PDA

View Full Version : Violentsaint's lvl 35 battlemage / paladin build (from lvl 35-40)

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Hey guys im back with my pally guide to lvl 40

if you would like to view my lvl 30-35 build click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1597-VIOLENTSAINT-S-LVL-35-BATTLEMAGE-PALADIN-BUILD-(FROM-LVL-30-35)-cool)- over 1000 views!

New lvl 45 build out now! click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?6945-Violentsaint-s-battlemage-paladin-build-(from-lvl-40-45)&p=69427#post69427)

lets get on with the show!

BASE ATTRIBUTES

127 str (to wear thoth gear)
67 dex (for dodge and hit)
11 int (for 1m/s)

SKILLS

Heal 5
Lightning 5
Rez 1
Fire Storm 5
Ice Storm 1 (at lvl one it only freezes for 2 seconds, but sometimes thats all you need) =D
Life Drain 5
Nightmere 5
Mana Shield 5
Blessing of Vitality 5
Blessing of Might 2 (will lvl to 5 in oasis part 2)

GEAR

HELM - Mynas helm of thoth - lvl 40 - 123 str
7 int, 2% crit, 5M/s, 9 armor

WEAPON - D'jinn spear of thoth - lvl 40 - 126 str (break armor proc)
72-98 damage, 1.4 speed, 7 int, 2% crit, 5M/s

ARMOR - Mynas plate of thoth - lvl 40 - 127 str
7 int, 2% crit, 5 M/s, 58 Armor

SHEILD - Pharaohs sheild of thoth - lvl 40 - 127 str
7 int, 2% crit, 5M/s, 21 armor

STATS UNBUFFED ARE
str 127, dex 67, int 39, hit 116%, crit 21, dodge 3, health 264, health regen 3, mana 320, mana regen 21, damage 94-120, dps 76, armor 99

BUFFED!!!
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/lvl40.jpg

I hope this helps everyone that is thinking of becoming a paladin, i have been a paladin since the game was first released in april and i have always hated being poor due to the amount of money id have to spend on mana pots, the new thoth gear is a godsent and i dont even have to buy mana pots anymore, im enjoying goldfarming for the first time, also this build actually works wonders in pvp also if the have all the gear.

i hope you have enjoyed my guide and hope to see you in game soon =D

Dizko
06-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Any difference between your Mynas Shield of Thoth and my Pharaohs Shield of Thoth?

Mine is : 7 int, 2% Crit, 5m/s, 21 armour.

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Any difference between your Mynas Shield of Thoth and my Pharaohs Shield of Thoth?

Mine is : 7 int, 2% Crit, 5m/s, 21 armour.

my bad i got the name wrong, i was talking about the pharaoh sheild

Ive updated post with proper name for gear, stats for gear, stats with gear on buffed and unbuffed

enjoy =D

Dizko
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Awesome, looking goooood.

Oh I have a question.

Any downside to all the mana regen? As in, is your health suffering? Dieing quickly? Etc.

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Awesome, looking goooood.

Oh I have a question.

Any downside to all the mana regen? As in, is your health suffering? Dieing quickly? Etc.

not really, mana sheild is awesome with 21M/s =D

plus you always have enough mana to heal, it regens while heal cooldowns and ur ready to heal again =D

tjornan
06-14-2010, 08:37 PM
omfg! this helped me soooooo much! i just respeced to paladin! i was wondering.... wat r the benefits of having strength maxed?

Elfche
06-14-2010, 08:39 PM
yeah. thoth gear is overpowered, while mages with cloth have to deal with like 10-15 m/s, while having less armor etc etc... as always, my hat goes off for the devs and their balanced game /end sarcasm

Inching
06-14-2010, 09:28 PM
2 tiny details I don't agree with my brother on.... And yes who says a yellow skin and a white skin can't be bros?!!

U need 71 in DEX and zero in INT and the rest in STR. This is because u are spec'ing to current play meaning u need to spec vers the best gear avail currently. I k ow I put points in INT so u have 1 M/s but this does u no good currently as u will only still have a total of 21 M/s. Ur better off with higher crit and hit. Until u can justify with better gear with lower M/s then it's a waste of points. At ur current build if we go hit for hit, I would hv a higher chance to kill because I hv higher crit and hit % while we both have the same M/s. In a nut shell I would not plan ahead and spec for current play.

