PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Launches First on Android

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 11:05 AM
AUSTIN, Texas – August 11, 2011 – Android™ gamers will be the first to experience the new sci-fi MMO universe of Star Legends™: The Blackstar Chronicles (http://www.starlegends.com) from Spacetime Studios, the developer of Pocket Legends. The title launches with more than 80,000 players already from the beta.

Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles is a sci-fi mobile MMORPG set in a far corner of our galaxy during the 41st century. In this initial Star Legends installment, human privateers travel to the UCS Blackstar, a massive colony ship, to answer the call of fame and fortune. Two factions, the space-age humans and the alien threat known as the Vular, battle one another for resources, power and inter-galactic dominance.

Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles is the second title in the popular Legends franchise. The first game, fantasy themed Pocket Legends, is the world’s largest mobile MMO with approximately five million downloads.

"When we launched Pocket Legends on Android we were blown away by the response from the community. Android has since become the leading revenue driver and our primary focus," says Cinco Barnes, Chief Vision Officer, Spacetime Studios. "It is so easy to publish apps on their Market that it became a no-brainer for us to flip the standard mobile game strategy on its head and launch on Android before any other OS."

GAME FEATURES
Thrilling sci-fi, futuristic 3D world where humans and aliens battle for universal supremacy
Three customizable character classes with unique appearances and abilities
Thousands of space-age items including: weapons, armor sets, and equipment
Countless hours of worldwide, multiplayer, open-world gameplay
MMO components usually reserved for PC, including: character development and progression, grouping, guilds, friends, chat, and more
Playable via Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connections on Android 2.1 and above mobile devices
XPERIA PLAY Optimized.
The title is Powered by Spacetime which will allow Android, iOS and Windows users to play together globally. The technology supports game play over Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G and 4G networks.

AVAILABILITY
Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles is free to download and play. The game features optional microtransactions and virtual currency that can enhance the play experience with vanity items and costumes.

The game is currently available for download on Android Market™ (https://market.android.com/details?id=sts.sl) and VCAST.

For more details visit http://www.starlegends.com/

Gameplay Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmNiH8wohrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmNiH8wohrI

Level 20-25 Numa Prime Planet Adventure Teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RtVBycVAIo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RtVBycVAIo

About Spacetime Studios
Spacetime Studios is an independent game development studio located in Austin, Texas. The company was founded in late 2005 by online game veterans Cinco Barnes, Gary Gattis, Jake Rodgers and Anthony L. Sommers.

In 2010, Spacetime released Pocket Legends, the world’s first cross-platform, 3D, persistent mobile MMO. The game’s pick-up-and-play format, expandable nature, and unparalleled instanced gameplay have propelled it to become a landmark title on Apple and Android-based mobile devices. The company continues to expand its content and technology lead in the mobile multiplayer market. Spacetime has been recognized by Develop as one of the world’s 100 most successful game studios.

Spacetime Studios, the Spacetime Studios logo, Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and all associated artwork and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Spacetime Studios, Inc. Apple, the App Store, iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple. Android and Android Market are trademarks of Google Inc.

All company and product names may be trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.

Wretch
08-11-2011, 11:31 AM
So no ios still?

Zbooo
08-11-2011, 11:31 AM
We got it first, too bad Apple!

CowboyJim
08-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Still no iOS...ouch, that hurts. Yay for everyone else, though.....

Roasty
08-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm about to snap if Apple doesn't approve SL soon...

Zbooo
08-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Gotta love my Android man.

Nourish
08-11-2011, 11:35 AM
:0 /cry!!

xero
08-11-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm expecting to see ALOT of news footage of apple's headquarters getting attacked by angry mobs... xD

I kid though... sucks I still can't play with my iOS using friends...

CriostalCamhaoir
08-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Super excited! So this means we are out of beta stage and on full release without Apple? And we totally get new content which means I won't just have to stand around anymore or just power level other chars! EXCITED!!! :D

Roasty
08-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Gotta love my Android man.

Grr.....

CowboyJim
08-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Okay Droid users, now's the time to show the love. Please don't rub it in for us poor iOS users....we're suffering enough....LOL
I'm glad that STS has released the full version on the Android....congratulations. Maybe THAT will help Apple speed up the approval....LOL.
Regardless, I will play SL on my iOS whenever it is finally released. No flaming Apple or anyone else...it is what it is....I'm just jealous...
Have fun everyone...remember, Life is a highway....

Justg
08-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Okay Droid users, now's the time to show the love. Please don't rub it in for us poor iOS users....we're suffering enough....LOL
I'm glad that STS has released the full version on the Android....congratulations. Maybe THAT will help Apple speed up the approval....LOL.
Regardless, I will play SL on my iOS whenever it is finally released. No flaming Apple or anyone else...it is what it is....I'm just jealous...
Have fun everyone...remember, Life is a highway....

