat has been moved to be just available in Pocket Legends. If you need further explination, please write us via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol).

Thanks!

I sniped Sam! Whoohoo! :D

Tvis
08-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Dang. I'm ios user, so I don't have the beta. I had loaded with Platinum using PL for use in SL :(

CanonicalKoi
08-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat, Tvis. I'm not going to stop playing PL, so that plat will come in handy there one way or another. At some point, I'll have to buy some additional plat for use in SL, but I would've bought the plat anyway. Who it's hardest on is kids or others without some disposable income that purchased it now for use in SL later. Now they have plat one place, but wanted to use it elsewhere. Those folks....I really am sorry things worked out this way, guys. :(

Griazity
08-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Im annoyed at this move. I bought platinum in pl with the intention of using it in blackstar. If this was your intention you should have told us before the beta was launched. I appreciate the free platinum so thank you for that but to suddenly do this feels unfair. I dont want to use the platinum I bought in pl for pl and feel I have now wasted my money.

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat, Tvis. I'm not going to stop playing PL, so that plat will come in handy there one way or another. At some point, I'll have to buy some additional plat for use in SL, but I would've bought the plat anyway. Who it's hardest on is kids or others without some disposable income that purchased it now for use in SL later. Now they have plat one place, but wanted to use it elsewhere. Those folks....I really am sorry things worked out this way, guys. :(

Also these kiddies right here who have a job but don't have enough to support both games in bulk. :o

CanonicalKoi
08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Yup, yup. That's who I meant by, "....others without some disposable income...". Sometimes the entertainment dollars get stretched a leeeetle tight. :(

Dartagnian
08-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I, too, am grateful for the plat bump in Sl but bought plat to split between pl and sl only because they said it'd be universal. No access to the beta, couldn't spend the plat there.

My opinion, don't promise something until you know you can deliver it.

Will i not play pl or sl? Nah, i like the games, so I'll play.

Doesn't mean i can't be a little perturbed for a bit.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-09-2011, 06:50 PM
So heres my problem platinum we have saved up in Pocket Legends we wont be able to use in StarLegends thts what i understood :p

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Just want to make sure, they did this to get it approved by Apple right? So this issue was probably the one keeping it the entire time?

I can see both sides, the good of why they did it and the bad. I'm affected too, I bought some plat in hopes of transfer.

Maybe they could do a one time copy of plat you have in PL to SL when it launches? After that, plat becomes game specific.

Kraze
08-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Ok I had started to get over plat I'll never spend in pl being stuck there but beta players are getting hundreds of spent plat returned to them...

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Lol, I'm just guessing. It was just my first impression. We know how Apple gets so stingy when it comes to IAPs and all, which is what made me guess.

I don't know if it is, hence me asking.

I've heard they take a 30% cut. :o
I'd rather just buy from the PL website now...

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I've heard they take a 30% cut. :o
I'd rather just buy from the PL website now...

See, I don't get why Apple wouldn't allow PL-SL plat either (assuming that this was the reason). PL and SL plat still have the same cost, so you buy plat in PL to use in SL, they still get the cut. The only reason I'd see them doing this is to prevent bulk-buying to save money, which in my opinion, is excessively greedy.

I've heard plat from website might even cause a problem.. Again just rumours from what I've read about app approvals.

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 08:02 PM
See, I don't get why Apple wouldn't allow PL-SL plat either (assuming that this was the reason). PL and SL plat still have the same cost, so you buy plat in PL to use in SL, they still get the cut. The only reason I'd see them doing this is to prevent bulk-buying to save money, which in my opinion, is excessively greedy.

I've heard plat from website might even cause a problem.. Again just rumours from what I've read about app approvals.

Ah...
Well, do you feel that this was an unintentional scam, or is it just me and my insecurity? :(

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Ah...
Well, do you feel that this was an unintentional scam, or is it just me and my insecurity? :(

I'm not sure what STS is going to do either.

Take for example my PL account, it has 150 plat in it. When I log in to SL when it's launched, do I get the 150 from PL + 30 free they give? Or do I just get the 30? If they give me the 150 + 30, then I perfectly understand and agree with the decision now. If they don't, well, it would cost me a bit more, but it wouldn't be fully put to waste. I'll still be playing PL anyway, and that plat would be put to use.

I feel like it was an unfortunate decision they had to make, not a scam at all. If they dropped plat prices and said "SL and PL plat is shared, so feel free to buy!", then made this decision, then yes I'd say its a scam. But nothing forced players to buy plat early in PL for SL. I mean, if it was truly going to be universal plat anyway, why the rush to buy the plat now instead of later when SL fully launches?