I personally put 5/5 in ice storm because it's true u might only need 2 secs with a combo it's uses is also for farming. When u r running from boss to boss farming, u would freez the mob u r running past and at 2 seconds I think it's too short.

For all who are reading this, it's my opinion only and I still love Violent and he's my bro. So if u diss him u diss me also. Hee hee

Elfche
06-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I think its up to personal preference. The thing is, you will eventually replace the gear and having that 11int is good.

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 10:52 PM
I think its up to personal preference. The thing is, you will eventually replace the gear and having that 11int is good.

elfche has got a good point, if theirs epic alien gear out in next campaign i might even sacrifice the +20M/s that thoth gear gives to wear badass alien gear.

its cool... i can go back to pot spamming, i dont even need money cos everyone in guild just helps me get gear i need, i dont even hav to buy anything, its sweet

that 11 int will come in handy one day

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 11:01 PM
omfg! this helped me soooooo much! i just respeced to paladin! i was wondering.... wat r the benefits of having strength maxed?

im glad my guide helped, i only had str that high cos u need it high to wear thoth gear.

i guess the added bonus is more health and base damage

tjornan
06-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Can u take points outta int?

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Can u take points outta int?

see if your int is 11 you get 1M/s, and since enchantresses start off with 7 int, you only have to put 4 points in it.

each piece of thoth gear gives +7 int so if you have full thoth your int will be easily over 11 and you will get the the 1M/s, even if you dont put any points in int

plus full thoth gives you 20M/s

so as long as your wearing the thoth gear you will have 21M/s wether your int was 11 or not before equiping the gear because of the int boost the gear provides, but if you ever stop wearing the gear people with 7 int will have zero mana regen, and people with 11 int will have 1M/s

i know its really confusing but i hope i explained it well enough for you to understand :)

Theremin
06-15-2010, 02:59 AM
yeah. thoth gear is overpowered, while mages with cloth have to deal with like 10-15 m/s, while having less armor etc etc... as always, my hat goes off for the devs and their balanced game /end sarcasm

I agree. Endgame, at 35 I had 41 DPS as a caster enchantress. Endgame at 40 I have only gained 4 DPS as a caster mage. I hardly consider that balanced. I have other complaints as well as to the slow speed of caster weapons, since we don't have "haste," per se, but I suppose that might be slightly off topic. Perhaps, I'll take that issue to a new thread.

Violentsaint
06-15-2010, 06:42 AM
I'll even admit the Thoth gear is a little too good, but let's remember I was a paladin before oasis, I wasn't all like "OMG epic gear!" *respec*

it wouldn't have mattered to me if Thoth gear was never introduced, and as soon as part 2 pf oasis comes out, everyones gonna be sporting new gear and I'm sure pure mages will have some epic alien loot and most paladins will wanna be cool and fit in so they will wear the new gear.

This will all blow over in a week or too, I'm just enjoying it while it lasts

TrogZ
06-15-2010, 07:45 AM
I personally put 5/5 in ice storm because it's true u might only need 2 secs with a combo it's uses is also for farming. When u r running from boss to boss farming, u would freez the mob u r running past and at 2 seconds I think it's too short.

I hope your not suggesting solo farming, that would just be silly.

Rebel
06-15-2010, 07:49 AM
I'll even admit the Thoth gear is a little too good, but let's remember I was a paladin before oasis, I wasn't all like "OMG epic gear!" *respec*

Who would do that?

*whistles innocently*

TrogZ
06-15-2010, 07:50 AM
see if your int is 11 you get 1M/s, and since enchantresses start off with 7 int, you only have to put 4 points in it.

each piece of thoth gear gives +7 int so if you have full thoth your int will be easily over 11 and you will get the the 1M/s, even if you dont put any points in int

plus full thoth gives you 20M/s

so as long as your wearing the thoth gear you will have 21M/s wether your int was 11 or not before equiping the gear because of the int boost the gear provides, but if you ever stop wearing the gear people with 7 int will have zero mana regen, and people with 11 int will have 1M/s

i know its really confusing but i hope i explained it well enough for you to understand :)

Summarized:

Full Thoth Gear: 20M/s

You without gear equipped with 7 int: 0 m/s
You without gear equipped with 11 int: 1 m/s
You with gear equipped with 7 int: 21m/s
You with gear equipped with 11 int: 21m/s

Violentsaint is only pointing out that with the extra 4 points in INT when your not using Thoth gear at least you will have 1m/s. This is a good point because the level cap and thus your gear set will be raised with the content expansion of AO:2.