Totally agree, please no Apple hate. We'll moderate pretty heavily here. We love both platforms and are very much looking forward to getting it into iOS player's hands!

Physiologic
08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Congrats guys on the successful launch!

Dartagnian
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Totally agree, please no Apple hate. We'll moderate pretty heavily here. We love both platforms and are very much looking forward to getting it into iOS player's hands!

My hands are little and grubby.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Im just about done waiting i will return when level cap is one 100 which would be in like forever im just done with this android getting everything and 80000
Users is not that much apple has 1,920.000 and still android gets everything even thought we have more users and please dont write we are still waiting for apple approval thanks for your patience and understanding

Can you do something else maybe calling them cause i think im done spamming on there Facebook wall's

Ayc2000
08-11-2011, 11:56 AM
:( oh well... i guess I can wait a little longer... at least now android users are happy :distant:

Redbridge
08-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Congrats to STS on taking what must have been a hard decision.

As an iThingy user, I fully support you getting this game out..... You've all worked hard and have struggled for weeks with Apple to get this to all users (both Android & iOS) at the same time but there is only so long that everyone can wait.

Hopefully Apple will see this as a message that software developers simply can't continue to delay their offerings down to Apples approval processes and often strict, unclear and non-transparent rules....

Well Done...:applause:

Yvonnel
08-11-2011, 11:59 AM
To all my friends on iOS, I am waiting for you guys. Saved a couple of alts to just be able to run and level with you. I really hope to see you all in SL soon.

nazgulking
08-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I think we iOS users deserve the wait. I should have never bought iPhone in the first place. Now I'm regretting getting it. Next phone will be an Android for sure. We are under the absolute power of Apple. We will never get it. Let's get back to PL. I only envy Android users that can play SL, that seems such a good game. Oh Well....

bronislav84
08-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Congrats on a successful launch, and giving up waiting for Apple with their constant delays! Off to update now.

skavenger216
08-11-2011, 12:23 PM
im done with sts and apple Obviously they havent done enough to make sure ios users have star legends so you just lost a fan of this game, cant see me playing this anymore. smfh

Don't be mad at STS, be mad at Apple, I applaud STS for their decision to finally not let Apple spoil everyone else's fun.

Irulelol
08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
I have a question about the 30 platinum some people will be getting. Will it only go to people who reserved there accounts or will it also go to people who just sighn in with there pocketlegends acount?

Uwantaids
08-11-2011, 12:28 PM
im just staying that i dont think sts is trying hard enough to get it out for apple users. i may be wrong and if i am im sorry but from my point of view and how sts wont share any info with us besides were working on it with apple then that just gets me irritated

Irulelol
08-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Sts i believe has done everything they can do at this point. It just comes down to apple aprroving it

StompArtist
08-11-2011, 12:31 PM
im just staying that i dont think sts is trying hard enough to get it out for apple users. i may be wrong and if i am im sorry but from my point of view and how sts wont share any info with us besides were working on it with apple then that just gets me irritated

huh... I don't think they need to go public on what is happening with Apple. Bottom line is that the Apple process is slowing things down and STS has no control over the demands made by Apple for approval therefore they must do their best to comply and that takes time since every time a change is required it needs to be coded and thoroughly tested.

Dartagnian
08-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I agree with Stomp; publicizing problems with them may just make them more difficult to work with. For better or worse they're business partners and there's that whole business etiquette thing.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Well i disagree with stomp

eamon2plz
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Please don't feed the trolls.

The same people saying they will never play Star Legends due to the Apple issue will be back in a few weeks when it is released and if they aren't - well I am sure it is probably better for the community.

That said, congratulations to STS for an exceptionally bug-free beta, excellent customer service, and a true desire to produce an excellent, ground-breaking game. You have achieved it through hard work and diligence and I echo everyone else in applauding you on your release of Star Legends.

StompArtist
08-11-2011, 12:49 PM
To be fair I do not think anyone is trolling here. Just frustration, some of the iOS users have been waiting on this for so long they are feeling cheated... Normal human reaction (Squirrels would understand this much better).

eamon2plz
08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
(Squirrels would understand this much better).

QFT

Uwantaids
08-11-2011, 12:56 PM
ty stomp artist aand if teh android users didnt get the game and apple did they wud b saying the same thing

Uwantaids
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
oh and btw ppl like ZBOO are the ones who get us apple users mad by rubbing it in our faces

Prest87
08-11-2011, 01:02 PM
huh... I don't think they need to go public on what is happening with Apple. Bottom line is that the Apple process is slowing things down and STS has no control over the demands made by Apple for approval therefore they must do their best to comply and that takes time since every time a change is required it needs to be coded and thoroughly tested.
+1 dont rage about a wait..

Sulfurus
08-11-2011, 01:06 PM
AAARGH! I want it on my ipod!!!!

