PDA

View Full Version : Stop, Read and LISTEN.

Reaper
04-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Ok guys, a lot of you on these forums are really starting to annoy me. If you want to know if you have to pay past level 13, go and look for a previous topic instead of being lazy and making your own new one, the developers and us could do without that.
I have heard people moaning about how it does not have PvP and it needs a Trade system and it needs to be more like next gen MMO's etc... Give it a rest. It takes years of practice to learn C++ and if you couldn't make it, don't complain, they are working hard to get things sorted... The guys have done a great job here, the models are nicely made and so is the terrain. On a 3.5 Inch screen, I find this to be truly amazing and the work put into this is unbelievable. Comparing this game to WoW is very unfair and is unnecessary. Reason being that Blizzard have many players (More than 10 Million) Which means they are paying billions a year to keep thier servers running, these guys are working there lives away to give you the best quality you will get on a small device. WoW is made of a team of about 100+ people, while this game is made of a few awesome developers, great 3D artists and game designers. So, comparing it to an MMO that is on a large screen and about 8 gigabyte (the size of most of your iPhones + iPods), when the game itself is less than 500mb is hardly fair :/

Thanks,
Reaper - Sorry for moaning. :)

Hooblaim
04-13-2010, 10:42 AM
What makes me mad is people posting bugs and issue sin the General Discussion area!

Reaper
04-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah :/ - Much agreed.

EddyBumba
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Agreed with you both.
Just so Reaper doesn't shout at me in the future :D - anytime I mention WoW is as a massive shout to the quality work the devs have done and how easy it is to see where the game could go. Got to admit, anyone who's played both can easily say "No way! They've done it, it's pocket wow!"
and I mean it in the best way cause it's a massive achievement (k)

Reaper
04-13-2010, 10:50 AM
;) - Yeah. They have done great.

Dizko
04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Yea some people have turned the suggestions forum into a demand forum.

YES the game will need trading to survive in the long run, and YES there's more work to be done. But the game as it stands now is still an awesome achievement.

Reaper
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
I know, that is annoying >.>

EddyBumba
04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
It's a 1.0 release, it's been out, what, less than a week and we've had three(?) live updates implimenting people's wants, a dedicated forum and a massive increase in global players and we still get people saying they should play it all for free cause they don't want to pay pocket change?!?

No time for kids like that and you won't be welcome in my games.

Reaper
04-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah, these guys pay a LOT of money for thier servers, all they ask is a measly $1.99/£1.19 for 6 levels+ and lots of new loot :/

Skagdaddy
04-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Ok guys, a lot of you on these forums are really starting to annoy me. If you want to know if you have to pay past level 13, go and look for a previous topic instead of being lazy and making your own new one, the developers and us could do without that.
I have heard people moaning about how it does not have PvP and it needs a Trade system and it needs to be more like next gen MMO's etc... Give it a rest. It takes years of practice to learn C++ and if you couldn't make it, don't complain, they are working hard to get things sorted... The guys have done a great job here, the models are nicely made and so is the terrain. On a 3.5 Inch screen, I find this to be truly amazing and the work put into this is unbelievable. Comparing this game to WoW is very unfair and is unnecessary. Reason being that Blizzard have many players (More than 10 Million) Which means they are paying billions a year to keep thier servers running, these guys are working there lives away to give you the best quality you will get on a small device. WoW is made of a team of about 100+ people, while this game is made of a few awesome developers, great 3D artists and game designers. So, comparing it to an MMO that is on a large screen and about 8 gigabyte (the size of most of your iPhones + iPods), when the game itself is less than 500mb is hardly fair :/

Thanks,
Reaper - Sorry for moaning. :)

Well said Reaper.
I have a saying...
If you can do it better shut the f&@# up and do it.
If you can't do it better just shut the f&@# up.
This game is fantastic!

Reaper
04-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Agreed with your saying :)

_ck
04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Also, if you've checked out the credits for the game you'll see that Spacetime Studios is made up of NINE people. This isn't EA, they don't have kids in sweatshops in Asia programming this game.. and everything I've seen so far from them is dedication to making this game even better, and they are clearly listening to us (more chat lines was certainly not urgent or a bug). For all the stuff we want them to improve and implement, I'm sure they will with enough time to make it work, and if it is possible on a mobile platform (the game has to work on this platform after all).

Reaper
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Lol, Little kids in asia. xD

NEGRISSIMO
04-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Agreed, I love this game so much I sent my iPhone to jail again for the expansions and I hope they continue doing a good job up to lvl 100! Also, I would never compare this game to WoW... I'm very happy it reminds me of Phantasy Star Online. =P

Jetshrike
04-14-2010, 03:02 AM
I agree, although I don't think theres anything wrong with suggesting what we want in the future, but similarily people do keep posting the same suggestions again, having not read the original thread. I suggest that they create a sticky list with all the improvements that have been suggested. In the mean time I think we should just be patient :)

Zeya
04-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the internet.

KronicDecay
04-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the inte
rnet.

ok that's funny

Zeya
04-14-2010, 01:07 PM
ok that's funny

Thanks. But just to elaborate, making threads telling people to act nice and pipe down doesn't work. I can appreciate the sentiment, but really it just adds to the noise. And I realize the irony of stating this too! But we're on forums here, and you can't expect it to stay clean. You can expect several posts a day asking 'why can't I level past X'. It's a free to play game, and there will be a lot of that type of spam and such. Guild Wars was like that too; it just attracts a certain demographic.

Some constructive suggestions:
- Make a sticky thread up top titled "README: Why can't I level past 13?"
- Moderators that wield thread banishment with extreme prejudice (drama)

Jetshrike
04-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I maintain a sticky with a list of things already suggested would help reduce repeat suggestions as the original threads may not be in view or it may have been mentioned in a thread. I know I did this once by accident >.>

welcome to the internet.
That doesn't stop us optimists :)

Justg
04-14-2010, 02:59 PM
I'll make a sticky about Level 13.

I am also an optimist :)

*click*