PDA

View Full Version : [Pet Animancy] What we should know and what we want to know

kinzmet
06-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Hello AL community!

The new pet system called Pet Animancy was released with the new client last June 2, I already tested out some pet combinations but because of the limitation of my story tokens I can't really test as much as I want. So I wanted to ask help from the community to gather what you guys think to be useful info about this new system. I will make a list as we test pet combos together. It could be bugs, good combinations, etc.

You can post it in this formats:

Did you know?
-You need 50 story tokens to open an Egg slot.
-You need 5 story tokens to remove an Egg attached to a pet.

Or if you want to know something which you haven't tested yet:

We want to know?
-If the Arcane ability from the egg follows the level of the pet it was attached to or remain in level 1?

Thanks for your time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, heres the list:

Did you know?

You need 50 story tokens to open an Egg slot.
You need 5 story tokens to remove an Egg attached to a pet.
That if you have the promotional August's Egg for promocode (/amazon) which is not tradable before the 6/2/16 client update, it has become tradable now.
That the Arcane ability from the egg follows the level of the pet it was attached to.
That the cooldown of the Egg's arcane ability do not follow the cooldown of the pet's arcane ability where it is attached. No changing of cooldowns.
That if you replaced any pet's AA with Iceball's AA, that pet's attack will gain the freezing ability described in Iceball's AA even if the description says "Iceball's attack".
That if you put a melee Arcane Ability (from pets like Kelvin, Swift etc) to a ranged type pet it may not work as you would intend due to range issues.

We want to know!

If Maridos' Blessing would also affect the attack of pet it was attached to?
If there would be another Double Story Token before Ursoth?
How would we verify that Abaddon's xp happiness is working correctly when egged to another pet. Other than relying that it works. (From Ravager)
If we could get an egg version of pets like Valkin, Konga, Grave and Porkchop?
If Old arcane pets Glacian and Hammerjaw are coming back?

VROOMIGoRealFast
06-04-2016, 07:23 PM
We want to know!

If the Arcane ability from the egg follows the level of the pet it was attached to or remain in level 1?
Yes the Arcane Ability from the egg follows the level of the pet it was attached to. Very important to remember though is that not all pets have the same damage stats, so you may find combinations that make abilities stronger or weaker than their original pet.
If the cooldown of the Egg's arcane ability follows the cooldown of the pet's arcane ability where it is attached?
The cooldown will be taken from the Egg's Arcane Ability that is used. It will not be taken from the pet the ability is placed into. No changing the cooldowns! =P
I will have to double check on this one, so I can't say for sure, but if it should we'll make sure it works. Iceball was recently fixed up to make sure the freezing effect carried over properly to other pets.

We want to know!
- How do you like the system? :)

Sxvm
06-04-2016, 07:32 PM
We want to know!

In my opinion it's useless for me, all i use is nekro for AA. It's the best HB n AA for me.

But other people saying they like it!

Thewolfbull
06-04-2016, 07:34 PM
I love it :)

Trenton
06-04-2016, 10:20 PM
We want to know!
My favorite thing about it is that I can buy a Deary (200g) for every twink I own, and try out different levels of PvP for "free" by merging an op pet to one twink Deary, taking off after I'm done and use it for a different twink. After I'm done using the pet I can just sell it if I find no other twink levels I like

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

acewasabi
06-04-2016, 11:21 PM
My favorite thing about it is that I can buy a Deary (200g) for every twink I own, and try out different levels of PvP for "free" by merging an op pet to one twink Deary, taking off after I'm done and use it for a different twink. After I'm done using the pet I can just sell it if I find no other twink levels I like

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

yeah i put nightshades happiness n korruption aa in my twink's barney haha. playing round like that is good fun.

Ravager
06-04-2016, 11:34 PM
We want to know!