Oldcoot
08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
I was playing PL and saw( system shutdown for iTunes) that got my hopes way up! What was that if not the SL start? Grats to everyone else! I'm still comin!!

Kraze
08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Seriously troll elsewhere no need to continue to kick the iOS players around

Register
08-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Seriously troll elsewhere no need to continue to kick the iOS players around

If he wants to troll, he can go troll in SL where he can be a happy little troll.

ZAurbanSQWRL
08-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Im here but dont understand it man

Duke
08-11-2011, 01:18 PM

The first rule of the App Store approval process is that you don't talk about the App Store approval process. The second rule of the App Store approval process is that you don't talk about the App Store approval process.

ZAurbanSQWRL
08-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Stomp im here but i dont understand lol, yes i do understand jk jk

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I have a question about the 30 platinum some people will be getting. Will it only go to people who reserved there accounts or will it also go to people who just sighn in with there pocketlegends acount?

To be eligible for the 30 free Platinum Grant, an account must have purchased Platinum via in-app purchase or the Webstore since 12:01 AM, March 1, 2011 and be in good standing.

nazgulking
08-11-2011, 01:23 PM

PREFACE: I am an iOS user

You are wrong! STS have done all they could to make it come to Apple and Android at the same time. Apple is playing dirty here and I don't blame STS to have made the game released in the Android Market, I am sure it was a though decision to make (Make all wait, or at least give some candies to some?). Come on STS is a private company and they need revenue, let's not hid our face in the sand. We cannot deny that, from a company point of view, this wait is a loss of money, doing this way they are minimizing the losses.
I feel frustated, non because I can't play SL alone, but more because STS cannot do nothing to speed up the process, they are armless before this burocratic Giant called App approval time. Just to let you know, Apple can keep months giving more enquires about things THEY don't like and STS can't do nothing but do what Apple demand. Nothing more, nothing less.
We CAN'T do NOTHING!

Gluttony
08-11-2011, 01:24 PM

I understand the situation from STS' viewpoint but the decision is dividing the community into Android users and iOS users, and it's getting quite apparent who is who. I don't know how many other options there are out there for beta testing, but running every new implementation (PL and SL) through Android users first to see how they work out is just going to drive some away. Just my thoughts.

nazgulking
08-11-2011, 01:27 PM
I understand the situation from STS' viewpoint but the decision is dividing the community into Android users and iOS users, and it's getting quite apparent who is who. I don't know how many other options there are out there for beta testing, but running every new implementation (PL and SL) through Android users first to see how they work out is just going to drive some away. Just my thoughts.

What STS can do? Real feedback comes from real usage and since Apple don't want Beta, what they can do? Release a buggy app just to appeal iOS users? I don't agree sorry.

Gluttony
08-11-2011, 01:30 PM
What STS can do? Real feedback comes from real usage and since Apple don't want Beta, what they can do? Release a buggy app just to appeal iOS users? I don't agree sorry.
They could hire a beta testing team, could release a buggy game, could wipe the beta stats completely... the list could get quite extensive, but I digress. You disagree with the fact that it's dividing the community? I never said STS handled it in a less than adequate way; care to point out which part of my previous statement that you don't agree with?

Tortimer
08-11-2011, 01:34 PM
I understand the situation from STS' viewpoint but the decision is dividing the community into Android users and iOS users, and it's getting quite apparent who is who. I don't know how many other options there are out there for beta testing, but running every new implementation (PL and SL) through Android users first to see how they work out is just going to drive some away. Just my thoughts. I couldn't agree anymore with what your saying. It already was something I was thinking about and not sure I wanted to play because of the Android people keeping their beta levels but now with it going live first and who knows when iOS would get SL. You also would have to worry now about future updates coming out together. I really don't blame sts with releasing this for Android after such a long wait. They need to get their money. It just I won't be playing SL or PL after this and can only wish sts luck in future. Goodbye!

Kraze
08-11-2011, 01:34 PM

As an iOS user tue last month and seeing one new thing after another added after another as a droid only item has lead to some angst and disappointment. As it seems the full release is so close for iOS I don't get the need to launch early on droid. However my only recourse at this point is to take a break and evaluate if I want to continue playing sts games. I say this now but like someone in a bad relationship I'm sure I'll be back as soon as in told thongs will be better this time....

nazgulking
08-11-2011, 01:35 PM
You implied that STS could use other means to test the beta. That I disagree with. You suggest to hire a beta team. They would never recreate a normal situation to be tested. A bad though-of test is gonna fail anyway. If people get divided due to this, even after STS pointed out that this was the only way to test and feliver a good product, well the poeple here are spoiled. Sorry.

P.S. Referred to Gluttony

StompArtist
08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I couldn't agree anymore with what your saying. It already was something I was thinking about and not sure I wanted to play because of the Android people keeping their beta levels but now with it going live first and who knows when iOS would get SL. You also would have to worry now about future updates coming out together. I really don't blame sts with releasing this for Android after such a long wait. They need to get their money. It just I won't be playing SL or PL after this and can only wish sts luck in future. Goodbye!

