PDA

View Full Version : Should I stress over the levels of my pets?

jonathan4210
06-05-2016, 02:29 PM
I'm constantly doing kt4 runs to reach lv56 so that I can focus on endgame content, and as I do the runs, I'm unsure if I should switch between all my pets to level them up a bit, use whatever I want, or keep using the best one(s)? I'm a lv48 warrior, and the two pets that I have and prefer are Courage (lv42) and Ironbite (lv40). I also like Tankton (lv36) for the shell ability, Cerella (lv33) for the free +60 armor, and Flounder (lv30) for the dodge ability. All my other pets are only rare and are lv20. So I don't know if I should only switch between courage and ironbite, or use whatever I feel like using. I dont want my runs to be a waste of xp for my pets, if you know what I mean. I figure that I'm bound to find better ones later on, so does this really matter?

mistery
06-05-2016, 03:18 PM
tankton and cerella for lvl 56? wtf?
buy pets with high primary stats and damage

resurrected
06-05-2016, 03:20 PM
You should save up for at least malison, ribbit and just better pets. If you are low on money. Change way and go to map that will give you also some drop to gain golds.

Befs
06-05-2016, 04:33 PM
There's no need to level up pets evenly, the only pets of mine above level 46 are breeze, nekro, and toor. Also, you should save for some better pets.

jonathan4210
06-05-2016, 04:49 PM
All the strong pets cost over a million. How can I afford those before I reach endgame?

e5c4p3artist
06-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Do free Plat offers until you can buy Haze, then buy an Ironbite egg and drop it into Haze's AA slot. You'll have a decent pet without breaking the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Befs
06-05-2016, 05:49 PM
All the strong pets cost over a million. How can I afford those before I reach endgame?

Well there are far cheaper pets that can be useful as well. For example ribbit, loki, and any pet that you get from reaching gold tier in an event.

jonathan4210
06-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Do their levels make a big difference? Pets are mostly used for their happiness bonus and AA, no? They dont do much damage anyways.

Befs
06-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Do their levels make a big difference? Pets are mostly used for their happiness bonus and AA, no? They dont do much damage anyways.

However their passive also becomes better as they level.

Also pets like Toor or SnS that have damaging or healing AA's deal more heal / damage as they level.

jonathan4210
06-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Should I pick my favorite out of the 3 suggested pets (loki, ribbit, malison), or buy them all? Wouldnt one of them be enough, since I'm gonna need an even better pet later on? And a good pet is basically one that gives primary stat and damage, despite its AA?

Also, is it bad if I decide to use a new pet later on? Will it be hard to level it up to make it catch up to my level?

Lordsliver
06-06-2016, 09:36 AM
dont worry xD

Befs
06-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Should I pick my favorite out of the 3 suggested pets (loki, ribbit, malison), or buy them all? Wouldnt one of them be enough, since I'm gonna need an even better pet later on? And a good pet is basically one that gives primary stat and damage, despite its AA?

Also, is it bad if I decide to use a new pet later on? Will it be hard to level it up to make it catch up to my level?

I would not waste all my money on getting three, I would stick to whichever would be best for you (based on price / play style)

Also I still buy and use new pets as a level 56, they level up relatively quickly.

jonathan4210
06-06-2016, 12:18 PM
I would not waste all my money on getting three, I would stick to whichever would be best for you (based on price / play style)

Also I still buy and use new pets as a level 56, they level up relatively quickly.

That's good to hear. I was just leveling up tankton and cerella more cause they were my 2nd best pets. I mostly focused on courage and ironbite. Now I'm just gonna buy a 3rd one, and rotate from those and start ignoring the epic and rare pets. I know a lot of people recommend ribbit and loki, but are there other pets that are good for damage and tanking? I think snappy, one of the turtles, gives damage and damage reduction. Wouldn't he be a very good pick?

Fyrce
06-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Um, korruption was free. Fantasma was free. There are good free pets w every big event.

intizamfamily888
06-06-2016, 03:07 PM
I can recommend you kettles egg aswell. It's a cheap pet with good primaries

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Niixed
06-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Ethyl is another great choice for a starter pet for warriors.

Check out Gluttony's pet index here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77834-Guide-Pet-system). It's a bit outdated but since you're just starting out it'll help you a lot.

The free pets you get from Klass and from normal maps are not worth leveling. Others have already suggested other great starter pets. Save a few locked from km3 and buy one. :)

Zeazimeh
06-06-2016, 09:11 PM
It is not very difficult to own an arcane pet. U can farm lockeds and jewels. The prices are currently steep due to pet animancy but they will reduce eventually. Also, event legendary pets are good, never miss em. And now with so many things to farm, u can go low lvl elite maps and sell a lot of the in house items if u don't find PUGs in km3. :-) U can get an arcane pet within 2 weeks, play in zombie mode.. lol