Rebel
06-15-2010, 07:55 AM
I went ahead and placed another 4 points into my intellect for this reason:

We aren't going to have Thoth gear forever that will be giving us extra int. I don't want to waste a respec because I need an extra 4 points in int to raise my m/s when the new str gear comes out with no int whatsoever.

TrogZ
06-15-2010, 07:56 AM
BTW violent i find pixxies (who still plays, saw him/her yesterday) aka your build interesting. After I finish with Ceno (My tank) I think i may have to try it out. I think even when AO:2 gear comes out, thoth will still probably be the ideal pally gear. I am fairly certain that level 45 gear will focus on crit/dodge %s as I happened to obtain a pink 45 helm when AO first came out and was buggy. Very nice guide *thumbs up*.

-Trogs/Ceno

Elfche
06-15-2010, 08:12 AM
See, that's the main problem. They should have gear for ALL specs...

Violentsaint
06-15-2010, 08:51 AM
BTW violent i find pixxies (who still plays, saw him/her yesterday) aka your build interesting. After I finish with Ceno (My tank) I think i may have to try it out. I think even when AO:2 gear comes out, thoth will still probably be the ideal pally gear. I am fairly certain that level 45 gear will focus on crit/dodge %s as I happened to obtain a pink 45 helm when AO first came out and was buggy. Very nice guide *thumbs up*.

-Trogs/Ceno

thanks man, wow pixxie still plays? I'm sure he/she is on my friends list and I havnt seen them on since lost expedition

EDIT: pixxie is on my list, and is still lvl 30

TrogZ
06-15-2010, 11:24 AM
thanks man, wow pixxie still plays? I'm sure he/she is on my friends list and I havnt seen them on since lost expedition

EDIT: pixxie is on my list, and is still lvl 30

Could swear I saw her at the bank, maybe just having some nostalgic memories.

Violentsaint
06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Could swear I saw her at the bank, maybe just having some nostalgic memories.

lol darn would have been cool to catch up with pixxie again

awells... :(

Iseldis
06-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Thoth Sword Vs. Spear?

I'd like to know which is better,

The sword has 16DPS more, and the spear has 'nightmare' whatever that is.

So is one better then the other, or is it personal preference, and what does nightmare do?

P.S. I currently own both, so I'll be able to test them at lv 40 after I respec.

Violentsaint
06-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Thoth Sword Vs. Spear?

I'd like to know which is better,

The sword has 16DPS more, and the spear has 'nightmare' whatever that is.

So is one better then the other, or is it personal preference, and what does nightmare do?

P.S. I currently own both, so I'll be able to test them at lv 40 after I respec.

nightmere breaks armor and if you use spear u can stack nightmere with the break armor proc so you can take out heaps of the enemys armor.

i personally like using the spear for that reason, and geting to poke people =D

Sayishere
06-17-2010, 06:08 AM
my mage was a str mage along time ago also, i never leveled up past 20

i used to look at pixxies guide heh

but this new spec with thoth makes that old spec look like nothing now

that old spec had to rely on mana posts, but this new one is amazing

gonna level up my lvl 20 mage soon (when i get my ipad :P)

edit. violentsaint, i just read your sig, you say your the first paladin in PL? but pixxie is the one who found and posted that spec?, so wasnt he the first, that comment is misleading tbh

im just saying :P

Violentsaint
06-17-2010, 07:24 AM
my mage was a str mage along time ago also, i never leveled up past 20

i used to look at pixxies guide heh

but this new spec with thoth makes that old spec look like nothing now

that old spec had to rely on mana posts, but this new one is amazing

gonna level up my lvl 20 mage soon (when i get my ipad :P)

edit. violentsaint, i just read your sig, you say your the first paladin in PL? but pixxie is the one who found and posted that spec?, so wasnt he the first, that comment is misleading tbh

im just saying :P

lol yer in my lvl 30-35 guide i posted that pixxie doesnt play anymore so i guess im the first paladin that still plays the game, and ive kinda made it my responsibility to continue on the paladin legacy :P and post builds and help people.

and someone could have made a paladin before they merged the ipad and iphone servers together, so i guess theres no way to prove i was the first. but im the first paladin that still uses the forums

Rahllin
06-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Man, thank you for this guide! I only play PvE and since I sometimes play with guys who don't know how to work as a team, a lot of times I need take care of myself. I wanted to mess around with the hybrids for PvE, and I loved the bowbear, until I tried this str enchantress build.... unless a boss catches me offguard, teams up with another boss, or 1hits me, I absolutely can't die. Its awesome. The only pots I have used since I changed my specs to these have been by accident only. It is impossible to use spells faster than my mana regen, its amazing.

