PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with being undercut. How rude, JaytB! (Joke).

Ellyidol
08-10-2011, 07:21 AM
After weeks of very casual farming, I finally got a pink! A 55 RR Recurve.

I went to CS, checked the current price, and listed my bow for sale.

BUT! After an hour or so, I checked, and this is what happened! (Not true, joke is below picture).

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/9d5ae834.jpg

This is a joke. He didn't do that. I find it awkward undercutting good friends, so I thought, hey why don't I make it seem like he undercut me! So I listed one gold above his price :D

Which also got me thinking, pretty funny way to deal with an undercutter. List for one gold above his, and maybe some virtuous buyer will get yours instead :p

Peace bro ;)

PS. This is a joke. I listed my bow 1 gold more than Ikungfu's to make it look funny. Don't bash on him :p

Survivorfan
08-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Did it sell? Lol

Ellyidol
08-10-2011, 07:36 AM
I took it off, just wanted to take this pic :)

JaytB
08-10-2011, 07:40 AM
You're misrepresenting the truth... It's you who undercut me with 1 gold :p

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/a0421a4b.jpg

Let's see if that strategy of 'overcutting' works lol.

To be honest, you got me there for a moment. I was like O.o I never undercut with 1 gold. Except when it's dopeydaddy, he does that with me too (no offense, if you read this dopey). It also happened in the past that I undercut friends, because I rarely read who's selling when I'm filling up my auction slots. I always took it down when they asked me.

But, as said, nice one :D

Ellyidol
08-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Hahahaha! YOU GOT ME TOO QUICK!

I literally just took it down! Dang it. :p

We have a new undercutter, not 1 gold though, 100k! Lol.

JaytB
08-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Hahahaha! YOU GOT ME TOO QUICK!

I literally just took it down! Dang it. :p

We have a new undercutter, not 1 gold though, 100k! Lol.

I think that was me too, I accidentally put it up for 100k less when I tried to 'overcut' you LMAO :)

Luckily nobody snagged it away in that time :D

Edit: nope you were right. I guess that guy put it there after I misplaced mine lol. I bought it :p this brings up an interesting point btw. I actually used that before to get an item cheaper. How? If you see some overactive undercutter, who keeps undercutting you, I sometimes keep undercutting until I like the price, and then buy it. I consider this on of the points in my 'dark arts of merchanting' handbook LOL

Ellyidol
08-10-2011, 07:45 AM
I think that was me too, I accidentally put it up for 100k less when I tried to 'overcut' you LMAO :)

Luckily nobody snagged it away in that time :D

Nope! There's really someone else selling for 100k less. D:

JaytB
08-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Nope! There's really someone else selling for 100k less. D:

Read my edit lol

CanonicalKoi
08-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Sheesh, Elly! Accusations of under-cutting were bad enough, but now you've introduced over-cutting. Lol

Ellyidol
08-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Read my edit lol

Manipulative! But I like it.. Mwahaha.

Ka-ching!

Riccits
08-10-2011, 07:53 AM
funny is undercuting always the other for 1gold until he gets frustrated and buy ur item. he sells again for a high price and i insert a second item undercutting him again :tyrannosaurus:

Ellyidol
08-10-2011, 07:55 AM
funny is undercuting always the other for 1gold until he gets frustrated and buy ur item. he sells again for a high price and i insert a second item undercutting him again :tyrannosaurus:

Hahahahaha! The joys of CS ;)

JaytB
08-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Manipulative! But I like it.. Mwahaha.

Ka-ching!

I discovered it when I got irritated of somebody who kept undercutting me for an expensive item like 10 times in 30minutes or so. I bought it, and sold both for higher.

It's not something I usually do really. I prefer the honest straight-forward buy/sells. It's only something I'd do with someone who keeps undercutting me... And there's the chance that they buy it before you do :)

Ellyidol
08-10-2011, 07:58 AM
I discovered it when I got irritated of somebody who kept undercutting me for an expensive item like 10 times in 30minutes or so. I bought it, and sold both for higher.

It's not something I usually do really. I prefer the honest straight-forward buy/sells. It's only something I'd do with someone who keeps undercutting me... And there's the chance that they buy it before you do :)

Nah, to be honest, as long as you're using the CS, use whatever tactic you want, IMO :)

It's just when dealing with friends that I feel awkward with. You know, friends and money never go together :p

JaytB
08-10-2011, 08:00 AM

Ow yes, that one. I guess I'm guilty of doing that occasionally too :D

Ebalere
08-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Lmao i totally guessed jay would do that back lol

Sorcererssoul
08-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Haha remember our enchanted undercutting duel ^^

Zerious
08-10-2011, 09:12 AM
... You've revealed Evolt's third secret...

Lucilulu
08-11-2011, 08:52 AM
You're misrepresenting the truth... It's you who undercut me with 1 gold :p

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/a0421a4b.jpg

Let's see if that strategy of 'overcutting' works lol.

To be honest, you got me there for a moment. I was like O.o I never undercut with 1 gold. Except when it's dopeydaddy, he does that with me too (no offense, if you read this dopey). It also happened in the past that I undercut friends, because I rarely read who's selling when I'm filling up my auction slots. I always took it down when they asked me.

But, as said, nice one :D

no offense taken. To be honest I never even look at who I'm listing under. I do receive some rather insulting PMs at times tho. They can be very amusing. Most of the time I have no idea what there talking about. They usually start off with the usual insults your a noob, idiot blankidy blank. I ask what the heck you talking about (think they may know me for real for second) Then I finally here "you stupid noob you undercut my keepers staff by 1" Take no offense I have no idea who has listed what I never pay attention ;)

Dopeydaddy

xXDamonDXx
08-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Good idea listing an item 1 gold above current cs price. I have bought many items myself that have been 1 gold more expensive.

Sent from my Tardis Type-40 using Tapatalk

JaytB
08-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Take no offense I have no idea who has listed what I never pay attention ;)

Dopeydaddy

Absolutely non taken ;)

CrimsonTider
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
I personally find this very disturbing. I will be keeping an eye on you two ninjas!! *shifty eyes*

LOL

JaytB
08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
I personally find this very disturbing. I will be keeping an eye on you two ninjas!! *shifty eyes*

LOL

Instead of keeping eyes out, you should be leveling your bird to 50 :p

CrimsonTider
08-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Ugggh!!! I got to 47 last night and Kraze distracted me!! All his fault (that and I played a 30 min Rockwall Forts game). Still Krazes fault though!! Hehe

joopiduh
08-12-2011, 01:05 AM
..... is it just me, or do you all have too much gold on your hands? I mean, like, posting that amount in CS only to take it down again takes up a fair bit of gold, no? :D

I would actually buy the one with the higher price... I mean, after all, 1 gold... pfft... that doesn't make a lot of difference, does it? And yet people still undercut... but this overcutting thing... now that could be interesting :)

Riccits
08-12-2011, 01:18 AM
if the difference is like a few k i buy fom the guy i like more or i know hes the poorer one. i never buy from traders :P

Duped
08-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Ricci, YOU are a trader, no?! I dont get all the gold fever, but I also don't understand all the poor players either. Making gold here isn't rocket science.

KingFu
08-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Lol@ Blamocinco

Singleteddy
08-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I would actually buy the one with the higher price... I mean, after all, 1 gold... pfft... that doesn't make a lot of difference, does it? And yet people still undercut... but this overcutting thing... now that could be interesting :) The reality is that "overcutting" does, in fact, occur. I used to list items at prices of …999, and would get overcut by one now and then.