Muy Dramatico!!! Droid users came into PL months after iOS and still stuck around and enjoyed the game... have you never started playing a game after it had been out for a while? Doesn't make the game any less interesting!

Register
08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Muy Dramatico!!! Droid users came into PL months after iOS and still stuck around and enjoyed the game... have you never started playing a game after it had been out for a while? Doesn't make the game any less interesting!

but how many dorid use3rs were waiting forthe game FOR WEEKS?

EDIT: and how many were got a stab in the back and had another platform get the game before them?

Tortimer
08-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Muy Dramatico!!! Droid users came into PL months after iOS and still stuck around and enjoyed the game... have you never started playing a game after it had been out for a while? Doesn't make the game any less interesting! Yes, I have played many MMO games after it has been out a while but most I would have to say I didn't like. I'm really competitive and like to start out new with everyone else. I got my iphone/ipad after PL was out a while and started playing but never really got to far (lvl 24) because partially with many people already at cap. That's just the way I am and know many other people that don't feel that way. Like I posted earlier I was on the fence about SL with the Android beta and them keeping their levels but figured I would give it a try anyway. It is no big deal and wish sts good luck with their games.

Kraze
08-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I couldn't agree anymore with what your saying. It already was something I was thinking about and not sure I wanted to play because of the Android people keeping their beta levels but now with it going live first and who knows when iOS would get SL. You also would have to worry now about future updates coming out together. I really don't blame sts with releasing this for Android after such a long wait. They need to get their money. It just I won't be playing SL or PL after this and can only wish sts luck in future. Goodbye!

Ok however imagine if you would blizzard added an update that only HP users could use..or if you pre ordered a game that was multiplatform for for your xbox 360 for game that was set for a single release and the ps3 version launched and over two months later still no date for your game...

Gluttony
08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
You implied that STS could use other means to test the beta. That I disagree with. You suggest to hire a beta team. They would never recreate a normal situation to be tested. A bad though-of test is gonna fail anyway. If people get divided due to this, even after STS pointed out that this was the only way to test and feliver a good product, well the poeple here are spoiled. Sorry.

P.S. Referred to Gluttony

Yes I stand by they could have used other means to beta test. Yes I suggest they hire a beta team, plenty of game developers do it and have had success with it but STS is above using a normal situation to test their product? No clue why you think team of game testers is a failed idea when almost every platform game out there uses the same senario. We can all agree that using Android to launch a beta wasn't the only option available to STS, but pehaps the cheapest/easiest despite the results it may produce.

Look, don't assume that I'm spoiled when you don't even know the situation. Keep it civil as you suggested. Fact is I made an observation about the community as a whole, and as it seems some are with me and some are against (which is partially the point). STS could have handled things differently is all I'm saying. Personally, I draw the conclusion that STS is as fed up with Apple as the rest of us to the point they have given up on them almost entirely. They've released the game to another perhaps to try to force Apple's hand into an early approval. Apple should be just as hungry to get this game into the hands of the public as STS is with all of the new media STS is getting. I just wonder who is really holding things up, all I see is fingerpointing when both sides should have the same goal in mind ($$).

nazgulking
08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes I stand by they could have used other means to beta test. Yes I suggest they hire a beta team, plenty of game developers do it and have had success with it but STS is above using a normal situation (what does that even mean?!) to test their product? No clue why you think team of game testers is a failed idea (almost every platform game out there uses the same senario). We can all agree that using Android to launch a beta wasn't the only option available to STS, but pehaps the cheapest/easiest despite the results it may produce.

O.o was that an attempt at an ign pun?! Quite an original guy you are *tips hat*

I am not raging at you or anything like that. But some people posted after you when I posted, that's why I made the "PS" thngie :)
Every game use internal beta teams deliver buggy games (Fallout 3-NV anyone?). Usually game company, especially big ones, hire huge amount if people to test a normal stress situation.
When I say normal i refer to an everyday situation, take into consideration how many people play PL on the average, everyday - THAT is a normal testing set. Surely an hired internal team is insufficient to meet the standard of a test for this game, and I don't think STS have the bucks to hire a more consistent beta team. Using the android user base as beta tester is a free and efficient test base IMHO.

nazgulking
08-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Look, don't assume that I'm spoiled when you don't even know the situation.

It wasn't directed at you. Why you feel attacked?

Kraze
08-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Yes I stand by they could have used other means to beta test. Yes I suggest they hire a beta team, plenty of game developers do it and have had success with it but STS is above using a normal situation (what does that even mean?!) to test their product? No clue why you think team of game testers is a failed idea (almost every platform game out there uses the same senario). We can all agree that using Android to launch a beta wasn't the only option available to STS, but pehaps the cheapest/easiest despite the results it may produce.