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 08:09 PM

Take for example my PL account, it has 150 plat in it. When I log in to SL when it's launched, do I get the 150 from PL + 30 free they give? Or do I just get the 30? If they give me the 150 + 30, then I perfectly understand and agree with the decision now. If they don't, well, it would cost me a bit more, but it wouldn't be fully put to waste. I'll still be playing PL anyway, and that plat would be put to use.

I feel like it was an unfortunate decision they had to make, not a scam at all. If they dropped plat prices and said "SL and PL plat is shared, so feel free to buy!", then made this decision, then yes I'd say its a scam. But nothing forced players to buy plat early in PL for SL. I mean, if it was truly going to be universal plat anyway, why the rush to buy the plat now instead of later when SL fully launches?

Good point, I never thought about that.

I suppose it's not a scam then. Thanks Elly! :o

Zaltiar
08-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Great,,i now have 40 plat in sl, and 600 in pl ...can we transfer plat please? I really just bought them to use in sl :\

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Kraze
08-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Ah...

I agree with the buyer beware stand point I do take issue with letting beta players spend plat and then refund all of that spent plat to them in pl while they get to keep the benefits of spent plat in sl

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Good point, I never thought about that.

I suppose it's not a scam then. Thanks Elly! :o

Thank you too! Couldn't have come up with it if it weren't for your arguments :)

My personal remedy:

For the players who had access to SL beta and PL at the same time, give them the option to redistribute the plat they bought in the duration from when SL beta launched until today. That way, the "universal" plat they bought still remains universal, but anything after today becomes game specific.

For those that didn't have access to SL beta and had PL only, I can't really blame the devs for not granting you a plat transfer. Like I said earlier, nothing was forcing you to buy plat in PL now to have it in SL later, especially since there was no plat sale of some sort.

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Thank you too! Couldn't have come up with it if it weren't for your arguments :)

Heehee, no probs. I love arguments. ;)

I agree with the buyer beware stand point I do take issue with letting beta players spend plat and then refund all of that spent plat to them in pl while they get to keep the benefits of spent plat in sl

Wait, lol?
I think I am going to spew again. They refunded the spent plat too? <---Makes no logical sense to me, but I suppose it's more practical than a vanity item with stats, after they illogically removed all other stats from vanities.

CanonicalKoi
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM

That doesn't really make sense though either, Elly. Since you can buy plat via the STS web store, Apple (as far as I know) doesn't get a cut of that, do they? Isn't it only purchases via the App store? So where would greed come into it? **puzzles**

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 08:26 PM
That doesn't really make sense though either, Elly. Since you can buy plat via the STS web store, Apple (as far as I know) doesn't get a cut of that, do they? Isn't it only purchases via the App store? So where would greed come into it? **puzzles**

I've read somewhere that Apple gets cuts of IAPs as well.

Zaltiar
08-09-2011, 08:26 PM

My personal remedy:

For the players who had access to SL beta and PL at the same time, give them the option to redistribute the plat they bought in the duration from when SL beta launched until today. That way, the "universal" plat they bought still remains universal, but anything after today becomes game specific.

For those that didn't have access to SL beta and had PL only, I can't really blame the devs for not granting you a plat transfer. Like I said earlier, nothing was forcing you to buy plat in PL now to have it in SL later, especially since there was no plat sale of some sort.

I agree with Ellyidol. If we could redistribute our plat we bought before the game was released, that would be great to hear.
Or just automatically splitting 50/50. Unless there is a price difference between pl and sl plat, i dont see why not.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 08:33 PM

Oh, was talking about the IAPs only :)

AFAIK, even the plat via STS web store is questionable. I read somewhere that what you can buy through IAPs should only be available through IAPs. I'm not sure, I don't develop anything or have to go through Apple's TOS, but that's what I read and understand.

And yeah, they don't get a cut from it. It's cheaper from the web store I think?

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh, was talking about the IAPs only :)

AFAIK, even the plat via STS web store is questionable. I read somewhere that what you can buy through IAPs should only be available through IAPs. I'm not sure, I don't develop anything or have to go through Apple's TOS, but that's what I read and understand.

And yeah, they don't get a cut from it. It's cheaper from the web store I think?

I think they're same price from webstore, webstore just offers the 2000 Plat Bundle.

Apple doesn't receives IAP Cuts?

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
I think they're same price from webstore, webstore just offers the 2000 Plat Bundle.

Apple doesn't receives IAP Cuts?

Oh. Just had the impression that web store was cheaper, must have been looking at $US prices while my IAPs are $AU.

I don't know really. I had the impression that Apple did receive cuts.