Violentsaint
06-18-2010, 04:30 AM
Man, thank you for this guide! I only play PvE and since I sometimes play with guys who don't know how to work as a team, a lot of times I need take care of myself. I wanted to mess around with the hybrids for PvE, and I loved the bowbear, until I tried this str enchantress build.... unless a boss catches me offguard, teams up with another boss, or 1hits me, I absolutely can't die. Its awesome. The only pots I have used since I changed my specs to these have been by accident only. It is impossible to use spells faster than my mana regen, its amazing.

see this is why i love posting these builds, the possitive feedback i get from everyone is great and gets me so pumped to release my next guide, i really appriciate the comments guys, makes these guides feel more like a hobbie and less like a chore.

King Richie
06-18-2010, 06:19 AM
I actually think this build is so beast its unreal how strong it is like !!

Violentsaint
06-18-2010, 06:37 AM
I actually think this build is so beast its unreal how strong it is like !!

ill be sad when part 2 comes out, ill be like a kid in a toy store that throws away his old beloved toy for the cooler lookin new toys

ill miss you thoth gear like i miss you buz lightyear ;(

Relis
06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
ill be sad when part 2 comes out, ill be like a kid in a toy store that throws away his old beloved toy for the cooler lookin new toys

ill miss you thoth gear like i miss you buz lightyear ;(

Well for me I guess it depends on what the new gear is? It will be hard to give up the 25 mana regen I spam threw skills and like to us magic shield too much! I dont know how effective this build would be in pvp without regen.

Violentsaint
06-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Well for me I guess it depends on what the new gear is? It will be hard to give up the 25 mana regen I spam threw skills and like to us magic shield too much! I dont know how effective this build would be in pvp without regen.

meh, you could always keep the thoth gear for pvp and do pve in the new gear

Necro
06-24-2010, 05:32 AM
My character is Nerlic. Paladin Build is best. Magic Shields with mana regeneration is awesome.

Inching
06-26-2010, 09:34 AM
meh, you could always keep the thoth gear for pvp and do pve in the new gear

I think I'm just gonna respec back to pure mage when part 2 comes out unless some crazy gear with +5 m/s like Thoth comes out but increased aromor/damage of couse.. really depends on what the new gear is.... but as a mage i can tell you that upto lvl 35 pure mage is the most fun for me with mamboza Robe, Dreamers tiara, voodoo doll, and dreamers mojo wand (or mamboza fire Pin but I like mojo better). Then up to 40 basically as a mage if you plane to solo any maps above you would go Thoth gear and respec... i'm just waiting for whats coming.. who knows, maybe they might come out with some crazy bow stuff and I'll respc into a bowtrantress.

Banned
06-26-2010, 04:50 PM
I think I'm just gonna respec back to pure mage when part 2 comes out unless some crazy gear with +5 m/s like Thoth comes out but increased aromor/damage of couse.. really depends on what the new gear is.... but as a mage i can tell you that upto lvl 35 pure mage is the most fun for me with mamboza Robe, Dreamers tiara, voodoo doll, and dreamers mojo wand (or mamboza fire Pin but I like mojo better). Then up to 40 basically as a mage if you plane to solo any maps above you would go Thoth gear and respec... i'm just waiting for whats coming.. who knows, maybe they might come out with some crazy bow stuff and I'll respc into a bowtrantress.

They should have INT Thoth gear from what I've seen with the level 40+ gear glitch, so you should be back to kicking *** with a wand once AO2 comes out. :)

Bowchantress FTW. :p

Violentsaint
06-26-2010, 08:55 PM
They should have INT Thoth gear from what I've seen with the level 40+ gear glitch, so you should be back to kicking *** with a wand once AO2 comes out. :)

Bowchantress FTW. :p

i always wanted to make a bowchantress, but i will never be anything but a paladin on violentsaint, so i decided to make an archer and its lvl 35 at the moment, im hoping theirs some crazy lazer guns and stuff in part two.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/badass_lazerz___pew_pew_pew.jpg