O.o was that an attempt at an ign pun?! Quite an original guy you are *tips hat*

I am not raging at you or anything like that. But some people posted after you when I posted, that's why I made the "PS" thngie :)
Every game use internal beta teams deliver buggy games (Fallout 3-NV anyone?). Usually game company, especially big ones, hire huge amount if people to test a normal stress situation.
When I say normal i refer to an everyday situation, take into consideration how many people play PL on the average, everyday - THAT is a normal testing set. Surely an hired internal team is insufficient to meet the standard of a test for this game, and I don't think STS have the bugs to hire a more consistent beta team. Using the android user base as beta tester is a free and efficient test base IMHO.
Pl did just fine without a beta launch...

Gluttony
08-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I am not raging at you or anything like that. But some people posted after you when I posted, that's why I made the "PS" thngie
When I say normal i refer to an everyday situation, take into consideration how many people play PL on the average, everyday - THAT is a normal testing set. Surely an hired internal team is insufficient to meet the standard of a test for this game, and I don't think STS have the bugs to hire a more consistent beta team. Using the android user base as beta tester is a free and efficient test base IMHO.

Every game?! You take one example of a huge company that was desperate to cash in on the success of it's predecessor and make it the norm? Quite an impressive feat you pulled off there. I will however agree with the second point: using the android user base was free and effecient; period.

It wasn't directed at you. Why you feel attacked?

I am part of "the people here" I am also Gluttony (the one you reffered to), so... Also, I didn't make it personal in any way. I just made my points so trust me when I say I didn't feel the slightest bit attacked. Perhaps take it as me defending those same spoiled individuals you were reffering to.

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Nazul, Glutton, can you stop posting for a bit please and give it a breather.

Thanks!

Lowlyspy
08-11-2011, 02:07 PM
My spidey senses are detecting a lock in the near future.....in before lock :)

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 02:08 PM
My spidey senses are detecting a lock in the near future.....in before lock :)

I'd rather just force those who are arguing (even though they are doing so nicely, but you know, we like to keep things friendly) to take a little break than lock the thread from everyone...

Lowlyspy
08-11-2011, 02:11 PM
I'd rather just force those who are arguing (even though they are doing so nicely, but you know, we like to keep things friendly) to take a little break than lock the thread from everyone...

that would probably work out better, hopefully the advise is heeded

Ayc2000
08-11-2011, 02:11 PM
ahh, must there always be fighting? it will come out sooner or later, so we can either wait (semi)patiently or argue and blame
I think everyone should do the first option...

nazgulking
08-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Nazul, Glutton, can you stop posting for a bit please and give it a breather.

Thanks!

Ok I wanted to put water on the flame, but I've failed. Sorry.

P.S.
First time I reply to a thread heavily and I make a mess. Seems like a good time to hide in the shadows again...

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 02:13 PM
ahh, must there always be fighting? it will come out sooner or later, so we can either wait (semi)patiently or argue and blame
I think everyone should do the first option...

No, you're wrong Ayc2000!

(I unwisely chose the 2nd option)

:monkey:

DIRTYBURGERS
08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
have no fear, DirtyBurgers is here!!!

Lowlyspy
08-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Im gonna do a smooth hijacking here, i gotta say Ayc, your sig is awesome (^_^)

*unhijack*

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 02:17 PM
have no fear, DirtyBurgers is here!!!

FLEE!

:tyrannosaurus:

:watermelon:

PocketLegendsFan
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Only Vular? What happened to the Scorn and Riven?

Cascade
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Hehe forget ios it takes to long thats what you get for having iphones!! -cough- umm...jk?

Register
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
You have invited Xwhirlz to join you in "Star legends : The Blackstar Chronicles Launchers First on Android!"

Cascade
08-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Can we have a release party devs?

Addicted
08-11-2011, 02:23 PM
As an iPhone user, and a true Pocket Legends addict, I lament the continued delay of the much anticipated release of Star Legends on IOS.

As a business man myself, I congratulate STS on your success and hard work in releasing Star Legends. I know how much planning can go in to a new product release and wanting the timing to come off just right to make the biggest splash possible - it clearly didn't goes as you had hoped, but I am sure it will get there in the end. Hopefully this glitch in the plan will be long forgotten once we are ALL playing.

My thanks to you for one great game - hope to experience the second one soon!

Phoenixking
08-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Aaaaw mudgefudger!!!! Thats sort of depressing my mom wont let me borrow her android yill she buys another one

eamon2plz
08-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Omg. I didn't realize that the release announcement also extended the level cap.

It is so extremely hard to prevent myself from leveling as I am "saving myself" for my two buddies who both are iOS.

He is sitting at level 5. Should I reroll or just wait? Opinions?? :frog:

:edit: And now you are tempting me with vanity costume items???????? Diabolical.

Redbridge
08-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Omg. I didn't realize that the release announcement also extended the level cap.