Justg
08-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Folks, our hands are tied here. We are doing the best we can. We appreciate your understanding and support.

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Folks, our hands are tied here. We are doing the best we can. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Thanks G, sorry for the little rant.
Could we just have some info if you contacted Apple before you guys announced the Universal Plat, to see if this was OK?
If it's "top secret info", don't mind me (Though I have no clue why it should be top secret). Just another rambling customer who buys stuff and has no idea how a business is run.

Ellyidol
08-09-2011, 08:47 PM

No worries, I can see how tight in a spot you are. Thanks for the update.

Elyseon
08-09-2011, 08:49 PM
I thought that plat was transferrable between PL and SL. Its kinda of going to be a pain buying for both. But thanks for the 30 free! :D

noobmigo
I thought that plat was transferrable between PL and SL

They just now changed it.
It's literally been the hot topic of the day, many people have gotten hot-headed. Including me.

EDIT:Ninja'd! -.-

Dartagnian
Might wanna go back through the posts real fast.

WishUWereHere
08-09-2011, 08:50 PM
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8189/1312942072107.jpg

=D

Cascade
08-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Lol ive pretty much been saying exactly what G just said all day lol i guess people dont listen to me anymore

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 08:51 PM
<-- doesn't intend to play SL

i'm not even mad

=D

We're different. We WANT to play SL. ;)

Dartagnian
08-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Lol ive pretty much been saying exactly what G just said all day lol i guess people dont listen to me anymore

Sorry, what'd you say? ;)

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Sorry, what'd you say? ;)

Lol, at this rate, we'll be engulfed by a flame war in the next 100 posts. ;) Not good.

Dartagnian
08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
I was just jokin, not trying to start anything, I promise. ;)

CanonicalKoi
08-09-2011, 08:55 PM
**grabs 5 buckets of water, 12 bags of ice, a fire extinguisher and my teddy bear (just in case!)**

Cascade
08-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Just kinda peeved...anyways...Rainbows, skittles, and unicorns!

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 08:58 PM
**grabs 5 buckets of water, 12 bags of ice, a fire extinguisher and my teddy bear (just in case!)**

*grabs more fire, some hay, dry grass, and the Mark IV Tank...of DOOM.*

On topic: All the points have been taken, reused...nothing to talk about anymore, for me. Until someone comes along and grabs my attention. :p

noobmigo
08-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Just kinda peeved...anyways...Rainbows, skittles, and universal plat!! Wait..oh yeah...it's gone now. Hahaha, SUCKAS!

Fixed. :p

Just trippin'

Otukura
08-09-2011, 09:00 PM
*grabs more fire, some hay, dry grass, and the Mark IV Tank...of DOOM.*

On topic: All the points have been taken, reused...nothing to talk about anymore, for me. Until someone comes along and grabs my attention. :p*grabs my flamewerfer*

IT WERFS FLAMEN.

Moogerfooger
08-09-2011, 09:03 PM
*grabs my flamewerfer*

IT WERFS FLAMEN.

Lol.

p.s. it's Flammenwerfer ;)

Otukura
08-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Lol.

p.s. it's Flammenwerfer ;)

Weird.. my phone has Flamewerfer in it's dictionary? Anyone else have that? I blame the AC.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Nooooo its called Flame Thrower

Moogerfooger
08-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Weird.. my phone has Flamewerfer in it's dictionary? Anyone else have that? I blame the AC.

Trust me....I was married to a German, and that's what her co-workers nicknamed her, haha.

Otukura
08-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Trust me....I was married to a German, and that's what her co-workers nicknamed her, haha.I know it's that, but I still don't get why it's auto correcting it. Did she mind that name?

Nooooo its called Flame Thrower

http://almostdumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/its-a-flammenwerfer-it-werfs-flammen.jpg

Justg
08-09-2011, 09:08 PM
We did the best we could. Please guys, keep the flames down. Rage-fests (and their propagators) will be removed.

If you really feel the need to, email us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

Dartagnian
08-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Nuts.

Moogerfooger
08-09-2011, 09:10 PM
I know it's that, but I still don't get why it's auto correcting it. Did she mind that name?

Only thing I can think of is that it is an English-ized funny version that keeps the word "flame" so everyone might be able to figure out what it means.

It was a joke nickname for when she would get mad at somebody....she had quite the biting wit when she was angry. As I found out a few times :p

Elyseon
08-09-2011, 09:18 PM
so many posts, I didnt read them all. So what is the exact reason for plat being no longer transferrable.

Cascade
08-09-2011, 09:22 PM
so many posts, I didnt read them all. So what is the exact reason for plat being no longer transferrable.