If the Arcane ability from the egg follows the level of the pet it was attached to or remain in level 1?
Yes the Arcane Ability from the egg follows the level of the pet it was attached to. Very important to remember though is that not all pets have the same damage stats, so you may find combinations that make abilities stronger or weaker than their original pet.
If the cooldown of the Egg's arcane ability follows the cooldown of the pet's arcane ability where it is attached?
The cooldown will be taken from the Egg's Arcane Ability that is used. It will not be taken from the pet the ability is placed into. No changing the cooldowns! =P
I will have to double check on this one, so I can't say for sure, but if it should we'll make sure it works. Iceball was recently fixed up to make sure the freezing effect carried over properly to other pets.

We want to know!

How would we verify that Abaddon's xp happiness is working correctly when egged to another pet. Other than relying that it works.

bonjovi3223
06-04-2016, 11:50 PM
We want to know!
I like the idea but haven't tested it yet. The arcanes I want are currently too expensive so am waiting on price drops.
Thx for this system though. I think its a very big step to help ppl own arcane pets.

DarrenPR
06-05-2016, 12:52 AM
We want to know!

As I said on the announcement post, the system is fine, and lets us use pets we normally wouldn't use, but keep our stats as well. I'm just awaiting the reintroduction of eggs before I take advantage of this system. I'm refusing to pay 300-400% markup on eggs I've already payed for in the past and just have sitting in my stable never seeing the light of day. Once the eggs are reintroduced, hopefully there will be enough in the market that the top 1% of AL Wallstreet won't be able to hoard them in their stashes for profit anymore.

Bluebatthing
06-05-2016, 12:56 AM
I agree! IMO, a plat sale followed by a crate sale would greatly alleviate the issue. Hopefully it'll happen soon so we can start experimenting with higher end pets. The prices right now are ridiculous.
As I said on the announcement post, the system is fine, and lets us use pets we normally wouldn't use, but keep our stats as well. I'm just awaiting the reintroduction of eggs before I take advantage of this system. I'm refusing to pay 300-400% markup on eggs I've already payed for in the past and just have sitting in my stable never seeing the light of day. Once the eggs are reintroduced, hopefully there will be enough in the market that the top 1% of AL Wallstreet won't be able to hoard them in ther stashes for profit anymore.

Tiki Aborigine
06-05-2016, 01:25 AM
I like to put in my event twink's pets ribbit's AA. Now event chars are more powerful and u can run with an eternal 40% crit buff :D if all players in party use ribbits AA too

kinzmet
06-05-2016, 11:12 AM
We want to know!

Thanks for the infos! We are loving this new pet system! We are limited by the token payouts, but its worth the grind :)

The idea of the pet cooldowns being changed when attached was when I tried Nexus egg (a bit longer cooldown) attached to a Jack (quick cooldown), it feels as if the Nexus' AA was very fast to cooldown comparable to Jack's AA. But now that it was cleared, thanks :)

kickazzrogue
06-05-2016, 12:55 PM
I like the idea of it im just concerened with what it will do to the balance of the game and how it gives a huge advantage from rich to poor i thought we were trying to close the gap.

capeo
06-05-2016, 06:36 PM
I like it. I put Kelvin in Nightshade. Much better for boss fight.

Lordsliver
06-06-2016, 09:42 AM
We want to know..when is next plat sale?

kinzmet
06-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Since the task of opening egg slots on your pets needs effort and dedication, I think it would be nice if we could get AP with titles on it. Like [Animancer], [Master Animancer] or [Grand Animancer]. Now that would be great!

Zynzyn
08-22-2016, 03:14 PM
When pet animancy is used, what does the cooldown depend on? Is the egg's cooldown always dominant over the pet and when it comes to cd does it matter whether it is slotted in Happiness or Arcane Ability?

VROOMIGoRealFast
08-22-2016, 03:24 PM
When pet animancy is used, what does the cooldown depend on? Is the egg's cooldown always dominant over the pet and when it comes to cd does it matter whether it is slotted in Happiness or Arcane Ability?

The cooldown is based on which ability is slotted into the Arcane Ability egg slot. So no matter what pet visual is using the ability, the cooldown will always be the same.