It is so extremely hard to prevent myself from leveling as I am "saving myself" for my two buddies who both are iOS.

He is sitting at level 5. Should I reroll or just wait? Opinions?? :frog:

Do both... Level one alt and create another to level with your friends....

eamon2plz
08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Do both... Level one alt and create another to level with your friends....

Can you recommend which class that would do best in pick-up groups and why? I have a premium lvl 5 Commando right now.

Redbridge
08-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Can you recommend which class that would do best in pick-up groups and why? I have a premium lvl 5 Commando right now.

I'll leave that to someone else.... As an iThingy user, I only got a brief play on SL. I managed to create my alts and level to around 10 on them, I personally liked engineer but they all played great.... The android phone was given to my daughter on the 20th July as promised (at the original end date of the SL Beta).

On a separate note, I have made a conscious decision that from this moment onwards I will be purchasing all my Plat directly via STS and not via in App purchases. I'm addicted to apple and have a few iThingys but my additional gaming pennies for STS games will be going direct to STS from now on.....

Kraze
08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Two questions, with the recent trend of releasing things on the droid platform first will this be a continuing trend?

If this is the case has there been any discussion about using two different servers for the two platforms?

Kraze
08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Bump. A dev response would. Be greatly appreciated 8)

Stayfligh
08-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Im confused about star legends releasing on android first, I thought sts made it clear there would be a simultaneous release. Just seems like they have already gotten the unfair advantage bc of the beta and now the full game is open to them first. Seems like apple users are being punished bc apple isn't allowing a release yet. But on a better note congrats on the release and I can't wait to DL and play

Kraze
08-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Im confused about star legends releasing on android first, I thought sts made it clear there would be a simultaneous release. Just seems like they have already gotten the unfair advantage bc of the beta and now the full game is open to them first. Seems like apple users are being punished bc apple isn't allowing a release yet. But on a better note congrats on the release and I can't wait to DL and play
I understand that this isn't all sts's fault but it's not all apple either but I feel like the iOS players are being left out in the cold. If this is going to be they new business model (releasing new content on droid first) setting expectations for is iOS users may cut down on thread rage

Gnॐ
08-11-2011, 07:08 PM
To be fair I do not think anyone is trolling here. Just frustration, some of the iOS users have been waiting on this for so long they are feeling cheated... Normal human reaction (Squirrels would understand this much better).

It is true. I do feel bad, as if cheated. But STS needs to sell their product. I can't be angry. Just sad.

Kraze
08-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Any chance of getting a response if droid first is going to be the norm going forward?

thefirehawk
08-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Cooooool cant wait for star legends on apple

hidden_lantern
08-11-2011, 09:21 PM
The title is Powered by Spacetime which will allow Android, iOS and Windows users to play together globally. The technology supports game play over Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G and 4G networks.

Did I see Windows Users?? Is it for the Windows Phone 7?

Logger
08-11-2011, 09:29 PM
iOS users should be compensated. Saying you're releasing the game for both systems simultaneously and then deciding to release on Android first is pretty low. If there is not any sort of compensation, I doubt I will play considering the huge advantage that Android users get as far as guild names, character names, and the massive head start on leveling. Not impressed...

Andrew Poof Greve
08-11-2011, 09:40 PM
If you have an iPhone, you can't play this game... I can see the commercial already!

Conradin
08-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Congratz Devs! Your Baby is finally oOthen the market. I am bummed as well as I have been waiting for this since It was to be a PC game and was cut. But there's mouths tofeed and a game doesn't sell if nobody can buy. Now let's all pray for apple to hurry.

Breadkeeper
08-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Not trying to troll here, but if all you apple users who have not already saved your name, are really worried about the lack of names when you get on.....

Borrow a friends Android for 5 min, download the game, and create your character.

I know this is not an great alternative but im just trying to be semi helpful. Just dont steal the phone after you play for 2 min and cant put it down...

Stayfligh
08-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Oh yea its nobodies fault I was just expecting a simultaneous release and bummed that its not. I don't blame sts for releasing it they gotta make paper but I don't see why they would go and tell everybody they'd release at the same time then not. Bummed; but I check my app store many times a day waiting for the release bet I'll be buying an iTunes card and plat ASAP :)

Kinf
08-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Well I honestly can't fault STS for their decision to release on android. They had the game sitting there, ready to go, but tried to wait for an apple release. Then they tried to wait some more. And again, wait some more. Little bit more.....ready yet?....wait some more. Every day they held up the launch on android trying to be fair and launch multi-platform, was a day they took a loss. And apple has been doing this to them for weeks. I have an ipod, my wife bought it for me as a gift a while back. I certainly can't afford to pay the kind of money I see androids going for. I have been waiting along with the rest of the apple users, checking the app store several times a day, just like most of the others. As frustrated as I am with apple and their "Approval Process" their is very little STS can do about it, but can you just imagine the kind of damage apple is doing to their reputation with stunts like this? STS is far from alone in their plight with apple.