The devs had to make plat non transferable otherwise apple wouldnt approve Star Legends...

Dartagnian
08-09-2011, 09:23 PM
I think, from what was said thus far, Apple had an issue with a shared economy that also incorporated external revenue between Pocket Legends and Star Legends.

Spacetime is compensating folks with 30p if they bought plat in PL after 3/1/11 as consolation.

Ah, I think that's the problem, correct me if I'm wrong.

CanonicalKoi
08-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Only thing I can think of is that it is an English-ized funny version that keeps the word "flame" so everyone might be able to figure out what it means.

It was a joke nickname for when she would get mad at somebody....she had quite the biting wit when she was angry. As I found out a few times :p

Kinda like the old signs around mainframes: "Watchen das blinkenlights and keepen der mittens offen."

WhoIsThis
08-09-2011, 09:26 PM
What will happen to our platinum? Will we get a change then to transfer the bulk of platinum to one game?

Dartagnian
08-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Just kinda peeved...anyways...Rainbows, skittles, and unicorns!

Ok, there's something wrong with my brain. I've been sitting here since you said this and all I can think of is Rainbows obscured by dead unicorns that have choked to death on Skittles.

I'm making an appointment with a therapist. But I had to share it.

Elyseon
08-09-2011, 09:32 PM
The devs had to make plat non transferable otherwise apple wouldnt approve Star Legends...
Does that mean we have to wait another month...?

Nightarcher
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't plan to play SL extensively, and although we're all super grateful for the 30 plat, I can understand that lots of people will be really mad at the lack of universal plat. Luckily, I plan to spend most of my 6-700 plat in PL come the new level cap.

I understand the huge problems which arrise when making a game, so all I'll say is I sure hope the problem has something to do with Apple or other technical issues as opposed to a financial decision. :)

Echelong
08-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh this sucks I purchased 800 plat when the announcement that plat would be interchangeable from both games :( nowi have about 600plat just sitting there.

Cascade
08-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Does that mean we have to wait another month...?

Nope it means that SL should be out very soon

Dartagnian
08-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Oh this sucks I purchased 800 plat when the announcement that plat would be interchangeable from both games :( nowi have about 600plat just sitting there.

Well, Nuri's Hollow will be out soon, so it's not a complete bust.

See? I got the juicer out.

MoarPewPew
08-09-2011, 10:06 PM
This is rather upsetting news to hear that Plat is game specific. I only have an apple device and the devs told us that plat would be used between accounts. For players like myself that bought Plat before the beta release with intention of useing some towards blackstar I now feel forced to spend more to fully enjoy B* premium content. I even bought a name reserve in Pocket Legends for B* and I have yet to make an account.

I do understand from a marketing standpoint that keeping separate from each game makes players buy more plat.

Justg
08-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I do understand from a marketing standpoint that keeping separate from each game makes players buy more plat.

This is absolutely not a marketing decision. We would very much have liked to have universal currency in our games.

MoarPewPew
08-09-2011, 10:25 PM
This is absolutely not a marketing decision. We would very much have liked to have universal currency in our games.

I do not mean any disrespect at all in thinking this was a marketing decision. I know the STS team does its best to keep players content with there purchases. But without a reason for the separate plat between games thats the only conclusion that i can jump too.

Example : I have 150 plat or so on my PL account. I intended to use half of it on B*. Now I have to buy another 75 plat to get the premium content. So instead of just using my 150 i actually would be buying 225. (Just an example)

Thats my way of thinking.

Siejo
08-09-2011, 10:27 PM
We did the best we could. Please guys, keep the flames down. Rage-fests (and their propagators) will be removed.

If you really feel the need to, email us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

Thanks for trying. I know you did your best. Apple is very strict with their app policies. I love their gadgets but they frustrate me sometimes with their rules. What sets STS apart from other devs is they try to work out things that are in the best interest of the community. Had you been Zynga you wouldn't have given it much thought and just said forget the the players lets do whats best for the company. MAKE A NOTE DEVS IF ZYNGA COMES KNOCKING PUNCH EM WHERE IT COUNTS!!!! :encouragement:

Cascade
08-09-2011, 10:37 PM

I do not mean any disrespect at all in thinking this was a marketing decision. I know the STS team does its best to keep players content with there purchases. But without a reason for the separate plat between games thats the only conclusion that i can jump too.

Example : I have 150 plat or so on my PL account. I intended to use half of it on B*. Now I have to buy another 75 plat to get the premium content. So instead of just using my 150 i actually would be buying 225. (Just an example)

Thats my way of thinking.

