PDA

View Full Version : Quick thought

Befs
06-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Earlier I was browsing old stuff and I came across the thread about grinding being too tough for newer players, and I read it over again. I read one post (think by Energizeric) talking about how leveling in PL was never boring because there was loot to be found in the older maps, then I read a post by Kalizza about how they could add farming capt axes, storm swords, etc. to old elites only available to lower levels. It got me thinking about how StS could make farming low levels profitable, and I realized that much of PL's twink gear, unlike AL's, was not reliant on an event to obtain (not counting the op hallow items / forg bows added later), and I came to the conclusion that StS could make new twink gear that's competitive (if not better) with the event gear. This gear would always be farmable, and it could give newer players some profit while leveling.

P.S. sorry for rambling but I'm really tired and thoughts aren't organized.

Bm4_le60
06-05-2016, 08:35 PM
This would be amazing +1

Nvgd
06-05-2016, 11:38 PM
It's a great idea.

Fredystern
06-06-2016, 01:25 AM
+1 twink can farming too :)

Errorrz
06-06-2016, 01:55 AM
+1 pvp now so bored . Twink only use the same gear they got from last year event .. really miss 3year ago for pvp for lv 13 . Latinos Twink , grins , prostyle , boss twink and others .

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

Lordsliver
06-06-2016, 09:39 AM
nice^^, sounds rellay awesome

UncleDia
06-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Good idea!!

Ssneakykills
06-06-2016, 03:13 PM
With pocket legends I loved the fact I could make farming characters at different levels other than endgame and actually farm for stuff that would be worth it. Farming old/different maps would be more refreshing than being restricted to the endgame maps such as the 46/56 maps with one character.

I'm surprised this wasn't implemented in arcane legends long ago

Fyrce
06-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Totally confused. I farm low level gear with every event. And you can still do it in zones. You just have to be the right levels, JUST like in PL. So I am completely confused on what needs changing...

And yes, all my various levels of toons have their various gears mostly from the various events.

Felipe Pereira
06-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Ur research just make clear the conclusion that this is a old issue and never had the properly attention by developers, because its still.

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk

Befs
06-06-2016, 06:23 PM
With pocket legends I loved the fact I could make farming characters at different levels other than endgame and actually farm for stuff that would be worth it. Farming old/different maps would be more refreshing than being restricted to the endgame maps such as the 46/56 maps with one character.

I'm surprised this wasn't implemented in arcane legends long ago

Definitely feel the same, in PL I had chars every 5 levels or so just for farming that specific campaign (not 40-49)

Totally confused. I farm low level gear with every event. And you can still do it in zones. You just have to be the right levels, JUST like in PL. So I am completely confused on what needs changing...

And yes, all my various levels of toons have their various gears mostly from the various events.

However the gear being farmed is not up to par with the gear from events, and therefore there isn't a way for a new player to make profit unless there is an event.

Suentous PO
06-06-2016, 08:41 PM
@ Ireliaa - in pl the gear was unlimited but the natural rate of attrition of players made it so price related to usefulness compared to player base. Some things were always worth the time to farm. Also some can't or won't farm so it's not like good gear was easy without effort, despite being effectively "unlimited".

And Befs;
I started over again here made a new toon, gave it 100k and wanted to go endgame not buying plat (ty free offers),
but I had to abandon him and go back to the main. He got as far as 28 and lost half all that money despite farming and doing all quests & selling drops. If I was a new kid experiencing this, and wanted to pvp, I bet learning how much that could take would have me quit.

Some issues;
- liquidation prices are too low
- pots cost too much compared to that
- farming seems to necessitate a luck elixir
- free elixirs are too rare/random and takes too long for the next rng gamble :/
- cs listing prices too high compared to liquidation vs cs fluctuations
- not enough to usable farmable gear. ( "suffer your Kmart armor or buy plat!")
- gear is class dependent instead of stat so 2/3 of what drops is worth a piece of used gum

Ik endgame changes the feasibility of farming (& events) but I'm looking at this like a some dumb New kid on purpose.