MightyMicah
08-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Did i just enter a graveyard? Cheer up people!!! The game's beta has ended! This is great news! It means everything going back to normal! Another two weeks for apple to approve it and bam! Back in business. Besides, all those android users need all the help they can get! ;) i think we can afford to give em two measly weeks head start. ;)

Elyseon
08-12-2011, 01:06 AM
So...anyone up for spamming app store's Facebook wall?

Gluttony
08-12-2011, 01:15 AM
So...anyone up for spamming app store's Facebook wall?

I doubt that will accomplish anything, also I'm not convinced that STS would condone that type of behavior. You're welcome to it though.

Elyseon
08-12-2011, 01:24 AM
The wall already has a bunch of post about SL on it so if Apple ever reads it, they will hopefully hurry up

Kalielle
08-12-2011, 05:48 AM
I'm jealous of all the Android users :)... but I applaud STS's decision. I think it sends a message to those who have the mind to understand. Read around the forums and you'll gather why it's not out on all platforms yet. STS is trying to be polite about it and not blaming anyone, but we're all intelligent people who can read between the lines (I hope) and it's pretty clear that this not STS's fault but some other company's. People have to be blind not to see that.

All of us iDevice users have willingly entered into an agreement that gives Apple the right to decide when and what software we get to install. There are both advantages and disadvantages to this approach, and we have to take the good with the bad. If they happen to disapprove of an app for reasons that none of us would care about, we don't have any power because they're the ones who get to decide what we're allowed to run on our own devices. If we don't like this, we can choose as consumers to go with a different product.

Back when my husband and I bought our iPads, there were no other viable tablet choices. The market will look very different when it comes time to replace our tablets, and app availability is certainly a factor we'll consider when deciding what brand to get next.

Teddyache
08-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Back when my husband and I bought our iPads, there were no other viable tablet choices. The market will look very different when it comes time to replace our tablets, and app availability is certainly a factor we'll consider when deciding what brand to get next.

I have an iPad for the same reason (and my wife has an iPad2) but I was a long time, loyal Verizon Wireless customer so I was forced into an android phone for a while. When I upgraded my original droid, I passed on the Verizon iPhone and now I'm glad I did. I'd much rather play on the iPad though just due to screen size so I do have sympathy for those who have not so diversified. I agree with the comments that STS had little choice but to do this, and hopefully it will put pressure on the approvers...

Congrats to the devs on the game release!

JemNI
08-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Not trying to troll here, but if all you apple users who have not already saved your name, are really worried about the lack of names when you get on.....

Borrow a friends Android for 5 min, download the game, and create your character.

I know this is not an great alternative but im just trying to be semi helpful. Just dont steal the phone after you play for 2 min and cant put it down...

Or we'll just have to be Uber-creative like those Android users did when PL had been running already on iOS for months before Android.

Kraze
08-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Any chance of getting a response if droid first is going to be the norm going forward?

Still looking for a response

nabidavid
08-12-2011, 02:38 PM
AUSTIN, Texas – August 11, 2011 – Android™ gamers will be the first to experience the new sci-fi MMO universe of Star Legends™: The Blackstar Chronicles (http://www.starlegends.com) from Spacetime Studios, the developer of Pocket Legends. The title launches with more than 80,000 players already from the beta.

Um... what is this about "Windows users"? Does this mean Windows Phone or Windows on PC? I heard that Star Legends may come to PC/Mac in the near future. Anyone know what this means?

Kraze
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM

Um... what is this about "Windows users"? Does this mean Windows Phone or Windows on PC? I heard that Star Legends may come to PC/Mac in the near future. Anyone know what this means?
Insert joke about what version will launch first here ______

nabidavid
08-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Insert joke about what version will launch first here ______

Look on the bright side... Some of the iOS users may be able to play it instead of twiddling thumbs if/when it releases to PC/Mac. ;-D

Dartagnian
08-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Sweet weepin jeebus i so wanna play this game. 8(

This is torturous. 8(

Kraze
08-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Still looking for a response
Kraze you can't quote yourself quoting your self. I sure can still looking for a response....

Gluttony
08-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Kraze you can't quote yourself quoting your self. I sure can still looking for a response....

Well there is this:

"When we launched Pocket Legends on Android we were blown away by the response from the community. Android has since become the leading revenue driver and our primary focus. It is so easy to publish apps on their Market that it became a no-brainer for us to flip the standard mobile game strategy on its head and launch on Android before any other OS."

Read all about it HERE (http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/11/star-legends-a-sci-fi-mmo-launches-into-the-android-os/).

Kraze
08-13-2011, 06:01 PM

Well there is this:

"When we launched Pocket Legends on Android we were blown away by the response from the community. Android has since become the leading revenue driver and our primary focus. It is so easy to publish apps on their Market that it became a no-brainer for us to flip the standard mobile game strategy on its head and launch on Android before any other OS."