Banned
06-26-2010, 08:58 PM
i always wanted to make a bowchantress, but i will never be anything but a paladin on violentsaint, so i decided to make an archer and its lvl 35 at the moment, im hoping theirs some crazy lazer guns and stuff in part two.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/badass_lazerz___pew_pew_pew.jpg

You should respec to INT. It's like, THE BOMB.

bmc85uk
06-26-2010, 09:34 PM
nooooo, I will be the only daddy of the int mages :p

pure badass healer all the way for me baby

Azrael
06-27-2010, 11:39 AM
skill-derive skill revamp. Hoooray

Violentsaint
06-28-2010, 10:28 PM
skill-derive skill revamp. Hoooray

guess my lvl 45 build will be enough str to wear the new gear and the rest in int for spell damage

Necro
06-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Violentsaint: This is good idea. :)

Violentsaint
06-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Violentsaint: This is good idea. :)

im glad you think so, if i dont like the new gear i could just dump all the points into int for spell damage

but i think ill cave in and wear the new gear lol

Violentsaint
07-16-2010, 10:03 PM
wish the devs would hurry up with stat driven skill conversion, i rly wanna post my lvl 40-45 build!

bigdavepz
07-23-2010, 09:26 AM
When are you gonna post a lvl 40-45 build?

Edit: lol, just read last post :)

Dragon
07-26-2010, 03:16 AM
what is the stat driven skill conversion?
can't wait to see your 40-45 paladin guide.

Violentsaint
07-26-2010, 03:50 AM
what is the stat driven skill conversion?
can't wait to see your 40-45 paladin guide.

its an update coming that will have your spell damage depend on your stats (for example the more points you have in intelligence the more damage your spells will do)

same thing with warriors, more str, more powerful skills, with archer the more dex you have the more powerful your archer skills will be.

Inching
07-26-2010, 06:01 AM
If it ever comes

Dragon
07-26-2010, 06:30 AM
oh. i think that is actually a great idea. less people will want to go hybrids because I think hybrids are a bit overpowered, especially the paladin and the bowbear.
hehe, this will benefit my full dex archer.

Violentsaint
07-26-2010, 06:52 AM
oh. i think that is actually a great idea. less people will want to go hybrids because I think hybrids are a bit overpowered, especially the paladin and the bowbear.
hehe, this will benefit my full dex archer.

thats exactly the reason there going to release it :P

Barbamitsos
07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
thats exactly the reason there going to release it :P

Mrsbanana- I dont want it ;( take it away from me!

Draconix
07-27-2010, 05:23 AM
how good is it being a paladin? like how often do you die because you are where the warriors should be, fighting up close with like usually 100 hp less than the bears? is it easy?

Violentsaint
07-28-2010, 12:03 AM
how good is it being a paladin? like how often do you die because you are where the warriors should be, fighting up close with like usually 100 hp less than the bears? is it easy?

its hard being a paladin if your under level 40, once you hit 40 and have full thoth gear its amazing :)

Bloonigans
07-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Dude u inspired me to make a pally, he is now lvl 12 and I think I am going to keep crocs gear equipped for the mana regen. U are so right about the potion costs.:cool:

Barbamitsos
07-29-2010, 06:21 AM
I h8 the idiots who copy my name WHO THE FLUCK IS MAGICALBANANA

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a449/sirtanker/b870199f.jpg

v5point0
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I h8 the idiots who copy my name WHO THE FLUCK IS MAGICALBANANA

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a449/sirtanker/b870199f.jpg

A magically distant relative lol

Mr2hitk0
07-29-2010, 07:28 PM
PALLY FTW!!!!! I love my pally to death tysm saint for this thread helped me lots

Violentsaint
07-30-2010, 07:59 PM
PALLY FTW!!!!! I love my pally to death tysm saint for this thread helped me lots

your welcome :)

as soon as stat driven skill conversion update is released i will post a level 45 build :)

TylerBoyd
08-10-2010, 09:17 PM
dude can u make a level 45 pally attribute im planing on become a pally on my page once i hit 45 then reseting on my stats:)

Yardsalez
08-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Tyler, as you know I am a pally hehe. Just put 142 strength in so you can wear full thoth and put rest in dex. Then, talk to Royce and he will give you a skill distribution

TylerBoyd
08-10-2010, 09:57 PM
okay thanks yard im planing on turning into a pally:)

Yardsalez
08-10-2010, 10:04 PM
tons of fun(: