PDA

View Full Version : Healing/Buffing/Rezzing Range.

apoceq
08-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the range on heals buffs and rez...seem a bit short in SL...I mean its so annoying trying tro keep people alive fighting mobs that push or throw you. Or when you are fighting miner and you spend the whole fight not only kiting the miner (due to way out of hand heal aggro, "thats another story") but having to run around and recast heal on the people it didnt hit. Am I complaining about nothing or do you all see this as an issue as well.

xero
08-09-2011, 02:46 PM
As my main is an engineer, I agree. Its tiresome when you have to recast your heals/buff/res on the party members it missed (I mean come on, you're in the future, you SHOULD be able to do all these things from a lot farther away than you can in pl).

Then you get the dozens of heal/buff/res spams from people... its irksome i tell you.

Maybe for the full launch, they can increase the range (even if it is only by a couple meters...)

apoceq
08-09-2011, 02:49 PM
I'de pay plat for my heals and buffs to be able to reach further :)

That'll get their attention! :P

bronislav84
08-09-2011, 05:30 PM
I was at miner today and couldn't res octavos' character Ghost while standing almost right on top of her. I mean come on.

apoceq
08-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Come on guys, if we want the devs to maybe extend the range of this, please post here. Thank you and see you in game.

Thade
08-10-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm reviewing the range on these abilities. Thanks for the report.

themars
08-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Come on guys, if we want the devs to maybe extend the range of this, please post here. Thank you and see you in game.

I want it apoc! ;)

apoceq
08-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Thank you thank you thank you Thade!

Cahaun
08-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Its always Thade to save the day! Thankyou Thade!

Thade
08-11-2011, 03:28 PM
We played with this a lot when testing Numa Prime and feel the radius is ok.

bronislav84
08-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Are you serious? PLEASE reconsider this. Many, many times have I stood literally on top of people and Res didn't work. Same with Empathy and Protection. It might not be a range issue but something else causing it to not affect people, then. I saw the graphic on Ghost but then I'm asked for a res and I'm like oh but I was on top of you and casted it, now it's on cooldown.

Also Transference needs to be a point blank AOE instead of a targeted AOE, because it gets wasted too easily if the enemy it gets put on dies and the others stop being damaged.

Angelo Torres
08-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I think maybe you played pocket legends Thade Star legends range is horrible seriously
I am kidding with you btw but really the range is bad man a guy 1 mm in front of me the tank running doesn't get my heal and the people behind me do?

xBearSpiritx
08-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I concur... the customer is always right! ;)

Angelo Torres
08-13-2011, 08:24 AM
I concur... the customer is always right! ;)

+1 For real..... this is unbelievable that they think any differently

KhaosAngel
08-13-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm not stalking you Angelo- just coincidence, maybe the ping and lag is the prob- you may think you are close enough but really aren't- have you noticed a "missed" after cast?

Angelo Torres
08-14-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm not stalking you Angelo- just coincidence, maybe the ping and lag is the prob- you may think you are close enough but really aren't- have you noticed a "missed" after cast?

:P lol its ok Khaos But I have never had this issue in Pocket Legends lol and I am a one man owning machine there I heal everyone and still run through my maps like butter on a 90 degree slope and that's with the same PING numbers i've been getting in PL and in SL my mage has like 59 defence at level 33 highest ive ever seen at my level lol and i am pure INT!//// back on topic tho I think heal range should be 12M for the love of god what does it have a 4m range?

judgementbow
08-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Yea I'm missing a good amount of heals and revives. The range seems rather short.

Uzikrabd
08-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Ok i dont have sl but the problem im thinking is a bug for people in front and under being unaffected by your buff so i think thats what the problem is

Ephemeris
08-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree - I'll see someone die, be within what I perceive to be an acceptable range (pretty darn close), push revive, and then see, "Rev please" two seconds later. This leaves me literally standing on them and waiting for my revive CD to expire (which makes me look like I'm not doing my job in a timely manner). It doesn't feel right to me, but I'll learn to adapt.