Read all about it HERE (http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/11/star-legends-a-sci-fi-mmo-launches-into-the-android-os/).

Wow missed that quote...I guess in time I'll adjust to playing catch up or move on. Ty post glut

PsYcHo MaRiNe-X
08-14-2011, 09:46 PM
This is the best game i have played on my Dell Steak 5 Mini, which has a 5 inch Screen.. :) Moved from PL to SL and loving
every bit of what the game has to offer..

Kinf
08-14-2011, 10:29 PM
At this point many have to wonder if there will even be an iOS version of SL. Is STS still even attempting to work with apple? look on the web and you can see that they are far from the only company having problems with apple, quite a few even dropping ios development all together. With the difficulties presented by apples rules and regulations, many are simply going where they can actually start making money, as opposed to sitting around for months waiting.

CanonicalKoi
08-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I dunno. Seems like there should be a happy medium between too-tight-restrictions and oh-what-the-heck-we'll-release-anything-and-hope-we-can-push-a-virus-fix-later.

Snakespeare
08-15-2011, 10:01 AM
At this point many have to wonder if there will even be an iOS version of SL. Is STS still even attempting to work with apple? look on the web and you can see that they are far from the only company having problems with apple, quite a few even dropping ios development all together. With the difficulties presented by apples rules and regulations, many are simply going where they can actually start making money, as opposed to sitting around for months waiting.

JustG saidin chat that they ARE continuing to work with Apple.

KingKyle Gilligan
08-18-2011, 11:18 AM
That game sucks friends...

Yeah I expected more. They should of made it so you can play as an alien or a human, like WoW. Also, they same only 3 classes and no gender switch? COME ON! If the other mobile mmorpg's didn't suck, then they probably be better than this.
P.s. Why in legends does the Mage HAVE to be a girl. COMPLETE LACK OF GENDER SWITCH.

P.s.s. Make more classes.

Goodbye.

NoseToNose
08-18-2011, 11:31 AM
That game sucks friends...

Yeah I expected more. They should of made it so you can play as an alien or a human, like WoW. Also, they same only 3 classes and no gender switch? COME ON! If the other mobile mmorpg's didn't suck, then they probably be better than this.
P.s. Why in legends does the Mage HAVE to be a girl. COMPLETE LACK OF GENDER SWITCH.

P.s.s. Make more classes.

Goodbye.
You have to realize everything is still in the development stages, even Pocket Legends is still there. It too WoW and many other MMOs a few years to get it right, so why would star legends or pocket legends be the exception. I'm sure we will see plenty more options down the line. You are entitled to your opinion as always however you're only cheating yourself on leaving early. spacetime studios has so much more in store for us you can never imagine.
Oh and Xero stop being a brat and get back in game, you know you love it.

XDocNastyX
08-19-2011, 08:38 AM
If it weren't for having a contract with att right now I'd switch over to sprint just so I can get the android and play SL. Watchout apple. I may just take the termination hit and do that... Get your arses movin or you'll lose a customer

Geeque
08-19-2011, 03:56 PM
cool

SUPAPRODIGY
08-19-2011, 04:11 PM
This is NOT a HATE thread please just wait.
Thanks

Xcerted
08-20-2011, 12:15 AM
School Started not as many people post anymore .

neonrunner
08-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Add Content

MightyMicah
08-24-2011, 11:55 PM
So first I was patient, then I was upset, then I was angry, then I was Sad, and now Im histerical! This whole deal is such a joke! Rofl the stinkin Ios users are just left in the dust to rot....lol maybe, just maybe, next century Sl will come out. Don't get me wrong Im not complaining, just find this whole ordeal pretty funny really...

cagethewicked
08-25-2011, 10:54 AM
I cant wait to apple approves n i have faith that they will spacetime games r played widely theyll want bussiness. i have droid so yay droid =)

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb366/Cage89kunis/ColorTouch.jpg

Brickwall
08-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Its out lol the apple flaming can finally stop......

Until update time :dejection:

Navygreen
08-25-2011, 12:22 PM
yaaaay! :)

Barrington
08-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now! Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now! Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now! Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now! Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now! Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now! Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now! Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now Download Now!

Snakespeare
08-25-2011, 12:28 PM
I take full responsibility. LOL!

I sent them an email before I left work last night, pleading, begging... maybe it worked! :-)

Snake

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-legends-3d-mmo/id439757470?ls=1&mt=8

xiTzXSnipezx
08-25-2011, 12:36 PM
How do I use the name I reserved for SL?

Snakespeare
08-25-2011, 01:47 PM
How to use your reserved name... tap on the random name, tap backspace, type your reserved name. I did it. It worked.

MightyMicah
08-25-2011, 11:02 PM
YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Leaderboar here i come!!!