STS did it because apple wouldnt approve Star Legends unless they took away Universal Currency...

Vanced
08-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Let me start off by saying IF this was a concession to apple for SL approval I understand....

IF NOT... add me to the list of those who purchased a significant amount of plat and is not happy with this change...

I do appreciate STSs efforts to make amends for the change but still looking for a good answer to the why question? I hope in time it will come out or STS will once again give us what we ask for and reverse this course...

CrimsonTider
08-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Let me start off by saying IF this was a concession to apple for SL approval I understand....

IF NOT... add me to the list of those who purchased a significant amount of plat and is not happy with this change...

I do appreciate STSs efforts to make amends for the change but still looking for a good answer to the why question? I hope in time it will come out or STS will once again give us what we ask for and reverse this course...

First of all, you have posted this exact post in more than one threads. Please use discretion when double posting.

Second, the answer as to WHY this is happeming has been explained numerous times in numerous threads. For whatever reason, APPLE will not allow STS to implement the universal option. Therefore, if we all want SL to be released, we have to live with this decision. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! :)

Dartagnian
08-10-2011, 07:09 AM
When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! :)

....or choke a Unicorn with all the lemons while listening to Wildest Dreams by Moody Blues.

Either option is viable and beneficial as we all know Unicorns are greenhouse gas producers, what with their main means of propulsion being flatulance....but I digress...

Vanced
08-10-2011, 07:18 AM
First of all, you have posted this exact post in more than one threads. Please use discretion when double posting.

So did Sam... ;)

Unique situation where it effects both games and my post is imho equally relevant to both games... maybe dev team should add an Global Community tab to forum for issues such as this...

MoarPewPew
08-10-2011, 07:09 PM
STS did it because apple wouldnt approve Star Legends unless they took away Universal Currency...

Alright, I missed this being posted. Sorry for my previous statements.

CanonicalKoi
08-10-2011, 07:16 PM
When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! :)

Personally, I prefer to chuck 'em at people until I start to feel better. :D

Looking at some of Apple's Developer guidelines, I think (reiterate: *THINK*) this might be the sticking point - "You must deliver a digital good or service within your application." (underlining added) Since PL and SL are two separate apps, that would be a problem. And before anybody might leap upon the Devs with loud cries of, "You shoulda....!", guidelines change. They do so without prior notice. A good example is how the guidelines were previously even stricter than they now are and a whole lot of apps got turned away. Once they were relaxed a tad, those developers were asked to resubmit. So, you design an app in, say, January of last year using one set of guidelines and don't get it done until now, you may be submitting under a different set of guidelines than you designed for.

Aaron623
08-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Apple has to ruin everything

kamikazees
08-11-2011, 10:49 AM
It frustrating that the devs can just take back what they said, but I can't take back the 90$ i spent on...well the wrong game apparently....

they should allow the credits and only the credits that were purchased after the universal currency was announced to be transferred over to SL. That way, people like myself that purchased platinum for the sole reason of spending it on SL will not feel robbed.

This is absolutely correct. Spacetime is a great company that makes even greater games, but the rule everywhere is that someone who relies on a promise should be made whole. For some, 30 plat goes far enough, or even further. I am still out about 20 plat even with the bonus, but there are people who are out much, much more ($90.00 = 2000 plat).

Saying " be thankful" or "don't play the game" does not address the issue. We are all thankful for Spacetime's gesture, I hope. They obviously gave it some thought. But if you buy a Big Mac from McDonalds and are given KFC, don't you kindly bring it to their attention and ask for the Big Mac?

Justg
08-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey guys, we obviously wanted universal platinum and tried very hard to make it work. Unfortunately it was not to be. If you still feel the need to talk about it please email us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

razerfingers
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Not to be mean or anything is it like with gcd ohh you tried 1-50 without it ohh it didnt work so you made it when getting to 55 well you tried universal plat didnt work so now its all individual end of story....

Cascade
08-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Hey guys, we obviously wanted universal platinum and tried very hard to make it work. Unfortunately it was not to be. If you still feel the need to talk about it please email us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

Yeah, thanks for doing the best you could :) There will always be haters lol...Anyways you guys get an E for effort on my chart xD

Dartagnian
08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Not to be mean or anything is it like with gcd ohh you tried 1-50 without it ohh it didnt work so you made it when getting to 55 well you tried universal plat didnt work so now its all individual end of story....

Nope, this was an Apple thing. GCD was game balance on ST's part (for better or worse. I got use to GCD, so...)

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
We're closing this thread and continuing the discussion in a new post with additional details. Please click here to continue the discussion. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?33407)