Lvl4 gravity well

Horsethe
08-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Are there any skill builds other than

Lvl6 increase mass
Lvl3 singularity
Lvl3 neuron stomp
Lvl4 gravity well

I'm sure there are plenty alternate builds out there. That's just my personal choice at this point. Maybe some other Commando users will post their builds eventually, but at the moment it's all about experimenting, especially since the game is in beta stage.

KhaosAngel
08-10-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm still debating if singularity needs more than 1 point- does it get stronger with more points?- I'm having a hard time noticing a difference- as far as the other skills- Hammer and graviton slam have 2 points in each- you need these for the squid head aliens that heal themselves, otherwise they will fight forever and not die- however if you are in a good party and everyone targets the same self healing squid head, you can take them down

Doubletime
08-10-2011, 10:14 AM
I think there are a ton of alternate builds to be explored. It really just comes down to how you want to play, what your idea is of your role in a party, and what you are willing to sacrifice to get there. I played with the skill builds a little (at least until the plat switch) and came up with something that works for me.

To preface this I will say that I don't mind using health pots. So I sacrifice some defense for offense and aggro management. The build does require the use of health pots if the engineer in the party isn't spamming heal and sometimes even then. However, I can do a ton of damage quick and usually maintain aggro on bosses to let the operatives kill without taking a ton of damage.

First, there are three skills that Taunt enemy mobs. Graviton Slam, Gravity Well, and Force Hammer. I think those are important for any tank, especially Graviton Slam and Gravity Well because they are aoe skills.

Crowd control is the ability to aggro groups and damage those groups so the engineers and operatives can pick off the individual mobs quickly.

So when approaching a group of mobs I will usually activate Nebula since it is an aoe damage spell. Then I will use gravity well to pull the group into the aura. So the mobs have just been hit with two damaging spells and are in close proximity to me. Stomp comes next because it will damage and knock down the mobs within the aura still allowing damage to continue while the mobs stand back up.

I will then step away from the group and turn to use Graviton Slam as a finishing type move. Usually the group is solely focused on me and I have aggro for the party to finish off any survivors.

Singularity gets used to pin a mob to the wall or as something to buy time if the group of mobs is really to big or too tough to take out in one skill round. The aoe effect warrants a couple extra points for me because I want to kill groups of mobs and protect the rest of the party until we get to the boss.

So my current build is --
Force Hammer - 1 (used to aggro bosses and tough individual mobs)
Stomp - 4 (aoe damage and knock down to give rest of party time to kill individuals)
Vigor - 0 (I use health pots)
Singularity - 3 (just for extra aoe when needed)
Graviton Slam - 6 (big aoe damage for the finishing move)
Increase Mass - 1 (like I said I sacrifice defense for damage)
Gravity Well - 3 (aoe damage and groups mobs in clumps at wall)
Nebula - 1 (aoe that boosts damage when the mobs are surrounding me)

Probably not for everyone and this is a work in progress, but it is really effective in dealing with the mob groups to get every one else to the boss. And it is not health pot friendly. :)

Acyer
08-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Also one thing to remember engineers can't spam heals they will get heal aggro and you will never get aggro back when that happens . My main skills are force hammer neutron stomp gravity slam and gravity well. Then ofc singularity all those in the right rotation and timing holds aggro.

Derajdefyre
08-11-2011, 10:18 AM
I really strongly recommend two (and no more than two) points in kinetic reservoir if you don't want to spam stims. Two points gets you a short charge of 5M/s and if you time it right a damage boost at the end. If you use it on every cooldown you will never face an empty blue bar and if you get good at the timing you will start every encounter with a huge damage boost. Only put two points because additional points only grant a small amount more M/s.

Also, if you are grouped with an Engineer I find no need to use increase mass. If you aren't grouped with an Engineer you're doing it wrong.

Register
08-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Oooh thankx deraj! Time to take a trip to the wonderful thread made by horsethe!!!!!!!!!

Horsethe
08-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I really strongly recommend two (and no more than two) points in kinetic reservoir if you don't want to spam stims. Two points gets you a short charge of 5M/s and if you time it right a damage boost at the end. If you use it on every cooldown you will never face an empty blue bar and if you get good at the timing you will start every encounter with a huge damage boost. Only put two points because additional points only grant a small amount more M/s.

I've experimented with this and have to say that I agree. It is very handy, esp with no energy regen gear atm.

Oooh thankx deraj! Time to take a trip to the wonderful thread made by horsethe!!!!!!!!!

Hehe thanks Register. It still needs an update to cater for the full release.